Start by marking “Power of the Overlords (The Val-Harra Saga, #2)” as Want to Read:
Power of the Overlords (The Val-Harra Saga, #2)

Power of the Overlords

(Metal and Stone #3)

Dragons.
They exist, and have risen from their slumber to take the Earth back from Humankind.

In the aftermath of the Great Dragon War, a horrifying new power could destroy everything...

The subjugation of man should have brought an end to hostilities. It should have brought an age of peace to the Earth.
It didn’t. The hostile suspicion between dragons is worse than ever.

Since
Published June 9th 2020 by Demons and Dragons Press

To ask other readers questions about Power of the Overlords, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Power of the Overlords

Start your review of Power of the Overlords (The Val-Harra Saga, #2)
Steph Warren
*I received a free ARC of this novella. The decision to review and my opinions are my own.*

In this third installment of the Metal and Stone novellas the focus shifts from the original protagonists Dauria and Graayyy, to follow the next generation of their dragon family as the species divide intensifies.

Readers familiar with Kevin Potter’s Overlord novellas will find a familiar face amongst Dauria’s family, and there is a certain smug thrill in the recognition, although the extremely handy timeli
Lana
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First off I want to say that I love dragons and that I think every story worth its salt should have a dragon in it, so this series which is solely about dragons is something I just had to read. However, this book was very difficult to read specifically because it deals with a lot of cruelty by dragons on dragons. This 3rd book in the series Metal and Stone continues with the characters of Graayy and Dauria and their twin sons, Gravv and Bal and we see them travelling away from their home in the ...more
Christinaraven
May 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book three starts off centuries after book 2 and the Dragons of the world are not the usual noble creatures we like to imagine but drunk on stolen power as they seem to be turning against each other as war wages on. Into this environment, Graayy, Dauria with their twin sons, Gravv and Bal, decide its time to re-enter society and visit Dauria's brother one of the worse dragons around. Of course things do not go smoothly and horror occurs as the family is separated. The story is mostly told from G ...more
Liliyana Shadowlyn
Oct 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Power of the Overlords is a brilliant second installment. Dauria is back, this time to try and fix what she couldn't stop before. Winning the war hasn't made dragons anymore enlightened or kind than they were to begin with. Continuing the theme of dragons with typically human follies, this is another page turner you won't want to put down. Honestly I don't think you'll want to take a break between books if this second one is any indication.
Dale
May 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When the brothers are separated, the only thing on the Graavv's mind is to find his brother Bal no matter what. Then he can figure out how to find the rest of his family and defeat his evil uncle. Only problem is, nothing is ever that simple. The trials and tribulations seem unsurmountable. Read the story to find just how strong the brothers are.
Michelle
Blood and Scales is book three in the Metal and Stone series and there is so much going on you really have to start from book one to truly understand the whole story. As I've said before dragons have never been my thing, but I have to say I am loving this series. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Gayreth Walden
May 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love dragons and dragon stories. This is one of the best. A world of dragons and told from the dragons perspective. A family full of love and betrayals. Twin brothers who go through unimaginal trauma and how they deal with it each in their own way. This story is fascinating and a page turner. A must for Dragon lovers and anyone else for that matter. I highly recommend this book!
Jackie
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow. My favourite type of story, all about dragons. Poor Dauria and her family are in danger. Couldn’t put it down until I finished it. Received a free copy and reviewed because because it was out of this world.
Judith Warren
Jan 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent read!

Can't wait to find out what happens. It's hard to realize you are reading about dragons and not humans. Written very well. You are never really sure what is going to happen next! On to book 4!!!
Tanya
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dragon have arrived back in the world. Brothers were divided but they need to join together to save their family. Will they succeed? See if they are.
I received an advanced copy and I enjoyed it so much that I want to review
Amanda Sauer
Sep 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a good story and a good third book in the series. This was the third time that I have read this author and I enjoyed the book. I really like dragons so it was an enjoyable read.
Phyllis Mann
Jun 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting

I really enjoyed this book and I recommend it to anyone who is interested in reading about dragons. I look forward to reading the next book.
Frank Geimer
Oct 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a good story, full of action and devious plots. If you like good Dragon stories, get this series. You will enjoy them.
Quilting Tangent
Aug 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A dragon family dealing with a crazy uncle who takes the essence of other dragons and becomes larger, more powerful and evil. Hard to follow Dragon names.
S. Joseph
Dec 21, 2018
Anna
Dec 24, 2018

• The Forest
  • The Crowns of Croswald (The Croswald Series, #1)
  • The Girl with the Whispering Shadow (The Crowns of Croswald, #2)
  • Turn The Page: When You're Looking For A Killer
  • The Gritty Truth (The Whiskeys: Dark Knights at Peaceful Harbor, #7)
  • Sting of Thorns (Dark and Otherworldly #2)
  • Dead Woman Scorned (The Patience of a Dead Man #2)
  • Dead Moon
  • As The Stars Fall: A Book for Dog Lovers
  • A Flair for Goblins
  • Knight of Light (The Watchers, #1)
  • Damned If You Don’t
  • A Perfect Storm (Sgt. Windflower Mysteries, #9)
  • Flood and Fire (The Watchers, #3)
  • Being Alert!
  • Seventh
  • Becoming American: A Political Memoir
  • Hinterland
Hello, reader! (sorry to defy conventions, but I can't stand writing about myself in the third person. It's just weird.)

I spend a good portion of my time masquerading as dragons larger than some cities, but when I'm not doing that I like to spend my time picking people's brains.

No, no, I don't mean learning from their experiences, I like the taste of brain matter!

Okay, okay, I'll try to be seri

Metal and Stone (4 books)
  • Dawn of the Overlords (The Val-Harra Saga, #1)
  • Fire and Ice
  • Age of the Overlords (The Val-Harra Sage, #3)

News & Interviews