Start by marking “Summer at Serenity Bay” as Want to Read:
Summer at Serenity Bay

Summer at Serenity Bay

What happens when you send a group of celebrities to a tiny seaside village?

Advertising executive Chloe Walsh thought she was visiting her friend Roisin to get away from it all, but little does she know her kooky friend has a master plan to breathe some life into her sleepy seaside village through a new wellness retreat – and she needs Chloe’s skills.

So starts a community
Published July 14th 2020 by Ruby Fiction

To ask other readers questions about Summer at Serenity Bay, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Summer at Serenity Bay

Start your review of Summer at Serenity Bay
Brenda
When Chloe Walsh lost her job and her boyfriend in the same day, she left London and went to the seaside village of Kyrrby where her best friend Roisin lived with her grandmother at the family farm. Chloe needed some TLC before getting back into the land of living again. When Roisin confided her dream in Chloe, they decided to see if they could make that dream a reality. With their IT expert at their side, they named the farm Serenity Bay and set about turning it into a health retreat where natu ...more
Shalini
Aug 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Dreams were turned reality at Serenity Bay, and it was author Helen Bridgett who could pull this magic off by churning out a tale of friendship.

Chloe was all done in by life. She decided to move in with her best friend Roisin to Serenity Bay. When she got to know her friend’s dream, it took all their energy to convert it to reality. The girls wanted to turn the farm into a nature’s retreat. But then a group of celebrities descended on them to shoot their reality series. It was absolute chaos.

My
Karen Mace
Jul 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sign me up for the Serenity Bay Wellness Retreat!! I adored my time with these characters and in such a wonderful setting - and hands off Andy the surfer! He's mine!!

Chloe is the central character in this book and she's looking for a new outlook on life. She's fled London after problems with her job and her ex, and she finds herself back with her bestie, Roisin, in Northumberland. Far away from the hustle and bustle of city life that had been central to her working and personal life, so taking t
Els
Jul 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Make sure you have time once you start this book, because I for sure wanted to keep on reading like there was no tomorrow.

Grab yourself a cup of tea (or coffee) or a glass of wine (or soda), disconnect the doorbell and shut down your computer and phone and chillax.

Chloe and her friends will take you on a journey to Serenity Bay, show you how you can turn a old farm into a retreat with some TLC and bring new life to the little, cozy seaside village. Or at least that’s the plan, but there are alw
Isabelle D
This is a perfect summer read, set in the kind of beautiful place that makes you wish you could visit it for real. The best part is when a TV show is filmed there, as the celebrities taking part in it bring fun, trouble and twists, but before that I also enjoyed following Chloe the "city girl" as she helped her friend launching her wellness retreat (where the TV show is set later) and met everyone in the village (including Andy the "handsome local").
In addition to the entertainment of reading th
Frankie (Chicks, Rogues and Scandals)
How on earth have Helen Bridgett’s books passed me by for so long? This is definetly another time where I have been walking around with my eyes shut, now I have discovered this amazing authors book I fully intend to read as many as possible.
After fleeing London in heartbreak, Chloe heads to Northumberland to stay with her good friend; Roisin, where she fully intends to have a breather, take a break as she evaluates what she is to do next, and what better place to do this then in a quiet little v
Marsha Keeper Bookshelf
Reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

At a time, for many of us, when that Summer getaway vacation just isn’t a possibility right now – here’s a delightful escape that won’t endanger anything beyond your schedule as you get lost in the pages of ‘Summer at Serenity Bay‘.

Since her life wasn’t working quite as she expected, Chloe had no trouble at all in leaving the bright city lights behind to come to the aid of her friend in a quiet, seaside village where life certainly must be less hectic than she’s been
Joanne
Jul 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Summer at Serenity Bay – doesn’t it just sound wonderful? Well, having read the book, I can tell you that if Serenity Bay was real, I’d be there like a shot! Today, It’s publication day for the book and I’m sharing my review as well as a Q&A with the author.

Serenity Bay Wellness Spa is the Roisin’s dream business which she is just starting to make reality. In an attempt to boost awareness of the retreat, her advertising executive friend Chloe manages to get a television company to sign up to rec
Ruth
Jul 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
After losing her job for refusing to represent a client with his dubious plans, Chloe discovers her long term boyfriend has replaced her. Chloe flees London to stay with her old friend Roisin in a small seaside village in Northumberland, there she finds calmness in her surroundings and enjoys life life at a slower pace.

Roisin is struggling to establish a wellness retreat at her grandmother's farmhouse and Chloe, with her advertising expertise and contacts, jumps at the opportunity to promote th
Donna Morgan
Jul 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Advertising executive Chloe goes to stay with best friend Roisin & grandmother Heather after losing her job & boyfriend on the same day.
Roisin wants to turn part of the farmhouse into a Wellness Retreat & needs Chloe’s help to promote it.
Heather owns the farmhouse but her other grandchildren who live in Australia want to sell the house so that puts pressure on Roisin to make the wellness retreat a success.
Chloe meets Andy who runs the nearby surf shack. They clash at first but become good fri
Yvonne Greene
Jul 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
You won’t want to leave Serenity Bay - fabulous novel! Wonderful story set amidst the apparently gorgeous coast of Northumberland. Chloe appeared to have it all in the big city - great job and boyfriend. But when everything fell apart she went to stay with her best friend, Roisin. What was supposed to be a short holiday turned into hard work to start up her friend’s wellness retreat. Throw in a sexy surf teacher who is not what he seems, a bunch of celebrities (who are definitely not what they s ...more
Barbara
Jul 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. Right from the start it had me hooked. Chloe was the star from the opening pages. I really enjoyed her progress in getting her life back together after losing job and fella. De-camping to her friend Roisin's home proves both her escape and subsequent salvation. Reading how she helps Rousin and her grandmother get their Health Retreat up and running intrigued and entertained me. Her romance along the way added spice to the mix. A fun story with ups and downs, a light romance but ...more
Sirilee
Sep 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Fun reading. The main local characters remain little vague but the celebrities come alive and believable. The solution to securing the future of the new resort is somewhat too expected. Writing and dialogue is good.
I would give 4.5 stars if it would be possible. Nice to have books where the theme is not “returning to you old hometown, meeting the one who broke your heart or discovering startling old family secrets”.
A note to everybody who write reviews : a review is NOT a summary what happens in
Reconciliation
Jul 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Life is always a rollercoaster and often deals disappointments when you are on an up. Some people will buckle under the pressure and others will push on through, I believe the world needs more people who will do what is necessary to obtain their dreams and hold out to the very last gasp.

I love that this book chartered the ups and downs of the retreat, it’s clients, and the people running it as they run headlong into following their dreams. New friendships, new love, and health are all embedded
Gill
Jul 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Starting from her absolute lowest point, Chloe is a bright and spunky heroine, picking herself up and getting on with life. It covers all the currently popular bases – health retreats, celebrity ‘reality’ shows, social media divas etc, and the story is cleverly woven, in a professional style. I would quite like a visit here myself – the homemade bread is calling me! I can recommend it as a very pleasant reading interlude for anyone.
Isobel
Jul 14, 2020 added it
I was immediately attracted by the cover for this book, carefree cycling along the coast looked idyllic. However a lot of hard work is done before the characters in the story reach this point. Hard work is not enough, however to overcome all the difficulties. Roisin's family issues threaten the whole enterprise and then there are the celebrities-who bring their own problems. Reading this certainly sold the Northumberland coast to me, perhaps it will sell it to you too!
Megan Rose
Deanna
Sep 08, 2020

• Escape to the Art Cafe
  • A Summer to Remember in Herring Bay
  • Sunny Days at the Beach (Borteen Secrets #3)
  • Lily's Secret (Cornish Secrets #2)
  • New Beginnings at the Little House in the Sun
  • Little Village of Second Chances
  • Perfect Lie
  • Her Mother's Secret
  • Just Friends
  • A Wedding on the Riviera (Riviera #2)
  • Daisy's Summer Mission
  • Sight Unseen (A Sarah Sutherland Thriller, #1)
  • Her Sister's Secret: The Summer of '66
  • If I Ever Doubt You
  • It Started with a Giggle (Schubert #3)
  • Meet Me at the Art Cafe
  • Daniel's Daughter
  • Darkest Night (Gabriella Darin #2)
Helen has always loved books and always loved writing. One year she decided her New Year’s resolution would be “Write a novel to give as a Christmas present”. She spent the year writing and The Mercury Travel Club was born.

Helen hails from the North East When not writing, Helen can usually be found walking or drinking wine – not usually at the same time.

Like many people, Helen believes that the mu

News & Interviews