Start by marking “The Audacity 2: Time Warp” as Want to Read:
The Audacity 2: Time Warp

The Audacity 2: Time Warp

May’s career as an interstellar rocket racer is just ramping up. She’s got a stunning ship, her best friend Xan for a co-pilot, and a rocket-full of winnings. But obscenely good luck can’t last forever, and May has been racing in a stolen ship. When Xan’s arrested by a tea-sipping, goddess-possessed pink robot for a crime he can’t bring himself to explain without baking an ...more
Kindle Edition
Published June 2nd 2020

To ask other readers questions about The Audacity 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Audacity 2

Start your review of The Audacity 2: Time Warp
Daniel Aegan
Jun 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC copy of The Audacity 2 from the author, and I was blown through a black hole. Full disclosure: I loved the first book immensely! That being said, Laura upped the ante with the sequel. It’s full of laughs, queerness, sci-fi adventure, and the kind of friendship that make anime characters fight to the death. I even find myself using the zuxing slang and alien swears from the book now.

The laughs are outrageous, the action is heart-pounding, and the outer space time travel will ma
G.M. Nair
May 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5/5

Laura Loup's The Audacity was one of my favorite books of 2019, being the spiritual follow-up to The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy that I'd been looking for for a while. It had everything: fun and clever humor, weird concepts, and outlandish, but endearing characters.

I'm happy to report that The Audacity 2 continues the trend. It picks up a few months after the first book ends and we get to catch up with Xan, May, and a host of new, delightful characters as they race to try to stop Chaos
S.E. Anderson
Jun 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I discovered this series last year and instantly fell in love with May and Xan, every day human turned rocket racer and blue-skinned Thuntian with a mysterious past turned I Love Lucy binge-watcher. Now the sequel is out, and it's even more hilarious than the first.

There's just so much to love about this series: anyone who's a fan of Douglas Adams and the absurd of the cosmos will feel at home among these pages, laughing at the zany space adventures and the narrator's deft turn of phase - and oc
EmilieSA
Jun 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An ARC was provided by the author, but opinions are my own

When I learnt about a queer book having the same humor and vibe as The Hitchhiker’s Guide, I knew I would love it. And I did, book 1 was amazing and book 2 is on the same track. It’s funny, it’s weird, it’s queer and it’s a great time. I never get bored.
I loved getting to know Xan and May more and following their relationship. Those two have great chemistry and their friendship is a damn fine thing to witness.
Honestly, if you like humor a
Zaid
Jun 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a spell-binding sequel!! It had everything I wanted: adventure, friendship, new characters, it answered a lot of questions I had from the first book, some of the best similes I’ve ever read in literature (May followed her like a cat being dragged on a leash) and best of all it was FUNNY AS FUCK. Loved it.
My favorite line: “May peered into the dark window, feeling like the first idiot to get picked off in a horror movie.”
Maya RC
May 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Laura is such a comedic genius and her world building is awesome. The characters are unique and have great chemistry. Even if you haven’t read the first instalment, you won’t be confused at all. This is a must read for Sci-Fi and comedy fans.
Allister
May 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Audacity 2 picks up right where Book 1 left off. It was a good laugh, and the characters all go through a heck of a journey in this one both personally and together. Plus, we get to know more about Xan which is always great. I can't wait until the next crazy adventure! ...more
Meaghan Curley
Jun 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic read filled with lovable unique characters, heart-pounding scenes, hilarious one-liners and a bitchcaking story. Love love love loved it!
Danielle Saints
Jun 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my favorite book of the series (so far!) Xan and May are back, and reading them tackle time travel has filled a Futurama-sized hole that I’ve had for a while! 🚀
Felicia Barron
Jun 05, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just as good as the first one! This series manages to be fun and adventurous without losing its depth. I enjoyed it from beginning to finish, and I will definitely be recommending it to others. I applaud Loup’s ability to convey mental illness and trauma while keeping the escapism and joy that the first book had. Also, the diversity is great, as usual! Awesome job!
Franki Anderson
Fieke
Dec 24, 2020
Geneviève
Apr 20, 2021

• The Never Tilting World (The Never Tilting World, #1)
  • The Heart Forger (The Bone Witch, #2)
  • Wicked As You Wish (A Hundred Names for Magic, #1)
  • The Girl from the Well (The Girl from the Well, #1)
  • The Bone Witch (The Bone Witch, #1)
  • The House in the Cerulean Sea
  • White Fragility: Why It’s So Hard for White People to Talk About Racism
  • To Be Taught, If Fortunate
  • All Boys Aren't Blue
  • The Priory of the Orange Tree
  • The Inheritance Games (The Inheritance Games, #1)
  • The Binding
  • You're Not Enough (and That's Ok): Escaping the Toxic Culture of Self-Love
  • Learn to Draw (Almost) Anything in 6 Easy Steps
  • Into the Never: Nine Inch Nails and the Creation of the Downward Spiral
  • The Ventifact Colossus (The Heroes of Spira #1)
  • Silver in the Wood (The Greenhollow Duology, #1)
  • Hush (Hush, #1)