Start by marking “The Queen's Almoner” as Want to Read:
The Queen's Almoner

The Queen's Almoner

Published June 8th 2020 by Late November Literary

To ask other readers questions about The Queen's Almoner, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Queen's Almoner

Start your review of The Queen's Almoner
Brandy Ashley
Jun 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was intriguing and captivating! This was an amazing book. From page one, I was caught up in the story and couldn't wait to continue reading. I think in all, it only took about a week for me to read it in it's entirety....YES! It captures your attention so completely that you want to read to find out what happens next! It's a history lesson that truly teaches and captivates all at the same time. A true work of word art!
Sarai Henderson
Jun 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Historical fiction has a special place in my heart. Its right along side my Scottish heritage. So, when the two collide, I tend to fall hard. Brown has taken one of Scotland's infamous tragedies and turned it into a story full of love and pain, the lines that a good story is drawn on.

We watch Mary, queen of the Scots, through the eyes of the man who loves her, but could never be with her. If only he had, maybe things would have turned out differently. I ached for Mary and for Thomas as they wat
Tonya Mitchell
Aug 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a gem of a book! I enjoyed this riveting tale of Mary Queen of Scots and the author's re-imagined take on her almoner, a man who was more than a friend, but could never be her husband. The prose was evocative of the period and really showed Brown's skill in bringing the 16th c. to life. I found Mary to be a compassionate queen who was betrayed by the very men in her inner circle (and a manipulative queen) she came to trust. Hurray for this intriguing saga that had me up reading late int ...more
Sandra Cooper
Jun 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A well written book, that takes you back in time to when two great Queens ruled in a man's world. This book focuses on Mary Queen of Scots, the problems she encounters as a Queen unmarried, then as a Queen in search of a suitable husband, it reflects on Mary after she succeeds in finding this, it also reflects on her characters around her.
This book I found very hard to put down awaiting the next step as the story's unfolded.

Misty Wyatt
Aug 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shay Lee
Sep 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is riveting historical fiction. The main character is Thomas Broune, and he's an almoner to Queen Mary (of Scotland). The way the fictional story was weaved through historical events made it thoroughly enjoyable. The ending is a little sad, but we all know what happened to Queen Mary, so it's not exactly surprising.

Basically, I enjoyed getting lost in the world of 16th century Scotland.
Maria Myers
Jun 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A phenomenal historical fiction novel! It is captivating from the beginning to end. Every detail that was put into this story allows you to imagine yourself during that time period. You definitely won’t be disappointed!
Teresa Merckle
Jul 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The author pulls you back in time and makes you feel as if you are present for the story of Thomas Broune and Mary Stuart. The way the author tells of the ups and downs of their friendship keeps you turning the page and not wanting to put the book down! I highly recommend this book!
Lauren Baker
Jul 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Queen's Almoner will make you feel like you're in Scotland right next to Queen Mary with its beautiful detail to historical events. You'll get sucked into the story!
Deborah Buffalo
Jul 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a phenomenal book. I could not put it down. It grabbed me from the beginning. This writer pulls you into the book as if you are living it personally. Cannot wait for what she writes next.
Tracy Fee
Aug 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A nice mix of historical authenticity and fiction. A very easy read with a captivating story that kept me turning the page wanting to know how the story would unfold.
Shirley Eberts
Aug 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Well researched historical novel.

I recommend this book to everyone. Tonya Brown has written a story that takes you back to an interesting time in history.
Jill Yoder
Oct 01, 2020
joey
Oct 11, 2020
Tonya Ulynn Brown
Oct 11, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Barbara Shover
Oct 14, 2020
Marcia Burke
Oct 14, 2020

• The Unready Queen (The Oddmire, #2)
  • The Henna Artist
  • Fifty Shades Freed (Fifty Shades, #3)
  • The Lady of the Tower (The Lydiard Chronicles, #1)
  • Rooftoppers
  • Stamped: Racism, Antiracism, and You
  • Dating Makes Perfect
  • Wasteland (Children of D'Hara, #3)
  • Witch's Oath (Children of D'Hara, #4)
  • Defending Jacob
  • Warrior of the Altaii
  • All We Left Behind
  • Eclipse (Twilight, #3)
  • The Ghost Tree
  • The Case of the Somewhat Mythic Sword
  • New Moon (Twilight, #2)
  • Goblin King (Permafrost, #2)
  • Unorthodox: The Scandalous Rejection of My Hasidic Roots