Start by marking “The Damsel (Black Sun #1)” as Want to Read:
The Damsel (Black Sun #1)

The Damsel (Black Sun #1)

After a hijacking attempt damages their decrepit Black Sun 490 freighter, Snake and his boss are desperate for cash.

Enter Carla, a gorgeous mercenary bad girl with a job offer that seems too good to be true. Unfortunately for him, while Snake is convinced she's stringing them along to their deaths, he's not the one in charge.

The job gets dicey in a hurry, and it doesn't
Published November 13th 2020 by Kyanite Publishing LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Damsel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Damsel

Start your review of The Damsel (Black Sun #1)
Malcolm Everett
Aug 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
“The real problem in our line of work is that the human race is generally made up of assholes, and as such, we privateers meet more than our share.”

This sci-fi action comedy is pitched as “if Guy Ritchie met Dashiell Hammett for drinks at Mos Eisely,” which is pretty accurate, but I like to think of it as Cowboy Bebop in book form—cool and fun, with witty characters who are tired of everyone’s shit.

Snake and the boss are privateers doing odd jobs across the galaxy while being perpetually low on
♥Milica♥
Oct 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The action never stops in this stunning debut! Right from the very beginning it's clear the reader is in for a wild ride.

The main character Snake is held at gunpoint and forced to fly a ship (and he isn't a pilot, that would be his boss) by someone who snuck aboard and just decided that yes, today was a good day to steal a ship.

Managing to outsmart the criminal, Snake and his boss head to a bar to look for some work. Their ship is an old rustbucket and there's always things to fix, but it's ha
David Morris
Sep 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If you like a little science fiction mixed in with your action, this would be the book you would want to pick up. If you like a bit of humor at the same time, you would do more than pick up the book.

The only complaint I have is the book ended way too soon. I am pretty sure the ending left a big opening for a follow-up series, but it also could end right there also.

Robert Jr.
Aug 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the first work of fiction I have read in quite some time. I was hooked from the beginning. Snake is an interesting character. Reading the book felt like watching a good science fiction action movie (something else I have not done in quite some time). I am eager to read the next two books in the series!
Dean Osborne
Nov 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Damsel by David Dixon is a short, sharp and gripping, edge of your seat sci-fi full of blood, guts and glory. Dixon does not hold back on the detail with this one and is not afraid to jam as much blood thirsty action into this short read.
The action in The Damsel is great. It’s fast paced, it happens often and the level of detail has a nice balance to it. Not too much and not too little. This is one aspect that I really enjoyed about this read. The author has done a fantastic job of achieving
Jessica
Sep 30, 2020 rated it it was ok
I recieved this book as anARC From BookSirens
I picked up this book because the description was really awesome. I was expecting something much better than what I got.
This only earned 2 stars because the first chapter was awesome. That's it. No engaging plot, no interesting characters. I don't even know what any of these people other than the hot chick and her roommate look like. Also, the use of the word "fuck" in this book is overdone to the absolute extreme, I'm not sure this MC has a personal
Kathryn
Nov 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading this book, it was a great mix of space opera and an adventure book, the characters were great and I really enjoyed going through this book.

Angelique Migliore
Nov 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Binge-worthy and action packed.
Irreverent and obtuse.
I can't wait for the next book in this series.
David
Sep 15, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Jake is Reading
Sep 17, 2020
Torsha  Sarkar
Nov 09, 2020
Ingmar Weyland
Nov 15, 2020
Hatchet Mouth
Nov 15, 2020

• Blood Demon (Demon Assassin Series, #1)
  • The Trafficking Murders (Inspector Sheehan Mysteries #5)
  • Trapped Within a Dream
  • FIRE BLOSSOM
  • The Fairytale Killer: E&M Investigations Prequel
  • Even Goblins Get The Blues
  • The Gargoyle’s Secret (Stonehaven Mysteries, Book 1)
  • Awaken: Beautiful Nightmare (Book Two)
  • Bloody Wicked (The Legacy of a Vampire Witch, #3)
  • Second Chance Fate (Second Chance Academy, #1)
  • Mages Unbound (Fifth Mage War #2)
  • Dragon Deep (The Dragonspawn Trilogy (Dracwyn Part 1) Book 3)
  • Once upon a Rose: A Beauty and the Beast Retelling
  • The Witches of Hant Hollow: Jonathan's Curse
  • Enchanted Rebel
  • Rena (Dragon Isles, #3)
  • The Belle of Eden
Just a poor, wayfaring stranger, traveling through this world below.

News & Interviews