Start by marking “Instant Attraction (Wilder, #1)” as Want to Read:
Instant Attraction (Wilder, #1)

Instant Attraction

(Wilder #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  10,541 ratings  ·  623 reviews
The first in a sensational new series, Jill Shalvis introduces Cameron, Stone, and T.J. Wilder—three bad-boy heroes who effortlessly mix breathtaking adventure and scorching sex appeal...

Get Wild... And Then Get Wilder...

Accountant Katie Kramer is a quintessential good girl—working hard, recycling diligently, all the while trying to ignore the feeling that she doesn't fit
Published February 1st 2009 by Brava (first published January 24th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Instant Attraction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Instant Attraction

really liked it 4.00  ·

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
4 Live life balls out Stars

*Mild Spoilers*

photo Two-Thumbs-Up-Gif_zps9kbo5yuq.gif

“I dreamed about living my life to its fullest. Balls out.” “You don’t have any.” “It’s a euphemism.”

So this is my first time reading Jill Shalvis and I loved it. Instant Atrraction, the first book in the Wilder series was awesome! This book has a little bit of drama, but for the most part it was a funny, light, sexy read!

What this book is about

At one time Cameron Wilder had it all. As a champion snow boarder he had money, fame, and the girl. Then he
Stacey is Sassy
Aug 20, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio, cont-series
description

Good, but it felt like Grandma was reading to me.

I am a huge fan of Jill Shalvis and have been for years. I read Instant Attraction a while back and really enjoyed it. Listening to it made me happy to step back into that world. Those Wilder men are irresistible.

While I thoroughly enjoyed the story, I did struggle with the narrator a bit. She sounds like a pack a day smoker and older than my mother. Listening to her in the sexy times was a wee bit weird. I also struggled when she changed the vo
Dina
May 20, 2009 rated it really liked it
The first book in the trilogy about the Wilder brothers - T.J., Stone and Cameron -, Instant Attraction was an enjoyable and easy read.

Cameron Wilder is the youngest of the Wilder brothers, a former Snowboarding Olympics and X-Games champion who "lost it all" when an accident ended his career one year ago. Used to the adventurous life and the adulation that came with his fame, he's having a hard time dealing with his current situation and doesn't know what to do with his life anymore. After spen
Auntee
Nov 01, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of contemporary romance
Recommended to Auntee by: JJ
Hmmn. It's going to be hard to decide what rating I want to give this book. It started out pretty promising--good girl accountant Katie Kramer has a life altering experience (being the lone survivor of a bridge collapse that killed 30 people) and now doesn't want to take life for granted. She wants to live her life "balls to the wall", as she puts it, wanting to experience things that she'd usually never consider, living one daredevil escapade after another. That's all she wants before she retur ...more
Julie (jjmachshev)
Nov 01, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2009-reads
Need a break from historical or paranormal romance? Like brooding, sexy heroes, humor, and spicy sex? Try "Instant Attraction" by Jill Shalvis.

Katie is the sole survivor of a horrible bridge collapse. Thirty people died, she alone survived. After her recovery, she's determined to live life 'full out'. So she gassed up her car and drove north. Now she's taken a temporary job at Wilder Adventures and Expeditions; and it comes with housing. The mountains are very different from LA and oh so beautif
Chan
Dec 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Okay...so I know the title is “Instant Attraction,” BUT I still felt like the MC’s attraction was...well, instant.

Katie, a number’s person, is looking for an adventure because of something that happened. She takes a leap of faith and takes a job in the middle of nowhere and meets Cam who is fighting demons of his own.

The setting was beautiful with the snow and cozy fires. The side characters even held my attention and had me wanting to know more about them.

This was a fun, cute read, but I was
Shawna
5 stars – Contemporary Romance

I didn’t know about this book until I read a couple of friends’ reviews here on GR, and I’m glad I gave it a shot because I was very pleasantly surprised by this delightful read. This is the second book that I’ve read by author Jill Shalvis, but I’m sure it won’t be the last.

“Instant Attraction” is the first book in the ‘Wilder’ series about three brothers (Cameron, Stone, and T.J. Wilder...gotta love those strong alpha names) who own Wilder Adventures and Expediti
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
⭐⭐⭐2.5 STARS ⭐⭐⭐

Well, I don't know what I expected from this book. I liked it, but I never connected with any of the characters...
I'm currently binging on Jill Shalvis, enjoying the hell out myself with her Lucky Harbor series. I thought I'd give a try at the Wilder brothers, expecting the same fun and light feelings...
It was different, but maybe this is just my current mood talking.

Miss Kim
Jan 26, 2009 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Miss Kim by: Auntee and JJ
Shelves: contemporary, 2009
This was my first experience with this author, and I was pleased. This is the first in a series featuring three brothers that run a sort of ‘extreme snow adventure’ business. They brothers are all big, sexy, brooding, outdoorsmen.

Cam was a famous snowboarder and Olympic champion until he suffered a major knee injury that ruined his career. He doesn’t know how to live without the spotlight, without boarding being the center of his world. He takes off on his own for about a year on a soul searchin
Quinn
Sep 13, 2010 rated it really liked it
Instant Attraction was my first read by this author, and it wont be my last. I’m always happy (and a little surprised) to find good contemporary romance (not chicklit), and despite the truly atrocious cover, this one delivered.

Katie Kramer was the sole survivor of the catastrophic Santa Monica bridge collapse that killed thirty people. After recovering, she feels compelled to live her life to the fullest and determines to find adventure and challenge herself. Her first stop is at Wilder Adventur
N.
Jun 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
omg

omg you guys

This book is so wonderfully warm and fuzzy and funny that I don't know what to do with myself other than squee in happiness because FINALLY! A book where I love the heroine, I don't want to murder the hero and the secondary characters are so loveable and relatable that I am actually having a hard time believing I found this. I even fell for the damn stray cat, Chuck! And no it has nothing to do with the fact that I've rescued two stray kittens this month.

Ok, maybe a little but Chu
Duchess Nicole
Jill Shalvis writes a sweet, sexy solid contemporary romance. There's nothing bad to say, really. It wasn't phenomenal either. But I never got bored, and I liked everyone involved in the story line. I could empathize with the H/h and their similar issues. And I got a few good chuckles:

"At the knock on his window, Cam nearly bashed his head on the roof. "Jesus."
"Who-"
"No idea-" Through the fogged windows he caught the tall outline of Stone.
Katie was working frantically in the opposite direction n
southpaw285
Jul 10, 2009 rated it really liked it
Katie Kramer is the sole survivor of the tragic collapse of the Santa Monica Bridge trying to learn to live her life “balls out.” Her first adventure lands her in the beautiful Sierras in Wishful, CA working for Wilder Adventures as an office temp.

Cameron Wilder was a professional athlete until an accident that cost him his profession. He has been on a year-long trek across the world, trying to figure out how to put his life back together. He's lost it all - his lavish lifestyle, his endorsemen
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Posted on Under the Covers

It is no secret that I adore Jill Shalvis and her work. So I decided to pursue her backlist when I needed something to cheer me up. I stumbled upon the Wilder series and knew right off the bat that it had all that I desired in a comfort read - Charm, snark, outrageous circumstances and last, but not least, a quirky heroine and a smoking hot hero.

Cameron Wilder used to be the golden boy. As co-owner to Wilder Adventures and Expeditions and an accomplished athlete, he has
Saly
May 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Jill Shalvis is fast becoming an auto-read for me, her contemporaries have so real and likable characters.
Cameron Wilder was a world-famous athlete before an accident when he lost his concentration, took it all away from him a year ago. He's been lost since flitting from place to place trying to find a way to live without something that defined him. Cameron was a result of his mother's infidelity so his father was cruel to him, it was only at the age of 8 when he went to live with his young aunt
Ami
Nov 23, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance

I bought this one because I just finished Jill Shalvis' My Kind of Wonderful (advanced reader's copy) a couple of days ago and I wasn't ready to say goodbye to her characters just yet. I saw few of my friends gave this series positive reviews, alongside SBTB that gave it a B+ review.

Unfortunately, I found Instant Attraction to having quite similarities with My Kind of Wonderful, except that I found myself liking Cam Wilder a lot less than I did Hudson Kincaid. The problem with Cam, for
Corrine
May 15, 2009 rated it it was amazing
There's not much to say about this book that hasn't already been said (I think I'm the last romance reader on the face of the earth to read it), but I loved it. I don't know that I've ever read Shalvis before, but she's hooked me. I loved Cam, I loved Katie, and I love the whole family. I think I have everyone's HEA's set (and can I say, I am soooo glad one of the brothers is not going to end up with Serena!). Can't wait for the rest of the series!
Cheri
Jul 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I cannot believe I missed reading this series! I really enjoyed this 1st book and am looking forward to the others. Love JS <3
Aly
Aug 19, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"LOCAL OUTDOOR ADVENTURE AND EXPEDITION COMPANY SEEKING TEMPORARY OFFICE MANAGER, ADVENTUROUS SPIRIT REQUIRED. CALL WILDER ADVENTURES FOR MORE INFO."

One week ago, Katie Kramer answered this ad and left L.A after a life-threatening accident for a new beggining in Wishful, a small town in the Sierras. Always on the cautious side before, she's now determined to live life to the fullest.

Cameron Wilder is no stranger to having your life suddenly turn upside down. Before an accident that almost cost h
Paige
Nov 10, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-books
I really enjoyed INSTANT ATTRACTION and I can’t wait to get into more of Jill Shalvis’ work. I’ve bought nearly all of her books and it’s just a matter of time. Something tells me I won’t be disappointed.

What I really liked about INSTANT ATTRACTION was that there was so much more underneath that made your heart ache. You wanted to constantly comfort them all, but at the same time kick their butts for being complete idiots.

The sole survivor of a bridge collapse, Katie Kramer is determined to li
Ana
Katie is a good heroine. After a traumatic event she decided to change her life completely and do all the things she was afraid of, to live her life full of adventures. I admire her for that. She planned to spend a couple of months working at Wilder Adventures and then move on. And then she met Cameron.

Cameron is an athlete whose life changed dramatically after an accident. He can't compete anymore and has problems dealing with that. He spent the last year wandering around the world, trying to "
Anna's Herding Cats

Reviewed for herding cats & burning soup. (posting 11/29)
Amazon: https://amzn.to/2IGkDvj

A wintry wonderland with a scorching hot mountain man who's a little growly but on board with dishing out some adventures? Um. Yes, please! Instant Attraction was a fun one.

The Gist: Needing an escape after surviving a disaster Katie lands at an outdoor adventures business. She wanted an adventure and oh she's gonna get it from multiple fronts including...one of the hot and oh-so-sexy owners.

I liked Kat
Leslie
Mar 15, 2010 rated it really liked it
Finally, a review. RL has intruded to the point where it's been hard to concentrate on writing reviews. I've been spending my online time blog hopping with the attention span of a two year old instead of writing. But I'm hopefully back on track with my first Jill Shalvis book. At least I think it is my first. She has a huge back list so I suppose it's possible that I read one of her earlier books but I don't think so. I would have remembered this author. I'm starting to wonder about this rumor a ...more
Kimberly
The sole survivor of a fatal bridge collapse, Katie Kramer resolves to live her life “balls out” from now on. Determined to live her life traveling from one adventure to the next, Katie finds herself heading from Los Angeles to the Sierras, where she takes a temporary job at Wilder Adventures as the office manager. Living in one of the Wilders’ cabins, Katie wakes up one night to find a mysterious, sexy stranger claiming she’s in his bed.

After a terrible accident took away the life he once knew
Danielle
Dec 16, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book in the Wilder Series and boy does it get off to a great start!

Katie Kramer is the only survivor of the tragic collapse of the Santa Monica Bridge. It her time to head off into the world and find some new adventures. It just so happens her first adventure lands her in the beautiful Sierras, working for Wilder Adventures as an office temp. But will she stay when things don't go as planned?

Cameron Wilder was snowboarding Olympic gold medal winner who was involved in an accide
valee
Nov 19, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cont-romance
Maybe it was that I just needed this very type of read at this very moment but I couldn't put it down, I loved every freaking page of this book. I know I just got into a cont-romance mood because this is the 3rd book in this genre I read in a row and I still can't get enough. I guess I just needed some cheesy-sweet-corny moments right now as I'm only getting tired and frustrated from too much work... **sigh... You know? this type of reads are just PERFECT for those moments, they help you forget ...more
Cathy
Oct 02, 2012 rated it it was ok
She wasn’t watching where they were going, but his face. His mouth. It was a really great mouth. Wide and firm but not too much so. She bet it’d be heaven on hers—
[...]
He looked his usual scruffy, solidly muscled mountain-man self, and gorgeous with it, of course. Not to mention his scent. Good Lord, that scent should be bottled and sold under the name IMPENDING ORGASM.

Okay, this kind of writing and descriptions only 5 chapters into the book when the male and female MCs have only spoken like 3
Christine
Sep 26, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
This is one of those books that mostly has good things going for it, but somehow the elements didn't come together for me. I liked Kate. I liked Cam. Each one had their own history, their own problems to deal with, their own healing to do. The writing style was light, not quite comical but approaching it (sort of tongue in cheek). The opening was great -- him walking in and finding her in his bed.

But I found myself bored by it all. I think the trouble is that the romance itself was so forced. T
LaFleurBleue
Jun 02, 2014 rated it liked it
A typical Jill Shalvis romance: easy to like characters, small town environment with quite a few secondary characters, fast paced story, relatively simple plot, a light-hearted tone and whatever the traumas the characters went through, a limited level of angst.
The mix works rather well here, though I could relate more easily to Cam's difficulties to adjust to a life in which he was deprived from what was his only real enjoyment and satisfaction. Katie's survivor guilt was in my opinion insuffic
D.B. Reynolds
Jan 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I'm on a contemporary romance kick and Jill Shalvis is a good place to start. Instant Attraction is the story of Cameron Wilder, bad boy snowboarder with a tragic past, and Katie Kramer an accountant with a tragedy of her own who's decided it's time to live with a capital L. This is a pretty standard boy meets girl plot, which means it's all about the characters and Shalvis does not disappoint. I thoroughly enjoyed spending time with Cam and Katie, loved watching them fight their demons to come ...more
Everything that was in this box I really 1 8 Apr 13, 2015 11:14PM
Have You Read All Three 2 28 Nov 03, 2014 01:07PM
Madison Mega-Mara...: Wilder series by Jill Shalvis 1 3 Feb 16, 2014 04:43PM

• Bring Him Home (Special Forces, #3)
  • One Good Reason (Adamson Brothers, #2)
  • Red Hot Renegade (Bennett #5)
  • Start Me Up (Tumble Creek, #2)
  • How to Get Over Your Ex (Valentine's Day Survival Guide duet)
  • Ashes and Wine
  • One Reckless Summer (Destiny, #1)
  • All He Ever Desired (Kowalski Family, #5)
  • A Night of Scandal (The Notorious Wolfes, #1)
  • Public Displays of Affection
  • The Trouble With Valentine's Day (Chinooks Hockey Team, #3)
  • The Disgraced Playboy (The Notorious Wolfes, #2)

Look for Jill's latest, LOST AND FOUND SISTERS on shelves and e-readers now, and get all her bestselling, award-winning books wherever romances are sold.

Visit Jill's websi

Wilder (3 books)
  • Instant Gratification (Wilder, #2)
  • Instant Temptation (Wilder, #3)
“Live as big as you can, with what you've got.” 39 likes
“Who’s there?”
“The scratcher of your itch,” he said.
She opened the door a crack and stuck her nose out. “Was that supposed to be romantic?”
34 likes