Start by marking “7 Days in Hell” as Want to Read:
7 Days in Hell

7 Days in Hell

Kindle Edition
Published June 3rd 2020

To ask other readers questions about 7 Days in Hell, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 7 Days in Hell

Start your review of 7 Days in Hell
John
Aug 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned-books
Good Story, Perfect Characters!

Story – 4.5 Stars

“7 Days in Hell A Halloween Vacation to Wake the Dead” by Iseult Murphy was such a pleasure to read that I couldn’t help smiling a lot… up to a point.

The story is about two girls (twins) and a cute little dog whom go on a 7 day vacation to a supposedly quaint little Irish village… the week preceding Samhain! You can imagine what happens next!

The story really takes off like a bottle rocket in the second half, and at times the suspense is unbearabl
Dave Anderson
Dec 12, 2020 rated it liked it
“He allows us to perpetrate the most hideous crimes. Genocide, abortion, corruption of the innocent. The gift of free will allows us to choose between the path of good or evil, there is no middle ground. It’s not God’s allowance of evil that is mystifying, but His mercy and forgiveness. You must never forget that Vicky. Don’t let the evils of the world turn you away from the path of light.”
Catherine McCarthy
Jun 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
I read this novel in three sessions. Not only was it an easy read, but it was also a page-turner. Living in rural Wales, I’ve stayed at many holiday cottages similar to the one described in the book, and so readily connected with the setting, characters and landscape, since Ireland and Wales are so similar.
I enjoyed the way that the story began with an every-day situation before gradually becoming more and more supernatural. The twins contrasted and yet complimented one another, and I fell in l
Daniel James
Nov 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Vicky and Irene Murtaugh wanted nothing more than a quiet holiday in the Irish countryside. And so with their little dog Ronnie, they set off for a peaceful cabin holiday. It all starts well enough with the twins finding a quaint and polite town, but before long, the strange glow in the night sky, and the increasingly suspicious behaviour of the locals hints at something dark and sinister lurking behind the scenes.

This story of good, evil and paganism moves at a hell of a clip, with two very lik
Cathey Dalton
Nov 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed this book

I thought the characters were delightful, Irene and Vicky that is. The gore of the book was well placed for horror.
Ruth  Garcia
Murphy never disappoints to deliver engaging stories, fun characters, and a creepy storyline.

Irene and Vicky wanted a holiday to get away from their lives and go to a small town with its quirks. Things start off well but halfway through, I was getting anxious with each page I turned. The characters, setting, and plot were on point. I really enjoyed the little dog, Ronnie. The town was pretty awesome and made me want to visit a town like that on a real holiday (not in this situation, lol).

I lov
Valinora
Jun 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
When twins Irene and Vicky travel down to a remote part of the Irish countryside for a week’s holiday, they little expect to be soon fighting for their lives against a horde of evil zombie flesh-eaters.
This is a very entertaining and gripping read. The author skilfully uses the contrast between the normality at the start of the book (the twins are ordinary young Irish women, and despite the few weird things that happen, this appears to be a typical self-catering holiday that many of us can relat
Sharon
Jul 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a delightful read! It’s my first time reading this author and from the book title this is book one in a series and so I am looking forward to reading more from her. Wonderful descriptive writing, which although I thoroughly appreciated, I can imagine some readers may not be so impressed by it. I found myself stuck to my seat as I eagerly read this book, seeming to inhale it as fast as I could with a deep need to see what was going to happen next.

I received a free copy of this book via Books
Chrystal Roe
Dec 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow

This is a very scary story. I could feel the tension and fright of the main characters. What a horrible little village.
Heather Bane
Aug 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I thought this was a great read. The story grabbed me and pulled me in. The storyline is interesting and hard to put down. I’m looking forward to more from this series and author and would recommend reading.

Alicia Hilton
Sep 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
7 Days in Hell is an entertaining tale.

When twins Irene and Vicky take a vacation in the country, they soon find themselves living in a nightmare. The people of Basard are strange, very strange. Not just in appearance--some of the villagers smell like rot! Yikes!

The novel is full of interesting plot twists. Iseult Murphy combines suspense with grisly scenes and humor. A fun, exciting book, and a good introduction to her series!
Jonathan Pongratz
Sep 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Original Review at Jaunts & Haunts

4/5

I gave this novel four stars!

This is my first read by Iseult Murphy, and I had a great time!

This book centers on two twin sisters going on vacation. Many people dream of the beach, but they get stuck with Basard, a small village with quiet folks and strange stone circles. Trying to make the best of their situation, they explore the town, but as odd things begin to happen, the sisters begin to worry that more is afoot. Can they figure it out, or should they
Helen Whistberry
Jun 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror
Effective horror tale as twin sisters Vicky and Irene go on a week's retreat to a remote Irish village that happens to be out of range of reliable cellphone service. What could possibly go wrong? At first, the place seems like a peaceful getaway spot even though a few of the locals aren't too friendly, but it isn't long before strange events start to put a damper on their vacation. I won't go into too many details so as not to deal out spoilers, but suffice to say there is an epic battle between ...more
Lori Franklin Hopkins
SpareTheBS
Dec 20, 2020
A.D. Wills
Dec 22, 2020

• Stray Witch (The Vampires of Emberbury #1)
  • Crooked Souls
  • The Waste Land and Other Poems
  • The Balance Between Life and Death
  • Rebecca's Choice
  • Bang to Begin
  • The Hiding Place
  • We Are Mars (The Rubicon Saga, #1)
  • Storm At Dawn (The Rubicon Saga, #2)
  • Precious Amber
  • The Vintage Bookshop of Memories
  • A Natural (The Natural, #1)
  • The Bartender's Pride (Pride Trilogy #1)
  • Open Evening
  • Barnaby Brown and the Time Machine
  • Captivated
  • Christmas Once Again
  • The Murmur of Bees
Iseult Murphy started writing at a young age, entertaining her family with magazines that she wrote and illustrated as a child. In her teens, she won several local and national short story competitions, including three time overall winner of the RDS Young Science Writers competition, and had work placed in international writing competitions such as the BBC Wildlife Poetry competition.
Iseult is dra