Start by marking “Leo (Preston Brothers #3)” as Want to Read:
Leo (Preston Brothers #3)

Leo

(Preston Brothers #3)

One single summer changed them forever, and one moment of devastating silence destroyed it all.

Growing up with six siblings, Leo Preston has always struggled to find his voice.
While his brothers are loud, greedy, and somewhat obnoxious, Leo is forever the quiet one.
The thinker.
The listener.
He watches his life pass by as an outsider in his own world, absent and alone.
Lo
Published August 11th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Leo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Leo

Start your review of Leo (Preston Brothers #3)
Christy
Jul 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-five-stars
5 stars

“7B6E4C4E_715E_4750_8B5D_63C9581E7601_IMG_7805"/
“You’ve always been the main character in my story, Leo Preston.”

Jay McLean is one of those authors that always writes stories that speak straight to my heart. No other author can make me laugh, cry, and feel as strongly as her. Leo is a testament to that. This book gave me all the feels, had me crying at times, but also made me laugh and smile so much. It’s such a talent to be able to always evoke those kinds of emotions EVERY TIME but somehow, Jay does. She is magic.

Mia
Wendy

I am a HUGE Jay McLean fangirl. I absolutely love her writing and " More than Forever " is one of my all-time favorites. I re-read it all the freaking time. Almost all the books I have read by her are 5-star reads for me, and this one... I would have given it 10 stars if I could have. It is right up there with More than Forever for me.

perfection gif - Google Zoeken

Now even though I absolutely loved this one, it also broke my heart and soul into tiny little pieces... I was a wreck when I finished it and my eyes were pretty
melissa ☽

update: knocked my rating down a bit because after thinking about it, Leo annoyed me a lot and Mia does deserve better :(

ever since i read the epilogue in logan i have been waiting- WAITING for this book for.. 2 years?? what am i talking about you ask??

LOGAN epilogue
↳ Mia shows up unexpectedly in Lucy and Cameron's kids' 1st bday and apparently when she was 13 years old, she was this "brace-faced" girl with acne, who allegedly went to "fat camp", and who was sooo in love and obse
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
24993460-SX540
m

LEO: is the third full length romance book in Jay McLean's 'Preston Brother' series. it doesn't necessarily need to be read as a stand alone but it's best to read in order to understand the character dynamics. Spoken in 'Dual Perspectives.'

This author right here goes beyond being my unicorn author, she’s my #oneclick above all others!
The one I stalk the most
The one I recommend the most
The series that I love the most!
What ever this author writes turns into pure magic!

Not gonna lie, I did
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****FIVE STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

I reach up, swipe my thumbs across her cheeks, expose my flesh to her liquid agony. My eyes search hers, and I wish I could sink in her tears until there was nothing but her pain in my lungs. I would drown in her heartache.

If you’ve read any of Jay McLean’s previous books, then you know your heart and mind are about to be put through so much gut-wrenching torment but her stories are beyond phenomenal and so you just keep coming back for more
moonlight ☾
update (8/15): my boy Holden is having his own book! It's what he deserves. 🥺👏🏼

***

5++ stars

damn the way I cried like hell in this...I thought Lucas and Logan's books were emotional but Leo proved me wrong. As the quiet Preston kid, I was curious about him, but I didn't expect his book to be this level of good but it might honestly be a tie with Logan as my favorite in the series. That's how much it broke me apart, but healed me in the best way possible. <33

Mia (h):
I loved Mia as the hero
Nicola
Aug 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-reads, 5-stars
A recommendation, 10 days, 3 books and a few Kleenex later I have finished the entire Preston Brothers series. Lucas and Logan were good but Leo, the quietest most thoughtful brother and glue of the family, was the icing on the cake.

description

The characters in this series will steal your heart as they enter adulthood making mistakes that will frustrate and suffering personal plights and pain that will crack even the toughest of cookies. And whilst Leo is a bit of behemoth of a book which took me 5 days t
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth
EDIT TO ADD: WHEEEEEEEE! Holden gets his own book! If you haven't read LEO, do it before you read Holden :D Add to your TBR! https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/5...

TITLE: LEO
THEMES & TROPES: Mental Health Issues, Friends to Lovers
RATING: ALL OF THE STARS
CLIFFHANGER: No

READ MY REVIEW ON THE BLOG

It's been so long since I read a story by Jay McLean and, boy, did I miss the Preston Clan.
Yeasmin Alo (Red Sparrow)

"I just need you to hold me for,like, five hours"

Jay McLean for me is always a outburst of vivid feelings and emotions
I think I read the whole book with Glassy Eyes

Human life is so full of complexity man!!
Sometimes you gotta Wear your big girl panties and keep your chin up and own your own life

So what you will be dealing with in this book
- Phases of Pre-teen, Teenager and young adult life

- Clarity of mind
-Ho
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
Heart. Torn. WIDE!

That's what one of my most vital organs felt like when I finished this book. I felt absolutely shredded! I went into this expecting angst. I knew there was going to be pain. I knew I was going to hate some things, and positively adore others. What I got??? So much more than I could have ever planned for! I. Wasn't. Ready!

As with all the girls the Preston family adopts as their own, Mia was broken. Although she was abandoned by her parents, she wasn't unloved. Her grandfather ga
Melanie (mells_view)
Aug 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
”It’s about family and loss and friendship and tragedy and love. Young love.”

How can a quote in the book you’re reading, that is about another book, describe the book that you’re actually reading so damn well? So meta. Anyway. Jay McLean has done it again, and you’d think at this point I would better prepare myself for the heart squeezing rollercoaster ride that this talented woman takes me on. 8219 locations (whatever the heck that means) in this book, and I read the last page wishing there was
Veronica WordsAreMyDrinkOfChoice
niteskycs
Aug 10, 2020 rated it did not like it
P
Aug 18, 2020 rated it did not like it
Another faithless loser who swears he is in love with the heroine while sleeping with everything that walks. The finale nail in the coffin for me is when he bails on the heroine after finding out she has bulimia. He “felt so guilty” about the comments his brothers made that contribute to her bulimia, that he immediately made it all about himself and bailed on her. He blocked her number and completely devastated her to assuage his own guilt 🙄 How self involved can you get? That is in no way shape ...more
Bookadmirer
Aug 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
ABookLover73
Aug 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020, arc
FIVE EMOTIONAL STARS for Mia and Leo 💜💛💜💛!!!

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

WOW!!!

Jay McLean is one of my favorite young and new adult romance writers and with this book she has once again shown that she deserves to be high on the list of best writers.

"Leo" is a new adult romance with friends to lovers trope that will keep your attention through the whole book.

Mia is a female character who has been rejected by her parents from an early age and the only love she got is from her grandfather.

At the age of thirteen, she met L
Meredith Wilson
Aug 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-arc-reads
As with any Jay McLean book, I knew there would be angst. I knew that my poor heart would be put through the wringer. But nothing could prepare me for this one. Leo kicked off a powerful coming of age love story that had my heart aching and racing while sitting on the edge of my seat with my emotions churning. Mia and Leo's story completely ripped my heart in two before it was painstakingly put back together again.

Mia has never known love other than from her grandfather. Her dad is out of the p
Jennifer Kyle
Aug 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars
Sentranced Jem
Aug 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-2020
I don’t know about you but I feel I have to always brace myself before starting a book by Jay McLean…It’s always an emotional read. The story always feels so real. McLean somehow always manages to get me so invested in the characters..They become come alive and become near and dear to my heart.
I have loved the Preston Brothers series for a while and Leo, My silent quiet boy, always captured my attention.
The Preston family *sigh*
I love the Preston family. I am aware that I’ve said this before
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
Aug 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: all-the-feels
5 « almost DNF as it hurt too much” stars

I finished Leo this afternoon and I am a mess.

I went through so many emotions reading that book!

First: frustration

Because Jay chose at one point to use a trope I dislike in romance the “I am choosing this to spare you but I am not asking you”. I HATE when characters choose something to “spare” the other without discussing it! They just rob the other character of his choice under the pretense of sparing them the burden not to choose.

If it co
Reckless Readers
Aug 04, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs
I finished this a few days ago and need to wait on the review because I needed to sit and stew on it. I've really struggled with how to rate this book because I LOVED Leo. Like, really, really loved him. The man is a saint and an expert in patience. He's not without his faults of course, but he never deserved to be treated the way Mia treated him.

There were moments when I liked Mia. Small moments here and there where I really empathized with her because I've been that person that was made fun o
Carmen Rae
I knew this book was going to ruin me. Since the second I saw it I have been dying to read it but I knew it would kill me to read it so I held off until I had an opportunity to read it without distraction. And honestly, I can't remember the details of the previous books but I know I loved them to the depths of my soul. I also know they killed me.

So as soon as I picked up this book the prologue had me dying to know what was going to happen and how it was going to end. I was broken by both of the
Roobie
⭐️5 stars⭐️

Sometimes there's a single line in a book, or a sentence, or an entire paragraph that gives you pause, makes you think, makes you open that page over and over just so you see the same few words again and again. Relive them. Rethink them.
These are the pages that connect to the part of the spine that has the least amount of ink, the most damage.

Ok Leo is LOVE .
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4-4.5 ⭐'s

“Everything.”

I was NOT prepared for Leo/Leo on sooo many levels. When I finished reading the book, I literally felt trampled on physically and emotionally. And that's saying something because I actually think this book is too angsty!

If you're reading the series, you might remember that Mia is Virginia's daughter. Virginia is the boy's nanny/housekeeper/etc.

Mia hasn't had much of a relationship with her father as she lives with her "Papa" (her paternal grandfather). Her Papa t
katya
Aug 12, 2020 rated it liked it
Preston family was too obnoxious at times and their excuses for how they treated Mia were so lame. Her and Benny definitely were the most likeable characters in this.
Antonella
Aug 03, 2020 marked it as to-read
there was a time when I knew everything about the Preston household but now for the life of me, I CAN'T REMEMBER...who is Leo?! previous books?! ugh...
~Dawn~TUG
Aug 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
6 STARS

Leo is EVERYTHING and more. The reason I read is encapsulated within these pages. So much emotion, depth and heart I seriously lose myself while reading. A jolting reminder of why I love romance, the feeling of first love and complete devastation. Family, and who you are within the walls of your loved ones. Learning to break barriers to stand for something, to love, heal, grow, and become a better person on the way. This book has it all in only the way Jay McLean can deliver, perfectly. I
Mila
Aug 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
There is a lot of back and forth like every book I've read so far by Jay, and I still enjoy every word written in them.
Siempre bueno leer sobre semejantes personajes.
I kind of relate to Mia, I loved her, I was sad for her, I hurt for her and also I was proud of her.

When I read the dock part, I felt triggered, so beware of that.
Leo. I don't really know how to feel about him, I really don't, I mean I liked him, I understood him and I felt close to his character, idk something weird.

Id felt empty
Damjana
Aug 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.75 stars!
I am really not a fan of long books. When I noticed this book has more than 600 pages I had second thoughts if I should started it or not. But I loved first two books and Jay McLean never left me disappointed. After finishing this book I was really happy that I read it. Never, for one moment, I felt bored, story never dragged.
I give it 4,75 starts, only because of too sweet ending. Everything else was your typical romance story.
AJ
5 angsty, heartwrenching stars!

OMG, the feels! What a rollercoaster of emotions this book is! Heartbreaking, heartwrenching, raw and angsty, but what an amazing love story! Jay McLean has brought us back into the Preston clan with a wonderfully written coming-of-age book that kept me completely captivated, and I loved it!

This is, obviously, the story of Leo Preston. He’s the third eldest of the seven Preston kids, and he’s always been a bit different. He is very much part of his family, but unli

• The Wreckage of Us
  • Playing with Fire
  • The Wedding (Cruise Control #2)
  • Bayou Devils MC 1-4 (Bayou Devils MC, #1-4)
  • Ink (7th and Main, #1)
  • The Album (Cruise Control, #1)
  • Addicted to Love (Bayou Devils MC, #2)
  • It Ends Tonight (Bayou Devils MC #4)
  • Hopelessly Devoted (Bayou Devils MC, #1)
  • Every Breath You Take (Bayou Devils MC, #3)
  • Beach Haven (Carolina Coast, #1)
  • Over the Falls (Ryder Bay #1)
  • Prince of Hearts (Verona Legacy, #1)
  • Dazed (Deliverance Book #1)
  • Fallen (Blood & Roses, #4)
  • Deviant (Blood & Roses, #1)
  • Twisted (Blood & Roses, #5)
  • The Blood & Roses Series Box Set (Blood & Roses, #1-6)
Jay McLean is an international best-selling author and full-time reader, writer of New Adult and Young Adult romance, and skilled procrastinator. When she’s not doing any of those things, she can be found running after her three little boys, investing way too much time on True Crime Documentaries and binge-watching reality TV.
She writes what she loves to read, which are books that can make her lau

Preston Brothers (3 books)
  • Lucas (Preston Brothers, #1)
  • Logan (Preston Brothers, #2)