Start by marking “Inked” as Want to Read:
Inked

Inked

It all starts with a one-night stand...

NICK

It was only supposed to be a little ink. A parting gift to myself from myself. Because when your girlfriend dumps you for a famous rockstar, you leave. You move on. You get the hell out of town and forget all about her. But I never counted on Amanda. Or the night we shared. Or the mark she left when she put her ink on my skin.

I h
Published July 13th 2020 (first published June 29th 2020)

To ask other readers questions about Inked, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Inked

Start your review of Inked
Book-Bosomed  blog
Jul 12, 2020 rated it liked it
Marine biologist Nick Jasmine, 23, is still reeling after his girlfriend left him for a rockstar (see Never Trust a Rockstar). Amanda, 25, is the tattoo artist who leaves a reminder of Kill Devil Hills on his skin before he kisses the beach town good-bye. Except he inadvertently leaves Amanda with a little memento as well.

I liked both Nick and Amanda in the opening chapters. The turtle thing was cute. It was off to a good start. But when Nick returns from Maine, both characters went downhill.
Shannon

Inked is the start of a new series in the Kill Devil Hills world by Sarah Darlington. I really love this world Sarah has created and I was happy to see she was continuing to write in it. Although it's part of the KDH universe, Inked can be read as a standalone.

I love a "beta" hero like Nick. He stole my heart right from the beginning, with his insecurities and feelings of inadequacy, stemming from being dumped for a literal rockstar. When he shows up at Kill Devil Ink for one last hurrah, (in t
Rhonda Ziglar
Jul 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 TURTLE TATTOO SOULMATE STARS!! This book touched my soul...Nick and Amanda were so much fun to watch all the way through this story. Every emotion button I have was pushed, as I read this book. If you believe in soul mates, you will definitely want to read this book. These two will engrave their names on your heart, so get ready.
Sarah Darlington
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Hi everyone!!!
This novel will be Nick’s novel. You might remember him from Crazy Sexy Notion (as Mick’s half brother) or from Never Trust a Rockstar as Emma’s bf in the beginning. He’s a complicated character, and I can’t wait for you to really get to know him in this ‘Kill Devil Ink’ standalone.

I’m hoping to release on July 11th, the date of SaSS in Norfolk this summer!
Peggy M
I received an ARC of this book and this is my voluntarily, honest review of it.

‘Inked’ is the story of Nick and Amanda. It’s a standalone story but if you have read this writer her rockstar series then you will recognize some familiar faces in this story. But if you are new to this writer, then know that there is no need to read those stories first to read this one.

Nick and Amanda meet each other for the first time, when Nick goes to Amanda’s workplace to get a tattoo. From the beginning there
Courtney
Jul 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book stole my heart. I loved Nick and his turtle tattoo idea but what I loved the most was he was such a relatable character because he was flawed. Nick had the money, had the gorgeous looks, but he suffered from panic attacks that were debilitating. I could sympathize with him as someone who suffers with anxiety and panic attacks I knew exactly what he was feeling, how it effects everyday life, and how more than anything the need to just feel normal and make them stop. I also loved Amanda ...more
bookspaced
Jul 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
I haven‘t read anything by this author so far and I think I started with the perfect book.
This story is emotional, heartwarming and inspiring. The main character Nick is a very complex character and I loved how the author didn‘t sugarcoat any of his panic attacks. Amanda was the calm to his storm and he definitely needed it. He is such a sweet character and just wants to fit in somewhere. He doesn‘t feel like he fits in at home so he creates these multiple persona‘s to someday find someone who l
Whoo Gives A Hoot
Jul 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
* Read more of my reviews at Whoo Gives A Hoot *
description
Inked is the first book in Sarah Darlington's newest spin-off series, Kill Devil Ink! When she announced that she was once again bringing us back to Kill Devil Hills, I couldn't have been more excited because I freaking love this world that she has created for her readers, a world that I have been in love with since the very beginning!

Nick and Amanda's journey begins with a sea turtle tattoo on his butt cheek and a one-night-stand that leads to a
christyheartsbooks
Jun 30, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
As his last night in Kill Devil Hills, Nick decides he needs to get a tattoo. When he is at the tattoo shop, he meets Amanda who sets him on fire. He has an immediate and violent reaction to her. Their connection is so intense that they end up spending the night together at the tattoo studio. The next morning with Amanda’s boss comes in Nick leaves in a hurry to return home to Maine. Two months later he returns at the urging of his best friend, Lou. Their first stop upon moving back is at the ta ...more
Jackie Wright
Jul 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars for Inked
This is the first book I have read by this author and it certainly won’t be the last because truth be told I’m really struggling to understand why I haven’t come across Ms Darlington before now.
Inked is a stand-alone romance that starts in a tattoo parlour, Nick walks in to get his first tattoo and it’s Amanda who is the tattoo artist who has the honour of tattooing his virgin skin. An instant attraction turns into a night of passion, they are never meant to meet again but Ni
Lita Thomas
Jul 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Inked(Kill Devil Ink#1) by Sarah Darlington. Nick is heartbroken and going back home to Maine. Before he goes he decides to go by Kill Devil Ink for a tattoo. You see he is Emma's ex. She left him for Caleb Mills. If you haven't read the Rockstars in Kill Devil Hill series please do. 4 really good stories that I really enjoyed reading. Not a necessary read for this story just really good stories. Amanda is the tattoo artist at Kill Devil Ink. Nick is a tattoo virgin. The attraction between the t ...more
Erin Lewis
Jul 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 star review of Inked by Sarah Darlington

Sarah Darlington is a new author to me and I am surprised that I have not come across her before. Inked is Nick and Amanda’s story and I was invested from the first to the last chapter. This is a well written story that ticked many boxes for me.

When Nick walk in to the tattoo parlour where Amanda weaves her magic, he has no idea that they are about to embark on a journey that will change both their lives forever. Their attraction is instant and what foll
Emily (Mrs B's Books)
Jun 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing

O.M.G. I can't believe how i fell in love with Nick. A man who you would think from the outsiders it all, a rich family, a good education and charisma, however the poor guy has a secret. He has panic attacks and try so hard to fit in and be the perfect guy for everyone.

Most of the book seemed to be about Nick and his emotions, then the plot line of him and the connection to Amanda and how for the first time he feel
Kate
Jul 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
In romance books, there is usually a man or woman that did you wrong. The way the author writes about that character makes you detest them, and prepare them to look like the villain. Then Sarah Darlington writes about the "villain," and you fall in love with that character. You find out they aren't as bad as they seemed. They just hadn't found their special someone. You didn't have their whole story. I found this with Nick. His ex-girlfriend dropped him for a rockstar. She found him so dull that ...more
carrie thackston
I loved this book so much! I was so excited to read about Nick and see who his lady was gonna be. Amanda is perfect for him! She is so sweet and so understanding. Nick is also sweet and a bit self critical. I hated that he had to go through all he did. To have to experience panic attacks and never know when they might occur is so scary, but Amanda, even though she had no clue what to do, was so supportive. I love the surprise pregnancy and how Nick reacted! What I love about Sarah Darlington is ...more
Ebook Enthusiast
Jul 11, 2020 rated it liked it
Inked – Sarah Darlington – 3 stars

*Trigger Warning*

Inked is book one of the new series Kill Devil Ink by new to me author Sarah Darlington. Boy was this book a roller coaster! It dealt with some mental health issues that may be a trigger for some people, so a trigger warning has been added. Inked follows Nick a marine biologist who suffers with panic attacks and insecurities that run deep and Amanda a tattooist with her own troubles with grief. I found this book particularly hard to connect with
Tanya (Girl Plus Books)
Once upon a time, I read a book called Kill Devil Hills that made a big impression on me. I fell hard for the two main characters and their story has stayed with me over the years. So I was excited to return to North Carolina’s Outer Banks with Sarah Darlington’s latest release, Inked.

Nick and Amanda had an unforgettable encounter when he came to her for a tattoo. When their one night together resulted in a pregnancy, Amanda panicked, certain that Nick was out of her league and would leave her h
Jul 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I honestly loved this book! Sarah what are you doing to me? I read all your books (or as many as I can). This one was probably my favorite so far. I romance based on a chance encounter mixed with a baby and I’m hooked....no need to feel me in further. They both have things they deal with on their own, but he issues seem more intense. The whole idea of his soul mate having the same tattoo, in the same place too was wild.
Honestly this story touches on things everyone must feel, like they are
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
Jul 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
"3

To be honest, this book really wasn’t for me. There was a lot of promise and I think the plot itself was great, but the execution wasn’t my cup of tea.
I liked Amanda for the most part, but couldn’t connect with her. Nick, just didn’t completely make sense in my head and he seemed to skiptrace emotions and actions. Without spoilers, none of this may make sense so I do encourage you to read and make your own opinions about this romance.
It was a HEA and quick read for me.

Tattoo artist, baby, o
Karin
Jul 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved the hero of this story Nick, everything about him was perfect including his tattoo of choice lol and that’s how he meets Amanda. These two have a instant connection and since Nick is moving they have a one night stand that leaves more then just lingering feelings but when Nicks back Amanda does some things I don’t personally like in books but overall I still really enjoyed the book and how it deals with real life issues.
Margaret Yelton
Jul 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
I fell in love with this book from the very first chapter. The chemistry between Amanda and Nick was off the charts. I would definitely recommend this book to others. I received an ARC of this book from the author and this is my fair and honest review.
Isha Coleman
Jul 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amanda and Nick cut deep enough to leave a mark on your soul. Darlington aims for the heart and claims it as her own personal trophy. Inked is a love ballad that will tie your ever emotion in knots. From tempting to heartbreaking there is no escaping the bruises left behind.
Trish (tiedupinbooks)
Jul 13, 2020 rated it it was ok
I hate to say this, but I only made it halfway through this book and did not finish it. There was just something about the characters that grated on my nerves. They were so unbelievably immature.

Now I understand the mental health aspect and tried to understand where they were coming from, but honestly they just kept getting worse and worse as the chapters went on.

The story starts off with Nick in the tattoo shop Amanda works at. The first thing out of her mouth is, “are you sure you want this?
Comfy Couch Book Reviews
I met Nick in Never Trust a Rockstar but didn't really get the chance to know his character, so it was great to meet him again in this new and so enjoyable story from Sarah.

Who knew that Nick was hurting so bad when Emma leaves him for rockstar Caleb? As he is getting ready to leave town he decides to get some ink, meets super sexy tattoo artist Amanda and fireworks explode around them. What starts off as an appointment becomes a one night stand that neither of them will ever forget. When his f
Gail
Jul 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
before leaving town for good.. nick decides he needs a tattoo... he picks one of a average Sea Turtle.. but when he meets Amanda.. and she talks him into letting her give that average turtle a update.. how can he say no.. the attraction between Nick & Amanda is instant and hot!! With one night left in town.. they spend it together... little did they know that one night will be one they won’t forget..

this is my first book by this author... def not my last... I need FINN & LOU’s Book!!!
S A
Jul 15, 2020 rated it did not like it
A boring story that went nowhere.
Christina  Thomas
Jul 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow oh wow!! I LOVED LOVED this book! I highly recommend this book! Nick and Amandas story is an emotional roller coaster and they both have been through a lot & are going through a lot. The tension between them is crazy intense. I wish there was more to their story. I love how they slowly try and work through whats going on. This story is funny, sweet, loving, sad and just all around a great book. I especially love that it takes place in kill devil hills, NC. It hit home for me. I love how both ...more
Tiffany Readz
Good but Lacking...

Sarah Darlington gives her readers a nice little read that feels chock full of story when it's all said and done.
In Inked, we meet Amanda and Nick. Two people that couldn't be more opposite in life that it isn't funny, however feel an instant attraction to each other when they meet. Amanda is twenty five, living on her own, making a living as a tattoo artist in a small beach town. Nick is on his way out of said beach town with his tail between his legs after being dumped by h
Sandy S
Jul 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
INKED is the second instalment in Sarah Darlington’s contemporary, adult KILL DEVIL INK erotic, romance series-a spin off from the author’s Rock Stars in Kill Devil Hills. This is twenty-three year old, marine biologist Nick Jasmine, and twenty-five year old, tattoo artist Amanda’s story line. INKED can be read as a stand alone without any difficulty. Any important information from the previous story line/series is revealed where necessary. Nick was first introduced in Never Trust a Rockstar (Ro ...more
Christi
Jul 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
🐢🐢 ARC BOOK REVIEW 🐢🐢

Title: INKED
Series: Kill Devil Hills Ink
Author: Sarah Darlington
Genre: Contemporary Romance, One-Night-Stand, Surprise Pregnancy
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐/5

I love Nick!! 😍😍 From the first time he was introduced in Crazed, I was intrigued by him, and I couldn't wait to dive into his character in Inked. Sarah did not disappoint with him. He still has that mysterious quality about him for most of this story, but once he let's you in, you have no choice but to love him even more.

"It's just..
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Heartbreak Me (Heartbreak Duet, #1)
  • The Varlet and the Voyeur (Rugby, #4)
  • Exquisitely Broken (Sin City Tales #1)
  • Confessions of a Bookaholic
  • Instinct (The Elite,#1)
  • Star F*cking (Evermore #4)
  • Kiss To Conquer (Blairwood University #1)
  • Hate the Player (Hollywood #3)
  • Ice on Fire: Knights of Silence MC Book 2
  • Here for the Seer (Supernatural Dating Agency #4)
  • Be Mine, King (The Crown Duet, #1)
  • Pawsitively Poisonous (Witch of Edgehill, #1)
  • Master, Yes (Unfaithful Wife Book 4)
  • The Bloodletters
  • Lacrosse Coach Daddy (Daddy Saga Book 12)
  • Legend (Queenmaker #1)
  • Now Open Your Eyes (Stay with Me, #3)
  • Santa's Stocking Stuffers
Subscribe to my newsletter for new release alerts: sarahdarlingtonauthor.com/cv

I'm Sarah Darlington. I write Contemporary Romance books that are both steamy and sweet, with a touch of agnst. I love creating book boyfriends you won’t soon forget.
My latest... Joe Coffee☕️

I’m a mom to two young kiddos, both on the spectrum, so my days are never the same and always busy.

📍Virginia