Start by marking “Silence in the Stone (The Lost Pharaoh Chronicles, #4)” as Want to Read:
Silence in the Stone (The Lost Pharaoh Chronicles, #4)

Silence in the Stone (The Lost Pharaoh Chronicles, #4)

Reborn, General Horemheb, stakes his claim to the throne and takes his final revenge.

Receiving the crown with his queen Mut by his side, Pharaoh Horemheb knows all should be well in a flourishing and peaceful Egypt. Yet, the position of Pharaoh is skirted and dishonored. The Amun priesthood suffers fear and restraint from the people who now know their past corruptions.

How
Published June 7th 2020 by LLMBooks Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Silence in the Stone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Silence in the Stone

Start your review of Silence in the Stone (The Lost Pharaoh Chronicles, #4)
Joy RS
Jun 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A unique and successful blend of fact and imagination, this is another excellent book in what I hope is an endless series about ancient Egpyt and its royal households. The era comes alive in a way I haven't experienced since Wilbur Smith's River God. The author knows her Egyptology, which gives her settings an authentic feel, even though the books are novels. This one is a story of the pull between harsh duty and the importance of history and is all the more poignant because of the author's pass ...more
Adrian Murphy
Jun 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Book four in the series continues with more of Pahwah's machinations to seize the throne and become Pharaoh.

This latest installment should appeal to readers of historical fiction. The author brings ancient Egypt to life with vivid detail and drama. She clearly loves her subject matter and has done her research well.

On one level this is an exciting tale of plots and murder. But behind the intrigue there is a compelling human story of pride, greed, lust and loneliness.

Does Pahwah finally triumph o
Dorcia Beland
Jun 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ms. Merewether is one of those authors where you read a sentence or a paragraph that touches your soul and you sigh. I have enjoyed this series tremendously and I'm a bit sad this is the final book. The character development is outstanding. The story is compelling. All-in-all it is a great read. If you love history and historical fiction, this book is for you. I highly recommend it. ...more
Kimberly C.
Jun 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yet another solid installment in this fabulous historical fiction series. Just like the previous books in the series, this novel is well written and meticulously researched. It’s clear that the author really knows her stuff when it comes to ancient Egyptian history, yet she also succeeds in telling a gripping story filled with interesting characters. I had a hard time putting this book down!
Susan Piazza
Jun 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
For those interested in Ancient Egypt or those looking to read something filled with love, hate, murder and conspiracies, this book is for you. The New Kingdom, the 18th Dynasty, of which this series deals spans from 1550 to 1293 BC. During this time Pharaoh Akhenaten, born Amenhotep IV, ruled with his wife Queen Nerfertiti.

Akhenaten, the heretic Pharaoh, and his wife instituted a religious revolution. Instead of following long established practices Akhenaten decided that the only gods the Egypt
A. Cheney
Jun 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another masterpiece

Ms. Merewether has done it again. Such wonderful stories backed with solid research. I could only imagine how long it took her to weave this beautiful series.
Sylvia Lee
Jun 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Again, this author never ceases to amaze me with her very creative writing skills. I feel as if I am living during that time period. It is very hard for me to imagine that a man can be so evil as Pawah, even during that time. But, it all ties in eventually.
I am a historian that loves Egyptian history and if you share this interest, you would enjoy this last book of the four-volume set of the Chronicles.
Subrata Chakraborty
This is the last book of four book in “The Lost Pharaoh Chronicles” series authored by Lauren Lee Merewether. In this series she talks about a period in New Kingdom of Pharaonic Egypt where Dynasty 18 rulers - Amenhotep-III, Akhenaten, Smenkhare, Nefertiti, Tutankhamen, Ay, Horemheb ruled the unified Egypt. This is somewhere about BC 1390 – 1295. Once Horemheb became Pharaoh he decided to erase from Egyptian history the records of Akhenaten to Aye to banish the cult of Atenism, so a lot of detai ...more
Em
Jul 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! They just keep getting better! Revenge. Rebirth. Recanting historical records... So great! These stories are fascinating--and a bit chilling that so much of this is based on actual historical data, that many of these things actually happened? It's kind of surreal. I'm impressed by the amount of research that must have gone into recreating this series of events--and I have a new respect for ancient Egyptians and Egyptology. A great series. ...more
Corina Douglas
Sep 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A satisfying, authentic and emotional conclusion to an amazing series

Wow! Mereweather has crafted an emotional conclusion to the finale of The Lost Pharaoh Chronicles. Rather than gloss over the ending that we knew was near, she enriched and deepened the story with an emotional account of not only the main character, Horemheb, but also his wife, Mut, as well as all the other key characters that have played a part throughout the story. The ending felt real and authentic and was given the justice
KYS
Oct 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this book! I couldn't put it down, and I really enjoyed the story. I purchased her first two books because I loved this one so much. ...more
Andrea
Jul 19, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Terrible. Just dreary and unhappy dialogue and memories from miserable people who were supposedly duped and tortured for decades by a homicidal psychopath. The villain in these books was a stereotype of Jafar from Disney’s “Aladdin,” and while we all know people like this exist, (ahem, it IS 2020) I was unable to suspend my disbelieve long enough to think Pawah wouldn’t have been dispatched immediately the very first time he seemed a threat to the royal house of Egypt.

Seeing the great queens of
Ambita Chenai
Mar 19, 2021 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Read the first in the series with interest, the second was a drag, the third, I flicked through as it was boring and repetitive and this, I couldn’t read after flicking through a bit. Just awful.
Walter Illes Illes
Oct 14, 2020
Michelle Hanson
Oct 10, 2020
« previous 1 3 next »

• Legacy of Ra (Blood of Ra Book Three)
  • The Field of Reeds (Imhotep #4)
  • Heir of Ra (Blood of Ra Book One)
  • The Forest of Myrrh (Imhotep #3)
  • Glass Stars
  • The Buried Pyramid (Imhotep #2)
  • Pharaoh's Bride
  • Eye of Horus (The Amarna Age, #3)
  • Suti and the Broken Staff (Suti the Scribe, #1)
  • Queen of Egypt (The Amarna Age, #1)
  • The First Pharaoh
  • Imhotep (Imhotep #1)
  • Eve of the Pharaoh (Era of Shadows #1)
  • Daughter of Ra (Blood of Ra Book Two)
  • Son of the Hittites (The Amarna Age, #2)
  • Echo (Breakthrough Book 6)
  • By a Thread
  • Primordial Earth #1 (The Extinction Series)
"My mission: resurrecting the past one tale at a time." ~Lauren Lee Merewether

Lauren is a historical drama fiction author and loves to learn about other worlds and civilizations. Bringing the world stories forgotten by time, Lauren lives to breathe new life into lost people as characters who love and lose, fight wrong with right, and feel hope in times of despair.

A lover of ancient history where m

News & Interviews