Start by marking “Angels in the Mist (The Z-Tech Chronicles Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Angels in the Mist (The Z-Tech Chronicles Book 1)

Angels in the Mist (The Z-Tech Chronicles Book 1)

An ancient, powerful evil is loose in San Francisco. The heart of Silicon Valley must fight back the only way they know how — with compassion, unwavering determination, and, of course, super-technology.

Anne Perrin is resigned to a life driven by an adolescent trauma: a strict routine, no socializing (outside of the safety of her waitressing job), and no romantic relationsh
Kindle Edition
Published June 16th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Angels in the Mist, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Angels in the Mist

Start your review of Angels in the Mist (The Z-Tech Chronicles Book 1)
Jun 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
#NetGalley #RyanSouthwick

Another really good read...I am on a roll!!! Kudos to the author for weaving a whole new experience where the world includes androids, cyborgs and vampires! This was my first book by the author and also the first in a series. I cannot wait for the next installment. I'm thinking it will improve, as most series' do and potentially be a five star read.

Jun 27, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
#NetGalley #RyanSouthwick

I'm not even going to try to give a synopses on this book, reading the blurb will give you a pretty good idea of what it is
Valerie Roberson
This is one of the best books I’ve read this year! You got it all, romance, fairytale, science fiction, vampires, action, fantasy, secrets and so many surprises. Each chapter brought mystery and a surprise to it, which made it very hard to put the book down.
You have Anne, traumatized as a teenager and ran away from home and only went down the wrong road, until she met Doris who brought her out of the gutter. Years went by until Anne met Charlie, who is everything she ever wanted in a man, a re
InD'tale Magazine
4.5/5.0

"Angels in the Mist" is an epic urban fantasy blended with science fiction that will capture readers' imaginations!

Read full review in the 2019 May issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Amy
Aug 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-and-read
I won Angels in the Mist through a goodreads giveaway. There is PTSD from a sexual assault in this book, just a warning as I know that there is content that could make some individuals very uncomfortable. I wasn't sure I was going to enjoy this book, but about 3 chapters in I was hooked. This would not be a book I would normally buy, but I will be buying the next book in the series! It definitely is Sci-Fi, Paranormal with vampires, cyborgs, and nanites. I love it when the hero or heroine of a b ...more
BookTrib.com
The first installment in Ryan Southwick’s The Z-Tech Chronicles trilogy, has enough intensity and inventiveness for three books all by itself. Brimming with elements of practically every genre including exhilarating action-adventure, riveting sci-fi, urban fantasy and breathtaking romance, ANGELS IN THE MIST surprises and satisfies with every hairpin turn.

Read our full review here:
Lynne Turner
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow. This is a wonderful new entry into the urban fantasy genre. The story revolves around a young woman who survived a traumatic event, fled to the San Francisco Bay Area, and works hard at overcoming her PTSD. Her quiet life is changed with the meeting of a unique man, and she becomes aware of dark forces at work. She joins the cause, and the action is fast and imaginative. The characters are well drawn and fascinating, and it was hard to put down. This new voice in the mist of San Francisco r ...more
Samantha Turley
Aug 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sci-fi
A great fun read for fans of Fantasy!
Book is written in a manner that it is easy to read and it builds and capture interest of the reader. Kept reader captivate to complete reading.
It keeps you wanting to read and uncover more about it as you go. Once you pick it up, it’s hard to put down! I would definitely recommend it for Sci0Fi and Fantasy fans.
Action packed with wonderful word building.
R.K. Emery
Jun 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What makes this work? Its a refreshing and unique adventure to follow!

I love the fact that this book explains the details of how things work and almost makes many impractical things seem practical.

The writing style was one of my favorites, the humor actually made me laugh. I love when authors can mix in wit and humor to break up the darker and serious elements of a book.
Jean
Jul 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had a lot of fun with this novel. It's a real page-turner with lots of action and suspense. I was, at times, a little frustrated because I wanted ANSWERS to my QUESTIONS, and I wasn't at all sure that I would get them before the next volume (or, horrors, the third!). Happily, the satisfaction/suspense ratio is nicely balanced and I came away with some good answers and some nice anticipation for the next installment.

It's long, with a lot of plot and all sorts of things going on (vampires! cyb
Karen
Aug 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I won this book here and am glad what a fun read. Zima is sweet but a little psychotic. I like when i am reading a book where I can't figure out what is going on , love that. I won't talk about about the plot or anything cause I am terrible at writing reviews and wind up ruining the book for others. I will say go get this book and read it , was great. ...more
Gina Stamper
Aug 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sci-fi
I raced through this one! Ryan Southwick’s deft writing and snappy pace makes Angels in the Mist a joy to read! The thing that stands out is how he has created such memorable characters.
Well thought out, characters actually made sense. Has a great plot and is overall, superbly written.
Mary Ann
Sep 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Strong characters. Solid writing. PTSD due to a sexual assault. Interesting urban fantasy. Parts were drawn out while the majority of the book was fast-paced.
Holly Mavigliano
a Must read!

This book has it all! Action, adventure, romance........vampires, and robots... I was captivated from the first chapter. A great read, and I will definitely watch this author.
Jine’
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book. The story does deal with a brief traumatic event and PTSD challenges. So for some readers it may be considered a little dark. I however, found it to be romantic, adventurous, quirky, fun, and in some parts, light hearted. I thought Zima was endearing. The characters and storyline were different and definitely not predictable. I needed answers to all my questions! Before I knew it, I had finished the book!
Tom Jolly
Oct 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was quite a bit of fun. The only thing that bothered me about it was the rape scene in the first chapter; it wasn't particularly graphic, but it was disturbing, though it was also needed to establish Anne's PTSD. This figured heavily in the rest of the book, which, in general, was a lot lighter than the first chapter.

Anne seems to be a magnet for unusual criminals and heroes of an odd sort, and much of the book is taken up with a love triangle between her and Zima and Charlie, which w
Reid Edwards
While there were parts of Angels in the Mist that I really enjoyed, overall it feels like a pulp-fiction fanfic novel. The characters, while having traumas in their backstories for "character", felt fairly one-dimensional - it wasn't difficult to understand any of their motivations, since they almost always drew on their defining moment. The book also felt oversaturated with sexuality, almost to the level where the Romance tag should be added, without much of the emotional and psychological leve ...more
Joshua
Nov 20, 2020
Melissa Cheresnick
Dec 23, 2018
Ryan Southwick
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
L.A. Jacob
Erin
Abbie
Teddi
Jun 19, 2018

• Axiom's End (Noumena, #1)
  • Grave Secrets (The Lavington Windsor Mysteries #1)
  • People of the Lakes (North America's Forgotten Past, #6)
  • Call Your Daughter Home
  • Life in Transition: Essays and Diversions
  • Brave Girl, Quiet Girl
  • The Consuming Fire (The Interdependency, #2)
  • Devolution: A Firsthand Account of the Rainier Sasquatch Massacre
  • The Strawberry Hearts Diner
  • Labyrinth (Languedoc, #1)
  • 2 Drunk 2 Drive (Space Race)
  • Midnight's End (The Fae Games, #5)
  • Dragon Assassin 2 (Dragon Assassin Omnibus)
  • The Will and the Wilds
  • Dragon Assassin (Dragon Assassin Omnibus Book 1)
  • The Obsidian Tower (Rooks and Ruin, #1)
  • Divination (The Horusian Wars)
  • To Sleep in a Sea of Stars
Ryan Southwick decided to dabble at writing late in life, and quickly became obsessed with the craft. He currently lives in the San Francisco Bay Area with his wife and two children.

His technical skills as a software developer, healthcare experience, and lifelong fascination for science fiction became the ingredients for his first series, The Z-Tech Chronicles, which combines these elements into a