Start by marking “Bloodborn Prince (Mortal and Divine #2)” as Want to Read:
Bloodborn Prince (Mortal and Divine #2)

Bloodborn Prince

(Mortal and Divine #2)

As a bloodborn Nephilim, Vincent’s power of seduction can compel beings to spill their secrets, but he seeks to know the mysteries of only one man's soul—those of his protector, Henri.

Torn between his grief over Orlando’s death and his soul’s rebirth as his own bloodborn kin, Henri resists Vincent’s amorous advances. Even as the bond between them intensifies, and his self-
Published August 7th 2020 by Laura Lascarso

To ask other readers questions about Bloodborn Prince, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bloodborn Prince

Start your review of Bloodborn Prince (Mortal and Divine #2)
M.I.A

So damn good!!!!
5 glorious, epic, chilling, exhilarating, beautiful, captivating Stars.
Mortal and Divine is without a doubt my most favorite series of 2020. I don't see that changing.
My patience is about to be tested while waiting for Parousia to come out.

How to even review this. Just freaking read it because seriously none of my words will do this story justice. Also, I'm too overly exited so this is bound to be one chaotic gush-fest of a review .

It's so intricate and perception is ever
h o l l i s
Listen. I am hella privileged to be one of the beta-ish readers for this series so it's impossible to say that I am totally unbiased about this world after being in it for so long however I do want to say that I've read this book three times and I loved it more each time.

This series, in general, is delightful because it feels different from so many other paranormal romances out there, queer or otherwise, and because it's just dark enough to thrill you without leaning too hard on any particular b
Xia Xia
description

Bloodborn Prince is currently my favorite book from the series. It has it all:
*Villains you can't help but root for
*Passionate devotion (view spoiler)
*Plot twists
*Shade Vales! - my favorite place.
*Demon hunting
*Nail biting tension
*Hot hot love making
*A writing style so lyrical, and a prose so beautiful and personal it gives you the impression you're reading the private letters of two real people.
________________________________

I can't wait for Parousia!
__
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
I'm going to try to do this without spoiling so get ready for THE VAGUENESS.

I make no bones about being a squishy marshmallow. This series isn't exactly squishy marshmallow material but I'm ok with that as long as I know what I'm getting into beforehand. The problem is Book of Orlando was...

So to say my expectations were high for Bloodborn Prince is an understatement.

I guess they were too high.

First things first, the world building is on point. There's no denying that but I'm a character and r
Starr (AKA Starrfish) Rivers
Jul 25, 2020 rated it liked it
Recommended to Starr (AKA Starrfish) by: Claudie ☾
As I said below in the status updates, this book was kinda weird. While Book 1 was intriguing and fresh because of the second person POV, and the melodic, almost haunting way of writing, this book was definitely less fresh (because I'm used to it) and for much of it, just plain boring.

It went on, and on, and on! Because the relationship between the 2 MCs has already been established in book 1, the first oh 60-70% of this book was just plain SLOW. Vincent's childhood, his interactions with this m
Kazza
I started this at 2.30 am because I have no time, and who needs sleep, right? I do... but that's beside the point. This will be an interrupted reading/reviewing attempt as I have life and work and text books and family all needing my attention.

However, so far, the moral ambiguity is even greater. Ah, Henri - and by that I mean Laura Lascarso -from 5 y/o to the smell of placenta. You have my indebtedness for going for it. The dialogue works, the sweet but dark notes. It's like butter wouldn't me
Claudie ☾
Finding this series was one of the best and worst thing that’s ever happened to me. Best, because both Bloodborn Prince and Book of Orlando are my absolute favorite reads of 2020, and I don’t see that changing anytime soon. Worst, because THE WAIT FOR THE FINAL BOOK IS GOING TO KILL ME! 😭

First of all, let me just say that I’m a HUGE fan of Lascarso’s writing style. The unique POV aside, there’s just something so beautiful about her voice. It’s so emotional and different, and that really enhances
Quaint
Oct 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Please give the book 3

“ There is a strait between my islands where the sirens sing,” I said. “Where ships have wrecked and men have died, caught between the mercurial sea and its rocky shores.” I didn’t know why that thought had sprung to mind, except that I felt as helpless as a sailor with you in my arms.”

“You were my homeland and my reason for war. My devotion to you was eternal. I’ll follow you anywhere.”
...............
I swallowed my moans all the time in this book from overflowing emotions
Lieve
Dec 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm-romance
Where to begin with this review ?
I don’t want to spoil it for others by giving too much away ( but it’ll be so difficult at times ,though…)
The blurb of this book says enough about the way this story begins so I don ‘t have to tell it again .
Bloodborn Prince is the second installment of the Mortal and Divine trilogy. Blood crimes and betrayal abound.
There is so much going on in this book ; confusing plot-twists like mad, taking us on a very crazy and intriguing adventure into this bloodthirsty
Al *the semi serial series skipper*

I was so excited to read this book. After book 1 I just couldn't wait. When this came out, I got it immediately but then I saw a different name ( I had pretty much forgotten book 1 at this point) so I decided to reread book 1 first. Terrific decision right there, I was able to follow this book clearly.

I loved Henri and Vicente. I didn't love the pacing. We already saw how Henri and Orlando's relationship came to be. We saw how Henri met Orlando when he was a kid and kept showing up till
Hayley ☾ (TheVillainousReader)
This book is seriously so hard for me to write a review on because I feel like everything, and I mean
e v e r y t h i n g is a spoiler.

So for a vague and spoiler free review I will say:

I still think about Book of Orlando all the time. It started off the year as one of my favorite reads, and I’m 99% sure that by the time this year ends it will stay that way. Safe to say, I could not wait to get my hands on Bloodborn Prince and return to the world of Mortal & Divine. ⁣

I loved returning to the un
Joyfully Jay
Sep 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: michelle
A Joyfully Jay review.

Bloodborn Prince is book two in the Mortal and Divine series. The books are meant to be read in order and reading anything about the events in this book will open up spoilers for the series.

This series is amazing and the allure is there to get to the full story quickly.

The book opens with Vincent and Henri’s personal relationships and lays a new foundation for them and then effortlessly transitions to the battle and the inevitable war. It’s fascinating to watch V
~nikki the recovering book addict
Hmmm... 3.5 stars?

I was so excited after the first book. But after I got past the excitement, I was kinda bored. And honestly, I almost gave up at the midway point. I just didn’t see why we had to know all the minutiae of Vincent’s life. It was only the last 40% that was relevant, in my opinion and prolly the last 20% that was exciting.

I don’t know.... I’m definitely torn about this book 😟
Lisazj1
This awesome gift is from There’s some HO HO HO’s in this house, who really made my evening!! 😂😂🥰 Thanks so much, I’m looking forward to it. ❤️
Jennifer Ali
Holy Crap. L Lascarso knows how to write. She just does this amazing thing in her writing that constantly makes you think you're either going to love or hate what will happen on the next page - you read her books in a constant state of anxiety (My nails are non-existent now) - which just makes you greedy for her next page.

I love when i can picture the movie - when the writing is so visually stimulating you can see every scene, every face, every room. Thats not even necessarily because every sce
Long Nguyen
Feb 25, 2021 rated it really liked it
"You returned to me in a torrential downpour that blurred the world like a smudge of paint on an otherwise orderly canvas"

The opening to Laura Lascarso's second installment in the Mortal and Divine series kept my love for her beauty prose going. And it was sustained throughout the book with scattered pieces of inspired writings like that.

Trading emotions for suspense in her second book, Laura reunited Henri with his lover, now reincarnated as a bloodborn and named Vincent. Together they discover
Elleh
Aug 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I HAVE NO WORDS TO DESCRIBE HOW MUCH I LOVE THESE BOOKS’ WRITING I SWEAR. I AM VERY EMOTIONAL I KNEW THIS BOOK WAS GONNA END WITH A SLAP JUST LIKE THE FIRST ONE AND NOW I AM VERY SAD AND VERY IN NEED OF THE THIRD ONE.
Layla
Jan 12, 2021 added it
Holy freaking hell.... these guys can't catch a break!!! I am in love with this series!
Review to come!
Christine
Aug 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Can’t believe it’s taking me this long to write a review on this. The more I love a book the harder it is for me to find the right words. I still don’t have the words but f@ck it.

The first half of this book saw me squealing like a school girl. Nothing pleases me more that to be consumed by two mc’s. I could literally be happy with two mc’s and four walls. Maybe a mattress too.

Vincent and Henri are swoon worthy even during the platonic stage of the relationship.

The second half broug
Jenni Wolff
Aug 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: laura-lascarso
I’ve just finished devouring Bloodborn Prince. The follow up to Book of Orlando. It can’t have been easy producing a book as good as its predecessor but Laura Lascarso has done it. Actually Bloodborn Prince was even better. I’m sorry but I shed a tear at the end for Vincent. I hate to think what he’s facing and the final book will be no doubt hard to read. Be under no illusion Bloodborn Prince is dark, violent, and very sexy. A typical Laura Lascarso read involves amazing writing, a strong story ...more
Ashleigh
Jun 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook, 2020-reads, mm-bl, arcs
5 stars

Nobody talk to me until the next book comes out.

I don’t know how to articulate how amazing this book is. I was obsessed with the Book of Orlando and I’m equally obsessed with Bloodborn Prince. This world is so wonderful. Henri and Vincent’s relationship had me slowly dying until the very end. AND THE ENDING. Seriously I just sat there open mouth because I needed more.

* ARC gifted to me by the author *
———-

*grabby hands*

GIMME GIMME GIMME
Tia
Aug 12, 2020 rated it liked it

I was a tad disappointed in this long-awaited sequel. What I loved about the first book seemed to be missing from the second. The first book was a love story with the strange and unique conflicts that come from loving a powerful being without a body. This book was primarily about the escalating conflict between Azrael and Lena, but even this aspect of the plot seemed to be more mundane than it had the potential for, given the backdrop of a brewing war between angels and demons. Instead,
Mark
Aug 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Laura Lascarso has achieved her goal of keeping me up past my bedtime with both books in this series. I’m usually a patient man, but waiting for Parousia will be difficult as Henri and Orlando / Vincent’s story is just so unique and irreplaceable.
Tess
That ending... NOOOO
AMHH
Aug 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved the first book in this series: it broke my heart and got me invested. This installment was even more intense, and I am now desperately awaiting the last one. I both hate and love how the protagonists never catch a break for long.

Henri and Vincent are even more perfect together than Henri and Orlando were, and while it’s difficult to describe why without spoilers, I will just say that there’s more balance between them now, and more hope, despite the very dark forces that conspire, on eit
VVivacious
Nov 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Okay, this book was so good. I truly can't believe how good it was. It's been a long time since I found a book that was amazing enough to read in one go because I didn't want to stop at all.

With the previous book in this series, even though I read it pretty quickly, I wasn't able to sustain the momentum. The story would progress and my mind would begin to wander till I took a break and came back to the book but with this one, even though the story moves from one part of Vincent's life to another
Sabrina
Shawn Cha
Jan 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow just wow

Ok first of all the author really needs to fix the synopsis of the book because the way it’s described is that henri meets someone new by the name of Vincent. Little did we know that Vincent all along was Orlando from the first book.
In this book we get to see henri and Vincent grow together again and learning to forgive one another for past mistakes. I still hate Lena she’s still the same manipulative. Hopefully we can get more background on azreal. Can’t wait for next book.
J
3.5 stars. I didn't enjoy this one nearly as much as Book #1 (5 stars). I found myself skimming quite a bit. Yes, someone important reappears but we spent a lot of time not being able to relish that reappearance (which, for me, kind of made a boring story) and lots of intrigue and violence that seemed a little over the top.

The ending was a cliffhanger, again, but with enough juicy tidbits provided that I'm sure I'll pick up book #3.
Brittany
Sep 07, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I regret not immediately diving into this book as soon as I downloaded it! Bloodborn Prince did not disappoint, and while I admittedly forgot some of the plot points of book 1, I was almost immediately brought back to the world of Henri within the first few pages! The writing and prose had me hooked, and I couldn’t put it down. I forgot how much I enjoy this authors writing style. Very refreshing after reading a few duds recently! Can’t wait to see how Laura will wrap up this series in book 3!

• The Boy Who Loved Wicked
  • Surviving the Merge (Chadwick #1)
  • Feral (The Wrong Alpha, #2)
  • The Jock
  • Precious
  • Handled (Handled, #1)
  • Follow the River (River of Rain, #1)
  • After Rain Falls (River of Rain #2)
  • The Murder Between Us
  • Reign of Darkness (The Prince's Assassin #2)
  • Unnatural (The Wrong Alpha, #1)
  • Eternal Sin (Primal Sin, #2)
  • Love Always, Wild (For Him, #1)
  • We Have Till Monday
  • We Have Till Dawn
  • Bad Habits (Wages of Sin #1)
  • I've Walked Where You've Been
  • King of the Dark (The Prince's Assassin #1)
Laura Lascarso wants you to stay up way past your bedtime reading her stories. She aims to inspire more questions than answers in her fiction and believes in the power of storytelling to heal and transform a society.

When not writing, Laura can be found screaming “finish” on the soccer fields, rewatching Avatar: The Last Airbender, and trying to convince politicians to act on climate change. She l

Mortal and Divine (3 books)
  • Book of Orlando (Mortal and Divine #1)
  • Parousia (Mortal and Divine #3)

News & Interviews