Start by marking “The Bonds We Break (The Four, #5)” as Want to Read:
The Bonds We Break (The Four, #5)

The Bonds We Break

(The Four #5)

Fear. Desire. Redemption.

When I was taken...it changed me.
Once, I was the life of the party.
Not anymore.
I told myself that I was okay. I almost believed it, until the day I was forced to face my past and my nightmare came to life.
Now the Four are the only ones I can turn to, and Cassius Drummond has made it his personal mission to help me out.
No matter how much I tell
Published August 27th 2021

Start your review of The Bonds We Break (The Four, #5)
Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
Cassius Drummond!

The following ratings are out of 5:
Romance: 🖤💜🤎💚💙
Heat/Steam: 🔥🔥🔥🔥
Story/Plot: 📙📕📗
World building: 🌎🌏🌍🌎
Character development: 🤬🤯☺️😲

The heroine: Jessa - In previous books she was the Queen B at Alstone High School and Alstone College. Only ever worried about keeping her status and having everyone want to be her. Until Caiden fell in love with Winter and used her to make Winter Jealous. Jessa wasn’t very nice to Winter, but Caiden did use her and because of that his Stepmother had he
ellie
the way i fell in love with Jessa de Witt🥺

the fallen queen bee... the way my heart hurt for her. i am not even kidding that i teared up a few times at her devastation, loneliness and sadness. she truly had no one in her corner and it made me really resent some of the characters id previously come to love.

i mean, everyone was so mean to her, like fuck off. yeahhhh, she was mean in the previous books but not like y’all were saints either🤷🏻‍♀️ and she’d been through so much trauma— getting dragged
⭐Toonasa⭐ •Romance Book Lovers' Haven•
Cass & Jessa...A story I was so excited for & was WORTH the wait!

A Thrilling & Sexy, Frenemies-To-Lovers College-Aged Romantic Suspense with Heated times, Beautiful Friendship, Good change, Fun Banters, Trauma & Moving forward, Spying & Action, Fling to Forever, Swoons, Love, Heartfelt & HEA.
It was a pleasant surprise that Becca matched Cass with Jessa. I love Cass from the start of series & here, came to love Jessa too! DEVOURED this book in 5hrs.

NOTE: This is a Standalone, but It's BEST READ i
M
4.5 stars!

It was SO nice to be back with The Four again! I've missed this group of friends so much.
There is something very special about their friendship. They are brothers and fiercely protective of the ones they love. If you're in their tight group, consider yourself a friend for life.
Get on their bad side and they will rain down hell on you.

Cassius was everything! I adored getting to know him in the first 3 books. He is the fun playboy. Always smiling and making things light when they are
Kate V
Aug 23, 2021 added it
Shelves: dnf
DNF

I won't rate this because this is a 'it's me, not the book' situation. I wanted way more for Cassius and a completely different heroine. I really hated Jessa in the previous books. So going to have to shelve this one.
Lammie
Apr 12, 2022 rated it it was amazing
4.5⭐️.

Can’t believe I left this sitting in my kindle for so long.

I loved being back in this world with these characters. Cassius is sweet and hot and Jessa turned herself around and found forgiveness and acceptance.

The opening and closing blowjob remark … well damn 😆😆😆

Can’t wait to get my hands on the books for Zayde, Creed, and Austin 🤗
NiCoLeTa E. {Addicted To Books}
***5 "Sex Voodoo!!!" stars***

NOW AVAILABLE!

"All the best love stories start with an epic bl*wj*b..." (LOL)

Who would have thought that Cassius Drummond, the crazy manwhore and dedicated player, would fall and how deeply will fall!!!!
But the real surprise in here is for which girl Cassius had fallen!!!
For the bitch herself!!!! Jessa De Witt!!! One of the villains in Winter and Cade's story!!!
Wow!!! Just wow!!! Becca did the unthinkable and look how perfect it turned out!!!
This couple was s
C. Lymari
Aug 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I fucking loved Jess and Cass! I am a fan of the bad girl redeeming herself, and I think we can all agree she did. Jessa was strong, but she found real friends to help her on her healing journey, and I think that's what I loved about this book. The way Cass was there for her. How they both slowly started to fall for each other, was beautiful. The swoon, and the sexy times **chef's kiss** Is there anything Becca can't write? ...more
Ana Flavia
Jul 25, 2021 rated it it was ok
I don't even know where to start criticizing this book.... I already read it knowing that it wouldn't be a read that I would enjoy so much, but I also didn't think it would be THAT bad.

This book is poorly constructed, the scenes are short with no development at all, and no explanation at all, there is a scene that could have been deepened and what did Becca do? She let it go. The characters are also poorly built, I didn't feel a connection with jessa much less with cassius which was the worst th
jess
Aug 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing
*ARC provided for an honest review*

The Bonds We Break is Cassius story and I’ve been anticipating it since his character was first introduced!!
Cassius was honestly such a memorable and intriguing side character in the previous books of the series so finally having his pov was exciting to read and dive into.

Cassius and Jessa have a strong bond that developed so well along the story. Her character really intrigued me because of certain actions that were taken in the previous books but I’m so prou
SCBookAddict
Aug 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Becca Steele did what most authors don't even think about doing in The Bonds We Break. She made the villain REDEEMABLE!

I'm pretty sure none of us were thinking, "I sure do hope Jessa gets a happy ending," after reading Caiden and Winter’s story. I'm also pretty sure most of us were doubting this story when Becca Steele revealed she was pairing Jessa with CASSIUS! But guess what! Becca made it work!

See, in order for Jessa to be redeemable, she had to fall off her high horse and she did so by gett
Bethany (Bee_TheBibliophile)
I’ve loved Cassius since the first book in this series and I couldn’t wait until we got his story. The Bonds We Break is the fifth book in the series and it picks up not long after the end of The Fight In Us. I really love the dynamics of The Four, so I was excited to dive back into their world.

Cassius Drummond is the jokester in The Four, always looking for ways to have fun, flirt or lighten the mood. I’m really glad that all of that comes through in this book and so much more - we get to see
Lager Lefse Book Blog

Becca Steele has done it again. The Four, along with their significant others, made this book. A part of that group is Cassius and Jessa. Their storyline is emotional, temperamental, loving, and downright steamy, so don’t forget your fan! The Bonds We Break is full of everything. Mystery, intrigue, fear, anxiety, tenuous love to unbreakable bonds. A five-star read!!

As much as we know that Cass is the true lead in this book, I believe we need to take a step back and look at Jessa. If you have rea

Siobhan (Bookish Vibes)
Aug 23, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: na-romance
The Bonds We Break is book 5 in The Four series and was completely addictive with all of it's steamy romance, drama and humour. It was great to be back in the land of The Four, even if I did devour the book in one sitting!

Ahh Cassius, I knew I was going to love him 🥰 Him and Zayde have been my favourite characters throughout the series so I was excited to get his story! I was kind of hoping he would have some darkness hiding behind his happy, jokester facade but he is legit just a nice guy 🤣 Wh
queen_of_the_books_18
Aug 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Falling for him was the worst thing I can do.

If you love frenemies to lovers, college romances with some suspense then this is the book for you.

It’s book 5 in the Four series and can be read as a standalone but will be enjoyed better if you read the previous books first.

Cassius Drummond, what can I say. This guy has been a secret favourite (calm down Z, you are still my number 1) drawing me in with his witty banter and hilarious antics. We all know though, the guy that uses humour to cover up
Van nee
This story focuses on one of the Four, Cassius and his casual hookup, Jessa and how it eventually morphs into a relationship. I was concerned that Jessa's role as the OW in Caiden and Winter's story would taint my enjoyment of this story at first. However, since it's been a while since I've read the first 3 books, this wasn't a big problem although the events surrounding Jessa's role as the OW are revisited a few times. However, Jessa's problems slowly take center stage and her relationship with ...more
Mandy’s Book Reviews
Aug 31, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This book was sooo good I loved being back with the Four the banter the friendships this crew is just everything and Cassius is so freaking sexy I love his heart he truly cares for other people and the sex in this book is so damn good I think this might be Becca’s steamiest book to date ! Also I didn’t think it was possible for me to even like Jessa but by the middle of this book I absolutely loved her my heart hurt for her I felt her pain her loneliness her just wanting to fit in and be accepte ...more
ReadingInPyjamas
Aug 27, 2021 rated it really liked it
Cassius is my second favourite character from this series and I desperately needed a book for him. It's fair to say Becca Steele did not disappoint. She delivered an awesome story that kept me reading way past my bedtime. It was steamy, suspenseful, heart-gripping, and entertaining. I had my doubts in the beginning, that Jessa would be a suitable match for Cassius, but the chemistry was there and she changed so much, and they just clicked in the end. Told in dual POV, the story is fast-paced, bu ...more
Samantha
Aug 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Ugh CASSIUS MF DRUMMOND. So I knew going in I would love this man and this book. The first line was a great intro into exactly who Cassius is 😂. He was always my favorite (I got a thing for the funny but possessive alpha males) and this one DID NOT disappoint.

My heart went through all the emotions for Jessa. Originally I HATED her in the first couple of books because of how she treated Winter but after all the crap that took place your heart couldn’t help but feel some sort of sympathy for her.

C
SP
Aug 28, 2021 rated it it was ok
I was the most excited for Cassius’ book. I had such high hopes for this one and they kind of fell flat. I decided I was going to go into this one with an open mind, and I really tried. I was actually pleasantly surprised by Jessa, I liked getting to know her more and see her grow.

My issues were I wasn’t really captivated by this story. The connection between these characters felt rushed. I wish I would have seen more of the actual relationship grow.
A few of the elements of the story rubbed me t
The Smutbrarians
Aug 29, 2021 rated it really liked it
Feels 3
Steam 4
Storyline 3.5
Overall Rating 4
Kindle eArc provided by Author
Reviewed by Stephanie

Our favorite Four are back and this time it’s all about Cassius and Jessa. Thankfully we still get plenty of all our other favs in this book. I love Cass and have been waiting for his story. I knew there was something special about the ladies man and his signature sexy smirk. And we all remember Jessa DeWitt...the girl you couldn’t help but love to hate. I will admit I was a bit skeptical when I found o
Maddie (Bookaholic_Dreamer)
If you’re looking for a story that has Drama, Suspense, Mystery, Angst and a whole lot of tension with some comedic moments thrown in, whilst taking you through a maze filled with twists and turn. Then look no further because Becca Steele brought it all when it came to Cassius and Jessa’s story in The Bonds We Break. At every corner, with every page turn something was always happening. Taking a hold of you until the very end. Plus with all the Sizzling Sexy steam added on top of the already cr ...more
RomanceBookObsessedGirl
Aug 29, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I thought I couldn’t love Cassius Drummond any more than I already did, but boy how wrong was I! I have fell even more in love with him after reading his amazing story. He is just amazing inside and out and makes me laugh my arse off every time. If you know me by now, I alway go for the ones with a good sense of humour, the cocky playboy. Cass is my top book boyfriend by far 🥰

“𝐈𝐭’𝐬 𝐚 𝐟𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐬𝐲, 𝐚𝐥𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭.” 𝐀 𝐠𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐦 𝐜𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐬. “𝐇𝐞𝐲, 𝐥𝐞𝐭’𝐬 𝐠𝐨 𝐮𝐩𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐫𝐞-𝐞𝐧𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞—𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐢𝐚𝐧
Laura Horne
Aug 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing
When I say that this book consumed me today I’m not exaggerating.. it turned up on my kindle at around 6am and I’ve finished it already, I just could not put it down. I have been sooooo excited and (im)patiently waiting for Cassius and Becca completely nailed it. The Four is obviously one of my favourite book series (hello tattoo 👀) and I could not wait to dive back in to the world of Alstone.

It was full of the humour and wit you expect from Cassius but we saw a different side to our lovable bo
Emma
Aug 16, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
3.5

"You're Cassius Drummond."
"I am. How did you know?"
"Your reputation precedes you."

I've been in love with Cassius since his first appearance in the series, he was always my favorite and I am so pleased to say I love him even more after his book. I think he was the best part of the story, his personality and humor are so charming I could read him all day.

About our heroine...I liked Jessa, she's very different from the first books and shows good development. She and Cassius make a power duo wi
Sierra
Aug 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing
The Bonds We Break is book 5 in The Four series and is a standalone, but I highly recommend reading in order for the best reading experience.

I was not prepared for this book. When I heard that Jessa was going to be the heroine after all the shit that she had put the four through in the previous ones, I was so excited to see where Becca would take this.

This book pulled at every single emotion. You would be laughing your head off at Cass's hilarity and the next your heartstrings are being pulled
Katslovesbooks
Aug 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing

In true Becca Steele fashion, she writes the most perfect story with the most sexy hero and heroine who will make you fall in love with the story and make you wish for more.

This book had me hooked from page one and Cass has become my number one (sorry Caiden).

This story has a little bit of everything. Friendship, action, steam, suspense, angst, some very entertaining moments and a love story that honestly left me wanting more and more.

The love choice for Cassius interest took me by surprise, an
Felicia
Jan 13, 2022 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Bonds We Break by Becca Steele is a mature new adult romance that I listened to on audio narrated by Kelli Tager and Gregory Salinas.

This is the fifth book in The Four Series and can be read as a standalone. However, I would recommend reading the previous books since the stories are interconnected.

I absolutely love Becca’s books! I was hooked from the very beginning and couldn't wait to see what was going to happen next. I loved the relationship that bloomed between Cassius and Jessa. Thei
Sophie Ruthven
Aug 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This book pleasantly surprised me. So although it didn't captivate me as much as the others, it deserves all the stars because of how the author masterfully changed my opinion about a certain character.
I'm not going to go into details or name names since the blurb left it out (if you like spoilers other reviews have the name), but I will say that this was a brilliant redemption story in more ways than one, and I love how all of then grew in this book.
Definitely a good addition to the series.
Jenny The Spine Is Stitched
Sep 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Not going to lie when I saw who Cassius’s heroine was going to be I didn’t know if I wanted to read it.

You meet the heroine Jessa in the previous books where she wasn’t the nicest to put it in a nice way.

But! I decided to go against what I wanted and still read it. While It took me a minute by the end you could see Cassius and Jessa were made for each other. Becca once again blew it out of the water with this book.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Hex Factor (The Paranormals #1)
  • Mr. Silver (Kings of Cypress Pointe, #5)
  • The Retaliation You Deliver (Maddison Kings University Book 7)
  • The Devastation You Reap (Maddison Kings University, #6)
  • Pretty Boy D (Kings of Cypress Pointe, #1)
  • Wicked Dark Heathens (Sick Boys, #4)
  • Fallen (Fallen, #1)
  • Fake It 'Til You Break It
  • The Destruction You Desire (Maddison Kings University, #5)
  • Steel Princess (Royal Elite, #2)
  • Twisted Kingdom (Royal Elite, #3)
  • Deviant King (Royal Elite, #1)
  • Deviant Reign (Knight's Ridge Empire, #6)
  • Game On (The Ballers of Rockport High, #1)
  • Savage Royals (Boys of Oak Park Prep, #1)
  • Reign (The Sainthood - Boys of Lowell High, #3)
  • Resurrection (The Sainthood - Boys of Lowell High, #1)
  • Rebellion (The Sainthood - Boys of Lowell High, #2)
See top shelves…
Becca Steele is a USA Today and Wall Street Journal bestselling romance author. She currently lives in the south of England with a whole horde of characters that reside inside her head.

When she’s not writing, you can usually find her reading or watching Netflix. Failing that, she’ll be online hunting for memes, or wasting time making her 500th Spotify playlist.

Stalker links

The Four (5 books)
  • The Lies We Tell (The Four, #1)
  • The Secrets We Hide (The Four, #2)
  • The Havoc We Wreak (The Four, #3)
  • The Fight In Us (The Four, #4)