Start by marking “Gio (The DelGado Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Gio (The DelGado Trilogy, #1)

Gio

(The DelGado Trilogy #1)

He has the money and she's driving the getaway car.

Gio DelGado, a mafia capo with money in the bank and a spotless record, has hit rock bottom. After the death of his mother, his best and only friend is a bottle of whiskey.

Then, she shows up.

Dressed in black and driving the getaway car of the men trying to rob his bar. For some reason, Gio decides to cut her some slack.

Ann

To ask other readers questions about Gio, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gio

Start your review of Gio (The DelGado Trilogy, #1)
Dora Koutsoukou
3 ❤️❤️❤️🌟s❣️

Gio caught Annie when a robbery she was participating in went wrong. The price Annie had to pay to Gio was to work for him.

This was a mafia romance read, but the mafia aspect of the story was scarce.

Gio and Annie’s attraction was insta and their relationship evolved rather quickly, emotionally and sexually. Also, some parts were rushed, needed further development and depth.

It was a quick and enjoyable read.
Athena D.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 4 STARS

Gio by Natalia Lourose is a MUST read and will join the ranks of the BIBLIO-ELITE!!!

Full review to come
Ana Manjić
Aug 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4-DB36-A88-D97-E-4-E9-D-BE6-E-F8-A12-BC7261-A

"You were something I never expected to have, something I never thought I deserved."

Annie walked into his world suddenly and unexpectedly and literally turned him and his whole world upside down.
A safe and sweet read that will entertain you, a romance between an alpha mobster and a sweetie who brought him to his knees.
Although it is presented as a mafia romance - the story itself refers more to their relationship while the mafia is in the background.
This is a book you take when you want to r
Andi Isack
Gio is a Mafia romance. But not really. I mean not 100%. The story's background is Mafia yes. But, I saw the hero not so dangerous. Like barking but not biting. I would have liked to see more of his bad guy side. Beside that, he knows how to make people obey him. Instead I like his way to protect the people who cares about. And obviously, seeing him on his knees for Annie. Btw, Annie. Her sass is captivating. Push Goo's buttons like no else.
I didn't feel like she ever hated Gio. She fears him,
Chrissy Russo
Aug 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another enjoyable mafia romance from this author. I liked that there was fear and tension between the MCs. I never enjoy it when it’s too easy between the hero and heroine, especially in the beginning of a story. I like when there is some tension and anxiety about how things are going to go and there definitely was some here. Annie was a good mix of strong and soft. Gio was tough without being over the top. I liked that the family played a part in the story and look forward to the rest of the si ...more
Ere Reviews
Oct 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked the book. It was a steamy, short mafia romance. I wish it was longer though, because sometimes i felt like some things were happening so fast. I am so excited to be reading Gemma’s story, as her character was one of the ones i was really drawn to.
Book_Echo
Two people from completely different worlds epically collide in this fast paced mafia romance!

Annie and Gio cross paths when they least expect it. They crash into each other's lives making both of them question everything they thought they wanted from life. I loved how Annie was driving the getaway car of a planned robbery on Gio's bar, it's so unique.

And what is supposed to be only a deal to work for him to pay a debt turns into more and it was amazing to see. I loved how they went from her hat
Roxiee Lovee
Jul 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“𝘠𝘰𝘶’𝘳𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘮𝘦 𝘎𝘪𝘰,” 𝘐 𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘩𝘪𝘮. “𝘈𝘯𝘥 𝘪𝘧 𝘐 𝘭𝘦𝘵 𝘮𝘺𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧 𝘤𝘢𝘵𝘤𝘩 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘐’𝘭𝘭 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘳𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳. 𝘠𝘰𝘶’𝘭𝘭 𝘧𝘶𝘤𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘳𝘶𝘪𝘯 𝘮𝘦.”
Oh my heart. Gio & Annie def have a part of my heart. They met under some odd circumstances but Gio liked what he saw. Their chemistry was 🥵. You felt it. Their relationship was raw and i truly loved it. When they hurt YOU hurt. When they loved YOU loved. I couldn’t get enough. & i May or may not have had some tears at the end.
Natalia really pulled at my heartstrings
Bookandcoffee_addict
Holy shit!!! I loved this book guys!!! I read it and couldn’t stop until I had read the whole thing ahah!!! 😂😂

This mafia romance is definitely one that is an easy read that has you hooked, and you can’t put it down. I think this is a classic mafia romance that everyone should read and had all the elements that I look for in a mafia romance book!! 😍😍🔥

I HIGHLY recommeend that you guys go and give this book a read if you love a mafia romance as much as me! I can definitely say that I can not wait t
Noelle
Aug 14, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Sweet mafia romance ^^

This was such a fun and quick read! I loved how much Gio cared about Annie's wellbeing from the start...you could tell he cared from the very beginning. I didn't feel like there was any huge conflicts in this story, at least between Gio and Annie...yes they both hesitated to accept their feelings for each other but neither one did anything ridiculous to hurt the other or have any huge factors preventing them from loving each other.

If you're looking for a quick and sweet
Sydney Milligan
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Gio is my first and definitely not my last read by this author. It is the first book in The DelGado Trilogy.

When Gio hits rock bottom he sees no way out. Then Annie walks into his life and changes everything. Their story is so good and it sucked me right in.

This is a well written mafia romance that I thoroughly enjoyed. Can’t wait to read more.
Reece Sharp
I really don’t know what to say, this book is completely what you would expect. If it is purpose and it was short and fun and cute. It got a little slow in the middle, and I kind of wanted to stop reading, but I kept on reading it because I was almost done. It was an OK book. Not too great in my opinion.
nour
Dec 28, 2021 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
DNF this book.

was cringing throughout the first 50% that i read.

absolutely hated every part of it.

this is a MAFIA book he is not supposed to be all lovey dovey to her tf? 😭

i wanted to give it a ZERO but that’s not possible so i gave it a one.
Natalia
Jun 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Safe and sweet!

Liked both MCs, the pacing was great!!!

Looking forward to Gemma story!
Anna Widzisz
Jul 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ahhh... I wanted to finish this book in one sitting. But instead was bound to enjoy it in a few parts. But nevertheless, I really really liked it. There's no doubt that Gio and Annie had feelings for each other, even if they were pushing them back.
My favourite, per usual, was Gian. I LOVE that guy and I simply can't wait to read Gemma's book and his own to have more of that guy. He's so intriguing that I NEED to find out more. MUCH MORE.
Julia
Jan 04, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gio 🔥

I love mafia romance and it's always great when I find new authors to read who write them! I really enjoyed this just the right mix of mafia life and romance. Gio is a dreamy mix of ***hole and caring and Annie has sass, vulnerability and a back bone to keep him on his toes. I really loved the other members of the Delgado family and the strong family bonds they all have. Looking forward to reading the next book!
Suzanne
Nov 27, 2021 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The concept and the beginning of this was fun, but it definitely fell flat. The side characters were all more interesting than the main duo. This book felt like it could have been accomplished in 70 pages but took 260ish.
Also I am gatekeeping enemies-to-lovers because this is instalove basically.
Laura Jackson
Aug 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book I have read by this author and I will definitely be reading more..
I received this book as an arc for an honest review and I’m so glad.. loved the story. I was so involved in it I hasn’t realized I had reached the end it was that good.
I think for a made man Gio has a very good heart. He could have killed her brother a hand full of times but he didn’t for her..it shows how much he loved her..
There are some really steamy sex scenes and they have amazing chemistry.
I love
Jess - Beauty.Books.Blackbelt
Let’s start with the basics:

Genre: Modern Adult Romance
POV: First person PRESENT from Gio and Annie
Smut: High - several explicit scenes
Language: High
Violence: Moderate
Ending: Happy
Triggers: Drugs, addiction, gambling, child neglect (through memories), and a few mentions of rape, criminal activity.

Quick synopsis: Annie’s family is a broken one. She’s a struggling nursing student, just barely making it through and recovering from the trauma that was her childhood, when her brother Johnny gets in a
Carol
May 26, 2021 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3 "very ok" Stars

I'm gonna be generous with my rating and give this one three stars even though as a whole it might've fell more to a two/two and a half star rating for me.

Final thought was I liked it. It wasn't great and it certainly did not stand out as far as mafia romance goes either. However it was interesting and kept me reading despite quite a few issues.

Major issues with editing almost ruined this for me. Maybe they were "major" but they were plenty and definitely frequent enough to be d
Aminah Ahmad
Feb 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, what a way to start this trilogy! This is a relatively quick mafia related romance, although it's not as dark as some others I've read. Gio's character was hot, he and Annie were such a good couple - I loved how Annie's little pockets of sass came out to play with him, and how Gio couldn't bring himself to not be sweet, albeit a darker playboy, with her.

Annie's character still had a backbone, underneath all the responsibility weighing down on her. I didn't think she was necessarily an 'only
Emily Kurosawa
Feb 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
**My review may contain slight/mild spoilers**

Gio is the first book in The DelGado trilogy; all novels are standalones each focusing on the DelGado siblings. It's fantastic read; it had me from the opening line. This book is a page turner; the plot is amazing as well as all the characters. You will find that, as you turn each page, it is action packed. You don't know what to expect!  There were a few plot twists that I didn't see coming! The ending was amazing! I'm a sucker for HEA. Natalia Lour
Tyler
Oct 30, 2021 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Annie Byrne is always putting those she cares about before herself. And like every time before, she can't say no to her troublesome brother, resulting in her behind the wheel of a get away car. Only this time...luck is not on Annie's side. How far is she willing to go to help her brother? And how much will her sacrifice truly cost her?

Gio DelGado, a mafia capo, has been drowning away his broken heart after his mom's death. Waking from another night of drinking, he finds his bar is being robbed.
RetroGirlReads
Feb 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Annie Byrne loves her little brother Johnny more than anything. So when he racks up a gambling debt of 50 grand, she is absolutely terrified for his life. Terrified enough that she agrees to drive his getaway car. The plan was simple - in and out. But what Johnny didn’t tell her is that the place he was planning to rob was a DelGado establishment. The DelgGados are at the head of the Providence Italian Mafia, and when Johnny’s plan fails, Gio DelGado offers Annie a choice - be at his beck and ca ...more
Claires Book Reviews  And Wine
A must read!

I have had this on my list to read for a few months now that the last I have had this on my list to read for a few months now that the last book in the trilogy is out I just had to read. Especially after being encouraged by friends and I'm so glad I did.

I love a hood Mafia romance and Natalia Laurose writing was a big hit for me.

Gio is going through a tough time when he meets Annie and you do feel for him. Even though he's obviously getting her into trouble you can see the spark wi
Mim
Nov 10, 2021 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
If you are looking quick read super easy predictable story with some smut this is for you.
But there is a but!

The plot what okay (predictable yes but idea fine) but implementation poor. There was no build up between MCs it was like "hi" and next "I want you" couple of scenes were they thought about each other but nothing between them before the bed. And first bed sceen was a mess! Cut right in the middle like what? I thought half of this books idea was smut and other is a actual plot? So if you
Rohini
Nov 29, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"She's innocent and pure I don't deserve her " Gio a mafia man who offers a deal to Annie for letting her live. He just wants to do something for her no questions asked to clear his brother's debt .
" Annie a kind hearted nursing student who just want to help people and care for them signs a deal with the devil to keep her brother's face"
But what happens when she ends up falling for the devil himself who is there for her being kind to her cherishes her .
Gio never thought he could stop drowning h
Erin Figueiredo
Aug 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sexy new trilogy!

WOW! I loved this story about Gio and Annie right from the very first page. Annie is a spitfire with tons of sass! She is fiercely protective of her brother and would do anything for him – even selling herself to the mafia. Gio is like Annie, he’s fiercely protective of his family, he’s loyal, strong and so damn sexy. The connection between Annie and Gio is instant. There are always sparks flying when they are together. Their sexual chemistry oozed off the pages and had me melti
Tīna Kristiāna
« previous 1 3 next »

• Relentless (Starcrossed Lovers Trilogy #3)
  • Sweet Surrender (King's Trace Antiheroes, #1)
  • Sweet Solitude (King's Trace Antiheroes, #2)
  • Soulless (Starcrossed Lovers Trilogy #2)
  • Kiss of War (City of Stars, #1)
  • Rule: The Finale (Black Hearts Still Beat Book 3)
  • Make Me Hate You
  • Vow of Hell (City of Stars, #2)
  • Sweet Sacrifice (King's Trace Antiheroes, #3)
  • Heartless (Starcrossed Lovers Trilogy, #1)
  • Mateo (Moretti, #1)
  • Daddy's Naughty Secretary (Suited Up Daddies, #1)
  • Skeleton King (The Dirty Heroes Collection #9)
  • Wicked Liar (Dark Syndicate, #3)
  • Requiem of the Soul (The Society Trilogy, #1)
  • Family (Academy of Misfits, #3)
  • Serenity (Red Door, #1)
  • Broken Knights (Gifted Academy #4)

Natalia Lourose writes angsty romance about broken people figuring out life and finding love along the way. Television and far too much smut as a teenager left her obsessed with dark-haired bad boys who are moody and wear leather jackets. Tucked away in her office with a dog at her feet, two cats on her keyboard, and husband doing something she is always writing something, or trying to.

She loves

The DelGado Trilogy (3 books)
  • Gemma: A Mafia Forbidden Romance
  • Gian (The DelGado Trilogy, #3)