Start by marking “Buffalo Woman Comes Singing” as Want to Read:
Buffalo Woman Comes Singing

Buffalo Woman Comes Singing

"This vibrant book of wonders speaks true and dreams deep. Writng with blazing honesty she tells of her hard-won knowledge of many of the world's spiritual and healing traditions, while hold the Sacred Hoop of Natie Amreicanwisdom. This magnificent teacher becomes for us a new embodiment of White Buffalo Woman."
Jean Houston
Author of THE SEARCH FOR THE BELOVED
BUFFALO WOMAN
Published December 24th 1991 by Ballantine Books

To ask other readers questions about Buffalo Woman Comes Singing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Buffalo Woman Comes Singing

Monica
Jul 31, 2018 rated it liked it
I enjoyed the exercises in the book. I kind of lost interest in the overall story though.
Elizabeth Stone
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
One of the best books I have ever read. I have reread it several times.
Tamara Agha-Jaffar
Brooke Medicine Eagle is a spiritual guide and teacher, conducting workshops to help others on the path of spirituality and growth. In Buffalo Woman Comes Singing, she traces the steps she took to connect with her spiritual core. She describes her life on the farm, her family, her upbringing, and her encounters with individuals in the physical and spiritual realm, all of whom contributed to her progress on the spiritual path. Scattered throughout are personal anecdotes about the people and event ...more
Shanna
Apr 16, 2009 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: New Age/Spiritual Seekers
I did like this book, but I do not feel that in some ways that it was what it claimed to be. It was a great book for anyone on a spiritual path, and gave some great exercises to clear your energy and help you connect to the Earth.

The reason that I only gave it three stars is because of some of the doubt that has been cast for me about Ms. Medicine Eagle's tribal claims. Many websites and tribal authorities question the validity of these claims.

I think that Brooke Medicine Eagle has a lot of spi
Carolyn
Aug 03, 2014 rated it did not like it
This is a disgusting appropriation of North American Aboriginal culture. Brooke 'Medicine Eagle' has been criticized by the American Indian Movement for expropriating traditional spiritual practices of First Nations people. She is not of Aboriginal descent, but falsely insists that she is of Native American ancestry. This book, and the entirety of Brooke's person, is an unpardonable, shameful theft.
Drea
Dec 02, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: All people with a sincere spiritual practice, and people who want to start one.
This book was very special. It got to the core of what any yoga practice should be about....

This book really brings out the same compassion as practices from Tibet and you can feel the oneness.

When the buffalo woman comes singing, listen deeply.
Zola
Dec 28, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: i-give-up
Chalise/Brooke "Medicine Eagle" Edwards has lied about her Native ancestry and has published this book full of non-traditional ceremony & story. This book is not what it advertises itself to be.
Apr 26, 2010 rated it it was ok
I feel that this book had some interesting and worthwhile ideas to ponder, but I felt like I had to wade through a lot of BS to get to the good parts.
Cherokee
May 01, 2009 rated it did not like it
ANOTHER READING ALL THE TIME BOOK, I HAVE SO MANY I DO THIS WITH. I VERY SELDOM JUST PICK A BOOK ANYMORE AND READ FOR ENJOYMENT. MOST IS RESEARCH OR EXPLORING ME.
William
Aug 13, 2008 rated it did not like it
I was unable to make a connection.
Jess
Apr 08, 2007 rated it really liked it
From a personal stand point, Brooke is wise and strong and full of humor. This book takes you back to Native American spirituality without shoving it down your throat.
Gabriel Lea
May 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spiritual
I love this book. I've read it several times. Anyone with an interest in Native American wisdom will appreciate this addition to their collection.
Caitlin
Apr 05, 2008 rated it really liked it
This book first introduced me to Feldenkrais - an odd, beautiful mixture of themes, events, stories, and instruction.
Lisa

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• All Women Are Healers: A Comprehensive Guide to Natural Healing
  • Spirit Song: The Introduction of No-Eyes
  • Plant Spirit Medicine: The Healing Power of Plants
  • 13 Original Clan Mothers: Your Sacred Path to Discovering the Gifts, Talents and Abilities of the Feminine Through the Ancient Teachings of the Sisterhood
  • Embracing the Beloved: Relationship as a Path of Awakening
  • Meditations for Women Who Do Too Much
  • The Woman of Wyrrd
  • The Pagan Book of Halloween: A Complete Guide to the Magick, Incantations, Recipes, Spells, and Lore
  • Yoni Shakti: A Woman's Guide to Power and Freedom Through Yoga and Tantra
  • Hexcraft: Dutch Country Magick
  • Medicine of the Cherokee: The Way of Right Relationship
  • The Disobedience of the Daughter of the Sun: A Mayan Tale of Ecstasy, Time, and Finding One's True Form
  • The Earth Path: Grounding Your Spirit in the Rhythms of Nature
  • Die Wise: A Manifesto for Sanity and Soul
  • Asteroid Goddesses: The Mythology, Psychology, and Astrology of the Re-Emerging Feminine
  • Grandmothers of The Light: A Medicine Woman's Sourcebook
  • Hallucinogens and Shamanism
  • Mother Earth Spirituality: Native American Paths to Healing Ourselves and Our World