Start by marking “Kind of a Big Deal (Flirting with Fame #4)” as Want to Read:
Kind of a Big Deal (Flirting with Fame #4)

Kind of a Big Deal

(Flirting with Fame #4)

This one goes out to the one he left behind . . .

Guitarist Noah Kennedy is in a foul mood. He once stood at the proverbial crossroads and sold his soul for a successful rock career, but the sacrifice proved too great: Chasing his dream cost him the love of his life. Now he wants a do-over.

Museum curator Lucy Griffin has always loved Noah, but she has no use for a vagabond
Published September 8th 2020 by Mary Ann Marlowe

To ask other readers questions about Kind of a Big Deal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kind of a Big Deal

Start your review of Kind of a Big Deal (Flirting with Fame #4)
Kat Turner
Aug 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Kind of a Big Deal was SUCH a comforting read that expertly balanced sexiness, conflict, and most of all heart to come together into a phenomenally gratifying book. This second chance romance was on point, giving the reader characters who belonged together even in the face of seemingly insurmountable obstacles. All of the emotion that comes with the challenges inherent in their multi-faceted lives shined with compelling realism.

The music scene elements were done perfectly and added a fun layer
Sep 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh, man. This book is amazing. I was a little hesitant at first, because I prefer romance from the female POV only. I've adored every one of Marlowe's books written that way, but by about page 3, I realized why this book *had* to include Noah's POV.

Marlowe expertly wove in enough of the other stories to give context to Noah's actions throughout the series. He went from kind of a jerk to completely swoon-worthy hero in about 4 pages. To be honest, I'm a little jealous of the skill that went into
Deborah E Kehoe
Sep 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Noah Kennedy and Lucy Griffin were high school sweethearts, best friends, and soul mates. When Noah left for New York to pursue his dream of becoming a rock star he and Lucy tried the long distance thing, but Lucy wanted someone who’d be there every day, not someone who would be on tour all the time. It was too similar to her absentee father who only dropped in when it was convenient to him. So, Lucy broke Noah’s heart. They remained friends, seeing each other only occasionally, but she was alwa ...more
Come_read_with_me_
Sep 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 stars

Set a few hours aside while you read this book because once you start you won't want to stop.

This book focuses on Noah and Lucy relationship. Noah is the lead guitarist of the band "Theatre of the Absurd" while Lucy is a museum curator. These two have been on and off again since school. They love each other deeply yet their timing was always off, Noah was either touring or Lucy was busy in university. That is, until one night that resulted in Lucy getting pregnant. Almost 4 years later, N
Laura Elizabeth
Aug 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I got the privilege to read this book early, and let me tell you, I am all the feels over it. Kind of a Big Deal is rock-solid awesome!!!! Noah is a deliciously hot, sensitive guitarist willing to give it all up for Lucy, his fantasy girl since high school. Too bad Lucy yearns for stability in her life--for good reason. Unfortunately, Noah has never been good in that department, given he's a rock god. What's more unfortunate is that Lucy really likes herself a rock god.

When they re-meet after a
Simone Barrett (Escaping Through Lit)
Kind of a Big Deal is the tumultuous love story of Lucy and Noah, whose paths stray away from each other over the years but they keep coming back to each other. Every time they find their way back to each other, something always pulls them back to their separate realities. For Noah, it's his music career. For Lucy, it's her career at a museum. Lucy also has a child she kept secret from Noah out of fear that he would react negatively. As they reconnect again, she's debating whether to tell Noah a ...more
Charlene
Sep 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
“This one goes out to the one he left behind”

Noah Kennedy struck a deal with the devil: “You get to do the only thing you know how to do well, the thing you love, every night for lots of money. In exchange, you’re never in the same city two nights in a row—alone, except when you’re with strangers.” This deal, made four years ago, separated Noah from Lucy, the love of his life. Lucy wanted a stable relationship - not the lifestyle of a heartthrob musician constantly on the road. While Noah has ne
Emily Pennington
Shelves: reviewed
Noah Kennedy is the lead guitarist in a band. He loves music, but life on the road takes a toll on everyone sooner or later. Noah misses his high school love who is a museum curator back in Washington, D.C. But she walked away from him years ago.

Lucy Griffin has always been looking for stability. Her father was in and out of her life and doesn’t want that history repeating with Noah. But when Noah shows up on her doorstep late one night, Lucy is unsure about letting him come back. And she never
Charlotte O'Shay
Sep 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
In love with a rock star was never what Lucy what have wanted for herself with her family history. But Noah was Lucy's one and only and this is the story of how two unlikely soulmates connect, re-connect and eventually flourish.

I have to go back and read the other stories in the series and based on this one I'll love them. The writing! I felt Lucy's angst, Noah's devotion and the real push-pull of emotional want versus rational need.

Noah wanted the life he got but then after he achieved fame and
Anna Volkin
Sep 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A solid four and a half stars read, filled with emotion and angst. Noah and Lucy's story was a surprise in a good way and that's the merit of the author. Knowing Noah from previous books, I would have expected a different storyline for him but this was sooo good.
I loved how the characters rock star status was brought closer to a normal life, with all the struggles and compromises a musician faces and not put into the god-like-billionaire cliche we see so often. Lucy, as well, even if accomplish
Despina Karras
Dec 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adored this book. It was probably my favorite one in the series. Noah and Lucy are both complex yet relatable characters with incredible chemistry. I loved that the characters from the previous books played significant roles in this book, and I also loved Lucy’s mom. Their mother/daughter dynamic was so refreshing, humorous, and sweet. Five out of five stars from me—I couldn’t put it down.
Giofab21
Sep 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Rockstar and the one.... he can't forget. Choosing the road was something Noah always knew was for the best but when things start to blow up he's not totally convinced while Lucy has been dealing with the aftermath.
You really like these two separately but know they'll be better together. I almost got over her hiding the little secret from him after all this time hoping what never went away is enough.
Amanda
Sep 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Book Title: Kind of a Big Deal
REVIEW ☆☆☆☆☆
Mary Ann Marlowe definitely wrote a 5 star book. This is a first of hers for me and I read it in one sitting. I love a good rock star romance with swoon worth characters. Ill definitely look into other titles from Mary Ann.

Acai
Sep 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
This second chance and secret baby romance hit all the marks. Lucy and Noah’s story was compelling and fun. It was nice to catch up with familiar characters and get a whole new look at this cast of characters too. I enjoyed this book a lot.

Kristie Murphy
Sep 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
One of my absolute favorite reads of the Summer!! Mary Ann Marlowe saved 2020 with this Rockstar/real world love story!! I wanted to be Lucy so badly!! Such a great story of love with just enough naughtiness to make you blush!! 💕
Deb
Sep 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The author crafted an interesting story that had some heartbreaking and heartwarming moments. The characters seem wonderful together yet the secrets provided a level of mystery that gave the book an added intensity.
Kathy Mccalmon
Sep 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is book 4 in the flirting with fame series. It is a second chance secret baby romance. The storyline has drama conflict and suspense

Ritu
Aug 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Noah re-enters Lucy's life, after a few years apart. Lucy and Noah have a long history together. Lucy's mom helps her realize that they both need to compromise, if they want to be together.

Coco.V
Mar 10, 2021 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (3/10/2021)! 🎁
Reader03
Sep 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
A second chance romance complicated by a secret child. I voluntarily received this book for an honest review.
Abigail Singrey
Aug 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Noah Kennedy made a deal with the devil to become a rock star. But he didn’t realize he’d lose the only girl he ever loved.

When Noah shows up on her doorstep late one night, Lucy’s tempted to let him back into her life and her heart. Noah’s shocked to find out she got divorced three years ago and didn’t tell him. But he’d be even more shocked if he knew the reason for the divorce - a four-year-old boy named Owen who’s definitely his son.

Lucy wants to believe Noah will be there when it matters,
Miranda
Dec 08, 2020

• The House in the Cerulean Sea
  • The Broken Girls
  • Love at First
  • Internship with the Devil (Shut up and Kiss me, #1)
  • A Favor for a Favor (All In, #2)
  • Amelia Unabridged
  • Pretty Little Savage (Sick Boys #1)
  • In Her Jam Jar (The Svensson Brothers #6)
  • Mistletoe and Mr. Right (Moose Springs, Alaska #2)
  • Recipe for Persuasion (The Rajes, #2)
  • Not My Romeo (The Game Changers, #1)
  • Single Dad Seeks Juliet
  • The Beat Match (Showmen, #3)
  • The Book of Two Ways
  • Crushing It
  • Hard Rock Desires (Until We Break Book 1)
  • A Lie for a Lie (All In, #1)
  • The Christmas Fix

Flirting with Fame (4 books)
  • Some Kind of Magic (Flirting with Fame #1)
  • A Crazy Kind of Love (Flirting with Fame #2)
  • Kind of Famous (Flirting with Fame #3)