Start by marking “Playing To Win: An Elite Athlete Sport Romance Anthology” as Want to Read:
Playing To Win: An Elite Athlete Sport Romance Anthology

Playing To Win: An Elite Athlete Sport Romance Anthology

The Summer Games may be postponed, but finding love is not…

The Winning Bracket by Mignon Mykel
When the Olympics are cancelled, professional volleyball player Samantha Piper finds herself going home to Montana, but what she doesn’t expect is to fall—fast—for the former fiancé of her high school enemy. As they play alongside one another in the summer couple’s volleyball leag
ebook
Published July 24th 2020 by Mignon Mykel

To ask other readers questions about Playing To Win, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Playing To Win

Start your review of Playing To Win: An Elite Athlete Sport Romance Anthology
Wendy'sThoughts
Aug 15, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Multiple Authors, Sport, Romance
Cancelation, Postponed, Delayed...
All Those Words are The Last Thing,
These Olympic Athletes Never Want To Hear...

But They Did...

So Instead Of Being Inactive...
And Hanging Their Heads...
Seven Authors Decided To...
Hold Their Own Summer Games...

Jonesing For The Competition...
Read All These Stories...
And Pick Your Gold Medal Winner...

Making the Leap by Aubree Valentine
Long Shot by Jennifer Bonds
Personal Foul by Brooke O’Brien
Throw Like a Girl by Tina Gallagher
D
Shirley Cuypers
Jul 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-beta, 2020, ebooks
Original review

This book was provided by one of the authors in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Brooke O’Brien!

Playing To Win
was such a fun anthology and I really enjoyed all the short stories. I think that Playing To Win is a great anthology if you’re a lover of Sports Romance and it’s a nice way of reading short stories by authors you’ve never read before. I was only familiar with one author, namely Brooke O’Brien, but I liked reading the short stories by the other authors too.

The Win
Rochelle
Jul 24, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is an anthology of 7 sport romances that will make any sports fan happy. My review is for Personal Foul by Brooke O’Brien and I really enjoyed the story. Quick read that will leave you with a smile when you are done. Loved Colson and Sydney. They meet when he rescued her from being attacked by a mugger and the attraction and chemistry between them was instant and intense. Loved them together and it was so much fun watching them fall in love. Love stories that make you care about the charact ...more
Jennifer Pierson
Jul 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The year 2020 has been a hell of a year, and on top of all the chaos my sports have been missing so reading Playing To Win was definitely a hit for me because I need sports like I need to breathe.

The Winning Bracket/Mignon Mykel:
I haven't read this author in a while for whatever reason, so this story reminded me how much I love her writing style.  Professional volleyball player Samantha has to go home to Montana after the Olympics are cancelled.  She ends up playing in a couples volleyball lea
Steph's Romance Book Talk
Double Contact by Christy Pastore / 4.25 Stars / 3 Steam Fans

Video review available in Week 38: Sep 13 – Sep 19 weekly book reviews.

For other video book reviews, check out my YouTube Channel: Steph's Romance Book Talk.

The Winning Bracket by Mignon Mykel / 4.25 Stars / 3 Steam Fans

Video review available in Week 39: Sep 20 – Sep 26 weekly book reviews.

Alice
Jul 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So I've never read an anthology before! It was really exciting to read a few short stories! My reviews are in the order I read the stories and I really loved and enjoyed them! ❤

1. Double Contact by Christy Pastore:
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Awwww! I loved this hot, short story!
WOW! Christy Pastore just knows how to make you fall in love with characters!
Lark and Brenner were a great couple! I love a good sports romance and add some second chance. Bam! You got me!
Although it was a short story it was totally enough a
⭐Toonasa⭐ •Romance Book Lovers' Haven•
Anthology Received as an ARC, given by Brooke O'Brien, for a honest review.

PERSONAL FOUL by Brooke O'Brien :

A Quick Fast-Paced exhilarating read!
For a short Read, this book had all the elements you can want in a book. Just shows all the reason I love Brooke's writings❤

Colsen, a basketball player, is Hot, Sweet, witty, Kind..A catch!
Sydney is feisty, strong, independent.. Lovable!
Both had hard childhoods, giving them a deepness.

Both are also new in Miami, work reasons. They meet when he saves
Alicia
Jul 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Review just for Double Contact by Christy Pastore

I love everything Christy writes and I love this “quick and dirty” story of Brenner and Lark.

This is a great take on a second-chance romance. Meeting your person at the wrong time. Lark and Brenner first met when they were both in other relationships but never forgot each other.

Years after a quick breakfast together, fate places them in the same location and sparks fly again. I was quickly invested in making sure these two made it and I hated hav
Amy [Book Addict Reviews]
Jul 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a review of Personal Foul by Brooke O’Brien.

Colson and Sydney meet by chance and from that moment there is a connection between them. Colson is a professional basketball player and the newest player on the Miami Blaze. Sydney just happens to be his new coach’s daughter.

Sydney has some trust issues and her new career so she kind of pushes Colson away, despite the insane amounts of chemistry these two have. Colson wants to break down Sydney’s walls. He is sweet and wants to win over Sydn
Julie
Jul 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My Review for Personal Foul by Brooke O'Brien

Colson and Sydney stole my heart. They met by chance and instantly connected. They share so much spark and fire and the pull is overwhelming between them but Colson has just traded to the Miami Blaze and Sydney is the coaches daughter and she has a new career with the team. With that and some trust issues from Sydney things get bumpy but Colson is a determined man and sweet to his core and will do what he needs to do to win over this strong and indepe
Atlanta Whitlock
Jul 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An amazing group of authors have come together to bring you such an amazing collection of stories. I knew I had to give this a read because one of my all time favourite authors (Brooke O'Brien) has contributed to the collection with one of her stories....
Brooke is such a talented writer and every book of hers that I read I just fall in love with her writing all over again… it’s like discovering a new love each and every time with her books, however at least books can’t give you heartache unlike
Sally Mieske
Review for Personal Foul by Brooke O’Brien

Love sports romances? This short story is bound to quench for them! O’Brien had me invested in Colson and Sydney’s relationship and needing to know how ends.

Colson and Sydney are both new to Miami. One is a new player for the team, the other is the coach’s daughter and starting her new job working the team. Their chance meeting had sparks flying, it’s not until after that realize who each other is. Colson is the ultimate book boyfriend in his pursuit o
Michelle Rodriguez
You know how they say "small things come in big packages"? Double Contact by Christy Pastore, may be bite size in words, but packed full of wit, smoking sexy times and a second chance at love.

I had the honor to BETA read this short story for the Playing to Win Anthology and told Mrs. Pastore she really should think about writing Lark and Brennan's full story.

Get ready to one-click this anthology.
Anne Milne
Jul 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Personal Foul by Brooke O'Brien

I really enjoyed this story Colson and Sydney were such fun to read. The story was fun and romantic sweet and sexy. I loved the instant connection they had you could feel the sparks between them and the flirty banter was their own kind of foreplay. Both characters are adjusting to new work roles and the stress that brings. Colson was the one doing most of the pursuing because of Sydney's trust issues he has alot to overcome to win her over.

N. Biggs
Jul 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed this blended band of amazing authors. There are 7 books total. Each one is entertaining and has introduced me to (new) authors I plan to check out immediately. If you’re a sports romance fan, this books for you.

You’ll love them all, as I did. However, my personal favorites were Personal Foul by Brooke O’Brian, and Double Contact by Christie Pastore. You can’t go wrong with either of them. All-in-all, this was a fantastic read I highly recommend.
Helen (Blissfully Bookish Besties)
This is a fab collection of sports romances, I enjoyed them all and have found some great authors who I hadn't read before.
Colson and Sydney from Brooke O'Briens Personal Foul were my favourite couple, I loved the chemistry between the two and read their story in one sitting. This anthology has something for everyone!
it.sgottabethebooks
Jul 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
I am leaving a review for Personal Foul by Brooke O’Brien. This was a fast paced, quick read. I absolutely adored Colson and Sydney. The pair had great chemistry and I loved how sweet this story was.
Cynthia Carpenter
Jul 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Each story will pull at your heart and bring all your emotions out. Each is a different sport all center around the Olympic sports and the pandemic amazing reads all of them and can't wait to read more from these amazing authors

THE WINNING BRACKET BY MIGNON MYKEL

Sam and Samantha read is sweet, emotional and will pull you in and have you wanting so much more. There are a few twist and turns that will bring you to tears but by the end you won't want it to end. Can't wait to read more from her.

MA
Angela's Book Addiction
Playing to Win is a sports romance anthology featuring original stories by the following authors: Mignon Mykel, Aubree Valentine, Jennifer Bonds, Brooke O'Brien, Tina Gallagher, Christy Pastore, and Victoria Pinder.

This review is for Double Contact by Christy Pastore. I haven't had a chance to read any of the other stories, but I've got a thing for sports romance so I'll get to them eventually. As I read them, I'll add to my review and adjust my rating accordingly.

Double Contact by Christy
Nikki Swope, nixreadsromace
Jul 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Are you missing sports as much as I am right now? Are you filling it with sports romances, yep me too. Well Playing to Win is a sports romance anthology that will definitely be a hit with all sports and romance lovers alike. 7 short stories by some amazing authors!

I was lucky enough to be provided with a copy in exchange for my Review of Personal Foul by Brooke O’Brien. Personal foul was an emotional insta love romance story with the incredible Colson and Sydney. Colson is a basketball player j
Becky Claxon
Jul 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
I have only read the following book:

Cocky MD
by Victoria Pinder
This story made me mad at Johnny at times, and broke my heart other times for his son Bradley. Johnny’s parents never believed in love, only money. I can’t believe that they taught their children not to believe in love. Johnny may have gotten away from being in the family business by becoming a doctor, but he didn’t get away from how his parents raised him. His son Bradley was a treat and loved his teacher Olivia. Once Olivia was let
Nicole ReadingBetweenTheSheets
What an amazingly fun anthology!!! All of the stories are based on the delay of the Summer Games due to world events.

These are all fantastic romances from second chances to secret baby to secret romances…

Making the Leap by Aubree Valentine
Fierce Fighter by Victoria Pinder

Double Contact by Christy Pastore is a wonderful second chance rom
briereadsbooks
Review for Personal Foul by Brooke O'Brien

Personal Foul was a cute and steamy work place/sports romance and a 5 star read. This story was super sweet. It wasn’t your typical insta-love story because it dug deeper than that. I loved Colson’s character, he was cute, sweet, and so caring. Sydney’s character is strong and independent and together, Sydney and Colson are adorable. Their story ended perfectly, and that bonus epilogue…

Colson is a professional basketball player and is new to the Miami B
The Lusty Literarians
Jul 20, 2020 rated it really liked it

Review for Personal Foul by Brooke O'Brien

I really enjoyed this story! I'm not a huge fan of short stories/anthologies but when I saw this sports romance set come out I had to read it. Colson and Sydney have great chemistry. O'Brien manages to fit an emotionally charged chemistry filled story in a tiny package! I was pleasantly surprised when I read this. They meet under unusual circumstances and grow to appreciate one another slowly, which you wouldn't think possible in an anthology. I'm glad I
Cat
Jul 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is an Anthology packed with Amazing stories that will satisfy sports romance fans everywhere.
I am reviewing Personal Foul by Brooke O'Brien.
Colson and Sydney are wonderful characters and I really enjoyed reading their romance Brooke did a fantastic job at giving us a great short story that didn't lack in anything. And was just as fulfilling as a whole novel.
Colson is a basketball player and Colson is the coaches daughter but they don't know this when they first meet and they have electrifyi
Fabiola Francisco
Shelves: 2020-reads
Double Contact was the perfect read for this summer. Sexy, witty, and sweet, I was wrapped in the story, unable to put it down until I was done. Lark and Brenner were such a fun pair. I was smiling throughout.

I love sports romance, and watching the woman come on top was such a breath of fresh air. Not that I’m complaining about the sexy AF baseball player and how he’s determined to win the girl he’s wanted for years.

I’m looking forward to reading the rest of the stories in this anthology.
Summer Ford
Review for: Personal Foul by Brooke O’Brien
There is just something about sports romance that always grabs my attention. I love how the stories put the spotlight on sports heroes as real people with obstacles that they’ve overcome to make it where they are.
The heat between Sydney and Colson was instantaneous and steamy! However, I wasn’t ready for the speed bumps ahead. Reading as they navigated their new positions on the team and also dealt with their insecurities from their past kept me rooti
Deedy Hays
Jul 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Lark & Brenner are acquaintances that meet up years later after her hook-up with his teammate was long over. Brenner was always interested but an unspoken bro-code kept him from perusing Lark. But now, years later & no teammate or bro-code is in effect.

Instant, familiar, & unknown, to either of them, the chemistry is undeniable. This installment of The Playing to Win Anthology, is a sweet love that is given a chance, in Double Contact by Christy Pastore.
Lisa Wheeler
Jul 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My review of Personal Foul by Brooke O'Brien

5 stars for Personal Foul.
I'm not one who usually picks up sports romance, but Brooke captured my attention and had me turning page after page. Colson Rush is on fire! He is determined to have Syndey and I absolutely love his character.
Sydney has walls built up and with good reason, so there's a bit standing between the two of them.
The ending is my absolute favorite part, like I already love the book, but that ending!
Will the ball be thrown in Colson'
FunUndertheCovers
Jul 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A sports romance anthology...yes please!

The Winning Bracket by Mignon Mykel - I’m a huge fan of Mignon’s writing so was more than happy to read her short story in this anthology. A totally feel good, sweet, sexy, instalove story about Girl Sam and Boy Sam...it was just what I needed!

******
I’ll definitely be going back to the read the rest of the short stories at some point in the near future.
« previous 1 3 next »
Romance Retreat: ***CLOSED***♥️ PLAYING TO WIN ARC GIVEAWAY! ♥️ 4 35 Jul 22, 2020 07:11PM

• Personal Foul (Men of Blaze #1)
  • Double Contact
  • Brix (A Rebels Havoc, #1)
  • Snowed In with the Quarterback
  • Kings of Quarantine (Brutal Boys of Everlake Prep, #1)
  • Living at the Frat House
  • Accepted (VIP College, #1)
  • Eden (Angelview Academy #3)
  • Keeping You Away (Tyler & Gemma #1; Ex-Con Duet #1)
  • Bully High (Bad Boys of Hillview Academy #1)
  • Rescued (Black Light #6)
  • Malice (Angelview Academy, #2)
  • The Hookup Equation (Loveless Brothers #4)
  • Bucked Off (Ryker Ranch #2)
  • Tough Luck (Shakedown, #1)
  • Forbidden With Me (With Me in Seattle Universe; Right With Me)
  • Mission: Without a Trace (Brantley Walker: Off the Books #2)
Mignon Mykel is the author of the Prescott Family series, as well as the short-novella erotic romance series, O'Gallagher Nights. When not sitting at Starbucks writing whatever her characters tell her to, you can find her hiking in the mountains of her new home in Arizona.

Mignon's latest release, Winski and Leeds, is available now!