Start by marking “The Buffalo Pilot (Ford Stevens Military-Aviation Thriller #3)” as Want to Read:
The Buffalo Pilot (Ford Stevens Military-Aviation Thriller #3)

The Buffalo Pilot

(Ford Stevens Military-Aviation Thriller #3)

Retired military officer/pilot and #1 AMAZON bestselling author Lawrence A. Colby returns with the third explosive installment in the Ford Stevens thrillers.

"If you’re a fan of Larry Colby’s high-flying series starring Air Force Reserve Major Ford Stevens, hold on tight . . . because this book is going to rock you to your core." --The Real Book Spy

On Power Reads List: "...
Kindle Edition, 1
Published August 25th 2020 by Mach278 LLC Books

To ask other readers questions about The Buffalo Pilot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Buffalo Pilot

Start your review of The Buffalo Pilot (Ford Stevens Military-Aviation Thriller #3)
Julie Watson
Aug 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lawrence Colby’s THE BUFFALO PILOT is an extraordinary book on many levels. I was initially struck by how revealing it was of the day to day cultural behavior of those that grew up in cities around the Great Lakes. I originate from NE Ohio and I’ve been to many of these cities-Buffalo, Cleveland, Toledo, Detroit, Gary, Chicago, Milwaukee, and you would find ordinary people exhibiting the same behavior, speech patterns, priorities in life, jobs, and concern for survival in an uncertain future. It ...more
Kashif
Sep 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Buffalo Pilot is an intriguing tale of corruption and crime, set in the backdrop of politics and Jet fuel.

The story revolves around a congressman being blackmailed by a crime mob to close down a US Air Force Reserve base. With a sinister right hand of the congressman planning devastating means of making sure the base gets closed down, Ford Stevens and Charlie Stevens get wrapped up in a dangerous plot. Ford Stevens is the commander of the air refueling squadron at the base, with his younger
John
Sep 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Mystery fans
I Have now read all Three of The Ford Stevens series. I loved the first two. As a USAF veteran I loved all the flying. I started Buffalo Pilot expecting more of the same. But this one was different. From the start the plot started to draw me in and as the plot unfolded I could not put it down! It’s hard to say more without giving the plot and especially the ending away. WELL DONE MR. COLBY ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
You did not disappoint!
Glen
Aug 25, 2020 rated it it was ok
I won this book in a goodreads drawing.

This is one of those books where the title character is a guest star in their own series. It's really about Ford's brother, and the psychotic underling of a local congressman.

The Native American mafia of Buffalo New York want to build a giant casino, and they'll resort to any underhanded tactics to get it. This concept is actually interesting, but is never really developed in favor of description's of the underling's mental problems.

A missed opportunity.
Thomas Lennek
Sep 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I won this book on Goodreads and was very happy I did. Silly me, by the title I thought I would be getting a historical aviation thriller, about an ill-fated pilot flying the Brewster Buffalo pursuit plane, hopelessly outclassed by Japanese Zeros during our entry into WWII. Instead, I received a military aviation thriller masquerading as a mystery in a political wrapper. Author Colby does a superior job depicting the activities of an Air Force Reserve Squadron coping with supporting critical US ...more
Harold Eric
Aug 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The first two books in the series had hooked me and I was eagerly anticipating the third. I had very high expectations, and the author delivered! The Buffalo Pilot started different than the previous two and it threw me for a loop. But as the book progressed, I found myself getting deeper into the story to the point I couldn’t put the book down.
Overall, I am pleased that Colby had slightly varied his approach and that his writing and flow continues to excel. 5 stars, you will NOT be disappointe
Matt Persson
Sep 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lawrence Colby sure can tell a story!! Wow the Buffalo Pilot continues his series and introduces Charlie Stevens along with a lot more characters. With superb character development and story telling. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and was moved by the ending. Mr Colby is now a must read!!
Jeff Harper
Sep 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Excellent ending book to the series

Wrapped up character development for this three book series. While friends characters. Action was fast paced which kept me involved for a faster read than I normally have.
Peter Dundee
Sep 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great continuation of the series and loved all the technical flying stuff. I am sure there is more to come
Allen Kuhns
Aug 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great

I really enjoyed reading this Great Book and hope they are many more to come with Charlie at the d as the main character.
Alan Jenner
Jun 10, 2021 rated it liked it
A fun read, but not as the author’s first two. I guess it’s because it’s theme wasn’t the similar to the first two. But hey, ya can’t have the Chinese military the villain again!
Jeffrey L
Sep 14, 2020 rated it liked it
Good story

Good story overall, making a nice change of pace from the first books. 3 stars because of the stilted dialog.
Amy
Aug 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I saw up this series while in Hilton Head and was immediately drawn to it. I’m interested in aviation just as Ford was. In the course of a month and a half I finished all three books.

The buffalo pilot was slightly different seeing as the plot was not directed around stealing a stealth jet. However, this was a refreshing and interesting twist to the series.

As you read through the book, you begin to piece together the details and fully see the big picture. It is as if you were part of the story
ROLLIE HECKETHORN
Nov 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Not formulaic that's for sure!

Hmmm, how to describe the newest book from Lawrence Colby without a spoiler alert? Get it! Read it! You'll understand perfectly! Guaranteed. Thirsty for more...
ANTON SIEGFRIED NOZ
Apr 17, 2021
Craig
Sep 14, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Fight Fight (Raven One, #3)
  • Raven One (Raven One, #1)
  • For Duty and Honor (Rick Holden #2)
  • On Station: The final saga in the authentic military thriller series (US Navy Historical Thrillers Book 3)
  • Declared Hostile (Raven One, #2)
  • The Silver Waterfall
  • Carrier War: Authentic military action in a tense thriller (US Navy Historical Thrillers Book 2)
  • Kobani: This is the Future of War
  • Operation Golden Dawn
  • Arabian Storm (Hunter Killer #5)
  • Aluminum Rain (The Watson Saga #1)
  • The Coronado Conspiracy (Rick Holden #1)
  • The Legend of White 19 (The Watson Saga #3)
  • The China Sea
  • Okinawa (Future War #2)
  • The Torchlight Gambit
  • Sea of Wolves
  • Immortal Hate (Cobra, #5)
Lawrence A. Colby is the #1 AMAZON bestselling author of The Ford Stevens Military-Aviation Thriller Series. His books are published in over 12 countries and are enjoyed from the US and UK to India and beyond.

A former Marine Corps attack pilot and Air Force tactical pilot, he has worked and flown all over the globe. Over his 28-years in the military, he worked in locations from Iraq and Afghanista

Ford Stevens Military-Aviation Thriller (3 books)
  • The Devil Dragon Pilot (Ford Stevens Military-Aviation Thriller #1)
  • The Black Scorpion Pilot: A Ford Stevens Military-Aviation Thriller