Start by marking “Destructive King (Mafia Royals, #3)” as Want to Read:
Destructive King (Mafia Royals, #3)

Destructive King

(Mafia Royals #3)

A mafia romance about love and loss by Rachel Van Dyken, the number one New York Times bestselling author of the Eagle Elite series.

…When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there. I did not die.
— Mary Elizabeth Fyre

"I'm sorry for yo
Published January 12th 2021

To ask other readers questions about Destructive King, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Destructive King

Start your review of Destructive King (Mafia Royals, #3)
Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
“Assassin. Mean. He was a god. King. Mine.”

The following ratings are out of 5:
Romance: ❤️💙💜💛💚
Heat/Steam: 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Story/Plot: 📕📗📘📙📔
World building: 🌎🌏🌍🌎
Character development: 👤👤👤👤👤

The setting: Chicago

The Hero(s): Asher Abandonato - the enforcer in the Abandonato Famiglia. Ash is the one charged with the protection of the family, of getting their enemies to talk and with killing them. Even when they are family that want nothing more than to get out of the life, but that wasn’t allowed because they kne
Ria  | Abstract ♥ Books

ALL MY REVIEWS CAN BE FOUND ON MY BLOG: ABSTRACT BOOKS

line

Web-Photo-Editor And she had peace.
I was a son of war.
The two would never… could never meet.”

There are Books that you are crazy about and then there are the ones that consume your whole soul , the books about which you think all the time and greedily eat all the crumbs the author throws at you about that said book. “Destructive King” was that book for me. So many years of reading books and I can assure you that I have never wanted a book as b
Sentranced Jem
Sep 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-2021

You have no idea how excited I was for Destructive King!
I knew Ash and Annie’s story was going to be hell..my kind of hell. A hell where emotions are high, the chemistry is off the charts, and the bonds of friendship and revenge are insanely addictive.

Asher Abandonato had already stolen my heart a long time ago. I knew this man would ruin me. No child of Chase Abandonato would just breeze past me and NOT LEAVE a lasting impression.

Having lost the woman he loved, Ash is misera
Lilith  Seven
THE REVIEW FOR THE BOOK: DESTRUCTIVE KING

GENRE: CONTEMPORARY MAFIA ROMANCE.
AUTHOR:Rachel Van Dyken
TYPE: BOOK #3 OF MAFIA ROYALS...
READING ORDER:
Royal BullyRuthless Princess (1)Scandalous PrinceDestructive King
POV: FIRST PERSON: MULTIPLE POV.
MY RATING: 4.5 " I AM ADDICTED TO THIS WORLD" STARS.

What a fantastic way to start your 2021...This book was my first read of this year and I couldn't have chosen it better. Rachel Van Dyken has truly left me tongue-tied and in a daze. Even after finish
Neshaisabookworm’s Book Review
I am a lucky bitch who gets to ARC read this before release day. This review is fresh from my brain after binge reading this book in a matter of hours. Please read with caution!

Holy fuckballs is this one a doozy!

I can’t tell you how many times I read it and went “oh fuck did that just happen?”

Rachel just keeps dropping bangers with this series! Each book is better than the last! More intense, more dark, more sexy, more blood, more betrayal, just MORE!

Ash and Annie are FUCKING PERFECT for each
Jessica Alcazar
LISTEN TO ME! fucking fuckery running amok HOLY BALLS!!

Okay, so obviously I'm a fan ... Also, I did a thing .. so when I got the email saying when this ARC would land on my kindle, I went back and reread Princess and Prince and OMG, it was an epic binge never to be topped by any other binge ever again. Amen.

Okay, I’m going to say a bit more about this story because, greatness.

First of all, can we chat about this cover? I mean … *blink* it is ridiculous in its on-point portrayal of Ash and I am i
Jan 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is everything I love about a mafia romance series! The cast of characters is addictive, and Ash Abandonato and Annie Smith were absolute perfection as the anti-hero and surprising heroine in this enemies-to-lovers story.

I have been anticipating Ash's story ever since the first book of the series. He is the bad boy King of the mafia royalty, and he acts every bit of his role. He is a bully, cruel and mean, yet will defend and protect his family to the death if needed. Although he does
Keri Loves Books
Emotionally battered but showered with love, this mafia romance is EVERYTHING! My favorite assassin gets his second chance at soul searing love. Tear out your heart, stomp on it, put it back together and repeat. His love isn’t pretty but it will consume you.

“Blood in, no out.” Once you are a part of the family, there is no escape. You’re either all in or you’re dead. And once your’re family, they will protect you with their lives.

Ash is still mourning the loss of Claire. When he lost her, he los
Escape into a Booksite
Shelves: kindle
*5 Stars*

ARC kindly received in exchange for an honest review.

I love RVD's mafia books. I finally caught up on them all in 2020, and have been reading each of these Mafia Royals books as they release. I can't get enough of this world.

I was really interested in seeing how Ash and Annie's story would play out. I always thought there was some interest there from both sides, but given what Ash has been through in the previous books, and his behaviour, I really wasn't sure how things could turn a
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
I love a love-hate, enemies to lovers relationship. It’s always angsty, passionate, volatile, with a touch of melancholy. Ash and Annie fit the bill perfectly. His destructive spiraling and revenge on Annie is mixed with secretive desire as well. Annie’s love for Ash is filled with guilt, compassion, and hate. Their pull towards one another is always blocked by a ghost of their past.

I loved every part of Ash and Annie. The author created fantastic banter that was vicious, empathetic, and humoro
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
➳ Rating: 5/ 5 stars

Damn. With each new book, Rachel amazes me more. Her plots are always so amazing, astonishing, mind-blowing, surprising and all that! I just love all the surprises and plot twists, specially the ones I never saw coming! There was plenty of that in Destructive King!

But you know what? This book was nothing like I imagined it to be! I thought it was gonna be incredibly sad and emotional, and it was at times, but that did not take over the book. I found it incredibly funny actual
Rachel
Jan 04, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ash Abandanto suffered a loss that took away all his light. His reaction to the grief is destruction - to himself and those around him. Though she didn’t cause his pain, something about Annie sets him off and she becomes a target that often sets him off.

Annie Smith lives with the Abandanto family under their protection after her adoptive family was killed. She isn’t confident in her place in the house, but is also watchful and sees things others miss. After nearly a year away from the household
Come_read_with_me_
5 stars

This isn't going to be a detailed review because there were A LOT of twists and turns and I don't want to give away any spoilers.

What I will say is, this is not a sweet happy book, it is intense, powerful and full of emotion. I laughed, I cried and I wanted to punch some of the characters but at the same time I fell in love with them.

Each chapter is unique and earth-shattering. Each character has their own secrets and passions. This book is a complete page-turner and I highly recommend
HeatherP
Jan 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
This book just consumed me whole. I felt everything from heartbreak to joy, it was all consuming and such a rollercoaster of emotions. I loved every minute of it.

We’ve been here before it seems, my Chase was drowning in it and crawled out of the ashes alive. Stronger. But this isn't that book, and Ash isn’t his father, and this isn’t the same ride. So strap in and get ready for the adventure. Say hello to my BF Chase while you’re there. May the odds be ever in your favor.

Welcome to the mafia. Bl
Michelle Abascal Monroy
Destructive King by Rachel van Dyken is the third book in the Mafia Royals series. And OMG if you have read the previous books, you know this series is sooo good!! BUT let me tell you something... YOU ARE NOT READY for the amazing that this book is!!

I don't want to tell anything about the book, so readers can enjoy it when they read it, but let me tell you something, the story is AMAZING, with some twists that you won't see coming but again is Rachel and if you have read her previous book you kn
BookSmackedMel
Dec 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I always get excited when a book from one of my favorite worlds lands on my kindle. This Mafia world that Rachel has built it one of those ones that I wish was real just so I could be a part of it, even if it is about the Mafia.

These characters are larger than life and I get absorbed in their stories. Destructive King was one of my most anticipated reads for the year. I knew Ash's story was going to be about loss, I knew his story would be full of heartache. I knew his character would be one th
PP's Bookshelf
With each new story, Rachel Van Dyken is taking mafia romance to new and unparalleled level of perfection. Destructive King destroyed my heart and rebuilt with lethal brilliance. Angsty. Soul shattering. Heart stopping. Jaw dropping. Sensational. And going stright into my top 2021 list!

Ash Abandonato is broken. Ruined. He lost his love and now he is on the path of demolishing himself and his family. But he is the king and his mafia family needs him. Annie Smith is the girl he hates with intensit
A Book Obsessed Brit
Rachel has yet again knocked my socks off with a book. Destructive King was everything I wanted it to be and more. I devoured it in one sitting and could not put it down! After reading the other books in the Mafia Royals series you have a strong sense of who Ash is and what we get in Destructive King is a very broken, lost man whose anger is driven by grief. After the moment between Ash and Annie at the end of Scandalous Prince I was dying to read their story and I could not be happier with how ...more
Melissa ~ Book Boyfriend and Husband Makes Three
Destructive King is my first read of 2021 and not only is it a top read of the year but also secured a spot on my all-time favorite list.

I’m not even sure where to begin, every book in this series pulls you deeper into the RVD mafia spell and Destructive King is woven with a spellbinding story that will keep you rooted to one spot until you have read every word.

Ash is undeniably a Destructive King; he is engulfed in an inferno of destruction and the only person to be able to extinguish it, is th
Brittany Elliser
Shelves: 2021-romance
Can I just say how glad I am that I started off the new year with this AMAZING book. It was an easy 5 star for me and I’ll tell you why.

Rachel knows how to write mafia. She has managed to write about killing, murders, and family drama with such finesse that you think you are reading an actual true story. She makes it seem like mafia life isn’t that bad, convince your husband to let you get a “Blood in, No out” tattoo and that you can somehow too join the crazy messed up family!

Ash has completel
Courtney
Jan 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5++++++++ Stars

RVD writes mafia romance like no one else. Just when I thinks he can't surprise me, break me or get any more created – she delivers another smashing story.

I had been vying for Ash's story since the start of this series. He is an alpha asshole but has to be to protect his family.

Annie was there when Ash lost Claire. She was there when he needed to get lost in his grief. And then she was gone only to return slightly different, yet still the same.

Rachel wove a story that is not on
Heather
Jan 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There are some books that speak to your soul on such a deep level. When you read it you just know it. This book was absolutely that book for me. I knew that Ash's book was going to be by far one of the most epic and heartbreaking books. What I didn't expect is it to speak to me on such a deep level.
Annie was the most beautifully written character. To add to it her strength was beyond what anyone ever expected of Annie. She is a true Mafia queen. She had so much loss and she fought so hard for h
Romance Me
Jan 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a perfect read to start my reading year with a BOOM!
My first read of the year and couldn’t have been a better one!
How Rachel Van Dyken does get better with each and every book she writes, it’s a mystery to me.
Believe me when I tell you, this is another one leaving you breathless and speechless.
It’s going to tear you apart and you won’t know if you get your pieces together again or not.
The story of Ash and Annie is heartbreaking to a point that makes you want to sit in a corner and cry all t
Marina Skinner
Jan 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG!
Destructive King! The queen of mafia has done it again.
A riveting, unputdownable story that keeps you on the edge of your seat!
I was hooked from the very beginning. It kept me guessing, wondering, hoping....but in the end, you have no idea AT ALL!
There is just something about the story that captivates your attention. The characters, their blood thirsty reactions, their unique sense of family.
Every word, every moment strikes a chord. Their love for their family and the secrets they hold. OMG
Lori K
Jan 04, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC in return for my honest opinion.

Mafia sweet. That’s about as accurate as I can come up with as a way to describe this book.

I wanted to love this book. I wanted it to grab ahold and not let go like a roller coaster when it drops you on the first big hill. And you think it’s never going to even out. But what happened was I jumped on hoping for that huge drop and got the tick tick tick of the big hill but not drop. In all honesty I think I keep comparing it to Ruthless Princess a
Crystal
Jan 01, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020, december2020
Annie is absolutely AMAZING. Ash is a complex and interesting character. This was a good story, which led to some reveals that were not surprising (the story led to them from the start). One was heartbreaking while the other just reinforced how I felt about another character from previous books.
KeelyReadsRomance
I’m kind of speechless at the moment. I just finished reading this and I knew Rachel was gonna drop some bombs but I didn’t expect that many! I have had my suspicions about Claire and I’m glad some of them were validated. 💅🏻 Ash’s growth and development from Royal Bully to Destructive King was massive and I loved his story. He came into his own and realized his purpose and his true love. I loved Annie, she was quietly strong and perfect for Ash. I can’t say too much because I don’t want to give ...more
Living My Best Book Life
Destructive King is ADDICTING from start to finish. Rachel Van Dyke is the queen of mafia romance and she doesn't disappoint with book 3 in the Mafia Royals series.

Ash Abandonato is a monster. He is ruthless, an assassin, and destructive. He has to be that way to protect his family and has gladly accepted that role since he was young. He was so used to being the person who did the dirty work and picked up the pieces, but when his world was crumbling after the death of his fiance he was spiralin
queen_of_the_books_18
Jan 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Until the stars fall.

The mafia Queen Rachel Van Dyken is back bringing us all of the laughs, heartbreak and plot twists!

Destructive King is book 4 in her Mafia Royals series, the next generation for all of you who have read her Eagle Elite series.

Love is war. Get ready to battle.

This is Asher and Annie’s book. After reading Royal Bully and the books that followed I knew that Ash was going to break me. He was grieving, lost and so broken. He didn’t know how to go on until Annie came into his li
Krystal
Jan 06, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Full disclosure, this was the book I was least looking forward to. As someone who lost their husband almost two years ago and still doesn't feel "recovered", I was sure I was going to hate this book, and hate Ash.

And I did. Well I hated Ash anyway. He was a total jerk. He treated Annie like crap constantly pulling her close only to push her away again. There were some things that he did that had me shaking my head because even for him it seemed entirely too cruel.

But you know what? His reactio
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Mafia Casanova
  • Until Trevor (Until, #2)
  • Until Lilly (Until, #3)
  • Until Nico (Until, #4)
  • The Stud Next Door (Frisky Business, #3)
  • A Co-Worker's Crush (The Rooftop Crew #6)
  • Until November (Until, #1)
  • Reputation (Mason Family, #2)
  • Silver Lining (Diamond, #3)
  • Only One Night (Only One #3)
  • Change My Game (North Haven University #2)
  • The Strike Out
  • The Relationship Pact
  • Clarity
  • Aiden (A Next Generation Carter Brother #2)
  • Faith (A Next Generation Carter Brother #1)
  • Waiting Game
  • A Bridge Between Us
Rachel Van Dyken is the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today Bestselling author of regency and contemporary romances.

Hey guys I'm rarely on Goodreads, if you need to reach me feel free to email!
EMAIL ME: rachelvandykenauthor@gmail.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rachel-...

Mafia Royals (4 books)
  • Ruthless Princess (Mafia Royals, #1)
  • Scandalous Prince (Mafia Royals, #2)
  • Fallen Dynasty (Mafia Royals, #4)