Start by marking “A Sprinkle of Sorcery” as Want to Read:
A Sprinkle of Sorcery

A Sprinkle of Sorcery

(A Pinch of Magic #2)

This sequel to A Pinch of Magic is another spellbinding sisterly adventure, this time with a haunted shipwreck, a fierce pirate, and, of course, a little magic!

The family curse has been lifted, and the Widdershins sisters—Betty, Fliss, and Charlie—are free to leave the misty prison isle of Crowstone. But when a mysterious girl arrives at their inn accompanied by a will-o
Expected publication: August 17th 2021 by Clarion Books (first published February 6th 2020)

To ask other readers questions about A Sprinkle of Sorcery, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Sprinkle of Sorcery

Start your review of A Sprinkle of Sorcery
Gavin
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jumping jackdaws! 'A Sprinkle of Sorcery' by Michelle Harrison is THE perfect recipe for an exciting, action-packed sequel that not only honours the wonderful world that was built in 'A Pinch of Magic', but wondrously surpasses it in every way conceivable.

I am so happy with how quickly we are thrust back into the world of the Widdershins sisters. I've missed Fliss, Betty and Charlie and everything that makes them unique from one another. Right from the first couple of chapters, we already have o
Ashleigh (a frolic through fiction)
Oh how I love Michelle Harrison's writing! It was so easy to fall back into the world of the Widdershin sisters. This one takes on a pirate theme, a quest to find a missing sister proving full of mishaps and adventure.

I loved seeing the expansion of the world in this one. With the first being centred on a small group of islands, opening the book to find new islands on the map proved exciting to see. That sense of adventure in Betty's personality proves infectious when stories of these mysteriou
Tina
This is a Magical Middle Grade book, and this is the second book in A Pinch of Magic series. I have not read the first book in this book series, but I did not feel lost. I fall in love with these characters fast, and the characters where very developed. The storyline was so great, and it made you want to keep reading. This book had me guessing what was going to happen while I was reading it. This was a fun and magical story with great characters that have so many different personalist. I feel th ...more
Umut Rados
Oct 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this author and series so much! I definitely enjoyed the first book and gave it 4 stars, but I thought the second book was really good and it got bog 5 stars.
This series is about 3 sisters who learn they are witches and they can do some magic. They live with their grandma. In the second one, we start where we left off. It starts really fast getting into another mysterious/dangerous adventure in the first few pages.

This book had a lot of nice content for kids: Hope, adventure, sisterhood,
April (Aprilius Maximus)
1.) A Pinch of Magic ★★★★.5
2.) A Sprinkle of Sorcery ★★★★★
3.) A Tangle of Spells ★★★

-----------------------------------------------

"Jumping jackdaws!"

representation: none that i can remember??

[trigger warnings are listed at the bottom of this review and may contain spoilers]

★★★★★

THIS WAS SO GOOD! I loved the pirate vibes! AHHHH I can't wait for the third book!

trigger warnings: kidnapping, being in a confined space underwater with no knowing when you'll be able to come up for air (is there
Sara
3.5 stars.

The Widdershins sisters are back for another high seas adventure with buried treasure, witches and kidnapping. When Charlie meets a runaway girl from the island of Torment who is followed by a mysterious Will o' the Wisp, she draws her sisters into a hunt for a forbidden and forgotten island to help clear her name.

Just like A Pinch of Magic, the familial relationship is the highlight for me in these books. Fliss, Betty and Charlie share such a special bond that exudes warmth and love
Laura Bartrum
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely loved this book. To be back with the girls on another adventure truly was magical and Charlie was even more adorable this time.
Becky
Jun 05, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A really fun and magical story.
Still love the Widdershins, Charlie is still my favourite shes just so mischievous and brave. Her reactions always make me smile.
I think I preferred this one slightly more over a pinch of magic, but I think that's only from the setting, this had alot more of the sea in it and I was really intrigued by one of the characters but I won't say anything else!
Really looking forward to the next book in the series 😄
♥️nicole
May 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*4.25 STARS*
I adore this series! My favourite thing each of the books do is weave a fairytale throughout the story that does eventually intertwine with the main plot. This book, like the first book, was whimsical, adventurous & featured a heartwarming familial relationship between the three sisters. All elements I love to see in middle-grade books! However, I did enjoy this book slightly less than book one. I am not entirely sure why...it might have been because there wasn't as much mystery in t
Simoné Eloff
Book #7 for Believathon III! I've earned myself The Shadow with this, as the book was published in 2020.

I actually enjoyed this one much more than the first installment! I think it took me the whole of the first book to really get used to and connect with the characters, so with this one, I could enjoy the adventure and intrigue a bit more. Really looking forward to the third one!
cecereads23
This book had me on the edge of my seat, the high stakes of this series always has me needing to know what it going to happen. I enjoyed this even more than a pinch of magic.

I did not see the twist of this book even though when I read it I was like duh. If myself a thirty year old woman could not see it coming I am shocked the target audience would and that is what makes this book great. Because it is not obvious it makes you think about it.

The characters build in this it makes you feel for ea
Belles Middle Grade Library
I honestly don’t know if I like this one or the 1st better! They’re both so amazing! You sometimes get worried about the 2nd book in a series, & how it will do/compare. I knew by reading all her other MG books before these I had nothing to worry about. Boy was I right! I haven’t been able to find out how many more are going to be in this series, or if there are even going to be any more...I sure hope so. I love these sisters, granny, the people they encounter along the way, & even that rat, so m ...more
Lauren
Sep 06, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book two for the Widdershin Sisters! Jumping Jackdaws!!!

A Sprinkle Of Sorcery continues on from A Pinch of Magic, and this time follows another witchy legend, full of pirates, treasure, grumpy cats and mayhem.

Meddling Magpies! Betty, Fliss and Charlie (and little Hoppit too!) Find themselves in even more trouble during this Book, but their sisterly strength and spirit keeps them strong and determined. With their pinch of magic and their terrible luck... What could possibly go wrong?!

Again the
Milou
Mar 17, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book one having such a satisfying ending, I didn't quite see the need for the sequel. But actually, it is even better than the first book.

This was such an exciting adventure story, with also had a lot of heart and emotional impact. We once again follow the Whiddershin sisters, joined by the mysterious girl Willow. Later on we are also joined by pirate boy Spit, and the dynamics between these five characters is an absolute joy to read about.

The atmosphere and tension created by the excellent writ
Becca Fowell
Mar 30, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thank you to the publisher and NetGalley for gifting me with the e-ARC of this book. I also reviewed the first book last year so you can check that out on my blog/Goodreads.
I loved the first book in this series so had pretty high expectations for this book, the Widdershins sisters had such an amazing adventure in A Pinch of Magic, so I was excited to see what adventure they have in this book.

I love the bond that Betty, Fliss and Charlie have, I loved seeing them meet and take in Willow and help
Jelke
Mar 25, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020-reads, 4-stars
actual rating: 4.5 ⭐️
Insiya.
Mar 26, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children, fantasy
A solid read about friendship and sisterhood!
Ketiana Osias
Oct 06, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Aww, this was so fun! I can’t wait for the third book.
Cat
ONE BILLIONTY STARS! 💖
✨Emily | Procrastinating • Bibliophile
4.5/5 stars

A Sprinkle of Sorcery follows the Widdershins sisters, Betty, Fliss and Charlie as they embark on a journey straight out of a fairy tale. When unwanted strangers abduct Charlie, Betty and Fliss will do whatever it takes to get her back. Accompanying them is a mysterious young girl with a magical map and strange abilities. Together they will journey far from the dreary Crowstone and embark on an adventure that may just prove that existence of magic.

There are 3 main things that I a
I'mogén
Jun 10, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The girls wanted adventure and that's sure what they got. Be careful what you wish for!

I really enjoyed the prologue. It had that Fairy Tale vibe I love, with a lesson to be learned. I hoped we would meet the witch involved, in the main bulk of the story, but not in the way I had hoped for.

Just like the first book, it gave me great enjoyment to have more fairy tale vibes in the form of a story being told within this story, as it helped the sisters on their mission. It just felt so whimsical and
Livy
May 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great second instalment in the stories of the Widdershins Sisters, filled with magic, adventure and a whole load of love.

Of course I absolutely the three characters of Betty, Fliss and Charlie who always seem to be the centre of trouble. They are resourceful, brave and funny to read about as well as incredibly loyal to one another which just makes this book so heartwarming. I just love the three of them so much. Of course, we also get some new characters thrown into the mix such as Willow and
Henna
May 17, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After reading both A Pinch of Magic and A Sprinkle of Sorcery back to back, I am still ready for a new adventure with the Widdershins sisters. Harrison has a way with words and rich descriptions that make the world so magical, but there's also plenty of action and swashbuckling to balance it. A Sprinkle of Sorcery has pirates, shipwrecks, and island which does not appear on maps, and full of mysteries to solve and antagonists to escape from.

Betty, Fliss, and Charlie are all fascinating character
🪲Luna
Feb 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I regret not reading this as soon as it came out because I think I enjoyed A Sprinkle of Sorcery even more then A Pinch of Magic! Yet again, Harrison managed to create a captivating storyline, made all the better with fun characters, Betty, Fliss and Charlie make the best trio! their love for each over is largely what helps them on every adventure they go on, not to mention their bravery and kindness! Although I had my suspicions, the plot twist at the end caught me off guard, which made the sto ...more
KTReads
Nov 14, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Yeah...
I’m really sad because i felt this book had so much potential but i just didn’t care. I am very much a character driven person so if i don’t care about the characters i don’t care about the story and that was what happened here. In the first book i cared about the characters because i had never seen them have to work like this before and i was so interested but in this one it just felt like the stakes weren’t high enough and the plot was too similar. I also will say that sea books and boo
Nikki
Mar 27, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-books
Another great Widdershins adventure!

I love all three girls, and their run ins on this one are brilliantly fun. Charlie asking pirates questions and being generally disappointed in their pirate-y ness was utterly fantastic, I was giggling away.

I liked Willow too, and Spit. They added well to the group :)

The adventure was perfect for a middle grade read - with lots of wonderful twists and turns, and a good reliance on myth. That was possibly my favourite part - the way the story within a story w
Vee
Believathon, Book 6: TORN PAGE

Not only was this a fantastic follow-up to A Pinch of Magic, it was also a sea-faring pirate adventure, which just so happen to be my FAVOURITE kind of adventures.
The Widdershins sisters are such vibrant, loveable characters. I adore their sisterly bond but I also really love how they butt heads sometimes too. Charlie is the best, purely for the excellent eggcorns like confusing ‘immunity’ with ‘mutiny’.
There was a really great supporting cast in this one as well. I
Pris
Mar 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book might be the one that gets me out of the horrible reading slump I’m having at the moment. I love the Widdershins with all my heart. They are different, flawed, but so, so, so amazing. Charlie is my absolute soulmate. The plottwist in this story had my gasp for breath and got my eyes very watery. I just love this series so much 🖤🥰✨
Ms. Yingling
Jul 01, 2021 rated it liked it
E ARC provided by Edelweiss Plus

This series (this is book two) isn't as dark as this author's 13 Treasures, and would be a good choice for elementary students who are pretty much convinced that magic is real... if they just had the key. Love the setting and the way the sisters work together.
matilde
Apr 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks, mg
This book was so good, and an amazing sequel. I love these characters and their wittyness. The mystery was so intriguing and I liked how it all resolved.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Gargantis (The Legends of Eerie-on-Sea, #2)
  • The Castle of Tangled Magic
  • Darkwhispers
  • Gideon the Ninth (The Locked Tomb, #1)
  • The Girl Who Speaks Bear
  • The Highland Falcon Thief (Adventures on Trains, #1)
  • Orion Lost
  • Jungledrop (The Unmapped Chronicles, #2)
  • The Girl Who Stole an Elephant
  • Stiletto (The Checquy Files, #2)
  • Frostheart (Frostheart, #1)
  • The House at the Edge of Magic
  • Escape From Aurora (Frostheart #2)
  • Tilly and the Map of Stories (Pages & Co., #3)
  • The Strangeworlds Travel Agency (Strangeworlds Travel Agency #1)
  • Look Both Ways: A Tale Told in Ten Blocks
See top shelves…
My first children's novel, THE 13 TREASURES, won the Waterstone's Children's Book Prize and was followed by two sequels: THE 13 CURSES and THE 13 SECRETS, and a prequel, ONE WISH.

I've also written UNREST, a ghost story for young adult readers, and THE OTHER ALICE. My latest novel is A TANGLE OF SPELLS, the third in the best-selling PINCH OF MAGIC ADVENTURES. I'm currently working on book four in t

A Pinch of Magic (3 books)
  • A Pinch of Magic (A Pinch of Magic, #1)
  • A Tangle of Spells (A Pinch of Magic, #3)

News & Interviews

It's been a great summer for book clubs on Goodreads. There's nothing better than talking about books—members have been devouring...