Start by marking “Taming Him (Bishop Brothers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Taming Him (Bishop Brothers, #1)

Taming Him

(Bishop Brothers #1)

Alex Bishop is your typical cowboy.
Charming, sexy, and wears a panty-melting smirk.

Working on the ranch helped build his solid eight-pack and smoking body. He's every girl's wet fantasy, and he knows it too. Alex doesn't follow the rules of your typical playboy bachelor. After wining and dining his dates and giving them the best night of their lives, he always sends flowe
Published January 30th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Taming Him, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Taming Him

Start your review of Taming Him (Bishop Brothers, #1)
❤️ Nanda ❤️
I'm going to give 4 stars because I really enjoyed the first part... So I would give to it 5 stars, but I did not like the second part, so for it, I would give 3 stars ...

The moments shared in the first part are fun and exciting, and you can feel the real connection between River and Alex. And with a side bonus that we can also see Natalie and Dylan too.

All this changes in the second part. I found it dull and repetitive.
Where not even remember the chemistry that the protagonists have with each
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

Alex is one of the four Bishop siblings. He's the first one to get his own book. We already heard his sister's story in the 2nd #CheckmateDuet.

Alex is happy with his life. He's working very hard at his parents ranch - he and his brothers will one day take over.

And in his private life .... he only does one night with a girl. But he's always very kind about it - telling them that he's not ready for something serious.

River is a pediatric nurse in Wisconsin and she just broke up with her boyfriend -
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Rate: 5+ southern stars

Cowboy romances isn't something I usually read or even appeals much to me but when this series was first announced, I knew I had to read them because 1- it's written by these two ladies and I haven't read anything by them that I haven't LOVED and 2- these are Courtney's brothers we're talking about here, so of course I was going to read this if it meant I could get a glimpse of my babies again, which I did and ahhhhh I miss them!

Anyway, yeah I guess you could say I'm not
Heather❀Book and a Blanket❀
4.5 Stars

Audiobook Review

Such a fun, sexy and emotional romance! Alex Bishop is the ultimate playboy. Aiden Snow narrates with the smooth and sexy southern accent that had me basically swooning non stop. He and River had amazing chemistry. Neither of them were looking for something long term when they met on vacation but they both feel a pull and know they have something more special than a one night stand. This romance unfolded with the best surprise and my heart was so full watching these two
book bruin
Jan 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Are you ready to meet the Bishop brothers!?

description

We first heard about these hilarious and swoony brothers in Checkmate: This is Reckless and This is Effortless, but now the brothers are front and center in their own spin off series! Taming Him is the first book in this new standalone series and features the wildest Bishop brother, Alex.

I will admit that I was a little worried about whether I would like Alex or not since the manwhore hero is my least favorite. I was so very wrong though and found mys
Wendy ⏃: ✦Cheeky Chicks Blogger✦
4.5 COWBOY STARS!

Filled with sweet and sexy southern charm, Taming Him is a swoon worthy cowboy romance that will leave you wanting to visit Texas. Yee-Haw!!

Each book in this new series by the talented and sassy ladies, known as Kennedy Fox are spin off standalones. They follow the Bishop Brothers, book one centering around the youngest, Alex.

Alex Bishop is what I call a 'smooth operator'. He'll charm your panties off with his sexy smirk and his impeccable manners. A hard working rancher who
Beneath The Covers Blog
Full review can be found HERE --> https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

~Sonal
Andrea
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Likeable-ish characters, but OMG such a predictable and so long!!!! Felt it was dragging!! So unnecessary!!

Not sure if I will read the other books about the Bishop bros!
RentasticReads
Jan 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A wild, charming Southern gentleman who’s in need of some taming, but with a huge heart and so much love to give.

A nurturing, passionate woman who’s in need of love and a break from getting cheated and left behind.

An electrifying, earth-shattering chemistry between two strangers and an unforgettable, life-changing getaway in paradise.

Taming Him introduces us to the sexy cowboy brothers of Courtney Bishop who we met in Checkmate Duet #2 ( This is Reckless & This is Effortless ), but it foc
Hanna's Book Obsession
{I received this as an ARC in exchange for an Honest review}
        Alex and River have stolen my heart! This book is so amazing!!! It is my favorite Kennedy Fox Book!  You guys this book is so freaking wonderful!!!  Oh my gosh I love it so much!!! This is split in two parts and I usually will have a favorite part in books like these but I don’t have a favorite part I love both parts so freaking much!! Alex and River are so special. They are such an amazing couple!! You can feel the intensity a
Jessica
Jan 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I heard about this series coming out, I was so freaking excited to get my hands on it. I mean, you can't go wrong with some yummy cowboys!

Alex Bishop lives and breathes the ranch life. He's a real-life cowboy, boots, hat and all. When he has the chance to take a two week trip to a luxurious beach with his best friend, those two cowboys are ready to hit up the sun and sand. The last thing Alex expects to find there is an amazing woman he can't stop thinking about. River Lancaster has dedica
Alaina
I loved everything about River and Alex in this book! They were such a cute couple with basically no drama. Okay, there was a tiny bit.. but seriously.. they were adorable people.

Taming Him was a pretty addictive book. I obviously wanted River to have a happy ending.. especially after that dramatic punch to the guy Kennedy called a prologue. Hot damn. Hitting me with a death so early on. What if I wanted to like that damn character? WHAT IF KENNEDY?

River was a really likable character. She didn
Shayna
“Why are you so perfect?”
“Trust me, I’m not. But you make me want to be.”

Get ready for some sweet and sexy southern charm coming your way! TAMING HIM by the ladies of Kennedy Fox is book one in their brand spankin’ new Bishop Brothers Series! Reading this book felt like I was being wined and dined by the best of em’. Alex Bishop is one SWOONY COWBOY you will NEVER forget! And River Lancaster is a heroine that you can easily bond with and relate to. Alex and River together? Pure romantic chem
Imani Blake (Enamored Reads)
5++ Save a horse, DEFINITELY ride a Bishop Stars!

Ok look. First off, I may live in Texas, but I DON’T DO Cowboys. And the fact that I rated this book more than 5 stars 100% means Kennedy Fox shut me up REAL QUICK when it comes to my aversion to anything cowboy related. I SERIOUSLY FLOVEDDDD Taming Him and everything Alex Bishop. That man y’all. I can’t. If you look up the word “SWOON” in the dictionary, you’ll see a picture of him wearing a cowboy hat and that sexy as sin smirk that never leaves
Erin
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
For more of my reviews, visit my blog As the Book Ends or follow me on Bookstagram!

Taming Him

Howdy book worms! Who loves a super sexy southern man? Manners, a southern drawl, tight jeans and a cowboy hat get me every time! Why do y’all think I really live in Texas? It sure as hell isn’t for the weather folks. Have you ever forgotten to eat while reading a book? I’m not even kidding, I started Taming Him when I got home from class yesterday and finished at 8:30pm without even realizing that I hadn’t eaten
bookmarkbelles
Jan 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5/5 stars.

I love KF's writing and after reading Courtney's book, I had a feeling that the Bishop Boys would be my ruin.

I love a good cowboy romance and I was anxiously waiting for this series to be written. Sooo of course I had high expectations going into Taming Him. I tell myself time and time again to never do that, but I've never been good at listening to reason *Smacks head*

The story started off strong with an emotional chapter that left me choked up and on the verge of tears.
After that
Raine
So boring!!!

The beginning part was the most interesting and it was wasn't all that great. And from there it just went downhill. This is the second book in a row that has not held my interest and was boring as all heck!
Ambriehl Khalil
dnf @ 50% i will NOT suffer through the pregnancy trope again. i love myself too much. this is my fault because i didn’t read the description properly.
Carlene Inspired
Find this review and others at Carlene Inspired.

Alex Bishop works at his family ranch and parties it up in the small town with his brothers and best friend. He's known for being a love 'em and leave 'em type of guy, so he jumps at the opportunity to have a fun-filled weekend in Key West. Plenty of alcohol and even more women to choose from, at least that's his plan. Then he meets River and all his usual intentions of being just a one-night kind of guy go out the window.

River is a pediatric nurse
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
***AVAILABLE NOW - FULL REVIEW***

4 Dirty Cowboy CROWNS

Well, well, well, the first Bishop brother certainly lived up to the expectations I had for him. I swear he could charm the pants off of anyone with that southern accent. Every single time he said darlin' or sweetheart or hit River with the perfect line, I just wanted to crawl inside the screen and cuddle up to him.

Alex Bishop is the perfect blend of southern gentleman and dirty cowboy. He is guaranteed to have readers swooning with this conf
Coco.V
Sep 08, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
💝FREE on Amazon today (9/8/2018)!💝

Blurb:
Taming Him is a full-length 100k+ words standalone novel that's filled with laughter, sweet heart-warming moments, and plenty of steam! Let Kennedy Fox take you to the South for an adventure that'll surely leave your Kindles on fire!

Alex Bishop is your typical cowboy.
Charming, sexy, and wears a panty-melting smirk.

Lindsey (Linz Readz)
5+ Stars!!

Alex and River are everything!

I could not put this book down! Whenever I pick up a book by this amazing duo, I always tell myself to take it slow and savor every word. I will admit, I failed at the taking it slow part but I enjoyed the heck out of it! I might have read this story quickly but I promise I savored every single part of this amazing story!

I was smiling like a fool while reading this story and that smile hasn’t left my face since I read the last sentence. Part 1 had me wish
Morelia (Strandedinbooks)
**3.5 to 4 STARS!

Umm...yes.

I have to say I'm always somewhat anxious to start a Kennedy Fox book because insta-love is there without a doubt! It's not my favorite, but TAMING HIM...well, let's just say it's the exception.
Everything was really well paced, I couldn't have seen the romance go any other way! I'm seriously floored here guys, because not only was this story so much fun (the usual with KF), but I actually really enjoyed it! I laughed, I swooned, I giggled like a little girl dammit!

Also
Courtney
Jan 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Taming Him is a great start to Kennedy's newest series, Bishop Brothers. If you know me, you know I really do not care for the southern or cowboy vibe when it comes to my reading. I don't get all flustered with their looks or charm - it's a waste on me. However, I love how Brooke and Lyra (the duo of Kennedy Fox) made this a better read for me.

Alex Bishop is a damn sweet and charming cowboy. He is the youngest of the Bishop boys - and they are pretty damn likeable. He comes across as a playboy -
Terri Handschumacher
I'm not one that is big on the Cowboy Romance, but after reading this I will definitely be reading more from this series.
Alex was perfect. In fact I want myself an Alex in my life. His mama raised him right. And his brothers are looking to be great characters for future books in this series.
River is a character that has her insecurities when it comes to life and love. And you find yourself pulling for her to see that what she has been missing is a southern gentleman.
The chemistry between Alex
Lu Bielefeld
Our hero is a womanizer and our heroine just ended a relationship where the guy was married.
The two are on vacation and connect not only with sex but with more depth.
As they separate, they keep thinking about each other.
Each one away from the other but not able to move on. The two celibates after meeting.
He just thinks and dreams about our heroine and talks about her to his family. His family is already fed up with him. And the best friend wants him to move on. When he decides to let her go, she
Jenn Amy
4 STARS

*AUDIOBOOK*

Alex Bishop is a true cowboy full of southern charm and sex appeal. He is hard working and is passionate about his family’s ranch. He is known as the playboy of the family and has no plans on settling down anytime soon. He and his best friend plan a spring break vacation down to Florida Keys and on that vacation he meets River. Neither are looking for anything long term and embark on a night of passion. Their chemistry was explosive and off the charts. A night of passion turns
Heroesinbooks
3 Stars
This is the first book in the Bishop Brothers Series and it laid a lot of the groundwork for the future books. This one focuses on Alex Bishop and River Lancaster who meet up on vacation. They both thought it would end there but fate has other plans.
This is a very sweet book with some sexy times , lots of fun and very likeable characters. I felt like it dragged a little in places but I also think that the first book in a series must be the hardest to write because it has to introduce so m
Clau
Sep 30, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: in-english, kindle
I read two books of Kennedy Fox in the past, and I didnt like them. I hated them: the plot, the characters and their toxic relationship. But Taming Him was... good, I guess. Really predictable, though.

• One Kind Heart (One Kind Deed Series Book 1)
  • Limited Time Offer (Brew Crew, #1)
  • Choose Me (All I Want, #1)
  • Launching Into Love: A First in Series Collection
  • A is for Alpha
  • Coasting (Gold Hockey, #8)
  • A Really Bad Idea
  • Tempt the Hookup (Tempt, #3)
  • Security Risk (Pelican Bay Security, #1)
  • Sugarcoated (Hot Cakes, #1)
  • Blindsided by Brooke (A Red Maple Falls Novel, #8) (Marshall Family, #2)
  • Dirty Secret (Slayers Hockey, #1)
  • The Perfect Catch (Texas Playmakers, #1)
  • Saddle Up (Ryker Ranch #1)
  • Burn So Bad (Into the Fire, #3)
  • Trust Me (West Side, #2)
  • Fractured (Southern Alphas, #2)
  • Tempting Levi
Brooke Cumberland & Lyra Parish are a duo of romance authors who teamed up to write under the USA Today Bestselling pseudonym, Kennedy Fox. They share a love of Hallmark movies & overpriced coffee. When they aren't bonding over romantic comedies, they like to brainstorm new book ideas. One day, they decided to collaborate and have some fun creating new characters that'll make you blush and your he ...more

Bishop Brothers (4 books)
  • Needing Him (Bishop Brothers, #2)
  • Chasing Him (Bishop Brothers, #3)
  • Keeping Him (Bishop Brothers, #4)

News & Interviews

“Come and get a ride on the Wild Stallion, Alex Bishop! Six-foot something, dirty blond hair, and a smart mouth to boot! He may be a cocky son of a bitch, but don’t worry, his mama taught him right. He’ll wine and dine you before fucking you till you forget your own name! Now ladies, who’s first?” 0 likes
“You can’t deny there’s something between us—a connection. I can’t quite put my finger on it, but I felt it the first time I saw you, and if my instincts are right, you did too.”
I nod in agreement but don’t offer him anything else just yet.
“But if I go back to Texas knowing I didn’t try my hardest with one of the prettiest and most
stubborn women I’ve ever met, I’ll live to regret it. And I’m sorry, darlin’, but I don’t like to regret anything in my life. So, as I said, we can go about this the hard way or the fun and easy way. I’m even willing to play all the games you want, but we’re runnin’ out of time here. So I’m going out on a limb and cutting to the chase.” He tilts my chin, so our eyes are locked. “I haven’t stopped thinking about you since that first time we met, so while we’re both here, why don’t we explore this connection we have?”
0 likes