Start by marking “When the Wind Chimes” as Want to Read:
When the Wind Chimes

When the Wind Chimes

Kaitlyn Summers is heartbroken.

When she receives an invitation to spend Christmas with her family on the Hawaiian island of Kauai, she feels it may be the perfect medicine.

She throws herself into helping her sister’s struggling art gallery, even taking a temporary job for extra money by looking after a little girl from her nephew’s school. She also begins to paint again, s
Published November 17th 2020 by Rosewind Books

To ask other readers questions about When the Wind Chimes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When the Wind Chimes

Start your review of When the Wind Chimes
Jen ♥Star-Crossed Book Blog♥
***4.5/5 Stars***

When the Wind Chimes was a cozy feel good read! Sprinkled with Christmas, family and love, this book had all of the feels of a Hallmark movie. I loved that I kept finding myself smiling and I even had to wipe a few tears away while reading. With low angst and an ending that had my heart happy long after I finished that last page, I absolutely adored this book. If you're looking for a Christmas story that will warm your heart, then definitely pick this one up!
I was oil;
Alexandrea Weis
Nov 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A warm holiday read that will wrap around your heart and never let go.
Kari Hansen
Nov 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
All Kate needs is a little time and distance to heal from the painful life her personal life has taken and there is no place better than being close to her sister and her children. What she wasn’t prepared for Lee, the infuriating yet sexy stranger who made her feel alive.

At first glance Lee and Kate’s lives may appear to be on different tracks but they are drawn to each other in a way that neither expected. It soon becomes apparent that somethings are meant to be even if you can’t see it at tha
Jennifer Burkhalter
Nov 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
If you are looking for a slow, sweet and down to earth romance then this is definitely the book for you. The character's are sweet and its nice to see feelings and thoughts that are relatable in a realistic way.
Ellen Burns
Jun 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was an outstanding read. At times, I couldn't control my laughter, and at times, I found myself crying I was so caught up in the characters. This is a feel-good, clean romance suitable for teens as well as adults. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it is made into a Hallmark movie.
Movies, Shows,
Oct 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Note: This Review contains NO spoilers

I just love reading Mary's romance stories. It is so sweet and emotional. When the Wind Chimes is just that... so much feels from beginning to end. From a broken heart to a heart renewed, When the Wind Chimes tells of the emotional journey of loss and heartache to finding a fresh new start and moving forward.

This was such a sweet love story, especially when the character wasn't really looking for love...haha! Anyways, from the first chapter, I was ta
Suniko
Nov 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-review
Hallmark movie meets book!!

A book filled with a quintessential Christmas story that has all the feel of a Hallmark movie warmth and love! A story book that will have you smiling throughout and maybe even shedding a few tears, I know I did. If you are looking for the perfect Christmas love story well you just found it

I really enjoyed watching the characters relationship unfold!

Kaitlyn Summers, aka Kate, is in Kauai to spend the holidays with her family. There she has an interesting run-in with t
Jenny Bynum Black Words-White Pages
Sometimes angels come in human form. -When the Wind Chimes

The characters were phenomenal!!! I loved reading and getting to know Kate, Bridget, Lee, Tyler and Abby. These characters made the story come to life and made all the feelers come out too.

The story-line was amazing!! It was such a warm and heartfelt story and has put me into the Christmas spirit. I completely fell in love with this story and I ended up having some chills in some parts within it. It felt like it was a true story and I got
Jeannette dods
Nov 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Grab your cozy blanket and a mug of hot chocolate. Now prepare yourself to feel all the warm and fuzzies. Kaitlyn and Leonardo's story will have you swooning and crying with happy tears. A wonderful story you'll absolutely love, I "promise to the unicorns, rainbows, and all the sparkling things"
Kim
Nov 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As soon as I heard about this book, I wanted to read it. For one thing, it is set in Kaua’i, a neighboring island. For another, it’s written by Mary Ting, and I would read the phone book if she wrote it!

When the Wind Chimes is a a beautifully sweet romance. Kaitlyn Summers has come to the island to spend the holidays with her sister and her nephew. What I love most about Kate as a character is that love and romance was the furthest thing from her mind. If anything, it was the last thing she want
Nancy Byers
Nov 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book has holiday fun, romance and the right amount of spark. Mary Ting has a gift for creating amazing book boyfriends, her stories especially romances will tug at your heart. You will love this sweet holiday romance! I am here to tell you that you will not be able to put the book down!
Ashley Cestra
Nov 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh! I do love a Christmas story, and this one has alllll the feels! I’m so excited this author is back to writing romance! Her stories have been the most memorable to me!
When the Wind Chimes is truly a heartfelt story. I really enjoyed watching the characters relationship unfold! The plot held my attention and when I finished reading, I was happy the couple got their HEA, but was sad the story was over!
Susan Burdorf
Nov 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
When The Wind Chimes is a delightful story of love, hope, and believing in the impossible. The main character is sweet and has suffered a few missteps in her life when it comes to love and hopes a change of pace in Hawaii on the island of Kuai might be just what she needs to get back on track. I loved the joy I found following her journey and highly recommend this book to readers looking for a story that draws you in and has you rooting for the good ones.
Wanda Lent
Nov 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
When the Wind Chimes is such a great story. Kaitlyn heart is broken she visits her sister and nephew in Kauai. She accepts a nanny job and meets Leonardo. Great love story. Mary Ting is my favorite author.
Cheree Castellanos Edits
Jun 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a sweet and perfect love story! I grew so attached to these amazing characters, and felt very strongly for the ones I disliked! Gorgeous setting in Hawaii in a time in five people's lives when they need to find their people and place the most!
I was lost in the setting and sweet tale that was full of emotion and heartbreaking truths of our world. And true to loves nature, it finds us where we are least expecting and when we aren't looking.
I love Kate and Lee's story, and want to hear more ab
Mary Ting
Jun 22, 2020 is currently reading it  ·  (Review from the author)
I can't wait for you to read When the Wind Chimes. 11/17/2020
The story takes place in Kauai. My favorite island. I've been there several times, and if I could, I would love to live there.

Words from three editors.

*The lightheartedness of the story was definitely what I needed on an emotional level right now, and I’ll never hear wind chimes the same way again.

*OH MY GOSH! I love this story so much! It’s so sweet and precious and Lee is AMAZING! If only real life was like this.

*Oh my heart. I ab
Cindy Fong
Jun 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This story is like being inside a Hallmark Christmas movie. Girl meets boy, a spark is struck and on a small island it is inevitable that they run into each other. Kate is sweet and at times awkward around Lee. Lee is commanding and something about Kate draws him in. It takes the friendship of two kids and Lee's love of art to push them together. Family is who you love and who loves you, sometimes your soulmate is fated like the stars. Sometimes divine intervention plays a role. This was an easy ...more
Amber
Nov 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
When the Wind Chimes is the quintessential hallmark story for the holidays. It is so beautiful it hurts, and it wraps itself completely around your heart as it weaves itself into your very soul. There is no walking away from this journey without a few scars and numerous emotions. Even if you try to keep things light, it will obliterate your walls with the power of unrelenting love and demolish even the strongest resolve with its blistering heart. You will walk away changed, better, and hopeful. ...more
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
WHEN THE WIND CHIMES is a light, contemporary read with low angst and lots of warm feel-good feelings attached to it.

I did find the blurb to be slightly confusing as Kaitlyn (Kate) did not come across as heartbroken. She was sad at the death of her brother-in-law, upset for her sister and nephew, and annoyed with her ex-boyfriend. Heartbroken though? No.

She goes to Hawai'i for Christmas as it is the first one her sister will have without her husband. Whilst there, she has two job interviews that
Tanya Roberts
Nov 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I set out to read "When the wind chimes" wrapped in a warm blanket and a cup of tea and was pleasantly welcomed into a heartwarming, funny, and romantic story.
Mary Ting captures the spirit of Christmas with her beautiful imagery and a captivating storyline that makes you want to keep reading. The exploration of relationships between children and adults seen mostly in Kate's relationship with Tyler and Bridget plays a big role in the storyline and captures quite well the tone and values of Christ
Sue M. Van
Oct 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This love story is truly heart warming. From page one, the story draws the reader in and keeps the pages turning. Happiness and tears throughout the book. This author knows how to express her words so that the reader actually feels the emotions. Mary Ting is an author who I have followed for several years now and have read most of her books. This is a first genre for her and she, as with all her books, has mastered yet another genre in her repertoire. This book is not to be missed.
Susan
Nov 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
There is so much to say about this amazing, lovely book. I was hooked from page 1. The story was so well written that I felt everything each character felt. I cried, I laughed, I didn't want it to end. Mary, you really need to write a book that is never ending. Just saying. Mary is my absolute favorite author, and she never disappoints. This was a heartfelt love story. I would love to see a book written about Abby now. Please.
Judy Jones
Nov 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was on a blog tour and i loved this book..I laughed and cried..was so sorry for the book to end..Mary always writes with so many emotions..and i hope this is just book one of a series..the characters are like an old friend and you hate to let them leave..
Kellyann
Nov 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow!! Such a great book. The plot was perfect. It was unpredictability romantic. Lee was so self preserved that not knowing what he was thinking or what he was feeling kept me glued to the pages. Kate and Lee are so perfect together. Fate brought them together. I wish there story didn’t end. The wind chimes gave me goosebumps!!!! So moving.
Valerie Roberson
Shelves: review
I’m not a romance fan, but this book drew me in right from the very beginning. The storyline is absolutely fantastic. The characters are so real you can feel their emotions and you feel like your a part of the book. I truly love that the storyline wasn’t all about sex and finding a lover, it was a truly down to earth magical adventure working up to the romance. No sex was needed as the author’s words had you feeling what wasn’t said or done. The love between sisters was very powerful and made me ...more
Elliot
Nov 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Slow, yummy build of strong attraction with a perfect happily ever after. It was wonderful to go along on this sweet journey of fate meets destiny.
Steffani
Nov 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Perfect book for the holiday season! This is such a heartwarming, feel good story. There are moments that make you laugh and moments you cry. Characters that you fall in love with. It’s the perfect read for lighthearted romance.
Angie Amezcua
Nov 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A slow burn romance with christmas magic? It truly can't get better than that.
Gracie Bustillos
Nov 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Mary did it again. A warm and heartfelt story. A sweet romance. Christmas is about love, giving, family, and friends and not just gift giving. Mary reminds you about that. This is a must read
Jennifer Billings
Nov 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this so much. Sometimes a good sweet romance is just what life orders. All the crazy in my life lately this book was just a great escape. And the images of the beautiful Hawaiian scenery are great too! I truly felt like I was there.

• The Christmas Spirit
  • Sisters of the Moon
  • Have You Seen Me?
  • Things That Should Stay Buried
  • The Kingless Crown (Kingdom of the White Sea, #1)
  • Not My Hero (Black Mountain Academy)
  • The Bone Carver (The Night Weaver Book 2)
  • A Matter of Fate (Fate, #1)
  • Cock & Bull
  • Reckless Kiss
  • The Perfect Woman (Rose Gold #2)
  • Wholly Matrimony (To Have & To Hold, #1)
  • High Society (The High Stakes Saga #3)
  • Vivian, Midnight Call Girl (Iron Orchids #6)
  • Dante (Boys & Toys Season 2 #3)
  • Our Way
  • A Guy Walks Into My Bar
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AuthorMaryTing
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/authormaryt...
Blog: http://TangledTalesOfTing.com/Blog
Twitter @MaryTing https://twitter.com/MaryTing

Mary Ting is an international bestselling, award-winning author. She writes soulful, spellbinding stories that excite the imagination and captivate readers around the world. Her books span a wide range of genres, a

News & Interviews