Start by marking “Buried Vapors” as Want to Read:
Buried Vapors

Buried Vapors

When Ian arrives in the City, he reminisces about a time when he was a boy, staring at the stars. Now, as a young man, he wanders aimlessly through work, a budding romance, and the subway, his smartphone in hand, feeling lost.

That is, until he stumbles upon something different: the dreams of strangers. Mesmerized and enchanted, Ian follows his curiosity but quickly finds
Paperback, First Edition, 239 pages
Published July 7th 2020 by Novel Novels LLC

To ask other readers questions about Buried Vapors, please sign up.
Matthew Kesselman Wow what a great question, Matthew. So wise. To discover more on Buried Vapors, I encourage you to visit my YouTube page (Matthew Kesselman), and in p…moreWow what a great question, Matthew. So wise. To discover more on Buried Vapors, I encourage you to visit my YouTube page (Matthew Kesselman), and in particular the "Buried Vapors" playlist.

There's some tidbits of information there that I believe you'll enjoy.

By the way... you look awfully familiar.(less)

Start your review of Buried Vapors
Matthew Kesselman
Jun 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Nathan
Aug 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Cherry Jung
Nov 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Kesselman’s succinct descriptive prose can be easily followed on a sentence-by-sentence basis. Readers can move with the main character’s internal thoughts, physical movements, and even his step into his surreal dreams and perspective into another dimension.

I also appreciated the intentional structure of chapters and the flow of storyline. The main character’s dreams are intertwined between chapters, bringing a vicarious ability to follow and understand his daily rhythm of dipping in and out, f
Christine Hunter
Jul 20, 2020 rated it liked it
Ian has dreams. Weirdly real dreams that he remembers with clarity. However, those dreams feel like a bad LSD trip. The book vacillates between esoteric and reality. It's a little hard to keep track. Consequently, in his reality, he becomes a total ass to everyone who cares for him. Did I like the book? Not really. I gave it three stars because it is well written. I'm not talking plot points or character development. I'm talking about painting with words and some of those are beautiful. I would ...more
Liza
Oct 11, 2020 rated it liked it
Disclaimer: I received a free copy of this book for an honest review.

The book is well written and is quite beautiful at times. It tells the story of a young man finally out on his own in the world, and how he starts to have weirdly vivid dreams. This end up making him despondent as he tried to figure out what everything means, and basically ignores all of this relationships. While the writing was well done, I personally could not get into this book. It just wasn't for me personally, however I st
Michael
Jun 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
“Buried Vapors” is a wonderful slow burn, both beautiful and unnerving. Somehow Kesselman makes this strange and unexpected twists ratable and accessible. As you observe Ian progress / regress, you can feel him learning more about himself but becoming less interested in his daily reality. And what’s more, you empathize with him. A truly compelling story masterfully told.
Lexi
Aug 22, 2020 rated it liked it
I thought the concept of this novel was interesting, I found it hard to really get a hold of what was going on because the prose is quite unnecessarily wordy.

I will say though, the author was selling his book on the beach, and came up to me and asked if I wanted his book, and I appreciate the effort that this took!
Rebecca
Jun 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
You’ll never look at a secondhand mattress the same way again.
This is a vivid, surprising, and creative story. Matthew Kesselman is definitely a novelist to watch! I’m excited to see what he writes next.
Xavier Xanthopoulos
Feb 03, 2021 rated it really liked it
The book was very immersive. Got recommended from reddit and I do not regret it. Took me longer than I would have wanted it to, but I still completed the read and it was worth the experience.

Would recommend a try.
Alexander
Jun 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An eclectic, compelling, and refreshingly real work, “Buried Vapors” kept me intrigued throughout. I would describe this book as a slow burn with an exciting and slightly unsettling crescendo.
Kate Kesselman
Jun 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love surrealism and magical realism! I think this book did a great job at reflecting the lost journey of the Millennial and Get Z generation. Now I have to contemplate life.
Ellen
is currently reading it
Jul 12, 2020

• My Brilliant Friend
  • Devolution: A Firsthand Account of the Rainier Sasquatch Massacre
  • King's Cage (Red Queen, #3)
  • Dear Edward
  • Anthem
  • The Stone Sky (The Broken Earth, #3)
  • The Bride Test (The Kiss Quotient, #2)
  • Red Queen (Red Queen, #1)
  • Over the Top: A Raw Journey to Self-Love
  • Cibola Burn (The Expanse, #4)
  • Bakewell Tart Bludgeoning (Albert Smith's Culinary Capers #2)
  • The Sympathizer
  • Glass Sword (Red Queen, #2)
  • I Know This Much Is True
  • No Name for the Free
  • Phoenix Rising; Anunnaki Wars
  • The Crimson Inkwell: A Gaslamp Trinkets Novel (The Luella Winthrop Trilogy, #1)
  • Killing Beauties
I am from New York City.

After studying Commerce at the University of Virginia, I decided to write novels.

To learn more about me, please subscribe to my YouTube channel (Matthew Kesselman) or visit https://matthewkesselman.com.

Enjoy!