Start by marking “Bottom of the Chains (Grimm Wolves MC #2)” as Want to Read:
Bottom of the Chains (Grimm Wolves MC #2)

Bottom of the Chains

(Grimm Wolves MC #2)

My life has sucked for as far back as I can remember. My folks didn’t want me so I was thrown into foster care. Let me just say lots of fun. NOT.

Then one day, my life took a dramatic change. My circumstances improved greatly. I met The Grimm Wolves MC and they took me under their wing. I became not only a prospect but also part of their brotherhood.

Now I’ve let my brothers
130 pages
Published August 18th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Bottom of the Chains, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bottom of the Chains

Start your review of Bottom of the Chains (Grimm Wolves MC #2)
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
hmmmm..... I don't know. This is a short novella. All familiar faces in this one. Bullet is healing from his injuries and meet Clemmy when he goes in for a recheck at the clinic. The flow of the whole book just didn't work for me. Choppy and sudden scene changes. I wasn't feeling it this time.

I did enjoy seeing Stitch again. I liked seeing more of the club members. Maybe would have worked better if the author had flushed out a whole story vs a shorter novella. Sometimes, stories just don't work
Ashley Carr, LSoR
Aug 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Bullet is a tortured Prospect because he let his club brothers down and is physical pain on top of that. He suffers nightmares from his past growing up in the system. All of his brothers rally around Bullet but he just can’t see love and admiration they have for him. It takes Clementine to show him his worth. Clementine is studying to be a nurse and in typical read head fashion she is a feisty spitfire. Will she give Bullet the time of day? I can’t wait for the next installment of this series!! ...more
Doris
Aug 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Quick Read

This is a quick read that involves Bullet and Clementine. After everything Bullet has been through and the nightmares that he has his brothers are there for the prospect to help pull him through. Then he meets the little spitfire Clementine at the doctor’s office during one of his checkups and he has eyes for her.

Will Clementine give Bullet a chance? Even with Bullet out to find who has been behind everything that has happened to him does he even have time for her all while prospectin
Barbara
Aug 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love the Grimm Wolves MC Series. This is a fun biker series with a bit of paranormal throw in (such as Stitch, who we ment in book 1, has the ability to read people's thoughts). This is a well written story about Bullet, a prospect for the MC.

Bullet has had a troubled past, growing up in the system. He’s troubled by my nightmares that he has no clue if they are real or why he’s having them plus he is riddled with guilt about letting the guys in the club down. Guys that took him under their wi
Joyffree
Aug 21, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc-tbr
This was a good read but I personally would have preferred if to be a bit longer. I felt like I was cheated , just a little. I know we will get more time with these characters in future episodes. But I wanted more now. The series has a strong running back story and each individual episode/release spotlights on a specific couple.

Bullet has a pretty intense back story that I felt deserved more attention. It is a big part of who he is and why he is the way he is.
And it also eludes to some of the se
Jennifer Pierson
Aug 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
D.M. Earl has created a very original MC series since it has the compelling kicker of a paranormal twist, that I'm anxiously waiting for all the answers to finally be answered.  Now Bottom of the Chains was a short novella about Bullet that did pack a punch, and if it were a tad longer I would have given it the perfect rating.  His childhood was terrible so when he found the Grimm Wolves MC is when he found the family he was craving.  At a doctor's appointment while he was recovering from his in ...more
Pam
Aug 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
The second installment of the Grimm Wolves MC gives us a look at Bullet who was beaten down pretty bad in the first book. The young prospect is trying hard to get over the feeling of letting his brothers down while healing. His past and missing pieces have him struggling.

Clementine is working hard to build her future as she is going to school and working part time. Living alone and pushing forward, she is a sweet little thing. But true to stereotypes this red head is full of spitfire. The last t
Karen Hrdlicka
Aug 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is the second installment in DM Earl's Grimm Wolves series. The novella focuses on Bullet, who has some pretty ugly things happen to him in the first book in the series, Behemoth, as well as in his life before the MC. I appreciate that Ms. Earl handles her younger characters with finesse and care. The young man is tortured by his nightmares and guilt that he has let his club down. However, his brothers are trying to get him to move forward. They've protected him since he came to them a ...more
Spunky N Sassy
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 5.0

~~~~~~~~~~Tracy's ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Review~~~~~~~~~~

This book was a journey of sorts for Tim "Bullet" as he discovers where he fits and who he belongs to. Clementine is the perfect compliment for Bullet, their interactions are spirited and sassy. I loved reading their story and how it unfolded in front of me. I can't wait for more from this story as every book is a new layer on this MC family. I love every word. I highly recommend this author, book and series!

~~~~~~~~~~Julie's ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Cheri
Aug 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Bullit & Clemmie

He's a very young prospect. Life hasn't been good to him but that's what the Grimm Wolves do. Oh, they are one-percenters. They follow their own rules. Some of the brothers have a little something extra. The ole ladies are all special having fought their own battles. And they took Bullit in even when he's messed up. They've given him more chances and he plans to make sure he lives up to the club and his brothers.

Meet the little spitfire and maybe a chance with her is more than he
Lynne Garlick
Aug 18, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic read!

Another fantastic read from this new MC! This is a little shorter than the first one but still packs a punch!
Bullet is still feeling the effects of what went down in book one and top of that, suffering from nightmares he just can't get his head round.
On a visit to the hospital he meets Clementine and sparks fly! It was awesome getting a front row seat to the beginning of something that I feel will be beautiful!
But this is also an MC and it's not long before truths are discovered a
Wendy Livingstone
Aug 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This novella is about new prospect Bullet, who is feeling the pressure and guilt about letting his brothers and club down twice now. Bullet is broken and tortured by nightmares about his past, and his club brothers are protective of him and are trying to help him move on with his life. While he is at the doctors for a check-up, he meets student nurse Clementine who is a feisty little spitfire, and who is more than a match for Bullet as she gives as good as she gets. This is a well written tale w ...more
Mandy Barnes
Aug 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have fallen for DM Earl’s Grimm Wolves books and now I am ready for a look into the story of Bullet and I'm begging for more.

I love her writing style with the MC world and giving us a fresh look at the Mc live and adding what is going on in today's world.

Bullett is struggling with a past he can't seem to let go of but the promise of a bright new future lays before him, Can Bullett let go of the chains that have been holding him back in the past and ride towards the future or will he allow the
United Indie Book Blog
Aug 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
A nice little novella about Bullet a prospect for the MC . He struggles with the past and the chains wont release him but only he has the power to let them go. Can he forget the past and live for the future a future that could be very bright if he will let it in. I enjoyed this book and cant wait to read more.

review by LESLEY
Charlotte Isaac
Aug 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a short book about Prospect Bullet and wow we find out so much. We met him in the first book and he went through a lot. We finally get some answers.

I loved Bullet and Clementine together, we didn't get to see much of them. But i loved the chemistry.

I hope we get more of this couple.
Julie Jackson
Aug 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed for SNS

Bullet and Clementine's story is not for the faint at heart. Bulletin has been through so much and he needs some peace. Can Clementine get him through or will he continue to let his brothers down? Excellent read.
Lesley Robson
Aug 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
A nice little nouvella about Bullet a prospect for the MC . He struggles with the past and the chains wont release him but only he has the power to let them go. Can he forget the past and live for the future a future that could be very bright if he will let it in. I enjoyed this book and cant wait to read more.
Fran Zoch, LSoR
Aug 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Bullet has been through a lot in his time prospecting and even before it. He is recovering from a beat down, plus he got mixed up meds, now he is meeting Clementine,  she is sassy and a red head perfect for Bullet.
These two plan on taking it slow but want to see what can come from their relationship,  i can not wait to see what happens next.
Michelle Brace (Wicked Babes Blog Reviews)
This was my first by D.M. Earl and I definitely have to check out the first book. I didn't read it before this and she did a good job with it that I didn't feel lost starting from here but I HAVE to have more from this MC.

This was what felt like a super quick read and I am nervous I won't get more answers about this couple since it seems that each book is a new couple's story and I feel like I need more from Bullet. I feel like just when I was getting more from his past the book ended and either
Tee Cullen
Aug 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a really short novella. I Have to say I really loved meeting Clementine and learning a little more about Bullet. Only problem..to short I would have loved to see more of Clementine and Bullet. We did get to see some of the others in the MC but all in all I wanted more. Clementine and Bullet barely got to meet and barely had any time together to get to know each other. Just that they are attracted to one another. We did find out who set up the attack that almost killed Bullet and why also ...more
January Apted
Aug 26, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A quick read

I’m really enjoying this series so far and need more from this couple it was over way to quick lol but the connection between the characters keep me hooked. I can’t wait for the next book.
Joelle
This was a really cute novella we really enjoyed it! I found the story to be fun and flirty and full of humor, and we found ourselves smiling throughout the entire story. Clemmy was a hoot! We loved her instantly! What a firecracker and her nickname Flame fit her to a T.

Bullet had a lot to deal with this time around but, he was really working at getting it together, and we loved how he proved to the club that he was meant to be one with his actions and deeds.

Overall the story was enjoyable and i
Christine Woinich
Aug 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Bullet's story tugged at my heart and horrified me. Clementine was a nice yet spirited young lady, and I felt that she was good for him. In this story, they were just getting to know one another, and I look forward to watching their relationship grow. As the MC also grows, the more in depth we get in their lives.

I received a copy of this story through Enticing Journey Book Promotions, and this is my unsolicited review.
Ana Rita
Nov 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
And here we go again.
Getting ready to start another MC book...
You heard that right. MC and I couldn't be happier.
D.M. Earl has presented me to this new MC family and I can't get enough of them.
Her writing is raw and wild, sweet, and intense. You'll fall in love with it.
Bottom of the Chains is the second book from the Grimm Wolves MC and explores the lives of Bullet and Clementine.
But I advise you to read Behemoth first. You'll understand this book better.
Bullet is a troubled soul. Since h
Linda Diamond
Aug 18, 2020
Karlie Scherer
Aug 22, 2020

• Troublemaker
  • Revealing Annie (Police and Fire: Operation Alpha) (On Call Book 5)
  • Snake's Rage: Road Warrior's MC Book Two - Snake & Rory (Road Warrior's Motorcycle Club)
  • Pirate (Ruthless Kings MC, #6)
  • Seconds
  • The President (Rebel Rage MC, #1)
  • Ignite (Men of Inked: Heatwave #5)
  • Bonus Kisses
  • Terror's Temptress: Archangel's Warriors MC Novel (Dublin Falls' Archangel's Warriors MC Book 1)
  • Cowboy Bikers MC #4
  • Holding On (Ruthless Sinners MC, #2)
  • Savage's Princess: Archangel's Warriors MC Novel (Dublin Falls Archangel's Warriors MC Book 2)
  • Steel & Hammer's Hellcat: Archangel's Warriors MC Novel (Dublin Falls Archangel's Warriors MC Book 3)
  • Edge of Tomorrow (Arrow's Edge MC, #3)
  • Bull (Kings of Mayhem MC, #6)
  • Cowboy Bikers MC #2
  • Midnight Wreckage (Kings of Vengeance MC #4)
USA Today Bestselling author D. M. Earl spins stories about real life situations with characters that are authentic, genuine and sincere. Each story allows the characters to come to life with each turn of the page while they try to find their HEA through much drama and angst.

For the latest news and updates on books and upcoming releases, you can subscribe to my newsletter: http://bit.ly/newsletter

Grimm Wolves MC (3 books)
  • Behemoth (Grimm Wolves MC #1)
  • Santa...Nope the Grimm Wolves (Grimm Wolves MC #3)
  • Keeping Secrets- Prospect (Grimm Wolves MC #4)

News & Interviews

There's something so special about each class of debut YA authors; after all, young adult fiction is all about the hopefulness of new...