Start by marking “Empire of Ash (God of Secrets #1)” as Want to Read:
Empire of Ash (God of Secrets #1)

Empire of Ash

(God of Secrets #1)

Dangerous magic, a dark god, and ancient secrets.
Archaeologist Pellucid Rose discovers THE find of the century when an earthquake hits her Mycenae, Greece dig. But before she can claim it, a dark, dangerous, and very sexy stranger steps from a swirl of shadows claiming she’s loosed a sphinx on the world by translating an ancient secret on one of the scrolls.

What’s more, he
Published August 17th 2020 (first published May 26th 2020)

To ask other readers questions about Empire of Ash, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Empire of Ash

Start your review of Empire of Ash (God of Secrets #1)
Jacob Proffitt
Oct 21, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: unfinished
Okay, I'll admit this right up front. I was drawn in by this completely gorgeous cover and you can't make me regret that. I mean look at it! Yes, I am a sucker and now you know that, you can disregard everything I say . . . ever. If you like.

Sadly, the book didn't live up to the draw. I had two problems right from the start and they weren't getting any better so I stopped at chapter 10. First, Pell is a neurotic spaz. She's forever tripping, spilling, falling, or simply opening closets for every
Just Josie
Jun 05, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Doesn’t this just sound epic!!
AJ
Jun 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“He catches my gaze, and for a second, I think he might explain but, surprise, surprise, he schools his expression and asks, “Ready to tackle Zephyr?”

Nothing makes a book more enjoyable than humor (well other than good smut), and this book had plenty of humor. I found Pell’s inner thought to be funny, awkward and relatable.

The writing was easy, the world building was awesome and the plot was interesting. Mythology has always been something I’ve enjoyed!

Hapnoc and his secrets drove me crazy,
Claire Manuel
Jun 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received an advance copy of this book in exchange for my honest review

I loved this book, it’s a premise I’ve never read of before and I found it completely engaging.

The main character seems more human and normal than many female main characters and feels much more relatable as such.

The mixing of mythological stories along with a new realm had me reading even when I wasn’t meant to.

I’m now upset I have to wait for the next instalment, I hugely enjoyed this and would recommend.
Kassandra Blake
Aug 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
English review :

It was the Cover that caught my eye on Booksprout. She's really beautiful. The summary then convinced me to read the book. So I eagerly applied for the ARC.

I didn't wait long before I started reading. Just enough time to finish another book. I read it in three times because I have been disturbed a little too often. For my family, reading and writing a review means doing nothing ...

The universe is a mixture of mythologies, secrets and a good dose of mystery. It is very promising.
Cabiria Aquarius
Pellucid Rose loves history. Chases it around the world at archeological digs. She finds this hidden trove of things she maybe shouldn’t have found. But it takes her on an adventure of mythical creatures come to life and not to mention a sexy guy who pushes her buttons but also... she can’t help being attracted to? Knows nothing of her parents who left her on the doorstep of an orphanage. Who is she exactly? Well she’s one sassy lady that’s what.

Pell’s story is Intriguing. Her sass funny. Her h
Kaye
Aug 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
⚖️⚖️ONE THRILLING ADVENTURE⚖️⚖️
Hatching hades! Lee hit paydirt with all the charm, passion, finesse and unique insight, skipping the shenanigans, calming the chaos and roping the mayhem, sowing the seeds and watching them grow, wrapping this gem up sleek, shiny and tight. A raging tempest of suspicious events and dubious circumstances, observant of the staggering trials and arduous tribulations, marking the deadly twist and wicked turns, catapulting those swirling feelings into play front and ce
Rebecca Brown
Aug 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful start to a new series. I loved the Cover so I applied for a review copy.
It has so much excitement that it kept me drawn in. Loved reading this book...
Tarra Lyn | TLCBookNook
Empire of Ash is the first book in a new series by L.R.W. Lee and I knew I was going to love it before I even read it. The story follows an archeologist named Pellucid (Pell, for short) as she uncovers secrets hidden in her Mycenae, Greece dig. She meets a handsome stranger, who steps out of shadows, and wants to help her fix a few accidental mistakes she made since unearthing the secrets.

This book is nonstop action, adventure, and just so much fun to read. Lee has a way of writing that is effo
Mita_rose
Jul 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received an advanced readers copy in exchange for an honest review.

My rating: 4,5 stars
it took about 60 pages for me to get hooked!!!!!

So I started reading the book and I was a bit confused by what I was reading. All types of food falling and then after going it on it hit me. There was an earthquake.
So I really enjoyed the start of the book. Pell was quite funny and I like the archeology twist. And then MR. Duster came along. Well hello to you too :D

The story revolves around some secret magic
Victoria
Empire of Ash is the first book I read by the author and while the plot sounded great, I, unfortunately, didn't like the book :(

Worldbuilding was good, scenes and environments were clear and detailed. As a fan of archaeology (and mythology), it was fun to read about the sites they explored, not to mention the mythological beings/people they encountered.

Character development was decent. We walked alongside Pell (short for Pellucid), an archaeologist, as she tries to undo the mess she caused by re
Katheyer
Jun 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
„Empire of Ash“ marks the start of a new Series (“God of Secrets”) by L.R.W. Lee with Pellucid Rose (Pell for short) as MC, an archeologist, who while digging in Mycenae unexpectedly, and with the “help” of an earthquake, comes across the FIND of her career, a scroll cache, mind it…. an Egyptian scrolls cache…. in Greece! Unable to wait… curiosity gets the best of her 😊, she reads one of the scrolls… aloud… sounds like a riddle… but before she can even secure the rest of the dig, a strange comes ...more
CM
Aug 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pellucid Rose is a young archaeologist on an excavating trip in Greece. She uncovers a chamber full of scrolls that are meant to remain secret, unknowingly awakening a dangerous, mythical creature...

Harpoc checks off all the Perfect Male Hero boxes: he's frustratingly illusive, protective of Pell, charming, full of secrets... and he has wings. Sigh.

When Harpoc meets Pellucid for the first time, he *recognizes* her, and Lee pulls you in like that - you never see it coming.

We find out almost immed
Mellow
Jun 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love , love , love !!😍😍

What’s more to say ? 😍I loved the storyline . The story were beautifully written😍 5 stars !

Enjoy the ride and read it . 🥰❤️
Cath
Aug 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is book one of the God of Secrets series and the main character is archaeologist Pellucid (Pell) Rose, who is working on a dig in Greece, with a group of male colleagues and has to work hard to keep her place amongst some of them and their attitudes towards women. Only another couple of years doing digs and then she should be able to get a job as a curator at any museum she wants. If only she didn’t have to put up with characters like Irik, it would be great. It’s like being back at the gro ...more
Debbie Turk
May 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Sexy Secret Keeper & A Snarky Archaeologist Team Up!!😍🔥🙊👷🔦📃
A Fabulous 4.5 Star Read 🌟
Empire of Ash (God of Secrets #1)

Pellucid Rose was left on the steps of a children's home as a baby.💔 She's battled bullying, disappointment & injustice throughout her life.😟 Thankfully she's a tough cookie that always had an idea of what she wanted to achieve, so has worked hard to attain her goal of becoming an Archaeologist hoping to then become a Museum Curator.👍

After an earthquake disturbs a wall in an un
Jenni
Jul 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Laura Thalassa and Sarah J. Maas are two of my all time fave authors, so I knew I was going to love this one before I had read a single line! Right from the start I fell in love with Pell, she is so brave but also vulnerable. Pell is clumsy and clever and snarky and shy. I love the banter between her and the sexy stranger who appears in her life and turns everything upside down. Empire of Ash is slow burn and I loved it - the relationship between Pell and the stranger (I am trying hard not to gi ...more
Hayley Knowles
Thank you to the author for providing me with an E-copy for an honest review.

One of the main reasons I requested this book was because I love archaeology and ancient history etc.

Although *extremely* YA - this book held my attention.

The characters were likeable and I enjoyed the story as a whole.

What is it about girls who fall for guys in leather jackets? The jacket alone would make me run for the hills. And, in typical YA fashion the MC is more fixated on how hot her potential attacker is rathe
Misty Mcnelley
Jun 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Natalia Navarro
Aug 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gold eye, silver eye 💕
Amazing, well written, easy to read first book in the series, full of action, magic, romance and awesome MC, with a fantastic plot and great world building 🤩
Pell is an Archaeologist, who happens to discover "the find" of the century and the sudden appearance of a hot, sexy stranger, turns her world upside down, making her live the best adventure of her life 🤯😲🏃‍♂️🏃‍♀️🕵️‍♂️🕵️‍♀️
Chasing mythological beings across beautiful and ancient archaeological places, her trust and feel
Scarolet Ellis
Jun 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Empire of Ash: A Passionate Paranormal Romance with Young Adult Appeal (God of Secrets Book 1) by L. R. W. Lee is a awesome story that I have read. This is book number one in this awesome start to a brand new series written by a brand new author for me to read and I can not wait to read the next book in this awesome series. I highly recommend this story to everyone who loves reading about paranormal stories.

I received a free advance reader copy of this book in exchange for an honest & unbiased r
Buffy
Jun 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've always been fascinated by ancient Egypt. In "Empire of Ash," you're transported with Pell into archeological finds and get to take a peek inside the excavations to see what mysteries lie within. Pell has a curious but determined personality and I felt she is easy to understand. Harpoc on the other hand is evasive yet protective. Charming yet complicated, and "really, really ridiculously good looking."*
With Pell, what you see is what you get...or is it?
I look forward to finding out in the ne
Carol.
May 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. The humour is spread well throughout it’s pages, the characters are well sketched out and very believable. This is a wonderful book for anyone who enjoys exploring ancient mythology.

From the horrible begins she endured, Pell (Pellucid), with determination has become the co-supervisor on an archeological dig in Greece where she stumbles across ancient scrolls, meets the man whose eyes she has long dreamed of, and brings the Sphinx at the Louvre back to life. So be
Karen
Aug 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This excellent storyline is the start of a new series and impresses. There is a strong, yet vulnerable heroine who with the help of Mother Nature uncovers a marvelous archeological find. This book has a fast-pace, humor, magic, mystery, myth, and twists. I liked this read.

Debbie Shropshire
Like all her books this one definitely did not disappoint. The story line was captivating. The struggles Pell experiences as an archeologist is stunning yet doesnt stop her, making her fight harder. The intense attraction with the mysterious savior is exciting. The adventures they experience trying to fix what has been done is riveting. I have been suffering an extremely painful headache for weeks and I still couldn't put this one down. I felt like something was missing when it ended. Thank good ...more
Georgia Tumbleweed McNabb
I have Never read or listened to this author before, got the book on Audible and listened to it there. Narrator was Excellent and brought the storyline to life. I found this Author's sense of humor so good, just a hoot!! The inner monologue Pell has throughout the book made me laugh more times then I can say. Pell the Main Character is quite a Character and she has the same deep streak of Curiositie as myself which just made me laugh all the more.
Highly recommended this Story and really want to
Haley Mann
May 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great read. Pell is a well written character that I fell in love with instantly. She handles herself no matter what happens and even when she is afraid. It is a good mix of mythology with a twist. I can't wait for the next book! ...more
Soraya Himpe
Jun 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was thrilling, captivating and interesting. It keeps you captivated and wanting more every time. You never have time to drop the book down. The writing was easy and out going. The concept is really original and the way it has been executed is truly amazing. I really enjoyed reading it. It’s a great book for mythology and romance lovers.
Shannon
Jun 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great start to a new series. It skillfully blends myths with a modern world and has enough action to keep you interested until the end. The main character is strong and won't let anything hold her back for long and I love her interactions with the other characters. ...more
Nance
Sep 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pell is an archaeologist, who discovers the find of the century and unknowingly releases mythological beings. A mysterious man appears and informs her of what she has released and that he needs her help to take care of them.
This is an amazing, well written first book in this new series by L.R.W. Lee.
Empire of Ash is the first book that I’ve read by this author and I absolutely loved it!
« previous 1 3 next »

• Kiss the Fae (Vicious Faeries, #1)
  • 99 Percent Mine
  • Shattered Expectations (Forgotten Legacy, #2)
  • Tempting Hades (Myths and Monsters, #1)
  • Finale (Caraval, #3)
  • Desolation (Darkness Rising, #1)
  • Cure the Enemy (A Steampunk Novella)
  • Changes (Destine Academy, #5)
  • Prophecy (Destine Academy, #4)
  • Magic in Light (Supernatural Community #1)
  • Apollo (Contemporary Mythos, #2)
  • Witching For Hope (Premonition Pointe, #2)
  • Bear Next Door (Midlife Shifters, #1)
  • Mr. Perfectly Wrong (Alphalicious Billionaires Boss Book 5)
  • The Fallen (Hades Castle Trilogy, #1)
  • Guessing at Normal: A Rockstar Romance
  • The Savage God (The Ares Trials, #2)
  • Arrested
USA Today Bestselling author of epic fantasy, coffee aficionado, and Hawaiian sunset lover who freaks out over cockroaches (they fly!).

L. R. W. Lee lives in scenic Austin, TX with her husband.

Website: http://www.lrwlee.com
FaceBook: https://www.facebook.com/lrwlee/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lrwlee/

God of Secrets (2 books)
  • Empire of Secrets (God of Secrets #2)

News & Interviews