Start by marking “Proposition #1 (Illicit Deals #1)” as Want to Read:
Proposition #1 (Illicit Deals #1)

Proposition #1

(Illicit Deals #1)

A Virgin Auction Romance

When your brother’s life depends on you paying his debts, you find a way to do it. Even if it means selling the only thing of value you have left.
Yourself.

This short story contains detailed scenes and ends with a HFN.
Published June 21st 2020

To ask other readers questions about Proposition #1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Proposition #1

Start your review of Proposition #1 (Illicit Deals #1)
Ana Elena
Jun 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed very much reading this book! In my opinion the author managed to create something new and unique!
Even if life hasn't been too gentle with the heroine, I admire her for her courage, her strength, her desire to move on and succeed.
She doesn't let herself be defeated by anything and she is doing everything she can for the wellbeing of her family. She is ready to sacrifice eveything she has so that her brother can be safe. This devotion and commitment from someone so young is something she
Niki
Aug 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars
Steamy as hell opener to this series. It's always hard for me to rate these little shorts just because they are so short and it's hard to get much depth but this was good. I will definitely be looking for the next one to find out just what Leo's new proposition for Cadence is now.
Dennis
Dec 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bdsm, dark
Naughty Little Short Story that is fun.

This is a naughty little short story that is a fun read. It didn't take me long, but it was a fun read. Cadence's brother gets involved with the mob and ends up owing them money that he is unable to pay back. Cadence gets offered a chance to sell her virginity and she accepts. Leo uses a proxy and buys her. They have a memorable night and Leo intends more. I want to read more by Leann Ryans.
Terri Trawets
Jun 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Cadence and her brother, Michael, lost their father in Afghanistan while they were still in grade school. Slowly, their mother began to develop Alzheimer’s. Cadence worked two jobs to make ends meet. In order to help with the finances, Michael chose to carry and deliver drugs. Unfortunately, he was robbed and they now owe more money than Cadence could earn.
Leo, the son of the mob boss, offers her a proposition. She can pay off her brother’s debt if she is willing to offer herself at an auction.
Badh
Jun 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
I thought that Candace was really strong. She did everything she could to make sure that her family was safe and taken care of, no matter what. I kind of got frustrated with her brother, but I understand why he did what he did, but it just made Candace's life a lot harder.

Leo wasn't a terrible guy. I'm not entirely sure that he was a good guy, but not a bad guy. I'm looking forward to finding out more about him
Sue Philips
Oct 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for a review
As usual Leann doesn't disappoint with this story. Cadence has a major dilemma on her hands when her young brother gets himself into a heap of mess. With bills piling up and a very sick mother, it's up to Cadence to keep a roof over their heads. but when he brother runs foul of the wrong people Candence has no choice but to accept a proposition from a hunky, sexy guy (aren't they all?) Will she accept this proposition and what does it e
Karen
Oct 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Leo Leo Leo

Wow. What a proposition. This man is just HOT! He screams sex appeal. And he has his sights set on sweet little innocent Cadence. I am a sucker for mafia auction stories I must say. Something about a hot mafia man who can have any woman but wants the one girl he can't have. Yes we have seen this trope before but Leann does it so well. She owns the hot alpha smut scenes. Now I need more. Leo may not be through with Cadence, but I surely not done with him either. Bring it on.
Suzan E
Oct 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Cadence is placed in an untenable position when her brother ends up owing drug dealers a lot of money. She offers herself up at a virgin auction, bought by the man who suggested it to her in the first place; the son of the man her brothers owes. Proposition #1 shows what happens when Leo takes what he is owed, but will it be enough? Sexy, interesting and leaves the reader wanting more.
Smart Kinky Diva
Jul 03, 2020 rated it it was ok
I didn't finish reading this book. It's not completely fair to grade it but I'm going to anyway. When the main female lead refers to her mother as "mama" I have trouble imagining someone sexy. D ...more
Michelle Claypot_Reads
Dec 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a fun dirty quickie. Leo was just the type of bossy alpha I enjoy. Looking forward to next book
Jackie Moore
Jun 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the author's first foray into non-Omegaverse and I think she blew it out of the park! It is a quick read, and ends in HFN. Which makes me happy because I think this author is a great one to read and I loved how she wrote this one! I also can't wait to see where this story leads! It packs a punch for a starter to the story and I highly recommend you give this story and author a try! ...more
Jun 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is the typical virgin auction tale but written in a way that keeps you interested and wanting more. All of the characters involved bring something to this story. From the main characters to the side characters, each one brings an important element to the story. I especially want to know more from Madame and the cousin who wasn’t named. What will he ask for now that Leo “owes” him? Possible new book?

Even though this story ends on a cliffhanger (the bane of my reading existence), I’m anxious
Mitzi Moore
Jun 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A young 21 year girl struggles to take care of her ailing mother and younger brother by working 2 jobs, when her younger brother tries to help out by becoming a runner for the mafia. He screws up royally leaving Cadence no choice but to face the mafia kingpin to buy time to payoff her brothers debt. While the kingpin does find humor in the fact Cadence wants to make good on what her brother had botched, he only gives her 2 weeks to come up more money than she makes in a year. During this discuss ...more
Darcy Smith
Jun 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this shorter story very much. It was well written and beautifully tasteful. It has a sweetness in a bad world full of bad things happening to good people. Cadence And Leo have strong chemistry and it is felt throughout the story. Yes, it does end in a cliffhanger but the journey to it was intriguing. It didn’t leave you feeling like you didn’t have the full story. It leaves you wanting more. It is a bad boy meets good girl and has explosive chemistry. It has amazing descriptions that a ...more
Michelle
Jun 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Cadence is a smart and hard working. She does what she needs to to keep her family afloat, even if the struggle is hard. When an unexpected issue comes up, it's up to her to figure a way out of it or lose more of those she loves. What she doesn't expect is for Leo to step in and offer her an olive branch. However it comes at a price. The reward though, can be a win-win for both her and him. But is she willing to play the cards she has been given?

At first, I thought, not another save my family fr
Joann Herley
Jul 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Proposition #1 was a very enjoyable read. The heroine uses the only thing of value to pay off her brother's debts, herself. The characters were well developed and they had great interaction with plenty of sizzle. ...more
Mom2three
Jun 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I've read, and loved, Leann Ryans's Omegaverse stories so I was thrilled to get my hands on this. I wasn't disappointed, in the least. The story is a contemporary, mob boss, steamy read. The plot is fun, it has a nice pace, and it's very well written. I loved Leo and Cadence, and it was easy to become invested in them. I appreciated that there isn't instant love, even with the electrifying heat between the two, and that you can tell they are developing feelings for each other. Another thing of n ...more
R Rais
Jun 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Leann Ryans is fairly a new author for me. I know her from her omegaverse books. And to read her something new in contemporary romance with this book, I'll say she's doing a good job with it.

Proposition is a light read. A virgin auction and a Mafia heir kinda romance.

When Cadence was cornered, having debt after debt surround her neck and then her brother's life threatened with no one could help and nothing sell but her self, there's only one way Cadence see as a way out.

When Leo saw her, he k
Sara
Jun 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It’s such a great start to a new series, I can’t wait to read more about this couple! The chemistry between them comes across as very genuine and there is a lot of emotional depth to the book. I really liked the way the hero was so protective and caring, despite his background.

Merged review:

I really enjoyed this book. It’s such an interesting start to a new series, I can’t wait to read more about this couple and find out where their story goes. The chemistry between them comes
Patricia Hoffstaetter
Jun 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: finished-reading
This is short but very intriguing mafia romance & a splendid start to a new series. This plot is well-written & quite intriguing with interesting characters that have good chemistry between them although the male character (Leo Galleon) is inclined to be quite manipulative in acquiring his heart’s desire who happens to be a rather innocent young woman (Cadence Green) who is trying to help her younger brother (Michael) out of a dangerous predicament.
There is: mafia, drug peddling, financial issu
Deanna
Jun 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
i really liked this book... it's different then what Leann usually writes, but it was still her amazing writing style. For a mafia guy Leo is really rather sweet. Candence is in trouble with the mafia... or rather her brother is and she is determined to save him. when these two meet fireworks explode.. the chemistry between them practically leaps off the page.

I can't wait for the next book in the series to see what is gonna happen next. Candence has cleared all her brothers trouble up with the m
Nancy
Jun 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Cadence was a good girl in bad situation not of her making. Forced to work two jobs to make ends meet, caring for a sick mother and a brother who made a mistake, one she would pay dearly for. After her brother gets deep in debt with some very bad people Candace seeks a way out. Leo, the son of the mob boss who holds her brother life in his hands, sees the fire in Candace and decides to offer her a way out, He has a Proposition... one with a price, but is she willing to take it? Read this little ...more
Suzy
Jun 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this book Proposition #1 Illicit Deals by Leann Ryans. It had a fantastic storyline and amazing characters. I found it sexy and romantic and it held a lot of charisma. Cadence has to protect her little brother who gets in trouble with the mafia. He try’s to get a job to help with the bills since his mom was diagnosed with Alzheimers but things go bad. She has no way of paying them back and the comes Leo the mob boss’s son. He offers Cadence a proposition to good to pass up. Leo de ...more
Whiskeylily
Jun 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
A fun short mafia read, this book sets up the storyline just enough for you to look forward to the couple's next step. It's easy to admire Cadence and what she is willing to do to protect her family, and Leo is so deliciously alpha that you can forgive him for taking advantage; I'm very excited to see what is in store for these two!

Kerri Vogel
Jun 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a new genre for this author, who usually writes omegaverse stories, but you wouldn't know that when reading this story. The story is well written and the characters are well developed even in this short novel. The main character is strong and willing to make unspeakable sacrifices to protect her family. You get just a peak into how flawed the main love interest and are left wanting to know more about him in the stories to come. Can't wait for the next book! ...more
Susan Cox
Jun 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What was he thinking?

She never imaged this situation. Still she agreed to save him. Cadence is innocent in so many ways but she has the balls to pull it off. Meeting Leo takes her down a different path. The characters are strong but have soft sides. The sex is hot and the story line is great. If you enjoy mafia tales this quick read is awesome. I can’t wait to read the next book Leann writes!
Marykate
Jun 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Cadence Green was the good girl. She earned high marks in school, worked two jobs, did everything that she could possibly do to take care of her sick mother and younger brother. But the walls came crashing down when her brother made one stupid mistake. Now the bad guy is coming to collect, and there is only one thing that Leo wants from virginal Cadence: one night of pure, unadulterated passion.
Sharon
Jun 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a very short story that took me about an hour to read. The main characters, Cadence and Leo are from different social standing but when they come together you would think they were born for each other. It’s a great read.

SBee Reviews
Jul 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
★ “…bad luck and random chance” ★

—>>> Cadence has to step in on her brother’s troubles when his plan to make quick money by running drugs backfires. Now he owes the mafia over 20K, and it is going to come out of his big sister’s hide, because they were never going to be able to pay the Galleon family back. Sweet and sexy contemporary mafia read from this author!
Elvira
Jul 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Cadence is a smart and hard working but as hard as she works it just doesn’t seem to be enough. Enter Leo with a proposition. This was an interesting read with characters that are well developed and engaging with plenty of chemistry. The storyline flowed easily. Looking forward to reading more.

• Unknown Omega (Alpha Elite, #1)
  • Unnatural Omega (Alpha Elite #2)
  • Sweet Cruelty (Sweet Savagery, #1)
  • Prey (Omega Prey, #1)
  • Omega Awakening (The Controllers, #0.5)
  • Unbalanced Omega (Alpha Elite #3)
  • Rite of the Omega (Blood Rites Duet, #1)
  • Oath of the Alpha (Blood Rites Duet, #2)
  • Untouched Omega (Alpha Elite #4)
  • Boss
  • December (The Sacred Omegas #1)
  • Vicious Oath (Ivanov Crime Family #2)
  • Wicked Idol
  • Her Broken Alpha
  • Suck: Suck, Bang & Blow
  • The Last Sacrifice (The Sacrifice Trilogy #1)
  • Hunted
  • Dark Cherries (Conmen and Billionaires #1)
Wife and mother of three, I spend my days negotiating for my sanity with a tiny terrorist I created while trying to cook, clean, read, and write my own books. Facebook is the best place to find me or you can sign up for my newsletter here(http://eepurl.com/gE-ysv) to keep up with current and upcoming projects as well as special promotions and such.

I grew up on Sci-fi and Fantasy books with some of

Illicit Deals (2 books)
  • Proposition #2 (Illicit Deals #2)