Start by marking “Tales from the Crypt #5: Yabba Dabba Voodoo” as Want to Read:
Tales from the Crypt #5: Yabba Dabba Voodoo

Tales from the Crypt #5: Yabba Dabba Voodoo (Tales from the Crypt Graphic Novels #5)

3.63  ·  Rating details ·  48 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews

Just when you thought " Tales from the Crypt" couldn`t get any scarier, the Crypt-Keeper, the Old Witch, and the Vault-Keeper return with four more all-new " Fear-Y Tales" to frighten the Bejeezus out of you! A man receives telepathic signals from a young beautiful woman, but it all turns out Terror-ably wrong in `Glass Heads`. And speaking of dangerous women, wait `till y

Published January 6th 2009 by Papercutz (first published September 30th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Tales from the Crypt #5, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tales from the Crypt #5

Arthur Graham
*2.5 stars, only because the stories are more than "just okay" for sick, twisted individuals like me, but the writing in general was simply too atrocious at points to earn a solid 3. Some of it was so bad it was good, which probably bumped up the score a little as well.

I recently snagged this on a whim (along with volumes 6 and 7) from Black Cat Comics in SLC. The wife and I had been in there a week or so prior, but all we did was mess up the shelves before leaving empty handed, so I felt kinda
found a couple of these graphic novels in the library and decided to check them out. i used to watch the show tales from the crypt, not when i was a kid but as a young adult someone introduced me to the show and i thought it was...weird but okay. lol

that's kind of how i feel now that i have read this graphic novel. it was weird, the stories were pretty much how the episodes were...with almost no good endings for the main characters.

but i did like the illustrations, especially in the first story,
Jul 30, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
I recently snagged three of these TALES FROM THE CRYPT issues from a bargain bin for a buck apiece. The first one I read, ZOMBIELICIOUS, struck me as pretty childish, so I wasn't too keen on checking out the others.
However, this particular issue promised a story by champion mojo storyteller Joe R. Lansdale, so I couldn't help but give the series another shot.
YABBA DABBA VOODOO surprised me for two reasons: 1) It was a huge improvement over ZOMBIELICIOUS, and 2) Mr. Lansdale's contribution was th
Oct 06, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was interesting enough but certainly for juvenile, sadistic children. I mean why do things like this exist? Well, I give it one thing, these are fun stories, and slightly if not very disturbing. If Stephen King had his way with these, a whole new generation could be insomniatic.

I still enjoyed it, but the sub plot was cheesy and unoriginal. Just weird really.

And I found these stories to be far more graphic in the sense of blood and guts, and the stuff your head conjures up in relation to w
Sarah Crawford
Jan 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The first story is about a guy who uses women. He comes on to one and acts like he plans to marry her, but he sees her aunt and ends up leaving. Her's aunt's a witch and gets her revenge, but at a price. The second story is about a cheating business man who steals another man's idea. The other man uses a computer to get even, but sometimes programs can become too alive.

The next story is about an AIDs cure that goes horribly wrong. The last story has to do with Russian paranormal experiments duri
Jan 11, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: zombies
In honor of All Hallows Read I gave the PandaBat two more of these, which we sprawled warmly together on the sofa reading yesterday. This is a tradition I'll be keeping, and, with luck, celebrating in much the same way.

Well, I finally got around to finishing it. It's been so long I had to start over. I've always loved scary comics, so silly and over-the-top. These fit into that tradition nicely.

Tosh's copy
Four stories in this slim volume of comics inspired by Tales from the Crypt. "Glass Heads" was my favorite, with a surprising ending.
Jun 01, 2017
Tara Messier
Nov 27, 2017
Nov 24, 2014
May 23, 2011
rated it did not like it
Aug 01, 2011
Mar 30, 2015
Jordan GoryJory Lurie
Feb 17, 2013
Van Lente was raised by a mystery-loving mother (who preferred Dorothy Sayers to Agatha Christie, but we won't hold that against her) and a wisecracking Woody Allen-lookalike scientist father in what appears to be some kind of genetic experiment to write his first novel, TEN DEAD COMEDIANS, even though neither parent nor the son himself would know it for many years.

Van Lente spent his time betwee
More about Fred Van Lente...

Tales from the Crypt Graphic Novels (9 books)
  • Tales from the Crypt #1: Ghouls Gone Wild
  • Tales from the Crypt #2: Can You Fear Me Now?
  • Tales from the Crypt #3: Zombielicious
  • Tales from the Crypt #4: Crypt-Keeping It Real
  • Tales from the Crypt #6: You Tomb (Tales from the Crypt Series #6)
  • Tales from the Crypt #7: Something Wicca This Way Comes