Start by marking “There's Always Plan B” as Want to Read:
There's Always Plan B

There's Always Plan B

3.4  ·  Rating details ·  422 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews
A USA Today Bestselling Author

Carly Spencer, former perfect wife, was changing her agenda . . . because Plan A - be a stay-at-home mother and wife to a successful executive - had come crashing down. And left her with no money, a surly fifteen-year-old daughter, and a burning need to start again. Which brings us to Plan B . . . home to Chatsworth-by-the-Sea, her stately bi

Published July 1st 2005 by Harlequin Books

To ask other readers questions about There's Always Plan B, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about There's Always Plan B

Marguerite Long
Mar 22, 2013 rated it it was ok
I love Susan Mallery but this book was lame. It could have been so much more. I do not like the fact that it just ended. There was no resolution.
Sarah Eiseman
Mar 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
This book was published as part of the Harlequin NEXT books and was a little different from your run-of-the-mill contemporary romance. Although romance pushed the plot, there wasn’t really a clear resolution–it was written a little more like a traditional novel.

Carly Spencer has recently been through a lot. Her husband has left her to sail to Hawaii and “find himself,” her teenage daughter is going through major angst about moving to a smaller community where she knows no one, and her mother (wh
Melissa
Jul 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
I love this book. Carly decided to go home after her divorce with her teenage daughter. Her ex husband wanted to find himself. Must be nice? Carly's mom owes a Bed & Breakfast & Carly is helping to get more business with the help of the local gossip of the place is haunted by a ghost. I feel we need a plan B at times. I did not like how the book ended. I wanted to know more.
Lisa
Feb 09, 2013 rated it it was ok
Eh. The fact that I wanted to punch Tiffany and Rhonda after every other sentence pretty much sums up this book for me. I wish Carly would have just lined up most of the people in her life and blasted them for their selfishness.
Babsonline
May 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
light and had some funny parts if you have raised a teenager and have a opinionated Mother
Pam
Oct 30, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Contemporary Romance. A bed and breakfast place with a ghost is checked out by the best ghost hunter in the biz. But he doesn't believe in ghosts. And the owners know that there isn't a ghost.
RoseMari
Oct 05, 2010 rated it really liked it
This book is about a woman who has just turned 40 and was left by her husband of 16 years. He needed to find himself, and Carly decides it’s time she does the same thing. But the journey will be difficult with a 15-year-old who is acting like you’d expect the typical teenager to act, a mother who criticizes her during every conversation, and a B & B that she’s taken charge of and seems to have lost its resident ghost – which is the main reason people visit the B & B. On top of all this, ...more
Louise
Mar 24, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: women-s-fiction
Nice, light, quick and easy read. A 40 year old recently divorced woman and her 15 year old daughter return to the family home. The family Bed and Breakfast is losing money and fast. Can the bed and breakfast in the hundred years old mansion be saved? Can the supposed resident ghost drum up some new business or is their recent 'ghostbuster' vacationer going to ruin the once flourishing B & B?

From back cover:

"Carly Spencer, former perfect wife, was changing her agenda...

Because Plan A-be a st
June
Dec 07, 2016 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: divorcee romance requests
"Do you think it's the least bit possible that our kids understand we're trying to do our best?" p.118

Carly tries to put her and her daughter's life back together after her husband divorces her and quits his job to find himself. They move back in with her Mom, to find the 150 year old B&B is hemorrhaging money. Can Carly and the ghost she remembers from her childhood save the business or will the gorgeous ghost hunter cause them to shut down.

Not a typical romance ending.
Jan 01, 2016 rated it it was ok
I was a bit disappointed because the release date was 2015, but it is was clearly a reissued book. If the writing did not give it away (it did), the reference to floppy disks leads me to believe so. In the book, the character was 40 years old and she kept referring to herself as really old, ragged and icky because of her age--really? I skimmed through the middle of the book and just read the end, which was not particularly a satisfying end.
  • More Than Words: Stories Of Strength: Close Call / Built To Last / Find The Way
  • Summer Brides (includes Fool's Gold, #2.5)
  • The Diaper Diaries
  • Montana Mavericks Weddings (Montana Mavericks: Return To Whitehorn #4.5)
  • So This Is Christmas (Includes: The Protectors, #19)
  • The Knitting Diaries: The Twenty-First Wish\Coming Unraveled\Return to Summer Island
  • Watch And Learn (Sex for Beginners, #1)
  • The Parting Glass
  • Antiques Knock-Off (A Trash 'n' Treasures Mystery, #5)
  • Pearl
  • Nicholas Sparks Love Stories Series: The Notebook, Dear John, The Last Song, A Walk to Remember, The Lucky One, Safe Haven
  • Dead Girl in Love (Dead Girl, #3)
  • The Rebel Doctor's Bride
  • A Matter of Time (MacKendimen, #3)
  • Her Perfect Life (The Reunited Hearts, #1)
  • Letting Go
With more than 25 million books sold worldwide, #1 New York Times bestselling author Susan Mallery is known for creating characters who feel as real as the folks next door, and for putting them into emotional, often funny situations readers recognize from their own lives. Susan’s books have made Booklist’s Top 10 Romances list in four out of five consecutive years. RT Book Reviews says, “When it c ...more
More about Susan Mallery...