Start by marking “The Zodiac Trials (The Star Sign Trilogy Book One)” as Want to Read:
The Zodiac Trials (The Star Sign Trilogy Book One)

The Zodiac Trials

(The Star Sign Trilogy #1)

For as long as anyone could remember, there have only been twelve Zodiac Signs. Gifted by the stars with two abilities each, the twelve signs had maintained balance in their world for centuries. Now, a thirteenth sign threatens to upend the balance…

Talah grew up hearing about her ancestral homeland called the Galaxy. Hidden away on Earth from the world her parents had esca
Published July 24th 2020 by Michele Khalil

To ask other readers questions about The Zodiac Trials, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Zodiac Trials

Start your review of The Zodiac Trials (The Star Sign Trilogy Book One)
Amber Dawn
Aug 06, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The world building in The Zodiac Trials is extraordinary. It is so easy to visualize the Galaxy and everything that is happening. Talah grows so much from a girl just wanting to be among her people and still keep the life she has always known, to a rebel who has no idea what she is capable of. Mazin and Faris both break my heart with how their characters change. It's a wild ride and I never saw the way that it ended. I can not wait for book two. ...more
Rila
Jul 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
I loved reading this book. I remember reading it without sleeping and wanting and waiting to know what happens next. The story was moving naturally without any force put into it. The characters were realistic and relatable. There were some places in the book which I personally thought could be written differently but I loved it anyways. This book has Zodiac signs and will mildly remind you of Maze Runner, Harry Potter and Hunger Games. If you loved them all, please pick this book up soon!
Moriah
Jun 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book came in clutch in the midst of a pandemic. The release in August will be one of the best things to happen in 2020! Immersing myself into the Zodiac Trials was a much needed escape into the Galaxy. I can’t wait until the second book to find out what happens next!
Shaziya Sharif Sayed
We all know about Zodiac Signs, don’t we? We even love to see those daily zodiac predictions that come in newspapers or social media. What if your Zodiac sign is not just a namesake sign but it gives you magical abilities?

Something like this happens in the world that our author Michele has created. In her world, people born under various Zodiac signs have different kind of magical abilities. 12 signs and 12 different abilities. 12 signs divided in 4 different elements-Earth, Water, Air and Fire.
Riella Cristobal
Aug 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
In a world where the twelve Zodiac signs are gifted with two abilities by the stars, something new is emerging upsetting the balance and traditions of the world. Talah has been dreaming of returning to her home, the Galaxy for years. Waiting and training on Earth, she eagerly dives into her opportunity to prove herself and find her place. But aside from the dangers of the Trials’ competition, there are dangers and secrets behind the wealth and power hidden by history. Firas has spent his entire ...more
Stacy_reviews_books
Aug 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
*I was sent this book in exchange for a review in a book tour*

Overall Rating: 3.5/5✨
This book is for the younger side of YA. There is little to no language, no gore, and little to no sexual themes.
TW: Sexual Assault

World Building: 5/5
This book had such a great basis and I loved how the author described everything. The buildings and cultures were all based on the Middle East. I wish others authors would take note of this world building.

Powers: 3/5
I got lost at the very beginning. The Signs each
Rose (Adventurous Bookworm)
Aug 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: clean, ya, fantasy
Let me start off by saying that I literally did not know what the Zodiac was when I started this book. I am glad that it did not hinder my understanding of this story at all.
The worldbuilding was some of the best I have ever seen. The city seemed to alive on the pages. I loved all the descritptions of the architecture and culture. *heavenly*
The characters were great and I want more of them! I am really wondering how the trilogy is going to play out in the coming books.
This was a fairly clean rea
Mezka
Jan 06, 2021 rated it really liked it
Afreen
Jul 02, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Etta
Feb 28, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: booksprout
Most people are familiar with the twelve signs of the Zodiac. This story takes this premise and builds a universe around it complete with magic. The world-building in this story is amazing and you feel you are right there in the middle of each setting. This is a series that has a lot of potentials, but it is one where you would need to read the next in order to fully enjoy as the story does not wrap up entirely at the end of this one.

The twelve Zodiac signs are differentiated by the types of ele
Bonnie
Aug 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
𝓑𝓸𝓸𝓴 𝓡𝓮𝓿𝓲𝓮𝔀: 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚉𝚘𝚍𝚒𝚊𝚌 𝚃𝚛𝚒𝚊𝚕𝚜 𝚋𝚢 𝙼𝚒𝚌𝚑𝚎𝚕𝚎 𝙺𝚑𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚕 {𝔹𝕠𝕠𝕜 #𝟙}
“𝑇ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑖𝑠𝑛'𝑡 𝑎 𝑓𝑎𝑖𝑟𝑦𝑡𝑎𝑙𝑒 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑎 ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑜𝑖𝑛𝑒 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑚𝑎𝑔𝑖𝑐."
𝖲𝗒𝗇𝗈𝗉𝗌𝗂𝗌:
When the time to become a true Zodiac finally arrives, Talah is all too eager to prove herself by competing in the trials. "𝑻𝒂𝒍𝒂𝒉 𝒘𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒈𝒆𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒂𝒄𝒉𝒊𝒆𝒗𝒆 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒈𝒐𝒂𝒍 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒓𝒊𝒂𝒍𝒔. 𝑺𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒎𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑮𝒂𝒍𝒂𝒙𝒚, 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒂 𝒏𝒆𝒘 𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒎𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏 𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒇𝒂𝒊𝒓𝒚𝒕𝒂𝒍𝒆 𝒓𝒐𝒎𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝒎𝒂𝒏𝒚 𝒈𝒊𝒓𝒍𝒔 𝒅𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒎𝒆𝒅 𝒐𝒇." But beneath the lavish parties and power lies a dark secret their his
Effie Joe
Jan 19, 2021 rated it liked it
When I first saw this book on #bookstagram, I couldn't wait to read it! I got a free ebook version in exchange for honest review.

For starters, the premise of this book is incredible. The world building with the Zodiac signs, the powers, the traditions, the other worlds, everything is well planned out and masterfully built. Absolutely loved the world building.

The first 2 chapters were incredible. I fell instantly in love with the characters, the places, the descriptions, the easy writing style
Belladonnaoflavender
Sep 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
💞
#BookRecommended
#TheZodiacTrials

I was screaming with flying hands when I received the book. The galaxy was where she was meant to be. And in this first part of the absolutely-i-am-looking forward book of trials held at Aphelion University and how! Talah and every other zodiac instigator which has been described, that too beautifully, enchanting the reader with Arabic lessons and confluence of West meets East cultures! DO NOT MISTAKE THIS BOOK FOR THE UNSOLVED MURDERS BY ZODIAC THE KILLER.😋 bu
Natasha
Feb 27, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: couldnt-finish, dnf
This had so much potential but unfortunately, it fell through and I couldn't connect to the characters at all.

The book started off by describing the Zodiacs a little bit and the role they place in society. We meet Firas, a Scorpio teen, and his friend, Alban. Firas meets the mysterious earth girl, Talah and they spend the day together before her father finds her and drags her home.
We are thrown two years into the future where Firas has become a young man of eighteen and is competing in the Zodia
Hailey H.
Aug 19, 2020 rated it liked it
At first, I was a little nervous about reading a book that tied the zodiac signs into its world building. However, the zodiac signs is really just a way to classify the elemental powers people have. It didn’t bother me. It really just seemed like a way to try and make the elemental powers feel a little more fresh.
On the topic of powers, I had a hard time keeping straight who had what powers. The four elemental powers were easier to track, but the other powers were hard. There is a list of who ha
Tehmeena Salam
Dec 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Have you ever read a book, which you didn't like in the beginning, but somehow somewhere you just start loving it?

I had my share of these roller coaster feelings while reading The Zodiac Trials by Michelle Khalil.

It is the first book of her Trilogy, and all I can think of my next line to be, that I am eagerly waiting for the other parts. It talks about the fantasizing fictional world of the Zodiacs. There are trials for all students, which they need to undergo to enter the Aphelion University (
Sabryna
Feb 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Where to even begin with this review? From the very beginning, the author draws you in with a brilliantly described world. The diversity of characters is so beautiful and broad, anyone would be able to see themselves in the world that Khalil has created. The female protagonist (Talah) has a level headed perspective that is not only relatable, but logical in a way that isn't always seen in a female lead. *Spoilers* Just when I assumed this story would follow the common trope of a girl forced to c ...more
Samra Nadir
Mar 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I am a lover of Zodiac related anything & this book was a treat for me. Michele has build such a magnificent world that I am in awe of it. The addition of Arabic words & cuisines just took my heart. Her prose & her writing is truly captivating. The characters Talah & Firas are written brilliantly. They are so brave & strong willed. Each element is explained brilliantly. The premise of this novel is very unique & captivating. Even the side characters were excellent. The pacing of this book was pe ...more
Saia (Finding Fiction)
Feb 17, 2021 rated it really liked it
Reading about a world that I know so well in terms of culture is always refreshing. This book takes me on an adventure in our world, including magical realism to incorporate a world beyond our own. Zodiacs live a completely different life than humans, but just like humans social hierarchy seems to play an important role.

The world building in this book was my favourite, incorporating the rich aspects of Arabian culture. It is full of action and has a dash of romance.

I personally would have love
TheArtistReader
This was my 1st read of 2021 and I was hesitant about reading it at first - I'd never read a fantasy book in my life, but I thought I'd give something new a go for the new year. If you're a fan of Divergent and The Hunger Games, this book is for you. The detail given by Michele is incredible and unlike anything I have ever seen before. Rather than just reading the words, I was able to create my own movie that played in my head as I read on. There's a clear romantic connection between Talah and F ...more
Michelle
Feb 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. I only downside is that I read it so fast that I want the next book now. The main character is very relatable and realistic and she isn't a Mary Jane and she isn't some helpless damsel in distress. The world feels well thought out and things that might normally be questioned in other books I've read are explained in a way that makes sense. I don't want to give anything away because it's such a ride. I highly recommend it if you enjoy adventure and strong heroines.

I
SHAMINA
Jan 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Thoroughly enjoyed this book! Excited to read the next one.
If you are a fan of fantasy then yes definitely read this! The way Michele described the worlds, the characters, the emotions, it was very well written. It is definitely a cross between The Hunger Games and Divergent (also the first chapter gave me Aladdin vibes).I give this book 5 stars.

Ahmed Khalil
Jan 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing
The book is such amazing book with new way of story, full of things happened and it feels like a true story for me.
I wish It has another part because the end made me excited for more.
The map was wonderful I wish the writer would teach me how to draw this or lead me to who draw this map
All I can say this book suppose to be the book of the year

Ali
Feb 28, 2021 rated it really liked it
Once I started this book, I honestly couldn’t put it down. This world is amazing and I just wanted to learn more and more about it. Incredible world building is one of my favourite things about new stories and this world delivered!
The Trials were so interesting and I loved how much Talah changes through the story! I didn’t see that ending coming, and I can’t wait for book 2!
Maggie
Mar 03, 2021 rated it really liked it
The world building was my favorite part of this book. It was detailed, but not to the point of sounding like a textbook.The characters are also fantastic, and I loved seeing Talah's growth and development through the book. The ending was a TOTAL SHOCK and I can't wait for the next book!!!

Christina
Mar 02, 2021 rated it really liked it

The Zodiac Trials should be one of those books that has everyone's attention. Michele Guarnieri's worldbuilding is so beautifully descriptive—it makes me want to visit the Galaxy.

The ending scene was so well done. I'm hoping the next book comes out soon.
Sep 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this so much! The story is addictive and the world building is spectacular. I really loved the characters and I surely can't wait for book 2! ...more
H.G. Ahedi
Feb 15, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent fantasy

A perfect read for YA. A different kind of world where the MC wants to prove himself. I love the fact the book involves stars and zodiac signs. A beautiful unexpected ending and how the characters change over time makes this highly entertaining book!
Sarah (The Book Marauder)
Thank you to the publisher and author for providing me with a review copy via Booksprout. I didn’t really know what to expect when I picked this up but I was really surprised with how good it was. This book had me hooked from the get-go. I flew threw it pretty fast and it left me wanting more. (When does the sequel come out?)

The author built up a fantastic rich world with characters that you can’t help rooting for. The story was fast-paced and well-written. It was just so easy to picture the ent
karlee hill
Jun 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was AMAZING. I can’t wait for the sequel. I finished it within 3 days and I’m a busy bee. So that should tell ya everything you need to know!! :)

• Every Breath an Ending
  • Freakonomics: A Rogue Economist Explores the Hidden Side of Everything
  • The Southern Book Club's Guide to Slaying Vampires
  • The Zodiac Trials
  • Winter, White and Wicked
  • Why We Sleep: Unlocking the Power of Sleep and Dreams
  • Stalks of Gold (Bewitching Fairy Tales, #1)
  • Playing with Fire
  • A Deal with the Elf King (Married to Magic, #1)
  • A Woman Makes a Plan: Advice for a Lifetime of Adventure, Beauty, and Success
  • The Betrothed (The Betrothed, #1)
  • The Inheritance Games (The Inheritance Games, #1)
  • Lawless Kingdom (Reign & Ruin #1)
  • The Puppetmaster’s Apprentice
  • Damsel
  • Instant Karma
  • Under the Tulip Tree
  • Dancing Souls

The Star Sign Trilogy (2 books)
  • The Zodiac Games (The Star Sign Trilogy Book Two)

News & Interviews