Start by marking “Escape From Aurora (Frostheart #2)” as Want to Read:
Escape From Aurora (Frostheart #2)

Escape From Aurora

(Frostheart #2)

Ash and the rest of the Frostheart's brave crew have finally arrived at the majestic stronghold of Aurora - and Ash's mind is blown. It's an extraordinary place - unlike anything he's ever seen - and he can't wait to solve the next clue that will lead him to his parents. But it's quickly clear that even Aurora isn't safe for Song Weavers. A fanatical Pathfinder captain has ...more
Published October 1st 2020 by Penguin

To ask other readers questions about Escape From Aurora, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Escape From Aurora

Start your review of Escape From Aurora (Frostheart #2)
Gavin Hetherington
Apr 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I feel battered, bruised, but oh my, was that the best ride I've been on in my life. A huge thank you for the approval from Puffin for the e-ARC on NetGalley.

Gavin Hetherington
I... I can't even speak. I don't know if I have the words. I feel battered, bruised, but oh my, was that the best ride I've been on in my life.

The follow-up to Frostheart sees the adventures of Ash as he continues his perilous search to find his missing parents. Armed with the power of being a Song Weaver that can connect him to the Leviathans that everyone fears, and along with the crew of the Frostheart, Ash arrives at the safe haven of Aurora. Or is it as safe as he thought? A fanatical capta
Dannii Elle
This is the second instalment in the Forstheart series.

Ash and his guardian, yeti Tobu, are not fully-fledged members of the Frostheart crew. Ash is accepted and protected for his Song Weaving abilities, despite the distrust it usually garners, but bonds will be put to the test when they enter the stronghold of Aurora and discover war is imminent and plans have been made to deliver those just like Ash to the centre of it.

This second series instalment has yet again proven just why I am growing to
Sara
Nov 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
ARC received in exchange for an honest review ❄️

Escape from Aurora is the second installment in the high stakes, action packed frozen world of Frostheart - which continues the adventure of Ash as he searches for his missing parents with the help of his crewmates.

The action kicks off right from the start, with a thrilling and tense prologue that quickly demonstrates that Ash is never far from danger. The mysterious and deadly Wraiths will stop at nothing to destroy Ash's world, pitting humans ag
Pris
Nov 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series might be set in an icy cold world, it truly warm my heart in every way 🥰❄️

P.s. THAT CLIFFHANGER 😱😱😱
Hilde
Oct 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this series😍
Carmen (TheReadingTrashQueen)
Not Jamie making me cry at 1am, and then again at 1:40am, over Tobu's blobs figurines.

Goddammit this book was a rollercoaster and I loved it! Those final two pages have me buzzing for book 3, so fingers crossed I can get that started tomorrow!
Anne Secher
Feb 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't even have words for this one.

As this is the second part of a series, I won't tell you much to avoid spoilers. I will just say I cried like a baby, gasped and laughed all the way through.

I'm even more in love with these characters and thought the writing style and the story were even richer than in the first one. Jamie Littler definitely gets better as he goes.

Katy
Aug 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is everything middlegrade should be. fun, adventurous, magical and heartwarming frostheart 2: escape from aurora is an absolutely fantasatic sequel they more than lives up to its predecessor (i might even like it more) and delivers just as much wonder with a fantastic plot (seriously, this book had better political nuance than most adult fantasy books i've read!!) Truly a joy for people of all ages.

Ash, the main character, is such a loveable and adorkable character to follow and throu
Gaynor Williams
Dec 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley-reads
Thanks to #NetGalley, the publisher Penguin Random House Children’s UK, and the author Jamie Littler for providing me with a digital copy of #EscapeFromAurora in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own and not influenced in any way. I loved reading this book, it is the second in a series and I cannot wait for the third instalment. In this book we follow Ash on his adventure to find his missing parents and protect the Frostheart. This book was action packed and what an ending! It w ...more
Helen
Nov 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was a good book
It was good to follow up from the first book.
As always the pictures were brilliant.
Liam
Oct 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The further adventures of the Frostheart! How I'd eagerly awaited this novel, and it was so, so good when I finally got it!

Jamie Littler has created such a fascinating fantasy world, and I absolutely loved getting to explore more of it, with the bold, fantastic crew.

All of the ship captains coming together in Aurora had a distinctive Matrix 2 vibe, with all of these ships gathering to discuss a way forward. Aurora itself was mysterious and magnificent, with just enough of a scary edge to keep t
Nov 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is amazing and I am an emotional wreck! That ending!!! 😭😭
Kendra (SteministKendra)
The best so far I loved it
Nadja
Another nice installment! I loved the many illustrations and what twist and turns we had! So many things make now sense.. I didn’t enjoy it as much as the first one but will read the final book for sure!
cecereads23
Aug 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
Escape from Aurora (Frostheart 2) by Jamie Littler
Release date: 1st October 2020
Publisher: Puffin

Rating: ***** (if I could give it more I would)

Thank- you very much for @Netgalley and @Puffin for allowing me to read a EARC of this wonderful book.
Synopsis:
Steph ✨
Nov 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thank you to Netgalley and the publishers for providing me with an eARC of Frostheart Escape from Aurora.

Ahhh Jamie Littler has knocked it out of the park once more.

I adored Frostheart. And this is the perfect sequel! I have to be honest, I ended this book by throwing it across the couch and swearing at the top of my voice. Not how I expected to end a middlegrade book HA.

There's not much I can say about this without spoiling the first book. But it was an absolute dream to be back with the chara
Mollie
Nov 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020
Where do I even begin!? This book was everything and more. After falling in love with Ash in Frostheart I was eagerly anticipating the sequel Escape From Aurora and wow it did not disappoint. I just went on the absolute ride of my life and Jamie Littler has left me with a soul that is equal parts battered and bruised whilst also being complete and whole! I recommend this series to everyone. I can't wait to see where the third and final book in the trilogy takes us. ...more
Vicky
Aug 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Frostheart 2 begins right where the first book finished. Ash continues his journey to look for his missing parents, following the lullaby that his father left for him. He is led to Aurora, the pathfinder stronghold, and here he finds a captain who wants to join forces against the leviathans in a war to end all wars! All song weavers are at threat and Ash needs to decide where his loyalties lie.

I loved this phenomenal second instalment to the Frostheart series; it was engaging, thrilling and so f
Sabrina
Sep 26, 2020 rated it liked it
Ash finally arrives at the stronghold of Aurora with the rest of his crew. It's more amazing than he could ever have expected, but unfortunately the people there are not all as accepting of his kind as he had hoped. The quest for his parents isn't over yet and when they are forced to make a hasty retreat from Aurora, the journey gets even tougher as they face more challenges.
There's a map at the beginning of the book which is always a bonus! I found the story a bit slower going than the first on
Rebecca
Aug 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, wow, wow!

I've been eagerly awaiting this since I read Frostheart last November and it was worth the wait!

I can't help but get sucked into this fantasy world feeling as though it is real. Ash is facing a personal crisis , not knowing who to trust. He wants his birth family but also loves his chosen Pathfinder and yeti family.

There are twists and turns on every page and I know it's going to be a brilliant addition to any classroom/home bookshelf for anyone aged 8+.

Brilliant adventure, myste
Andrea Way
Oct 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars - This was really good. I really enjoyed being back in this world with Ash, Luna and the rest of the Frostheart crew. As with the 1st one the artwork is well done and adds to the story. If you have not picked up this series I highly recommend that you do. The story is well written and engaging.
Jade
Nov 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jamie what are you doing to me. How can I not have a date for when the next book is coming out after that ending. I loved the first book but this one blew my mind. I love traveling stories and the first was good but this one really opened up the world and what a world Jamie has created. This is a must read for everyone. What a fun whimsical read with a wonderful cast of characters and a magic system that will make you want to sing. Also the art work in this book is amazing I want some for my wal ...more
Sophie Crane
Jan 12, 2022 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a very interesting book. There is a cliffhanger at the end so it makes me want to read the next book. My favourite character was Lunah because she is really nice. I really liked the illustrations in this book. The age recommendation I would give this book is 8+ because it is quite long and there are a few deaths of enemies.
Kathy - Books & Munches
LOVED THIS.🖤

And what is with that ending?! This book had me tearing up a time or two but those last two pages nearly had me worse than tearing up.🥲

Just ordered the third and final book because I need to know how this ends! 👀
Jodie
3.5/5 Stars
Louisa
Dec 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved watching more of Ash's adventures, and now to see how the series ends! ...more
Lydia Hephzibah
Dec 08, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great read! I liked book 1 a bit better (hence that being 4.5 rounded up to 5) but still enjoyed this and I loved the ending.
Maria
Sep 11, 2022 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
4⭐ - I liked it a lot!

This series is very good and enjoyable, but not the best out there imo.
I liked book 1 a bit more
Lia (Taylor's Version)
I loved this so much, even more than the first one. Rook is literally amazing (so are all the characters tbh) And that cliffhanger! Luckily I already own book 3 :)

I LOVED THIS SO MUCH!!!!
AHHHHHHHHH
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Clap When You Land
  • The City We Became (Great Cities, #1)
  • The Doll's House (The Sandman, #2)
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
  • Rainbow Grey
  • House of Salt and Sorrows
  • We Hunt the Flame (Sands of Arawiya, #1)
  • Cruel Kings and Mean Queens (Horrible Histories)
  • The Light Brigade
  • How to Train Your Dragon (How to Train Your Dragon, #1)
  • The Forbidden Expedition (The Polar Bear Explorers’ Club #2)
  • Eye of the Storm (Rainbow Grey #2)
  • The Polar Bear Explorers' Club
  • The Wicker King (The Wicker King, #1)
  • The Daughter of Time (Inspector Alan Grant, #5)
  • Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls: 100 Immigrant Women Who Changed the World
  • Moon Dog
See top shelves…
Jamie is an author-illustrator who graduated from the Arts Institute at Bournemouth in 2008, going on to win a High Commendation in the Macmillan Children's Book Award. When not trying to tame his unnaturally fast growing hair or having staring matches with next door's cat, he likes drawing, colouring in, cutting things out and sticking things in. He sometimes uses a scanner and a computer, and to ...more

Frostheart (3 books)
  • Frostheart (Frostheart, #1)
  • Rise of The World Eater (Frostheart, #3)