Start by marking “Troublemaker” as Want to Read:

TO: Alex Vega
FROM: Emilia Stiles
SUBJECT: Hello

Dear Mr. Vega,

I felt it necessary to follow up on today’s meeting, since we weren’t able to speak candidly in front of your son.

I was shocked to discover that you are Ryder’s dad. Given that your ex-wife will be out of the country for a while and you are currently his primary caregiver, I’m sure you understand why we need to es
Published August 13th 2020 by Amazon Digital Services (first published August 6th 2020)

To ask other readers questions about Troublemaker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Troublemaker

Start your review of Troublemaker
❤️ Nanda ❤️
Aug 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
❤️ Follow me on Instagram 💋

It was a funny and cheesy reading.
Again, this is a new author to me, so I didn't know what to expect. (I'm in a sequence of new authors, and I love it).

Emilia is a second grade's teacher starting her new life in LA, living with her gay best friend, after she break up with her on again/off again long term boyfriend.
Alex is a movie/TV/theatre divorced hot and lonely director, who's just a really sweet donut and a great father.

Their first encounter is amazing, hot, unexpe
Dilek VT
Before reading this one, I had read 3 books from this writer and they were all mediocre or below (3, 2 and 2 stars) so I would normally not read from her again but look at that cover - see how gorgeous he is! He looked at me with his “Come-hither” eyes and I followed… I can’t be found guilty, right? Pleaseeee... look at him - wouldn't you follow? 😊

Sadly, the sexy the man on the cover didn’t help me to like the book, at all. This has been another 2-star read and I think I have read enough books f
Carmen Rae
Aug 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
I'm really struggling right now on how to rate this book. I enjoyed it when I could get caught up in it, but I really struggled to get into it. And for a book I thought I would read in a day or two it ended up taking me nearly four days to read it. But I think a lit of that is just the fact that life's been a little busy and I have been easily distracted.

Emilia was a character that I instantly liked. I enjoyed her honesty in regard to her earlier relationship and her life before she moved to LA.
Izzy ♡ boom, boom, fucking boom
4.5

I think this is the most book-satisfied I’ve felt for a while!
Not really in the mood for paragraphs so I'll just dot point this review

Things I liked:
• The hero and heroine (Alex and Emilia), both individually and as a couple
• The hero's child, Ryder, and how involved he was- seriously, loved this little matchmaker
• The interactions between Alex, Emilia and Ryder (!!!!)
• IT WAS FUNNY! The dialogue, especially, had me smiling and laughing. I'm pretty sure Kayley has a thing for comedy because
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog

4.5 feelgood stars!

Troublemaker by Kayley Loring was just what we needed. We just couldn’t stop laughing at the hilarious inner musings of both Emilia and Alex, as well as their brilliant banter and quick liners. And let’s not forget the sexual tension and connection which was on point! Kayley Loring nailed the romantic comedy and single dad aspect, so much so we are lining up the next book by her. Her sense of humour is completely in line with ours!

‘I did not hesitate to suck cake frosting off
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Shelves: 2020

4.5 STARS

‘I did not hesitate to suck cake frosting off of his thu
Susan (susayq ~)
Aug 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
What a sweet and fun read! I loved Alex and Emilia, but Ryder stole the show! This was just what I was looking for this week :)
Thuy Taylor
Aug 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely LOOOOVED this story. Such a feel good romance that leaves you with a big smile on your face. Alex Vega is MINE ladies!!! 😉 Emilia and Alex meet one night in a club and they are absolutely drawn to each other. The kiss of all kisses to remember, they accidently lose each other that night, and can't stop thinking of that kiss. Not knowing when they would ever encounter each other again, oh but they do. Emilia is Alex's kid's teacher, now, no matter what the chemistry is, its somewhat ...more
K.  Ramjohn
Aug 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I've loved every one of Kayley Loring's books and Troublemaker is no exception. Fun, playful and highly entertaining this slow burn novel had me hooked from beginning to end and I could not stop reading. Emilia and Alex had excellent chemistry between them and I loved their interactions and seeing their relationship develop. I absolutely their banter via text and email as it had me highly amused and I was rooting for these two throughout the story. However it was Ryder, Alex son, who stole the s ...more
Jeeves Reads Romance
Aug 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Kayley Loring's books have such PERSONALITY; a completely distinctive writing style that just makes me smile. I always know I'm in for light, playful, sexy reads with her and that's exactly what this is. A touch of the forbidden adds the only angst to this otherwise smile-inducing read; it's the kind of light romance that you can devour in one sitting - and I did. The only problem? Well, now I have to wait until she releases her next book.

The story follows Alex, a single dad raising his son in L
Anne OK
A delightful, naughty and sexy romp between Miss Stiles and Mr. Vega. And throw in an adorable and sneaky six year old boy, Ryder, and you're set for some fun and cheesy lines of dialogue between a single dad and his son's teacher.

Loring is a new-to-me-author and I enjoyed the way she incorporated journal entries and text-messaging into the storyline, giving both teacher and parent points of view -- some cute and everyday standard and then there were those x-rated versions that scorched the eye
AJ
5 hot and hilarious stars!

Oh, I love this book! Funny, sexy and romantic with a beautiful, functional romance and characters that you cannot help but love, I was sucked right into this story and couldn’t put it down.

This book is the third in a series of standalones by Kayley Loring, featuring a trio of friends who starred in TV show as teens, and are now all grown up and finding their HEAs. I have loved each of these books so much! Sleeper and Charmer told the stories of Shane and Nico (respecti
Amy [Book Addict Reviews]
Aug 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Alex has officially made the ranks of my Kayley Book Boyfriend List. The moment I started reading Troublemaker I was swooning over this story.

Alex is a single father, a film director and one of Hollywood’s hottest bachelors. Emilia is newly single and new to LA, she is also a teacher. They meet at a club and share the hottest kiss of their lives. They didn’t know anything else about each other, until Alex finds out that his son’s new teacher is the woman he met in the club. Let the fun begin…..
Flavs is Mrs David Gandy♥~♥’
Aug 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: alpha-male, arc
I have been enjoying this series with the friends and this one was just as good.
Alex Vega only has two things he loves in his life, his seven year old son and his career. He is a film director and one of Hollywood's hottest bachelors.
When he gets dragged out by his friends he meets Emilia Stiles. From the minute they meet they have this instant attraction and after sharing one hot kiss their night comes to an end.
Emilia Stiles left her old life behind and is starting a new teaching job in LA. Af
Victoria L. James
Oct 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ugh. I think it’s fair to say I’m addicted to this author’s stories. These are exactly what I needed to read right now. With 2020 acting like its on bad steroids, Kayley Lorig’s books somehow make you forget all about this jacked up shit of a year.

Mr Vega and Miss Stiles are everything. Loved it. Love, love, loved it.
Lindsey Domokur of Crazy Reader Chicks
Aug 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
What a cute book! I know I can always trust Kayley for a great read to make me laugh out loud. Alex's diary entries had me doing just that. I fell in love with him early on. He was such a great guy and you could tell he was just so lost. I am sure being a single dad is hard and finding someone to accept you and love your child like their own would be even harder.
Enter Emmy. As Alex's son's teacher she knows she has to keep things at arms length for right now, but how can she when Alex is determi
SCBookAddict
Aug 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
This story was a good mix between cute, fun and sweet with a big side of hot and heavy to balance it out.

Emilia and Alex meet in a club that neither one really wants to be at. There is this instant connection between them but they end up losing each other by accident.

Fast forward to school year and guess who's child is in Emilia's class? They don't realize this until a bit later so the banter between them via email is hilarious.

Then there is Ryder, Alex's son. He is a handful and steals so man
Michele McMullen
Aug 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Troublemaker was a fabulously funny, sweet, entertaining slow burn !! What happens when the tall handsome stranger you meet and swoon over at the club is now the dad of one of your students. It is trouble in the making! This couple had the best email exchanges ! I was laughing out loud at ther witty banter! Get ready for your next book boyfriend with Alex Vega single dad, producer , and sex on a stick hot bachelor. Emilia our second grade teacher is so refreshing, and I just loved her spunk, sas ...more
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Aug 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
description
This was such a fun story. I was completely wrapped up in these characters and their journey. What starts off as chance encounter leads to a surprising connection...and I was hooked! I found the characters to be super endearing. I really liked them individually and as a couple. The tension between them was off the charts! I had to find out how things would play out. The relationships between all the characters were sweet and fun. The drama these two faced felt organic to the storyline and wasn’t
Isha Coleman
Aug 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
Troublemaker is just another example of what makes Kayley Loring so great. Alex and Emilia are a reminder that there's a silver lining waiting inside every heartache. With humor and heart, Loring delivers wise words that make us think and irresistible characters that are hard not to love. If laughter truly is the best medicine, Troublemaker has what it takes to make the world a brighter place.

Jo
Jul 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review-team
I cannot put into words right now just how much I loved reading this story!

Firstly, let me tell you this can be read as a standalone. You "see" characters from previous books in this one but not knowing their stories (albeit awesome stories they are) won't distract from the AWESOMENESS of Troublemaker.

I loved the chemistry and immediate attraction between Alex and Emilia. Their own love lives both in a pitiful state forgotten as soon as they meet.

Despite immediate circumstances parting them wi
Meena Wallace
Sep 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.25 Stars!

I love Kayley Loring’s books and this one is no different. Plus that second epilogue gave me allllll the feels!

8/10 would recommend
Flo
Aug 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great fun filled read from start to finish!
Marina Skinner
Aug 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Troublemaker is my first book by Ms Loring and I had a constant smile on my face whilst reading!
It’s a heartwarming wonderful story that had such entertaining and flirtatious banter that I just didn’t want it to end.
I loved the characters so much! I felt like they were friends and this story was the perfect second chance single parent romance. It has everything you could want in a book.
There is a certain something about single dad stories that touch my heart. I definitely want to read more of th
Johnaka- Amity Book Blog
Jul 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Troublemaker by Kayley Loring
“constant smile, 5 stars”

Troublemaker made me smile from start to finish. I loved the chemistry between Alex and Emilia. Ryder was hilarious and just added that much more to the story. Plus, it was awesome catching up with the guys from Sleeper and Charmer. If you want a fun, playful Hollywood love story look no further.
When Emilia and Alex met the attraction was apparent. A chance encounter ends without the exchange of phone numbers. So when Alex walks into his son’
Kimberly (a_romance_a_day)
This book deserves more stars than I can give!! Start to finish this was amazing. Witty, steamy, tension-y goodness, sweet and sexy hero, adorable wonderful heroine, and a cute kiddo! It’s well written with so many beautiful passages and the characters are real, authentic, and engaging.

Emilia and Alex meet in a very crowded club, not their usual haunts, and have the most perfect kiss on the dance floor before suddenly going their separate ways. Emilia is on a journey to be a new her in a city s
Caroline
Jul 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 Stars
Every love story has a happily ever after if you look for it.

This story was really good and had everything a good book needs.
Hot single dad ✔
Forbidden romance (Not taboo) ✔
A cute nerd who is a naught girl in the bedroom ✔
Swoon-worthy moments ✔
Slow burn ✔

And so much more!

This story was so good. When I think back on it, it is really sweet and has so many swoon moments in it and all the quotes I have highlighted! It is a long time since I have had this many quotes highlighted in a book. Bu
Rosie
Aug 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
I have loved all the books so far in this series of interconnected standalones and Troublemaker didn’t disappoint.

Alex Vega is a Hollywood director, ex-teen heartthrob and single father. On a night off, he meets Emilia in a club, and they share a steamy dance and kiss, but they lose each other. Weeks later, both are still thinking about the kiss, but think they’ll never see each other again, until Alex turns up for a parent-teacher conference with his son Ryder’s new demanding teacher and realis
Sunny Shelly Reads
SLOOOOWWW BURN! I have loved all these books in this Hollywood heartthrobs series by Kayley Loring, and Alex and Emilia are another hot couple!

Alex is friends with Shane (Sleeper) and Nico (Charmer), having been on the same Disney Channel series with Shanico when they were teens. Now in his 30s, Alex is a divorced single dad, one of Hollywood's hottest directors -- and totally smitten with his son's 2nd grade teacher. "Emmy" and "Alejandro" had a hot makeout session in a club a few weeks before
Christina
Sep 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Well....I never knew how much I needed to read a book about a nice guy. Don’t get me wrong - I love a good “MINE” and throw me over his shoulder hero. That describes the hero in almost every book I read so I’m actually surprised how much I enjoyed this book.

I need to say this first: I’m a teacher. Most teacher heroines are written and/or do things that a real life teacher would ever do and it doesn’t really bother me. Emilia was a teacher. For real. Of course, I’ve never had a student with an am

• The Beau & the Belle
  • The Cowboy and His Secret
  • Can't Fight It (Fair Lakes #3)
  • Love Under Quarantine
  • The Trouble with Wanting (Cedar Point #1)
  • Wrong Bed, Right Brother (Accidental Love, #4)
  • Him (Him, #1)
  • This Love Hurts
  • Summer Fling: A Sexy Summer Anthology
  • Us (Him, #2)
  • Pucked Under (Pucked, #4.5)
  • Pucked Off (Pucked, #5)
  • Game On
  • Queen of Fate & Fire (Rogue Ethereal #6)
  • Heartless (Enemies to Lovers #1)
  • Lexi, Baby (This Can't Be Happening, #1)
  • Wait for Me
  • Marrying My Billionaire Boss

To receive emails about NEW RELEASES please sign up for the newsletter here:

Name in Lights (3 books)
  • Sleeper
  • Charmer

News & Interviews

“Permission to take this dumpster fire of a wardrobe, which represents your dumpster fire of a love life, to an actual dumpster and set it on fire.”
“Permission not granted. These are very work appropriate. Seven-year-olds like and respect me when I wear these clothes.”
“Right, well, my grown man penis literally started shrivelling as soon as I saw these cardigans.”
“It’s taken me years to assemble this collection of fun cardigans.”
“That is the saddest sentence I have ever heard, and there is no such thing as a fun cardigan.”
0 likes
“We’re leaving in like five minutes,” Shane says apologetically. “I promised Willa I’d pick up matzo ball soup from Canter’s on the way home.”
“And I promised Kat I wouldn’t stay here past ten because I don’t want to.”
“I knew it.” I shake my head. It’s barely ten o-clock. “I should have come earlier. But I didn’t want to.”
“Par-tayyyy!” Shane flashes the sign of the horns with his hands, and then we all show each other the latest pictures of our kids like total badasses.”
0 likes