Start by marking “Brigham Plaza” as Want to Read:
Brigham Plaza

Brigham Plaza

Most hackers think they’re going to live forever; Johnny San Vito isn’t so optimistic. While snooping around a protected construct in Vinestead International’s virtual reality network, he starts to get the feeling this might be his final visit to cyberspace. To preserve his data and leave a trail for his friends, he manages to prime a Dead Man’s Loop just in time for the n ...more
Kindle Edition
Published September 1st 2020

To ask other readers questions about Brigham Plaza, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Brigham Plaza

Start your review of Brigham Plaza
Carl
Aug 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
I was lucky enough to receive a free, advance copy of this book from the author.

Daniel writes within the genres of sci-fi, cyberpunk, and dystopian fiction so, on one hand, this is my home. As a lover of both Blade Runners, Mad Max, The Matrix, I have at least one foot planted firmly in this camp. But look on my bookshelves, and you’ll see nothing like that. I watch sci-fi - I watch a lot of it - but I don’t really read it. And, although he didn’t change my view that traditional sci-fi is not n
Megan
Sep 01, 2020 rated it liked it
Just finished this book and initial impressions follow:

It's hackers vs the man. Some throw back to early internet days. Fun book, lots of action and some pretty cool ideas about the possibilities of humans, machines, and virtual reality.
Things I liked: biochips and the ability to regulate our brain and body responses, the blurring of lines between reality & virtual reality , man & machine, sane & insane- what is real, anyway?, visiting characters from previous books, seeing them interact with e
Scott Graber
Sep 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you’re a fan of Verastiqui’s previous works then you absolutely won’t be disappointed, yet new readers will still find it exciting and cyberpunk-ily fresh.

The interweaving non-linear story line, R-rated risqué rowdiness (although much more toned down in this book), dialogue bouncing between clever and snarky, and futuristic technology hybridized with 90s nostalgia (e.g. a Blockbuster Video on one page to a virtual reality orgy on the next) - all make for an emotionally riveting read.

Who kill
Jay Roy
Sep 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very fitting middle chapter of the Vinestead Anthology

I thought Brigham was Verastiqui's best paced book thus far and I felt that the action from chapter-to-chapter made me want to ignore the rest of the world and keep reading. Story progression held plenty of turns to keep the reader guessing, especially when combined with the knowledge from the rest of the series.

As a fan of the genre, there was enough tech to keep my cyber-nerd satiated while leaving enough room for the characters.

Brigham
Billy Moran
Sep 09, 2020
Tatiana
Sep 02, 2020
Julia Grubbs
Oct 10, 2019
Daniel Verastiqui
Sep 01, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Nelson

• Rob My Heart and Hope to Die
  • Housing Finance 2020
  • Boss Vibes: Self-Esteem, Success, and the Art of Etiquette
  • Smarter Together: How Communities Are Shaping the Next Revolution in Business
  • Spark (Burning Moon #1)
  • The Wife Upstairs
  • Dark Horses
  • God an Autobiography as Told to a Philosopher
  • Kids are Crazy Funny
Daniel Verastiqui writes dystopian cyber-thrillers from his home in Austin, Texas. His latest novel, Brigham Plaza, is the sixth entry in the Vinestead Anthology, a series of books that take place in a shared alternate reality but aren't direct sequels. His books explore the themes of relationships and identity in the context of ubiquitous technology, pervasive violence, and questionable nudity.

Le