Start by marking “Can I Come Over?” as Want to Read:
Can I Come Over?

Can I Come Over?

It all started with a sex scene…

Well, I was failing to write a sex scene.

As an author of over fifty smut books, I was struggling to do what I did best. So, for fun, I asked one of my best online friends for some help.

I really shouldn’t have done that…

He wrote the scene far better than I ever could, and seven months of platonic, yet-flirty friendship were wiped away
Published June 4th 2020 by WGW BOOKS, LLC

Start your review of Can I Come Over?
Corina
Jun 06, 2020 rated it liked it
This is all you need to know about this book:

it's short (novella)
it's smutty and sexy but not overly so
it has a forbidden vibe (minimal forbidden)
it has an age gap between the couple, heroine is in her late 20s, hero is dad's best friend, in his 40s

The writing had some of the author's signature wit, as well as some of her famous email correspondence, but it's not her best work. I actually felt it sounded choppy at the beginning. And for me the author tried to pack too much into a too small of a
Bee
Jun 06, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2-stars, hmm
2 STARS

This is a short, smutty novella. To be honest with you, I didn’t like the sex scenes here. Whitney G. can write some mean steamy scenes when she wants to, but in this book (that is essentially smut) they were pretty lacking in my opinion.

Also, this book is SHORT. Very, very short. I felt like there was so much telling instead of showing, which is one of my biggest pet peeves. So yeah, I didn’t like this one that much. The whole my-dads-best-friend-trope here sucked too, since I didn’t ge
_All.Things.Steamy (V. Simran)
5 ”Dane, yes please come over” stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

“I walked over to the door and opened it. “Thank you so much for—” My words stalled in my throat at the sight of Dane.
“Hello, Bella,” he said, his voice deep.
I gasped, unable to say anything else when he was standing so close to me. His lips were curved into a smirk, and his beautiful eyes were locked on mine.

I’m no stranger to this author’s books. Her writing is witty, funny, sexy and damn steamy. When my eyes landed on this and then the blurb
Ⓐlleskelle - That ranting lady ッ

I'm a sucker for everything this blurb sells:
✔ the online romance
✔ the age gap
✔ the erotica novelist heroine
✔ touch of taboo with the dad's best friend trope.

Whitney G doesn't disappoint here, "Can I Come Over" delivers exactly what it promised and more: a cocky and arrogant hero, a fanciful heroine, witty and flirty banter between online friends, smoking hot sex with of forbidden romance and a HEA.
Straight to the point, this novella was hella sexy and not afraid turn into derision the genre its
Bibi
Jun 12, 2020 rated it did not like it
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
3.5-4 'Words & Letters' Stars!
Copy kindly provided by the author.

A quick, sweet and sexy treat from Whitney G.! If you are in the mood for a taboo novella, Whitney's newest release will do it for you. Pen pals exchanging sexy messages through an app / falling for my dad's best friend, it sure sounded good to me. I am a sucker for age-gap romance and I believe Whit did a very good job with Can I Come Over?. I really enjoyed the back and forth between Bella/Christina and Ryan/Dane and how that bur
Cynema
LOVE ON-LINE BETWEEN ALTER EGOS IN A FUN, SEXY, AGE-GAP ROMANCE

“It all started with a sex scene …”

What a sexy and hilarious look at an online, age-gap romance via letters -- instead of texting or talking -- all through the filter of secret identities, some smokin’ hotness, and surefire issues. When the MCs break their rules to finally meet, and the truth of their identities comes out because he is her dad’s bestie, it all blows up over the irony that they actually know each other.

There’s so muc
MC The Bookaholic ♡
4 yummy stars!!!

This was a that novella!!

I really loved that this was a new take on the dad’s best friend trope and age gap trope.

Rather than having a common theme to many of the novellas/books I’ve read thus far, this one stood out due to the inception-feel you get by reading this.

The plot thickens when it becomes an erotica about an erotica. Yup. That doesn’t make sense right? Well you’ll have to read it to understand just what the heck I’m trying to say.

What I will say is that the smut on
Jessica Alcazar
My thoughts when I finished: “Well damn … so much potential” *sigh* and then I went on to read something else LOL So here’s the thing, this story is cute. The unfolding of the story was cute. But I wasn’t expecting cute. I was expecting dirty. Actually, no, I was expecting filthy . I’ve read that blurb about five times now and it just screams filthy dirty naughty good time to me. I could be wrong *shrug*

All that is to explain that while I loved the potential, I only liked the execution. For
Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•
This was a fantastic bed time novella that I read last night.

Forbidden romance that got very hot and steamy.

We all need stories like this in our lives :)
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
Spoilers ahead

I came for the sexy times but left feeling....dissatisfied

Quickly
This was ok until they met
NO CHEMISTRY....none! Not even while they were texting because he wasn't all fired up to meet her anyways
The set up that led to their meeting was cringe worthy
All that build up, I mean she's a smut writer...he's helping her with a scene....that should lead to kindle melting sexy times dammit!
Ugh the way he proved his love....like bro what wassssss that????😂

All in all this wasn't MY cuppa

Dad's
Snow
Jun 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
what can I say?
I love Whitney G's books...
I'm just bummed that they linger towards being novellas instead of full novels...
I miss more...
Melanie (mells_view)
Quick and steamy.

Quick, app pen pals to lovers. It’s also dads best friend, but neither of them know that while they are talking. It’s cute, it’s quick, and it’s steamy.
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)

Eh, the idea was cute but this would have been better as a full novel where all the issues could have been better explored and where we could really have felt all that angst regarding this forbiddenish plot.

It still was a steamy, quick read so if you're into those, pick it up!

Rebeka
Jun 11, 2020 rated it it was ok
Boring. I didn’t like the sex scenes and I wish the dual POV was more equilibrated, but we get more of her thoughts than his.
She is a 26 years old woman that instead of talking to the guy she spend all night and day fucking decides to leave the hotel without telling him even though they made plans to meet again. Later, they are at her father house during a party and she is hiding from him (???) like i don’t get that shit, be a grow up and communicate
They had been talking online for seven mon
Jacqueline
I was excited about the prospect of a dad's best friend/age gap theme but he didn't seem any older in his behaviour and despite all of the bumping and grinding and his ginormous cock, it just sort of fell a bit flat for me. Ah well. Complete story. ...more
Hilda
“Are you leaving now?” I asked, my voice hoarse. “Of course not.” He smirked, grabbing my ankles and spreading my legs a bit wider. “We have seven months of fucking to catch up on.”

Sadly there was no catching up. This literally went to black. This amazing statement had no follow through.

The sound of rain attacking the window made my eyes flutter open the next morning.

Really?!?!?!! An adult book promising dirty sex has almost no sex at all. Lame.

This was actually super cute. I liked it very m
Anne OK
Jun 27, 2020 rated it it was ok
A short story and not my favorite offering by this author -- and I'll leave it at that. ...more
Timitra
Jun 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Can I Come Over

Can I Come Over is a quick and steamy read. It's forbidden and a bit taboo. I thoroughly enjoyed it and look forward to the next novella in this series.
Dali
Whitney G. offers a deliciously sinful forbidden romance.

The Plot: The blurb pretty much sums up what this novella successfully delivers, a flirty and clever banter between a cocky hero (which Whitney excels at writing) and a charming heroine who meet online, keep it platonic for several months but after Dane helps Christina with her writers block writing a very compelling sex scene they agree to meet up in person only to find out they already know each other because Date is Christina’s fa
Marty
Jul 03, 2020 rated it liked it
This book was a fast read for me and I didn’t enjoy it as much as Whitney G’s other books. The book was funny and cute but didn’t really grip me. The premise of falling for an internet friend who ends up being your dad’s best friend is a new one and I think they could have done more with that.
Aaly
Jun 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Copy of BOOK REVIEW GRAPHIC(11)

review-blog

I've read this novella in one sitting. I enjoyed Whitney G. short stories and that one did not disappoint, naughty, fun and sassy. Right up my alley!

An anonymous relationship between an erotica author and a flirty man, with an upfront and smoking hot banter, two characters that used to converse in an old fashioned way with letters (even it’s on app), but still it was utterly charming and sexy. Sometimes a bit crude but when you can’t see the other and just read their words, you get to know that
Mtve41
Well uhhh wow. I guess I’m rendered a little speechless right now. Despite the red-flag taboo topic that could never interest me in a million years, this book turned out to be pretty darn fine.

It’s a novella but it didn’t leave me feeling bereft. It started good and ended even better. I was done reading WG but imho, she’s come back full force.

Best part : two MATURE leads that I haven’t read of in the longest time. Lately the mcs are either train wrecks/ martyrs (h) or mostly cocky asshats (H).
Amy M.
Jun 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ohhh MY LANTA! Honestly, when I read a novella I don't expect much. I mean it's short, so how much substance can it have? Well Whitney G. you got me! This story might be short but it had everything I needed. It was funny, angsty, and ohhh so hot! ...more
Natasha is a Book Junkie
I felt like a sexy "palate cleanser" one night, and this quickie was the PERFECT pick. The heroine writes smut and is suffering from a bad case of writer's block, but only when it comes to writing sex scenes. The hero is her father's best friend whom she's known all her life. They meet online, anonymously, and over time, their attraction grows. But when they decide to meet in real life, things get...complicated. It's a super short read, with two of my fave themes—age gap + alpha hero—and it was ...more
Romance  All the Way
Jul 04, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: age-gap
This book fell short on several occasions.
Disappointed.😞😐
Jo-Ann Forrest
Jun 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Christina/Bella is a writer of smut and she has lost her inspiration and she turns to the Words and letters app and falls into writing to Ryan/Dane. Their exchanges are fun, witty and sexy until one day she asks to meet him in person at her friend's insistence. She flies to Spokane full of anticipation and excitement when she finds out that her secret correspondent is none other than Dane her father's best friend everything changes. They will take you on a wild ride that will leave you with a he ...more
Dayang
Jun 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5⭐️

I love the author! She's an automatic one-click to me... I'm a huge fan!

If you've been checking out my posts, you'd know that I'm not really a huge fan of novellas for the sheer reason that it always leaves me wanting more... and this is no different. I want more of Dane and Christina...

*sigh*

This is a feel-good story... something that'll make you swoon and would give you butterflies.

This is an age-gap, falling-in-love-with-your-father's best-friend romance.

They started as sort of like onlin
~ Cariad ~
Jun 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars (wish it had been longer!)

Well!!...sometimes even a quickie can take me by surprise! Packed into this little gem were great characters, fantastic banter, hot sex and a fab love story.

Next please Whitney!!
aqsa (villain stan)
Jun 06, 2020 rated it liked it
fun but repetitive

• Tony (Bossy Brothers, #6)
  • The Arrangement (A Real Man, #23)
  • Saint & Sinner
  • The Rivals
  • Double Booked
  • Almost Never
  • Happily Letter After
  • Not My Romeo (The Game Changers, #1)
  • The Anti-Boyfriend
  • Why I Still Hate You (So Crazy, It's Messed Up, #1)
  • Chicks, Man
  • Nixon (Raleigh Raptors #1)
  • Her Wolf  (Shifted Love #1)
  • Sugar Baby Sweetie Pie (Sugar & Extra Spice Curvy Romance Book 1)
  • The Playboy Prince (Rugged and Royal #1)
  • Titan (Dark Kings, #1)
  • Gucci
  • Sexy Scoundrel (A Cocky Hero Club Novel)
Whitney G. is a New York Times & USA Today bestselling author. Her books are currently published in over a dozen languages.

She lives deep in the Tennessee woods and spends most of her time drinking coffee while penning dirty-talking alpha males.

Find out more about her next project at www.whitneygbooks.com

(Be sure to sign up for "The F.L.Y. List" as that's the best way to receive new release update

News & Interviews