Start by marking “Emerging Butterfly” as Want to Read:
Emerging Butterfly

Emerging Butterfly

Constance Jones’s luminous debut is a harrowing journey to the limits of human endurance. Her singular story shows you that the path to love and acceptance may not present itself in the way you expect.

“Transformation is an inside job.” Constance was always a California dreamer, though her circumstances gave her no right to be. She grew up in 1980s San Diego as the fourth o
Paperback
Published June 2020 by Beautiful Sky Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Emerging Butterfly, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Emerging Butterfly

Start your review of Emerging Butterfly
Meyers Cooper Debbie
"A child should never have to choose between opening the door for her father and having her heart broken."

I've read several memoirs this year. Each one showing another aspect to life that I may not have been privy to. Each one I try to take a piece of their life experience and apply it to my own. I've learned from Constance's story that patience and perseverance can be the greatest assets to have in life. The struggles she endured growing up could have easily led to a different outcome but she d
Meghan
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library
This book was received as an ARC from Beautiful Sky Publishing in exchange for an honest review. Opinions and thoughts expressed in this review are completely my own.

Constance Grays Jones was born in California and raised to be a dreamer but when a tragic accident occurred almost fatal, Constance knew her life will never be the same. Constance reveals her secrets to saying positive ND discovered sunshine at the end of the tunnel even on the grayest of days . She still remains positive throughout
David Cai
Feb 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thank you for writing this book and sharing this amazing life story. I can think of multiple people in my life(myself included) that can really benefit from the uplifting spirit. All can draw inspiration and strength from this writing, especially in difficult times. Each of my kids will get their own copy when they leave for college. This book is a godsend. Constance is a godsend, for everyone who knows her.
Jackie
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thank you once again, Constance, for allowing me the opportunity to read your book before release.

I found your memoirs a truly inspirational read.

Constance has the amazing ability to draw you into her life and the events that occurred.
I was simply blown away by her strength throughout her memoirs and her teachings about life which are ones which will stay with you and have an impact throughout your own life.

Definitely a book to keep on your shelves to continually seek and find deep uplifting m
Cen-sational Reads
Wow just wow. What a great book. It was both funny and thoughtful in equal measure. Just and amazing piece of writing.
I throughly enjoyed this book and urge you to pick it up and read it.
Constance takes you on her journey and like her you don’t know which way things are going to go. So hold on tight and enjoy the ride.
Thank you to both NetGalley and publishers for giving me the opportunity to read this fantastic book in exchange for my review
ACME  TEEN BOOKS Kids, YA & NA Too!
Amazing! This book has completely left me verklempt. I was prepared to be bored as it is a memoir yet nothing could be farther from the truth! Awe-inspiring, heart wrenching and heartfelt, I read page after page with tears streaming down my face. Constance is an amazing person who managed to find the positive in all things. What a great example she is. Her book is one to keep on the family bookshelf as a reminder that all things are possible.

5 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

I gratefully received this complimentary c
Thewritersrampage
This was a fun read, I have no idea what to expect from it! But my gosh I didn't want it to end, I wanted to read more! An Emerging butterfly is fun and suspenseful! With a hint of romance blossoming, just loved it! ...more
Amanda Bradburn
Jun 15, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
To be honest, I'm not typically the type of girl who reads and enjoys memoirs. Non-fiction is hard for me to truly get invested in.

So imagine my surprise when I found myself binging this book. What really got me, from the very beginning, was the thread of pure hope that runs through these pages. Constance, while facing a very difficult childhood and early adult years, has this view of life that is simultaneously realistic and optimistic.

There are so many messages here that uplift, and give hope
Huiwen
Mar 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Constance’s life story reads like a gritty fairytale where the villains are abuse, betrayal, and loss, and princes aren’t always what they seem. Yet she has persevered to tell us about it, bravely sharing the details of what could have been many tragic endings. The strength she had to endure what she’s gone through and to come out the other side as a positive, well-adjusted human seems superhuman.

Emerging Butterfly was an easy read. I found the style to be engaging, as if it’s a friend telling y
Gillian
Mar 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've read a lot of books in the past and few have truly moved me the way this one has. Constance's journey from childhood to now is harrowing, inspiring, and moving. I related to her tumultuous childhood the most, having grown up with an emotionally abusive father as well. It helps knowing I'm not the only one to have had such an upsetting and difficult childhood.

I highly recommend people read this book even if their life is "perfect". It's a great insight into one woman's life and how she overc
Victoria Consuelo
“I am strong. I am powerful. I am more than my circumstances.” Emerging Butterfly by Constance G. Jones .

If you’re looking for a memoir about personal transformation from cocoon to butterfly, this is your book! I was so moved by Emerging Butterfly and the author’s way of conveying her journey: from a rocky childhood, the ups and downs of relationships, and her happily ever after. I really found myself relating to the author at different parts of her journey.
Romell Douglas
Mar 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great book. The book includes stories and experiences that are heartfelt and easy to relate to. The author was able to reach the readers’ emotions by explaining real life experiences that people go through. I liked that the book is touching and shows that life has a path. Her story is so uplifting, expresses that through good and bad, life has so much meaning and we are strong enough to overcome difficult experiences. It is a must read!
Nicole Roling
Mar 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm usually one to be skeptical of memoirs but wow - I could not put this down! I would highly recommend this book to anyone, as we can all relate to life's various struggles that sometimes seem impossible to overcome. Constance's ability to find a positive outlook in life is truly inspiring and I will definitely be keeping this book readily available for any time I feel stuck in a negative rut.
A huge thank you to Constance for sharing her story - I absolutely loved it!!
Angela Panayotopulos
An absolutely exquisite book about emerging through the darkest shadows of life by choosing to become better instead of bitter... a truly heart-wrenching, heart-warming, and all-around heartening memoir. I can't recommend it enough. ...more
Kathy Webb
Sep 07, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I won this Kindle edition book in a Goodreads
Giveaway. Thank you to everyone involved.
A wonderful heartfelt story!
Debbie Loader
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
If you want to answer the life question is it nature or nurture that moulds the child, read Emerging Butterfly and decide for yourself. A powerful and moving narrative that is told without drama but written in such a way you cannot help but be moved.

Yes I cried, as you read you will probably know exactly where. Like most of us she made decisions she regretted, she also had her choices taken away and decisions made for her but through it all what made her who she was shone through.

With thanks to
Leslie
I received Emerging Butterfly through a Goodreads Giveaway.

Constance Jones is a true inspiration. The vicissitudes of her life are so compelling, tragic, and heartwarming. What I admired most if how she kept going. Yes, she'd dwell, maybe she has regrets, but she kept moving forward, hopefully to better things.
Ivyanna
May 22, 2020
Kimberly Perez
May 26, 2020

• The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse
  • A Peculiar Peril (The Misadventures of Jonathan Lambshead, #1)
  • Loose Ends: Volume One
  • Acheron (Dark-Hunter, #14)
  • In the Dream House
  • The Year of Everything (Legends of Meager, #2)
  • The Book of Hidden Wonders
  • Global Career: How to Work Anywhere and Travel Forever
  • My Dark Vanessa
  • Yes No Maybe So
  • Measuring Up
  • The Inheritance Games (The Inheritance Games, #1)
  • Spindlefish and Stars
  • The Left-Handed Booksellers of London
Constance G. Jones is a San Diego native, an avid reader, and a storyteller. She earned her Bachelor’s in Management and Organizational Communications from Point Loma Nazarene University and has since worked in administration, public relations, and career services; most recently, she serves as a site manager at Walmart Global eCommerce. In 2016, Constance founded Elevate Foundation with her husban ...more