Start by marking “Il Dodicesimo Cavaliere (Guardiani di Camelot Vol. 1)” as Want to Read:
Il Dodicesimo Cavaliere (Guardiani di Camelot Vol. 1)

Il Dodicesimo Cavaliere

(Guardians of Camelot #1)

Un male antico… le armi e la magia non saranno sufficienti. Avranno bisogno l’uno dell’altro.
Per 1500 anni, Lancillotto ha combattuto per il bene, e adesso si trova ad affrontare un piano malefico orchestrato da Morgana centinaia di anni fa; però non può sconfiggerla da solo. Deve trovare l’altra metà della sua anima, ma c’è solo un piccolo problema: non sa dove cercarla.
C
Published June 18th 2020 by Triskell Edizioni (first published October 1st 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Il Dodicesimo Cavaliere, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Il Dodicesimo Cavaliere

Start your review of Il Dodicesimo Cavaliere (Guardiani di Camelot Vol. 1)
Nazanin
Oct 15, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, m-m, fantasy
3 Stars

I’m a big fan of Camelot and I mean it! I love Camelot, King Arthur, Merlin and all the stories/movies of them. I wasn’t familiar with this author's works, I couldn’t ignore this book but unfortunately, it didn’t really work out for me. My major complaint was the writing; I wasn’t a big fan of it! After 70% I started skimming/skipping. Told in dual POV, 3rd person, it’s the first installment in the "Guardians of Camelot". Considering all the good reviews, it was just me and not the book.
Cadiva
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I will state for the record, I am a huge Arthurian mythology nerd, to the extent that I have a website about it and I own around 100 books on the subject.

Having said that, this book takes the legends and gives them a whole new spin. Yes, some elements remain the same, we have Arthur, Guinevere, Lancelot, the Knights of Camelot, we have Merlin, Morgana and Mordred.

But very little else follows the traditional path and instead Victoria Sue gives the reader a headrush through New York with immortal
Lyn❤Loves❤Listening #AUDIOBOOKADDICT
For those of you who are addicted to audio like me, this is out in audiobook format and Greg Boudreaux narrates!!

For some reason it's not listed under Gay&Lesbian fiction or LGBT Romance in Audible. I just happened to come across it under Fantasy Romance

Shin Mon Thway
First of all, as a true nerd I am, I looooove “The Legend of Arthur” and am pretty much obsessed with Camelot. So when I heard we are getting a story with Lancelot and Merlin as love interests from my favorite author Victoria Sue, I was on cloud nine. 😍 And then I heard Greg Tremblay is the narrator, I thought I was flying. 🥰 The downside, I had to wait until the audio comes out and boy, was it long when you want the time to gone. But it was soooo worth the wait in the beginning.

Mel lives in
Barbara➰
I'm a huge fan of Victoria Sue. And, I'm a huge fan of the legend of King Arthur so naturally, I preordered this bad boy.

This was an interesting take on the legend of the Knights of the Round Table. I liked the world building and the premise. Where it fell flat for me was the two mc's, Lance in particular. I was so sick and tired of his resistance and denial, I wanted to throw my iPad across the room. Why does it take (view spoiler) to make him see t
Eugenia
Lancelot in New York!

I had fun listening to Greg Boudreaux perform this urban fantasy! His performance was a solid 4.53 Stars!!

The story goes something like this: Lancelot and other knights were granted immortality at the final battle against Morgan and Mordred by Merlin. This was to prepare them for the final battle. To do this they had to give up half of their souls only to reunite with them in the future.

The last 1500 years they spent looking for their other half and fighting the evil that M
Fabi
DNF at 29%

I'm already tired of Lance's stupidly willful denial and the information dump for the backstory was convoluted and confusing.

No rating because I didn't get far enough into it.
Rachel Emily
WOW! What a great start to a new series, and I hope Victoria Sue is writing as fast as she can for the next book in the series, because I think we're all going to be pleading for book 2 ASAP!

I've always been a big fan of Arthurian legends and all of the knights and people involved - but, OK, admittedly, I don't know a whole lot aside from a really bad movie and then a BBC show LOL, so I love that this is set in modern day time with many of the names we know and recognize, but it's still differen
~nikki the recovering book addict
2 stars...?

This was interesting in the beginning but it couldn’t keep my attention. I believe it’s more of a it’s-me-not-you problem because I haven’t had any books that have held on to my attention for a few days now. What?!?! 😱

Sigh... I don’t know what’s wrong with me. For all intents and purposes, this book should have held my unwavering attention. But alas, nothing is holding on to my attention past 5 chapters at most 🤦🏻‍♀️
Joyfully Jay
Oct 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: elizabeth
A Joyfully Jay review.

Mel hasn’t had an easy life. In his own words, life started going down hill when he was 10, and it’s just gotten worse since then. He’s been in the system and out of it, homeless, hustling, but always his own person — even when he didn’t want to be. Mel feels as though he’s always been not quite enough. He wasn’t a good enough son for his mother, wasn’t ever anyone’s first choice, and when Lance is reluctant to accept him, Mel takes that as proof that it’s his fa
Lisazj1
4.5 stars! Oh I loved this! <3 I'm a huge history nerd and the medieval period is my absolute favorite, along with all the legends and mythology that surround it, so this book was a total win for me.

All of the relationships are intense, the brotherhood is real and a little bit tragic, and the story is filled with magic, monsters and knights, which for me is almost as good as dragons, LOL.

There were a few quirks that kept me from giving it five stars. Maybe the romance is a sort of quick but cir
⚣Michaelle⚣
I'm not sure why I only rated and didn't review this the first time around because it was really good! I LOVE Arthurian legend retellings, in any form, and VS did a great job with this one. Greg also nailed the narration. (But then again, when does he not?)

I loved that Mel wasn't a typical protagonist, that he was a sex-worker and while it wasn't his first choice of jobs (and how he came by it was heart-breaking) he made no excuses for it. VS could have chosen anyone, with any profession, and pi
Bev
Oct 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars rounded up. Disappointing. Love all the Arthurian stuff, and it was a great idea...just not executed that well for me. Didn't feel much of a connection between the 'fated' mates Lance [who was an absolute arse mostly] and his Tresor Mel [the modern day Merlin]. Aalardin? Called it, and also the identity of the mysterious boy lurking around in the background. I don't think I'm invested enough in the characters to continue with the series. Hey ho, onwards and upwards...I hear Reindeer Ga ...more
Caipi
Nice story and an excellent audio, narrated by Greg Boudreaux.
I liked all the adaptations of Lancelot, Merlin and other people from the Arthurian saga.
Unfortunately the romance part didn't really convince me.

Diane Dannenfeldt
An awesome start to a new series. I started the book & tried to stay up all night to read it but fell asleep cause I can't stay up all night any longer. We have knights, actual knights from the round table yes those knights!! A big battle happened and Merlin had cast a spell to make them immortal so they could fight Morgana in the future, he does this by splitting their souls. So now they have to not only fight the monsters that Morgana created but find their soulmates known as a Tresor. Once ac ...more
Calila
*A copy of this book was provided for free by the author in exchange for an honest review.*

I loved this take on Arthurian legend. It was so interesting and the world building is done well. The part that lost me, is the "romance". I just don't believe it given the events of the plot. I don't know WHY they're together. There's so many awkward misunderstandings, insecurity, and hurtful moments. I feel like the romance was an afterthought, I need to know why these two characters are destined for eac
Santy
I liked this book, Mel was awesome and the whole Authurian mythology/legend come to life with a twist was great content which was great even when the story got "info-dumpy" at some points. I took it all in stride as it was because an it was very enjoyable.

However, and that's a big HOWEVER, I wish the MCs(Lancelot and Mel) simply communicated. There was a whole lot of jumping to conclusions for which I wasn't amused by in the least. Lance was also so frustrating to read about. I don't think I ful
Claudia
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: best-books, hurt, immortal
An awesome thrilling new book from Victoria Sue that got me hooked from page one!!! real knights walking and fighting between us in our time!!!
packed full of action, romance and love! AMAZING READ
JoAnn
Oct 12, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm, ku, knights, fantasy-magic
Meh...

I’m not going to lie.... a lot of people are probably going to love this book, hell a few years ago I probably would have loved this book. Now on the other hand, I did not love this book. In fact I almost DNFd it.

Let’s start with what I love... I love the Arthurian twist. Like seriously who doesn’t love Camelot...

What I didn’t like was the continuous hetero drama involved in MM writhing, which unfortunately I’ve come to realize is always included in Sues writing. Don’t get me wrong, thi
Paul
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW!! This was totally mind-blowing. I don't do spoilers and can't say too much without giving something away. What I will say is that this is contemporary and a huge twist on the Knights of the Roundtable legends. I couldn't put it down and I didn't want it to end. Can't wait for the next book in this new series.

***RECOMMENDED***
Megan
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
DNF at 76%
I usually like stories about soulmates, but I just really didn’t feel a connection between the MCs and the other characters felt flat. Lance’s disappointment felt like a contrived way to add drama and just ended up making me wish he was right and Mel was meant for someone that would appreciate him.
♥️Victoria ♥️ ♥️love books♥️
Okay, I so wanted to love this book... I mean what's not to love about Merlin and Lancelot's love story....

I loved the plot but, I really struggled to "get" the characters. For me there were a lot that did not make sence and a lot of talking in circles without getting a lot of information.
Becca
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Wow. This was one hell of a twist on what history has told us about Arthur and the Knights and all that it entailed. And I LOVED this book. I love the history. I love that you can tell the author did some research. This isn’t just something thrown together. Although, it’s a twist, it’s very factual with some things and it’s just made the book that much better. I can not wait to see how this turns out next, with the next book.
Mel has spent his life fighting nightmares and mourning the loss of his
Ariel
I'm a huge fan of Arthurian stories, and reading this m/m twist on the legends was a fun and, at times, twisty read. There were some aspects/events that I guessed would happen but others that took me by surprise. I did really enjoy the characterizations and personalities of each character, and I look forward to seeing how things progress as the series continues.

My one gripe is that while I enjoyed the 2 MCs and thought they made a good couple in the end, I didn't quite get as much feeling/emotio
Kendra T
Oct 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm, own-review, magic
This was so good!!!! This was a cool take on Lancelot and Merlin and the knights. I loved how they are living in current times and how there is a big shape up of massive war coming. The story was so intriguing. I normally read quickly, but this made me take it slow because there were a lot of details and intricacies in the story. Really enjoyed it and can’t wait for Lucan and Tom’s book. More of a 4.5 star read.

I am voluntarily reviewing an ARC provided by the author
Teresa
Lots of info

This being the first book in the series is filled with a lot of information and world building but it is a little confusing. Overall I liked the book and characters and am looking forward to more
ButtonsMom2003
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: purchased, beta-read
Edited 11/30/19 to add comments about the audiobook.

This audiobook needs 10 stars!

Confession time: I have many books in my Audible library that have been narrated by Greg Boudreaux/Greg Tremblay (two names for the same person) but I had not listened to any of them until I received a copy of The Twelfth Knight by Victoria Sue.

I loved this book so much when I read it (see original review below) but I'm having trouble finding the right words to describe how much more I loved it while listening to i
Some1possible
Aug 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars!!!

Once again, the author's proven that she's a pro at world building. I've always loved Arthurian fables, and I loved the additions/changes that were made to the famous stories. More magic, more enemies, more backstories -I love pretending that I'm uncovering new parts to the story that the general public doesn't know about 😁.

I knew within the first chapter that this book was going to rock my world. The author drops us right into the thick of things, with Lancelot truly playing the gall
Janet Welch
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
WOW!!! I LOVED this book!!! This book has a bit of everything.... history, fairytale (though not like you think), grittiness and a soft side, mystery and LOVE- a perfect amount of steamy... and a mystery- along with some humor..... seriously I can't recommend this book enough!!! Lance and Mel- so complicated and so endearing.... Lance has a talent for sticking his foot in his mouth which is both hilarious and painful at the same time..... sometimes you want to smack him and other times you just ...more
caroline wilson
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Legend😍

I received this book by the author and this is my honest opinion.
This description really drew me in from the moment I read it. English knights, gallant gentlemen, wizards, villains of epic proportions spanned from the round knights table. This is the first book in a brand new series of fantasy where we have Lancelot in the modern day world with his fellow knights where they try to find the other half of their souls so that they can fight the threat from morganna which has been in the maki
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Prince and His Bedeviled Bodyguard (Paranormal Princes #1)
  • Claiming Marcus (Lords of Discord, #1)
  • The Enchanter's Heart (The Ellwood Chronicles #4)
  • Wolfsbane (Werewolves of Boston #1)
  • Saving Rafe (Lords of Discord #2)
  • The Witch's Blood (The Ellwood Chronicles #3)
  • How to Vex a Vampire (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes, #1)
  • Dine with Me
  • Truth (Wolves of Walker County, #1)
  • Hot Potato (Seacroft, #3)
  • Embracing Winter (Lords of Discord, #4)
  • Mastering the Flames (The Beacon Hill Sorcerer, #4)
  • Save Me (Rutledge Brothers #2)
  • Stop at Nothing (The Chosen One #5)
  • White Knight (Blackwood Pack #8)
  • Hexxed (Witches of the Big Easy #1)
  • Convincing Conrad (Bodyguard Pack, #1)
  • Masquerade

Victoria Sue fell in love with love stories as a child when she would hide away with her mom’s library books and dream of the dashing hero coming to rescue her from math homework. She never mastered math but never stopped loving her heroes and decided to give them the happy ever afters they fight so hard for.
She loves reading and writing about gorgeous boys loving each other the best—and creating

Guardians of Camelot (3 books)
  • Dead of Knight (Guardians of Camelot #2)
  • The Darkest Knight (Guardians of Camelot #3)

News & Interviews