Start by marking “Charmed by the Cowboy (Blackwater Ranch #2)” as Want to Read:
Charmed by the Cowboy  (Blackwater Ranch #2)

Charmed by the Cowboy

(Blackwater Ranch #2)

She’s been left before, so now she does the leaving. Can he convince her to stay?

Maddie Faulkner can’t seem to find a place to call home, even in her twenties. Getting attached only makes it hurt more when she has to leave. And leaving is inevitable. For now, she’s back on the ranch she loved as a child and desperate to conceal any connection to the crimes of her parents.
Published September 17th 2020 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Charmed by the Cowboy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Charmed by the Cowboy

Start your review of Charmed by the Cowboy (Blackwater Ranch #2)
K. Leah
Jul 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Harding brothers have certainly stolen my heart! Lucas is an all-around great guy and when Maddie shows up on the ranch, he has a hard time convincing her he is truly that kind of person. Her guard is up so high he doesn't think he'll ever be able to break down her walls. This second book in the Blackwater Ranch series is another favorite to add to the list. ...more
Sonya Wasden
Sep 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lucas Harding had grown up on his family's ranch, the Blackwater Ranch. He was a bit of a prankster and had charm that was hard to resist. But, when he met their new employee, Maddie Faulkner, she seemed to have a shell he couldn't breach with his charm and he was drawn to her.

Maddie had a difficult childhood that had left her scarred and closed off to relationships. Everyone, but her aunt, had left her and she didn't want to go through the same heartache. Plus, she had history at the Blackwate
Kirby
Sep 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It's no secret to anyone who regularly reads my reviews that Mandi Blake is one of my all time favorite authors. I adore her sweet, well developed characters, her small town settings, her adorable romances, and the fact that her books always have the faith element at the front and center. Charmed by the Cowboy was everything I was hoping for and more, and I think readers everywhere are going to adore Lucas and Maddie's charming romance.

While Charmed by the Cowboy has a bit of a second chance rom
Angeline
Dec 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Okay so this was a cute one. I had read Remembering the Cowboy and I found Lucas really enjoyable. I was super excited to see that he had his own book, I knew that I had to read it. Charmed by the Cowboy is the second book in Mandi Blake’s Blackwater Ranch series.
I always like Ms. Blake’s characters, they feel real to me. Maddie Faulkner and Lucas Harding were no different. Maddie had always wanted a place to belong, she just wanted a room that she could rest in. She left Blackwater Ranch year
Miranda W. Morehead
Sep 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book by Mandi Blake I have read and I love how she creates stories of love and healing with likable and relatable characters. She organically weaves elements of true faith into the storyline so that the reader gets to experience how faith is lived out day to day in a believer rather than just a few token lines proselytizing doctrine.

Maddie is a wounded soul who afraid to trust and love others but who is brave enough to try. Lucas is a fun-loving, light-hearted soul who has de
Demi
Sep 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Maddie takes a job at Blackwater Ranch. Though her parents had worked there when she was young and she knew they had stolen from the family and absconded into the night. The guilt eats at her. Even more so when the entire family welcomes her with open arms. Maddie is hired to take care of the hoses. Lucas' big love on the ranch are the horses. Lucas and Maddie both have a gift when it comes to horses and it helps them build a bond. Lucas is very taken with Maddie but she is skittish around him. ...more
Trudy Cordle
Sep 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved Maddie and Lucas's story! Maddie has to learn that God sees her as His child, and as such she is worthy of love and forgiveness, and is NOT responsible for the actions of her parents. Lucas shows her that she is loved and tries to get her to understand she's not responsible for her parent's actions, and that though they weren't proper parents, she's still ok and others will love her. When she finally realizes that what God, Lucas, and her aunt are telling her, and accepts it, she finds tru ...more
Anne
Sep 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book! I’d never read this author before, but was intrigued by the setting since I grew in Texas ranching country. It felt like going home –the author’s descriptions were perfect and the Southern dialogue even brought out my own accent, lol! I’d love to know where I can get those t-shirts Maddie was wearing with all the cute sayings! The relationship between her and Lucas was tenderly written and completely believable. I loved watching them learn that love takes a leap of ...more
Marie Bourgery
Sep 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I thought it was cute that Luke was the the equivalent of the boy that pulls a girl's pigtails when he and Maddie were young with all his pranks. They share their love of horses and PB&J. I love her funny sayings t-shirts. Luke has such a happy light about him you just can't help but smile and I could see why he said he'd be a grape. After her awful childhood, Maddie was lucky her eccentric boisterous Aunt Brenda took her, gave her a new life, and helped her heal. This was a sweet and funny Chri ...more
Amanda Marlowe
Sep 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Maddie gets a job helping with the horses on the Blackwater Ranch. She lived here many years ago, until her parents took off in the middle of the night, stealing who knew what. At the time she had a crush on Lucas, but he was too young to realize. She hasn't had a proper family, only her aunt, who got custody of her when her parents went to jail.
She loves the family atmosphere at the ranch but daren't let go in case she can't stay. Then Lucas shows her what love can mean.

A great read, second in
Lucia Valenzuela
Sep 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed reading this book. Maddie has a lot of issues to reconcile to allow herself to be open to love. Lucas is a fun loving cowboy that finally meets someone who “gets” him and his connections to horses. Now he just has to convince Maddie he’s here to stay but not scare her away. Maddie has trust in God, but can she trust Lucas?
I received a free copy of this book and this is my voluntary, honest review.
Ashley Raye
Sep 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Like all of Mandi's books, I was instantly drawn into the story. What made this one stand out was the way forgiveness and loyalty took center stage. Lucas and Maddie's relationship required a lot of patience and bravery. Their journey from who they started out as to who they are together, left me smiling. This is a clean, feel-good, christian romance that I highly recommend reading.

I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Cindy
Sep 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Maddie has had many homes but none meant as much to the ranch her parents pulled her from when she was a child. She has a chance to go back as an employee and runs into her childhood crush. She is afraid to get close to anyone for fear they will find out about her parents and that she will lose her new job. This is a Christian romance, so no sex or swear words for those that count those things. Discovered that this is book 2 in the Blackwater Ranch series, so I need to go get book 1!
Linda Lee
Sep 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A well written, descriptive story of ranch life and learning to trust. A love story of finding out you are just as important to others as you are to God. A childhood of hurt and feeling unimportant from her biological parents has left Maddie reluctant to trust or open her heart and hopes to anyone. By God’s grace, and a return to where she was happiest in her childhood, she finds true worth and love and acceptance.
Jean Volk
Sep 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Mandi Blake is a wonderful author and I love reading her books.
Charmed by the Cowboy is the 2nd book in the Blackwater Ranch Series but the books can be read as stand alone.
The characters seem so real and you feel their emotions. I recommend this book and Mandi as an author that you must read. Her books are clean Christian romance stories.
I was given an ARC of this book by the author with no expectation to leave a positive review. All opinions are my own.
Sheila
Sep 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sweet clean romance with Maddie and Lucas. Growing up has not been easy for Maddie until her aunt took her in but meeting Lucas has her rethinking her future. She never wanted a family because of the heartache in her past but fun loving Lucas is slowly tearing down the walls around her heart. Will Maddie realize that she is worthy of love and Lucas is the man for her?
Joan
Lucas and Maddie

Even though Maddie is afraid to love anyone she finds she can’t help herself. She has a lot of self doubt to overcome. Lucas is great at showing his love and encouraging Maddie. Charmed by the Cowboy is a well written story that had me invested in the characters and hoping they would get together in the end.
Nari
Sep 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really like the characters in this story. They are well developed and I like seeing how they grow throughout the story. This story is compelling and uplifting. I enjoyed reading books from this author. I feel like I learn from the characters and their stories.
Michaela
Sep 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A sweet romance on a ranch with a whole lot of the Harding family and a hurting young lady. I really enjoy the emotional progress she makes during this book and their slow burn relationship.

I received an ARC of this book and am voluntarily leaving an honest review.
Alison Ramsay
Lovely story

Lovely story of love overcoming fear. Maddie and Lucas are great together, sharing their love of horses and gradually Lucas breaks down the fears Maddie has.
Jeri Smith
Oct 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Review of Charmed by a Cowboy

This was a very cute story and I will recommend her books to anyone who loves romance novels. She is a good writer.
Nicole
Nov 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is my second time reading this author and I am totally enjoying her style!
This is another charming story set on a rural ranch and I loved the horses, and how the two felt the connection of horses together.
While I really loved the first one in the series, this one didn't quite have the conflict that I usually enjoy in contemporary romance. That being said I did enjoy it, it took me until the halfway point to get into it, and then I got to see the couple work through something. I really like
Donna Campbell
Sep 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved all of the characters in this story. I loved following the relationship between Lucas and Maddie, they had great chemistry. This is a really sweet, clean romance.
Margaret Connelly
Well written

The story is enjoyable and the writing is really good. No jarring mistakes or weird sentences. The characters are fun and multidimensional. There is room for Asher and Hunter and everyone to have their stories too. Lucas is charming. I love that he gives everyone his full attention.
Mary Jane McLeod
Loved It/Great Series

I'm really enjoying this series and getting to know the Harding family. I loved Lucas and Maddie's story. These two were made for each other. I look forward to more books in the series.
LORI HANEY
God sent you.

Loved the charm of the characters. Also the way God was the center of the whole processing of their hopes and dreams. So lovely to see how God could work out the fears to show the way and the path to love.
Lynn
Charmed

Absolutely loved this sweet, heartfelt book. We all have times in our lives like Maddie and need more like Lucas to see us thru.
Rosemarie
Jul 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Light and sweet

A good story of healing and forgiveness, of moving into a hopeful future. You’ll enjoy getting to know Maddie snd Lucas and their family.
Sandy
Jul 17, 2021 rated it really liked it
Like it!

Laughed, cried and laughed some more. Delicate handling of how lack of love as a child can affect our lives as adults. Although God loves us unconditionally, few humans will. Not experiencing love has a tendency to make us protect our hearts from pain by putting up walls. Can the love of Lucas and his family help heal Maddie? Recommend.
Yvonne Schmidt
Dec 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great second story of love and faith

I am heading for the third book with my heart i enjoed your story so much. Please keep writing. God bless you

• Love Pact with the Hero (Heroes of Freedom Ridge #2)
  • Reunited with the Hero (Heroes of Freedom Ridge #5)
  • Healing the Hero (Heroes of Freedom Ridge #3)
  • Forgiven by the Hero (Heroes of Freedom Ridge #6)
  • Stranded with The Hero (Heroes of Freedom Ridge #4)
  • Graham: The Brothers of Hastings Ranch Series Book One
  • The Networking of the Nativity (Shiloh Ridge Ranch in Three Rivers #9)
  • Cowgirl Fallin' for the Ranch Hand: Western Romance (Brides of Miller Ranch, N.M. Book 2)
  • Winning the Cowboy Billionaire : A Chappell Brothers Novel (Bluegrass Ranch Book 1)
  • His Second Chance (Ivory Peaks #2)
  • Cowgirl Fallin' for the Neighbor: Western Romance (Brides of Miller Ranch, N.M. Book 3)
  • The Blessing of Babies (Shiloh Ridge Ranch in Three Rivers #8)
  • A Cowboy and his Skipped Christmas: An Adams Sisters Novel (Chestnut Ranch Romance, #8)
  • Dreaming of Her Cowboy's Kiss (Cowboy Mountain Christmas, #1)
  • Yesterday's Treasures
  • The Wrangling of the Wreath (Shiloh Ridge Ranch in Three Rivers #10)
  • Her Cowboy Billionaire Bad Boy (Christmas at Whiskey Mountain Lodge #5)
  • Calvin (The Brothers of Hastings Ranch #2)
Mandi Blake was born and raised in Alabama where she lives with her husband and daughter, but her southern heart loves to travel. Reading has been her favorite hobby for as long as she can remember, but writing is her passion. She loves a good happily ever after in her sweet Christian romance books and loves to see her characters' relationships grow closer to God and each other. ...more

Blackwater Ranch (5 books)
  • Remembering the Cowboy  (Blackwater Ranch #1)
  • Mistaking the Cowboy (Blackwater Ranch #3)
  • Protected by the Cowboy (Blackwater Ranch #4)
  • Keeping the Cowboy (Blackwater Ranch #5)