Start by marking “The Snow Killings: Inside the Oakland County Child Killer Investigation” as Want to Read:
The Snow Killings: Inside the Oakland County Child Killer Investigation

The Snow Killings: Inside the Oakland County Child Killer Investigation

Over 13 months in 1976-1977, four children were abducted in the Detroit suburbs, each of them held for days before their still-warm bodies were dumped in the snow near public roadsides. The Oakland County Child Murders spawned panic across southeast Michigan, triggering the most extensive manhunt in U.S. history. Yet after less than two years, the task force created to fin ...more
Hardcover
Published 2020 by McFarland & Company, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about The Snow Killings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Snow Killings

Start your review of The Snow Killings: Inside the Oakland County Child Killer Investigation
Karen
Jun 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lj
Retired Detroit News reporter Keenan has covered the Oakland County (Michigan) Child Killer (OCCK) Investigation since 2009 when new evidence came to light. In 1976-1977, parents were terrified of letting their children walk alone in the Detroit suburbs after 4 children were abducted, sexually assaulted, and held for several days before their bodies were dumped. While investigating this horrible crime -- still not fully resolved -- investigators uncovered a “seemingly endless cesspool of pedophi ...more
Leigh Podgorski
Sep 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Heartbreaking

Cory Williams is a hero. As are so many who fought for the truth of what happened to four innocent children. Unfortunately, villains abound, including in the police force and the prosecutors office.
One is left pondering, why?
Why would child molesters and killers ever be protected?
This is a trying world we live in.
The Snow Killings is packed with detail, at times too much for me. But the reward is there though sorrow will fill your heart.
To the parents and families, I send my deepest
Sandy Marczewski
Jul 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Marney Keenan does an amazing job of walking you through this decades long investigation. She breaks it down starting at the beginning and takes you inside the investigation. There is a lot of information, but you will not be overwhelmed. If you have followed this investigation you will be surprised that there is so much that you did not know.
You will not be able to put this book down.
Sep 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This story is just horrific and all the ways this case was handled!! I believe this was a very huge cover up and many people were involved. That is the only conclusion that makes sense.

So sad for these families and how they were treated. I hope one day for the families this case is eventually solved.
Erik Golbiw
Oct 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Having moved to Detroit, as an 8 year old, in 1979, I’d heard stories about this case, but never did much to learn about the details. In reading this book, I was inundated with horrific details of the murders that surrounded my current community (having moved to Oakland County in 1987 after 8 years in Detroit) so many years ago. It’s a damn shame these murders have yet to be solved.
Diane
Sep 12, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I remember when these murders took place. It's a wonder that any crimes ever get solved with all of the petty in-fighting between different police departments all trying to investigate the same crime . Add to that those who are rich and can afford to get a family member out of trouble no matter the crime or the cost.
Mike Reid
Sep 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Best Book On The Oakland County Child skillet

I vividly remember these murders as I was a kid growing up in the area. I have read just about everything I could get my hands on related to this and I thought I knew almost everything there was to know, but this book has a lot of information I never heard before. Highly recommend this book.
Kathlena
Oct 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
THE BOOK to read on OCCK

After listening to a podcast I decided to look further into this cold case \ cover up. I was very impressed with the detail and depth of information given in this book. I would recommend this to anyone who wants the full story behind this killings including law enforcement issues.
Susan
Sep 13, 2020 rated it liked it
I was a fan of Marnie Rich Keenan when when she wrote in the Homestyle section of the News and was very interested in reading this book as I was in 7th/8th grade and lived in the area when/where the OCCK crimes were committed.
Appears very well researched - so many facts!
Unfortunately, noticing errors in several minor/irrelevant facts makes one wonder if more relevant facts were also distorted.
And since there could be no resolution to the chaotic investigation, I was ultimately, left feeling disa
Jill
Oct 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Anyone who grew up during this time should read this book. So many answers to such sad questions.
JD Whiting
Jul 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Best book on this case.(although none of the others are even close to being comprehensive) Must read for anyone into local history, police cover ups, and true crime.
Aaron VanAlstine
Oct 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Another famous Michigan murder mystery. Frustrating that the perp(s) were pretty much identified early on yet never faced justice due to bureaucratic inertia and general ineptitude of the cops.
Denise Monahan-Murphy
Aug 17, 2020
joan conway
Sep 28, 2020

• When She Returned
  • Evil at Lake Seminole: The Shocking True Story Surrounding the Disappearance of Mike Williams
  • Resurrection: The Kidnapping of Abby Drover
  • Wilder Intentions: Love, Lies and Murder in North Dakota
  • Losing Jon: A Teen's Tragic Death, a Police Cover-Up, a Community's Fight for Justice
  • The Fire She Set
  • The One and Only Ivan
  • The Dare (Briar U, #4)
  • The Big Heist: The Real Story of the Lufthansa Heist, the Mafia, and Murder
  • The Prince of Paradise: The True Story of a Hotel Heir, His Seductive Wife, and a Ruthless Murder
  • Finding Bethany: A True Crime Memoir
  • The Rivals
  • The Murder of Kelsey Berreth: A Shocking True Crime Story
  • Murder Thy Neighbor
  • I Will Find You: Solving Killer Cases from My Life Fighting Crime
  • The Grim Sleeper: The Lost Women of South Central
  • March: Book Two (March, #2)
  • The 1918 Influenza Pandemic