Start by marking “Shadow of the Locked” as Want to Read:
Shadow of the Locked

Shadow of the Locked

(Resurrecting Magic #3)

The last place any of us expected the newest mage to come from was the past and a book. But Olin’s arrival has brought answers. He knows why some mages can do magic and why some cannot. We all came to Europe to get answers about magic and our history, and that’s exactly what we’re getting, in the most unexpected ways.

While we scour Germany, France, Scotland, and other coun
Published August 18th 2020 by Keary Taylor

To ask other readers questions about Shadow of the Locked, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shadow of the Locked

Start your review of Shadow of the Locked
Sheena
Aug 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
SUZAN C.
Aug 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shadow of the Locked is book 3 in the Resurrecting Magic series by author Keary Taylor. I've been reading Keary's books for many years now and have watched her grown in her writing skills and talents. Resurrecting Magic is a new series by Keary and it's a fast-paced tale of new magic, old magic, and forbidden magic.

Shadow of the Locked takes place immediately after book 2, and the characters from the first book has taken on a couple of new friends. As the group of mages try to find others like t
Naurarwen
Aug 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book two left us with such a cliffhanger ending that I couldn't wait to read book three and I definitely wasn't disappointed. Throughout the story the new character that joined Margot's motley crew of mages I believed to have ill intentions, but they certainly didn't turn out to be who I thought they were. It's a rollercoaster ride for Margot as she searches for more answers with her friends in Scotland, tensions are high between Borden and Nathanial and Margot wants to calm the storm but she is ...more
Krystal Fredrick
This series just keeps heating up. Overall I feel that the series it's somewhat fast paced. But not overly so where it loses quality in the story. Margot and Nathaniel continue their Journe learning and re-discovering Magic. They took their exploration overseas and came back with the fruits of their discovery. Upon arrival back home Margot's Vision started to take shape of having a school for Mages.
Then in twist a someone was not who they said they are. Pieces started to fall into place and big
Penny
Aug 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have said before, and it’s quite true, I am not a huge fan of YA/NA anymore because when the characters act their age, it reminds me too much of my own teens. LOL! Well, this author is so good with YA characters, that doesn’t bother me. This latest in the Resurrecting Magic series starts exactly where the last one ends, and this one takes them on the hunt for more books about magic. Along the way, relationships are mended, broken, and unexpectedly made. I can’t say too much as I don’t want to ...more
Lisa
Sep 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
we are really getting into the thick of the story with this new edition from this amazing author.
I felt that this book was fast paced, but just enough for me to settle into it and not feel rushed with the story.
We discover a villian, but we are almost led there by the hand. All the characters don't notice the ill intentions as they arw so busy hunting down magic that it's almost too late.
I was left actually gasping at the last sentence of the book, and CANNOT WAIT for the next. Please don't t
JanaLee Longhurst
Keary Taylor has a magical way of ending a book with a cliffhanger that doesn't make me roll my eyes with the turn of the last page. Instead, she leaves me perched on the cliffside, eagerly awaiting the next book, and she's done it again. Her Resurrecting Magic series is the fun and imaginative escape I've needed through this crazy year. Magical libraries, abandoned mansions, and Scottish mage wannabes are just the ticket. Now I'll anxiously perch on the cliffside in anticipation of the fourth a ...more
Brooke
Aug 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
OMG! What a roller-coaster ride! I was taken on a journey through Europe and back as this story continues, I was transported to a whole other world as Margot and Borden continue their search for more books and magical items. I don't want to give anything away... MAN!! What a cliffhanger!!!
Keary really has a way of pulling me right into the story with the characters I feel like I am in the midst of everything that is happening. I can't wait for the conclusion of this series.
Gigi
Aug 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow this series is getting better and better. This one starts right where book 2 ended. I absolutely love Nathanial and Margot, they are perfect for each other. Borden at the beginning still had me questioning his loyalty. Margot and Borden are in search of more books, and what a journey. I don’t want to spoil this story. Trust me you will love and enjoy reading it. Though it does leave you hanging once again. But it was worth it. Thank you Keary for another amazing story!!
Cj
Aug 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This next installment of Resurrecting Magic did not disappoint. I love how this tiny group of four Mages are expanding. When Nathaniel, Borden, Mary-Beth and Margot journey to Scotland to find more information about their ancestors and to find more books about magic they get more than they bargained for. Their plan to launch a school to teach magic is coming along famously. I was pleasantly surprised at how this book ended. I cannot wait to see how it all gets tied together.
Claire Semonin
I really enjoyed this and I am really looking forward to book 4. I felt the travel around Europe could have been more fleshed out. I kinda guessed the main twist right at the start but other than that, it was really good and there was a surprise twist that left alot of questions and I am excited to find out the answers in Academy of the found, book 4. It was a well written stiry and the main characters well thought out :)
cassi parker
Aug 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A-frickin-mazing!

Honestly, I don’t know why I keep being so amazed and stunned when her books are amazing. Buy this, while you’re at it go buy every book she’s ever written. Make sure you go in order for the ones that are series. You won’t be disappointed. I’ve read 20+ books by Keary Taylor and everyone my single one leaves me begging for more. Might even go re-read them all myself. So good. I’d give her 30 stars if I could. Seriously.
Angelina
Aug 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was just amazing! So many questions were answered and I loved how it ended. I love how the characters grew and developed over the book. If you love books about magic, this is the series to read.
Emma
Aug 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh oh oh !!!! I'm left wanting so much more from the gang jeez I love the commadrie and the love this little disfunctional family brings the fun laughter the ups and downs and that ending I won't spoil it but I am wanting more !!! Love these series ! ...more
Myla Aguilar
Feb 16, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Amazing

This is the best of the series that I have read thus far with more action and magic, more definition, more in depth characters. Truly like this book.
Kathy
Aug 31, 2020
Joyce McCollum
Oct 11, 2020
Amy
rated it did not like it
Apr 07, 2021
Ralph Hutchins III
is currently reading it
Aug 26, 2020

• Our Last Confession
  • High Fae Academy: Year Three (High Fae Academy, #3)
  • High Fae Academy: Year Two (High Fae Academy, #2)
  • High Fae Academy - Year One (High Fae Academy, #1)
  • The Fairhaven Chronicles Boxed Set: The Complete Series: Glow, Shimmer, Ember, Nightfall
  • Darklight (Darklight #1)
  • The Mortal Blade (Magelands Eternal Siege, #1)
  • The Dragon's Blade (Magelands Eternal Siege, #2)
  • The Final Redemption (Mageborn, #5)
  • The Prince's Blade (Magelands Eternal Siege, #3)
  • Witch Of The Federation II (Federal Histories, #2)
  • Prototype Exodus (Prototype D #2)
  • Revelation (Legend of the Arch Magus, #7)
  • The Time Bubble (The Time Bubble #1)
  • The Proposal (The Dark Wedding Duet, #1)
  • The God-Stone War (Mageborn, #4)
  • Demigods Academy - Book 5 (Season Two): The Cave Of Memory
  • Early Years (The Beginning After The End, #1)
Keary Taylor is the USA TODAY bestselling author of over twenty novels. She grew up along the foothills of the Rocky Mountains where she started creating imaginary worlds and daring characters who always fell in love. She now splits her time between a tiny island in the Pacific Northwest and Utah, with her husband and their two children. She continues to have an overactive imagination that frequen ...more

Resurrecting Magic (4 books)
  • Rise of the Mage (Resurrecting Magic #1)
  • Keeper of the Lost (Resurrecting Magic #2)
  • Academy of the Found (Resurrecting Magic #4)

News & Interviews