Start by marking “Sips of Blood” as Want to Read:
Sips of Blood

Sips of Blood

(Marquis de Sade #1)

The Marquis de Sade. The very name conjures images of decadence, torture, and dark desires. But even the worst rumors of his evil deeds are mere shades of the truth, for the world doesn't know what the Marquis became - they don't suspect he is one of the undead. And that he lives among us still. His tastes remain the same, only more pronounced. And his desire for blood has ...more
Published February 1st 2005 by Leisure Books (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Sips of Blood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sips of Blood

Start your review of Sips of Blood
Nenia ⚜️ Author of Filthy Trash and Unhinged Psychos ⚜️ Campbell

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

As of 09/10/17, this book is free on Kindle!

This was a Kindle Clean-Out Club buddy read with my friend Heather. We both like vampire novels and agree that many of the best ones were the super dark vampire stories written pre-TWILIGHT. SIPS OF BLOOD seemed like the perfect read for us, because not only is it a vampire novel from the 90s, it's also a vampire novel from the 90s about the Marquis de Sade.

Taking famous crazy people throughout history and turning them into vampires is not a novel concept. I've r
Heather ~*Undercover Goth Queen*~
Normally I don't care to read fictionalized accounts of real historical figures, but when Nenia told me this was free on Amazon, I downloaded it because VAMPIRES. And not just any vampires, but 90s vampires that aren't afraid of blood, one of whom is the Marquis de Sade. Of course, we set up a buddy-read as soon as possible, and now here we are.

The thing about Louis, the Marquis de Sade, is that he's not your average desirable vampire. No, he's fifty or sixty years old. He has white chest
Kammie
Jan 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Hardcore vampire book. No baby shit twilight.
Veronica
Nov 06, 2014 rated it it was ok
Smut...not even good smut. Good smut makes you feel a little giddy and is a guilty pleasure. This, well, was not that. This was the kind of smut that makes everything a little awkward. Like seeing something you really wish you hadn't. The characters were one note, and the only one I liked, ended up dead at the end. The others are whiney, sniveling, idiots who deserve to be meat puppets for the vampires. The vampires are so stupid tho, that they turn the meat puppets into vampires, so now we have ...more
Michelle Wilkerson
Aug 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
this book was great, atleast in my opinion. If you liked 50 shades of grey you will love this book. Its a story that really brings you up close and personal with he Marquis de Sade and all the horrific things he was known for. The story is graphic and brings you inside Sade's head, as well as the head of everyone e holds dear. The story switches between the sadistic head of the Marquis, the obsessed mind of h's mother in law, and the gentle mind of his niece, who is not only te object of his sex ...more
Andrea
Aug 22, 2010 rated it did not like it
To say this book was disturbing is not all this book is. I'm not into extreme BDSM so this was clearly not the book for me. I could say that it was well written and paints clear pictures in your head of an incestious romance but it doesn't in a way. It was odd, and as much as I love the paranormal this was more than a touch weird for me. If your into extreme and I do mean extreme BDSM and gore this would then be a book for you.
Storm
Jan 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
If you go into this thinking it will be a thought provoking, deeply character driven read - you're highly mistaken. This is nothing but good old fashioned horror/romance/fluff. There's a Grandma Dominatrix for petes sake! But, if you have a few hours to kill it's a good light book.
Hazeanni
Apr 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-own-book
This is my 1st vampire theme book i had read since a decade ago by Christopher Pike. I picked it up because it was inspired by the notorious M de Sade and it won horror guild. I had to stop at 6th chapter as i found it hard to absorb. That was February. Only this month i restarted again from the beginning and just went through.

I sympathized with Liliana who wearied of never ending life. I despised Marie the dominatrix who stop at nothing to get what she wants. Neighbor Keith aversion toward Mar
Wiccy
Feb 27, 2010 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: No one
Recommended to Wiccy by: No one
The beginning of the book is broken & disjointed in such a way as to make it impossible to know exactly what it is about, besides vampires and highly unconventional sex. Within the first 15 pages we are introduced to 3 main characters, by way of point of view changes. These changes are so jarring that I didn't realize at first that one of those characters was the Marquis de Sade, the vampire the blurb leads us to believe the book is going to be about.

This disjointedness, lasts throughout th
Lindsey Alcock
Jul 24, 2012 rated it liked it
This was certainly an original take on the Marquis De Sade, but unfortunately not original as a vampire novel. Most of the characters were rather unlikable, and yet they kept my interest throughout. Certainly not a book for the prudish, the BDSM aspects of Sade's life are first and foremost in this, whilst I personally would have liked more of De Sade's relationship with his niece to have been explored.
Overall, I enjoyed Sips of Blood, hence the 3 stars instead of 2, but it could have been bett
Jenn
Jun 29, 2008 rated it it was ok
An interesting premise that sadly went nowhere. I'm not adverse to sex in horror books, and even graphic sex doesn't make me squeamish. But something doesn't play right in any of the scenes here. I couldn't wait for it to be over and yet I'm surprised I took the time to finish it.
Wayne
May 02, 2011 rated it really liked it
If you know of the Marquis de Sade and like his books, persona, etc . . . Then maybe you will like him as a Vampire. I really enjoyed reading this!
Jacquelyn Smith
This was a decent book, the vampires was a little different, it also had a little blood worship, bondage and sadism. It not for the weak at heart.

Ok read....
Linda Knowles
Feb 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Kind of a cool twisted take on the Marquis de Sade myth. If anyone would come back as a vampire, it would be de Sade.
Jonagainwho
Aug 14, 2007 rated it did not like it
she tried and in my opion failed at what could have been a wonderful book...
Gem
Feb 24, 2013 rated it did not like it
boring
Naomi Moore
Dec 27, 2012 rated it liked it
This was waaay kinkier than I had expected. Character development was sound.
Brandi Smith
Feb 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
pretty good book. A little rough on the start. had to put it down and start over a couple of times...
Leanne Taylor
Apr 14, 2009
Jenna Baldwin
Mar 29, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Covenant with the Vampire (The Diaries of the Family Dracul, #1)
  • Lord of the Vampires (The Diaries of the Family Dracul, #3)
  • Coldheart Canyon
  • Nocturna (A Forgery of Magic, #1)
  • Lasher (Lives of the Mayfair Witches, #2)
  • The Witching Hour (Lives of the Mayfair Witches, #1)
  • Food of the Gods (Gods and Monsters: Rupert Wong #1-2)
  • The Exorcist
  • Innsmouth
  • Black Magick, Vol. 2: Awakening II
As a child, Mary Ann Mitchell wrote short stories, essays, and poetry. When she was twelve she sent her short stories to the night editor of The Journal American, who encouraged her to send more. Her mother intercepted the letters and forbade her from writing. Seems some of the family’s dark secrets were oozing onto Mary Ann’s written pages. Her writing became secret and sporadic. Once she complet ...more

Marquis de Sade (6 books)
  • Quenched
  • Cathedral of Vampires
  • Tainted Blood
  • The Vampire de Sade (Marquis de Sade, #5)
  • In the Name of the Vampire