Start by marking “Wild Embrace” as Want to Read:
Wild Embrace

Wild Embrace

(Wilder Irish #11)

Love is full of bad clichés.
Falling for your boss.
The widowed dad and the nanny.

How did Darcy manage to find both of them in Ryder Hagan?

His broken heart and wounded pride means he only sees her as an employee in his company and part-time caregiver for his sons.

Until another cliché surprises them both:
The old broken elevator trap.
And the wild attraction he’s kept buried b
Published October 6th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Wild Embrace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wild Embrace

Start your review of Wild Embrace
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Amazon / Apple Books / Amazon Worldwide / Nook / Kobo

Armed with amazing examples of love (her Pop Pop, her parents, etc.), Darcy knows from a young age that she wants that kind of love in her life when the right man comes along.
"Never settle for a man who doesn't realize exactly how special, how extraordinary you are."
She takes her Pop Pop's words to heart, wants her own Prince Charming, so why then does she give her heart to the one man whose own heart is not open to love?

Ryan
Fedora
Sep 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wild Embrace by Mari Carr is the eleventh in her delicious Wilder Irish series, spun off from the original Wild Irish series, all set in Baltimore at Pat's Pub, with the loving and compassionately wise Pop Pop still at the heart of everyone's business ;)

Darcy Young has always believed Pop Pop's vision for love, so the so-called Collins Curse really does feel like one when her heart sets itself on Ryder Hagen before she's even old enough to legally drink. She's never noticed the nearly decade age
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
And, again, I get to extol the virtues of reading a book by Mari Carr about the Collins Clan. What I am afraid of is that she’s running out of characters in the Collins family and will be ending this wonderful, exciting, beautiful series soon.

Darcy and Ryder were wonderful. The Collins Curse struck again. Unfortunately, Ryder knew nothing about the curse but swore she put some kind of a spell on him. Little did he know.

I’m not going to get into the full plot of this story. It’s too good to give
Pop Pop strikes again! I swear, that old man is one of my favorite characters of any book I've ever read! But really, this is a sweet story about reclaiming life after tragedy, moving on, and finding out that the future is independent of the past! It's definitely one that tugs at your emotions, and one that I'd recommend to anyone!

Darcy is one of my favorite type of female characters. She knows who she is, what she wants, and what she is worth. She has had excellent examples of true love, and kn
Tamara
Sep 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2020
Always a great read when we return to the Collins Family!

This time it's Darcy's turn with Ryder, her "boss" (really her boss's boss), who she babysits for, whom we met in Yvonne's & Leo's book, Wild Spirit.

Loved seeing Ryder get over his anger for the secret he held & Darcy looses her v-card.

As always love the vinettes with PopPop!
Jenna
Sep 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely LOVE a head strong woman that goes after what she wants.
♡Darcy & Ryder ♡
This family, this series ... feels like home!
Kay Daniels (Kay Daniels Romance)
In 2020 when visiting loved ones and having large gatherings is impossible I love revisiting the Collins family. Over the years as my own family has been shrinking  due to distance or death I love slipping into these worlds where large families exist. I love enjoying the chaos that comes from all the relatives and more than anything I love sitting down and getting advice from Pop Pop.

Darcy Young has been waiting for perfect love her entire life. Stories that her Pop Pop, her parents, and the re
Evita
Oct 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
How awesome it is we get to visit the Collins Family, from Pop Pop to Padraig to Bubbles. The Collins are a family that loves with their whole being, and has each other’s back.

Darcy was stricken with the curse at age 20 but it took some years before it came to fruition. She fell hard for Ryder, he fought that attraction, she was tenacious. Oh my, what a wild (pun intended) ride went through as they give in to that attraction.

The biggest part of the story was about trust, she unequivocally trus
Reading  In the  Red Room
Sep 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is book 11 in the Wilder Irish Series. I have Loved every book in this amazing series. I swear This family gets better with every book. Ryder is a widower and a devoted father who has guilt and unresolved feeling for his deceased wife. Darcy has a major crush on her new boss Ryder. In fact she has had that crush for over 3 years. Feelings that developed while being a babysitter for his son. Ryder and Darcy final have a chance to not only act on the feelings they have for each other but expl ...more
Dar
Shelves: 5-star-reads
Darcy, well Darcy was everything that is good about the Collins family, sweet, energetic, open, honest, stubborn, determined, and a hopeless romantic. The Princess Bride references alone are enough to have you swooning and aww’ing with her. Realistic and a dreamer, this woman knows her mind and heart, and will settle for nothing less. She embraces life to the fullest and with joyful abandon. Ryder is the opposite of all these things, so he thinks, and life has dealt him a rough hand. He has need ...more
Katherine
Oct 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
When the chemistry jumps of the page and hits you in the heart just as much as the characters you know you are in for one hell of a wild embrace.....

The family is back in all its beautiful messy chaotic glory and while you can read this as a stand alone it is definitely better read in order.
Lynne Cuda
Sep 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh, she's done it again! I cannot get enough of Mari Carr and the Collins family. This book is about Darcy, one of the youngest Collins grandchildren, and the one Pop Pop feels is most like his beloved Sunday. The cousins talk about the Collins curse, which is when they meet their true love, they fall hard and fast, no matter what age they are. Darcy was 20 when she fell for widower Ryder as she babysat for his son Clint and stepson Vince. Even though Ryder was 10 years older (remember age makes ...more
Sharon Moritz-rosenthal
Oct 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received a free ARC copy of this book from the author prior to release and am voluntarily leaving a review.

Wild Embrace by Mari Carr is the 11th book in her Wilder Irish series, spun off from the original Wild Irish series, all set in Baltimore at Pat's Pub with children from the couples featured in the original series. This is Darcy's story and she is one of the youngest cousins.

I have not read every book in this series, some feature MMF and I am not into those stories. But this one while it
Bibliophagist
Oct 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing

I love Mari Carr's Collins family series. From the Wild Irish series to the current Wilder Irish series with the kids, I enjoy reading these books.

Pop is the head of the Collins family, he and his wife, Sunday, moved from Ireland and opened a pub. Pop is a permanent fixture at the bar and is always available for to tell a story and hand out sage advice.

This is Darcey and Ryder's story. Darcy is 24 and works as a graphic designer at the same company as Ryder. He's the boss. Darcy is a hard worke
Sofia Lazaridou
Oct 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Wild Embrace is the 11th book in the Wilder Irish series by Mari Carr and it's a stand-alone (-ish, if you ask me and you will find out why below). I really don't want the series to end because I love these books. Pop-pop once again stole the show and he is easily my favorite character. He always has some words of wisdom to share with us and he was great in this book.

I have to admit that I didn't love Wild Embrace as much as I have loved all the other books in the series so far. There was somet
Sunny Shelly Reads
3.5 Stars

Ryder has just been going through the motions ever since his wife died, leaving him the single dad of two young sons. (Well, not completely, since his roommate Leo is the dad of his stepson and they live as an unconventional kind of family unit with Darcy's cousin, Yvonne). Anyway, Ryder has pretty much closed himself off to everything. Darcy has been in love with Ryder for years, but he only sees her as his employee/sometimes babysitter. Getting stuck together in an elevator opens up R
BookAddict
Oct 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Holy scorching chemistry, my Kindle just melted! This is my first book by this author, and I’m head over heels in love with the big, loud, messy, Irish Collins family. More! I need more!

Darcy is young and inexperienced but the Collins curse has hit her. She’s fallen in love quickly, absolutely and irrevocably. Ryder Hagen has always seen Darcy as his son’s babysitter, but all that changes when they get stranded in an elevator on Halloween. That doesn’t exactly change anything in Ryder's mind bec
Angi
Made me cry happy tears

We all grieve differently and Ryder has had a hard row to hoe after his wife's death. Because relationships are never simple and sometimes we discover we don't know as much about it as we think. Ryder is blindsided in more ways than one by his wife's death and it leads to him shutting down and living in the darkness of isolation to protect his heart. But the dark isn't a permanent solution.

Darcy has a light that shines from within and when fate steps in, she's set on a co
Kari Hansen
Oct 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Darcy is a woman who embraces life and love to the fullest. She knows that her happy ever after is out there and she knows the man she is destined to live it with even if he doesn’t realize it. After the loss of his wife Ryder is focused on his business and his sons and isn’t interested in experiences the elation and devastation that love brings.

All it takes is being stuck in a confined space with Darcy for Ryder to finally see her as a woman and not his employee. All he wants to do is rewind a
Julia
Oct 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wild Embracce is a great addition to the Wilder Irish series. Darcy has grown up listening to PopPop's stories of true love. When she was twenty she was hit by the Collins Curse. She found the one but he was a recent widow, ten years older, and her employer. Darcy has had feelings for Ryan since she began babysitting for the widower. Four years later, she is now working for the same company his is and is still babysitting his son. When they get trapped in an elevator at work, a bottle of vodka a ...more
Kai
Sep 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC for an honest review of this book.
Mari Carr has done it again! Wild Embrace is filled with love, passion, conflict and resolve.
Her Wilder Irish series proves that the next generation in the Collins Clan is just as passionate and wild as their parents. Darcy has a thing for Ryder and she has it bad. She wants it all - her prince charming, romance and a bit of kink. Ryder has issues of his own - trust and romance are not at the top of his list, however, kink is.
Darcy and Ryder's
Cindy Fong
Oct 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
As I close this story, I have a smile on my face. Darcy and Ryder were meant to be together and Darcy had enough tenaciousness to stick around long enough for a chance. A power outrage, stuck in an elevator and on the verge of a panic attack, Darcy forces the longest conversation she has ever had with Ryder and creates a crack in his iced over heart. The Collins clan is fun and you should expect the unexpected in every story in the Wild Irish series. This story is sweet and sexy with the right a ...more
Rosanna
Oct 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was the first book i read from this author and i thoroughly enjoyed it!
Set in a big family setting where everyone knows everyone's business. That's how tight they are as a family.
Darcy is quite a bit younger than the gorgeous widowed Ryder. But that doesn't stop her from falling head over heals for him over the years.
Ryder's life was thrust upside down 4 years earlier when his wife died and he was left mourning with a 7 year old son and a step son.
Darcy has been patient with Ryder after al
A
Sep 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Mari Carr has done it again. Wild Embrace is a wonderful story for Darcy and Ryder. In adore the Collins clan! Darcy is such a fun, free spirit. Ryder is Mr. Responsibility. Darcy has to use her social skills on Ryder when the Collins curse hits her. Their relationship gets a jump start when they get stuck in an elevator together. Wild Embrace is steamy and spunky. I couldn’t put it down. Don’t miss this fabulous story!
lowkeyreader
Oct 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this one! I enjoyed it even more because Darcy is so fearless and she goes for what she wants. And that's Ryder, a jaded guy who's 10 years older than her and probably only saw her as a his sons' babysitter. She had a crush on him since the first time he saw her and now that she's an adult, maybe she could make him see her differently. But it's hard when the guy is so persistent to resist her..

You can never go wrong with a Mari Carr story. There are so many emotions throughout the stor
Jenniekenn
Sep 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I freaking LOVE Mari Carr and this Wilder family. Darcy and Ryder are so amazing. I wish I could convey better in writing how much I love this book. From referencing one of my favorite movies, to the family, to Pop Pop, to the hot sex, to the storyline ... everything. I cried a few happy tears in this book and loved the ending. Mari is amazing. If you want to truly get lost in a book..this is it.

Renee
Sep 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I just can’t get enough of the Collins family. Mari Carr is amazing in her storytelling and giving this wonderful world to lose ourselves in. This book is no exception. Darcy has waited a long time to make the ‘curse’ complete. Ryder might dig in his heels but Darcy shows what it means to fall in love with a Collins. This is a not-to-miss read.

Sep 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Like catching up with family! 4 ½ STARS! Book eleven in the Wilder Irish series this series is a spin-off of the Wild Irish series. Can be read and enjoyed as stand-alone, told in dual POV with HEA. This big awesome family owns and operates a pub, so the secondary characters are throughout the series. I love how the Collins clan is so loving and have an abundance of advice. Darcy knew all the signs when she fell under the “curse”, but she also knew she would have to wait & be patient for Ryder t ...more
Phuong
Sep 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I devoured Wild Embrace by author Mari Carr in one sitting and loved every minute of it. Darcy is a romantic at heart just like her grandfather, Pop Pop and believes in true love. She is very mature for being so young and I loved that she went after what she wanted. Darcy and Ryder had off the charts chemistry as well as trust and I loved how she got Ryder to start living and loving again. The Collins are one fun loving family and I always enjoy spending time with them. The prologue and epilogue ...more
Shay Jay
Oct 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
WOW, WOW, WOW!! This Series Just Gets Better And Better!!

Darcy is a Romantic to her heart thanks to PopPop (her Grandfather). She wants a relationship just like his and Grandma Sunday and won’t settle for anything else. She wants her “Prince Charming.”

Then Darcy, while she was in college, met Ryder Hagen when cousin Yvonne was helping him and Leo with their unintentional family. Darcy loved helping them because she loves Leo’s and Ryder’s son and the boys love her. Then one day Darcy had all the
« previous 1 3 next »

• Seduced in Ink (Montgomery Ink: Boulder, #4)
  • L is for... (BDSM Checklist #12)
  • No Love Lost (Masters and Mercenaries: The Forgotten, #5)
  • Dare to Play (Dare Nation, #3)
  • Far From Destined (Promise Me, #3)
  • Moments in Ink (Montgomery Ink: Boulder, #3.5)
  • Grind (Powertools: The Original Crew Returns #3)
  • Vienna Bargain
  • Semi-Sweet On You (Hot Cakes #4)
  • More Than Protect You (More Than Words, #6.5)
  • Spells (Bayou Magic, #2)
  • Vienna Bliss
  • Happily Ever After in Bliss (Nights in Bliss, Colorado #11)
  • Who's the Boss?
  • Drilled (Powertools: The Original Crew Returns #2)
  • The Rookie (The Intelligence Unit, #1)
  • Making Whoopie (Hot Cakes #3)
  • Vienna Betrayal
Writing a book was number one on Mari Carr’s bucket list. A New York Times and USA TODAY bestseller, Mari’s computer is now jammed full of stories — novels, novellas, short stories and dead-ends.
Mari writes contemporary sexy romance novels. To learn more about her spicy stories, click here.
Join her newsletter so you don't miss new releases and for exclusive subscriber-only content.
Find Mari on th

Wilder Irish (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Wild Passion (Wilder Irish, #1)
  • Wild Desire (Wilder Irish, #2)
  • Wild Devotion (Wilder Irish, #3)
  • Wild at Heart (Wilder Irish, #4)
  • Wild Temptation (Wilder Irish #5)
  • Wild Kisses (Wilder Irish, #6)
  • Wild Fire (Wilder Irish, #7)
  • Wild Spirit (Wilder Irish, #8)
  • Wild Side (Wilder Irish #9)
  • Wild Night (Wilder Irish #10)