Start by marking “Good Times (French Quarter Collection #4)” as Want to Read:
Good Times (French Quarter Collection #4)

Good Times

(French Quarter Collection #4)

Friends are what we agree to be, but some romances deserve a second chance.

Finley

She was my first everything—first love, first real kiss, first time.
Even though we came from different worlds, Georgette Taylor understood me.
She was mine and I was hers.
I thought we’d be together forever.
Until she left me, just like everyone else.

Georgette

I haven’t seen Finley Lawson in
Published May 19th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Good Times, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Good Times

Start your review of Good Times (French Quarter Collection #4)
Jiffy Kate
May 13, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Have you read 𝘎𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘛𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘴?? ⁣

𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘱𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘢 𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘥𝘢𝘮𝘯 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘢𝘨𝘰. 𝘉𝘦𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵, 𝘐 𝘥𝘰𝘯’𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘩𝘦𝘳. 𝘚𝘩𝘦’𝘴 𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘮𝘦, 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘐 𝘢𝘮. 𝘈𝘯𝘥 𝘐’𝘭𝘭 𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘣𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘬𝘧𝘶𝘭 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘺𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘴 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘰𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘯 𝘮𝘺 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥.⁣

𝗔𝗱𝗱 𝘁𝗼 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗚𝗼𝗼𝗱𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱𝘀: https://bit.ly/3bQ2Kc8

𝗕𝘂𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝗮𝗽𝗲𝗿𝗯𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝗲𝗮𝗿𝗹𝘆: https://amzn.to/2Zod7Br

[image error]
Jessica Alcazar
The first word that comes to mind when I think of this story is respectful, and funny that, because that’s exactly one of the words I used to review my first book by this duo! I say respectful because this second chance romance wasn’t as easy as just they meet again years later …. There are circumstances present day that do not allow for these two to just jump to it and those circumstances could have been written in a way that wasn’t very respectful (in my eyes) but they weren’t. These ladies ma ...more
Nicole Emerald Book Reviews  McCurdy
Good Times by Jiffy Kate

#REVIEW
#FrenchQuarterCollection
#Secondchanceromance

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

I have never wanted to go to New Orleans so much in my life, more than after reading a Jiffy Kate novel. Their descriptive language is used so beautifully to paint a picture of the sights and sounds and tastes of the French Quarter, that you can’t help being transported there. For someone living thousands of miles away, they bring it all to vivid life. I’ve said it before in reviews about these particular authors but
Lisa
Shelves: 2020-books-read
This is an ARC review. All opinions are solely my own.

Good Times by Jiffy Kate is book 4 of the French Quarter collection. I had not read the previous books but that did not diminish my enjoyment or detract from the material.

Finley and Georgette are star-crossed high school sweethearts. Their separate paths have led them to a surprising reacquaintance.

I really enjoyed the route this book took. Georgette is the one that’s in a relationship when she meets Finley again. I really liked how they wra
Nikki
May 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing 4th book in one of my favorite series. Good Times is the total package of sexy and sweet, heart-felt and heartbreaking, with all the fun of New Orleans and Mardi Gras. Another fantastic surprise was seeing so many favorite characters cross paths in one book. If you’re a fan of Jiffy Kate, like I am, you will not be disappointed with the cameos you read. ITS SO GOOD YOU JUST HAVE TO READ IT!!! 💜💜💜
Frances Hernandez
May 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Cassandra Martin
May 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
I have never been to New Orleans, but after reading this series by Jiffy Kate, I feel like I could visit and be able to find these wonderful places they have written about.

One of my favorite parts of this series is that the titles of these books are all important places, where the characters meet, grow, and these places change them.

Finn and Jette have a wonderful first love and second chance romance. I personally love the reason she disappeared. By doing so she was able to spread her wings, be
LianaReads blog
May 16, 2020 rated it really liked it

I love second chance romance and this book ticked off all my favourite boxes.
I was looking forward to go back in NOLA and read about some of my favourite characters.
This duo has become one of my favourite authors in the last year, because their books are always full of everything I need for a great story with a guaranteed happily ever after.
F and J were best friends all their life but sometimes, life takes them on another way and everything changes, the dreams, the expectations, the
Sarah Keffer book.and.beagle
4 1/2 stars! If there was ever a book aptly titled, it is Good Times, because that’s exactly what you’ll have reading this book! I love second chance romances because of the old familiarity but they also get to see how the other has grown and changed over time. Finn is trying to make it, playing sax, in New Orleans when Jette suddenly reappears after walking out of his life five years earlier. Neither are prepared to see each other and the feelings that it stirs up. I came into this series late ...more
United Indie Book Blog
May 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
I enjoy the write styles of Jiffy Kate, honestly you’d think they were one person instead of two with how well the storyline flows and the characters develop. Maybe they share their brains.
Good Times started a little slow for me but once I was able to connect with Finley and Georgette, I was hooked. I should point out I haven’t read any of the others books in the series and at times I might have been a little confused on the secondary characters, it was easy to pick up once I continued to read.
Elizabeth
May 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
A second chance romance set in New Orleans, yes please! As usual, this duo painted a fantastic picture of the French Quarter and made me feel like I was there with crowds, and gave me a bit of wanderlust. Finn is shocked when a blast from his past shows up unexpectedly at a party, Georgette is just as stunned to see Finn, so she does what she does best, runs. How is she going to explain ghosting him all those years ago? I adore Finn and Jette. Good Times was exactly that, fun to read, a little b ...more
Sarah LeFevre
May 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Let me start with how much I adore Jiffy Kate bringing in all the Landry’s, and the French Quarter crew AND Lola and Bo!! It was amazing seeing all of their stories intertwine in one way or another.

This second chance romance/High School sweethearts is one of the best I’ve read. Finley is a big sweetheart that wants to take care of Georgette, all while she tries finding her footing moving to New Orleans. But they haven’t seen each other in 5 years! Are they friends? More than friends? I loved se
Heathers2boys0206
May 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Jiffy Kate is one of my favorite authors. They make you have all the feels and Good Times did not disappoint! First loves are sometimes the forever love and Finn and Jette are perfect! I felt like I was in New Orleans! I want to visit Grinders. I want to eat at Pockets...I mean...a Gumbo pocket?!?! I want to visit Good Times and hear the band and Finn play. I just loved this book! Definitely on my favorites list!
Polly Smith
May 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have hearts in my eyes! 😍 Good Times is the sweetest story and it was a joy to read! I love every single one of Jiffy Kate’s books (they are my favorite writing duo), but this one just left me with a deep sigh and a smile. After a long separation, Finn and Jette (childhood sweethearts) find each other again in the French Quarter. It was so fun to watch them find their way back to each other.
wendy Shelton(obsessedbybooks)
May 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
What a great second chance romance, Finn and Jette were each other's first in everything but each wanted different things and Jette thought ending things was the right thing to do, but fate has other plans. This was a great read with bringing previous characters back and I loved it. ...more
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Amazon

Georgette (Jette) and Finley were once best friends, each other's all, and they were going to be that way forever. But, she ghosted him and Finley's been walking around with half his heart ever since. Now living in New Orleans, he sees the gorgeous blonde curls he's missed, and the feelings he's always had for his Jette roar to life. Will she give him an explanation? Can they ever be again? Even just be friends because she's got a boyfriend?

I am telling you, I swooned while rea
Clara Martinez Turco
One thing I know for sure when reading a Jiffy Kate book is that wanderlust is guaranteed. They have the ability to transport you to the place and make you feel you are there, to the point where you will not want to leave! Each book of the French Quarter series gives an accurate description of New Orleans that had me thinking both writers have lived there for years (they actually live in different states in case someone is wondering).

Good Times, the fourth book of the series, captures the musica
Dimple
May 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Good Times is a tasty little snack set in a city that really knows how to deliver the goods.

Georgette/Jette and Finn were childhood best friends who became so much more. Inseparable throughout their youth and young adulthood, Finn believed they'd find their way in the world in each other's arms. Until Georgette leaves abruptly to start a new life, without him. Devastated but resigned, he moves on with his life. Having become an incredibly talented musician, he moves to a city with art and music
Miranda
May 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.75 Stars- I really enjoyed this story, it was sweet with limited angst which was a nice change that there wasn’t this constant struggle. The characters were wonderful and down to earth.

***Keep in mind that this was the first book out of the series I read so even though advised could be stand alone I’m sure I would have been pulled in a lot faster if I recognized the other characters and setting. So please don’t let this sway your opinion.***

This book started off slow then built up by 20% for
christyheartsbooks
Shelves: arc, quarantine-reads
This book starts with Finley at a club where he will be playing his saxophone on NYE. As he is mingling with friends the last person he expected to see, Georgette aka Jette walks in and throws him for a loop. Jette was his first everything as a teen but most importantly his first heart break because she walked away after their senior year of HS and never looked back. But now here she is back in his life and she has a long distance boyfriend but Finley still can't seem to stay away.

I enjoyed this
Mari
May 22, 2020 rated it liked it

I had no idea that this was part of series going in. So admittedly a bit lost in the start with all these new connections and names too me a while to get a hang of everything. I had only read Jiffy Kate in anthologies so gave this a go. The writing was easy going and enjoyable enough. A good second chance romance of Jette and Finn who fell apart and found each other again. The setting was lovely New Orleans and Mardi Gras added flair to the reunion.

Being new to this series I don't know
Sadie Hope
May 19, 2020 rated it liked it
Of all the bars in all of New Orleans - of course she walks into his. Finley has been missing Georgette for five years since she ran away to New York. When she literally walks in the bar he is playing in - will he let her walk away again?

This was a sweet rom-com romance with some second chance and some friends to lovers with a side of a love triangle. Finley is a sweet musician from the wrong side of the tracks with a heroine who is the perfect rich blond girl. I should hate them both - but I di
RateTheRomance
I have read the other books in this series by Jiffy Kate set in New Orleans and, sadly, this has been my least favorite of the bunch. For some reason I just couldn't connect with these characters and their chemistry seemed to be nonexistent.

Yes, there is a steamy sex scene, but leading up to that scene there is almost no sexual tension between these two. I never got the feeling that they were driven wild by each other with every heated glance or minor physical contact.

About 3/4 of the way thro
Michele McMullen
May 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Good Times is the second chance for Finley and Georgette. They were high school sweethearts but life got in the way and they took the journey on separate paths. A surprise meeting in New Orleans at Mardi Gras is when this couple is given their second chance . Finley knows that he can never forget Jette she was his first everything and holds a part of him . This second chance is his shot and getting the part back that he lost so many years ago. I gives you all the feels and it certainly gives you ...more
Wendy Livingstone
May 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the 4th book in this series and is Finn and Jette’s story. These two were high school sweethearts until she left him behind with a broken heart. Now 5 years later Finn is playing in a club when he spots Jette there as well. This is a well written story which is heartfelt, sweet, emotional, heartbreaking and steamy, which all had me hooked throughout this addictive page turner. I recommend these talented authors’ work for all readers.
Tricia Bartley.  #AuthorStalker
"Finley Lawson… the boy I loved… the boy I left behind."

Y'all...I'm such a sucker for second chance romance and I'm a sucker for Jiffy Kate books!!! I probably say this every time they have a release....I can't wait to get my hands on it!! Lol

Of course Good Times didn't disappoint..Jiffy Kate books give me that slow burn and a smoken hawt romance I crave from them!!

BTW I have a new favorite couple by this duo. 💛💛💛 and love love this cover!!
Karin
May 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Georgette and Finley’s second chance love story was so sweet and having lived in Nola for years I loved that it was described perfectly. These two were so in love and inseparable until Georgette picks a different path that she thinks is best for them both but all that changes years later when she sees Finley again on what was suppose to be a temporary trip.
Melissa
May 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Jiffy Kate did it again! This fabulous book brings the joys genuine friendship and true love. Honest good people living their best lives. And the best part? The feels of long lost love and forever happiness.
Jessica Boring
May 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
I LOVED Finn and Jette. Finn is what every girl wants and they are perfect. There is also appearances from all of the other New Orleans characters. I couldn't put the book down. ...more
Alphas Do It Better Book Blog
4 stars

« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Steal My Magnolia (Love at First Sight, #3)
  • Love in Deed (Green Valley Library #6)
  • Carpentry and Cocktails (Green Valley Library, #5)
  • Cutie and the Beast (Cipher Office, #3)
  • Batter of Wits (Love at First Sight, #2)
  • Stranger Ranger (Park Ranger, #2)
  • The One That I Want (Scorned Women's Society #3)
  • The Nature of Cruelty
  • Pucked Over (Pucked, #3)
  • Pucked (Pucked, #1)
  • Pucked Up (Pucked, #2)
  • Heart Smart (Work For It #2)
  • Code of Honor (Cipher Security #2)
  • Silver Mayor (The Silver Foxes of Blue Ridge #3)
  • Upsy Daisy
  • Powerful Bastard (Cocky Hero Club)
  • A Place to Call Home: Timeless Southern Charm
  • The Treble With Men (Scorned Women's Society, #2)
Subscribe to Jiffy Kate's Newsletter: http://eepurl.com/c_JFaX

Jiffy Kate is the joint pen name for Jiff Simpson and Jenny Kate Altman. They're co-writing besties who share a brain and a love of cute boys, good coffee, and fun times.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jiffykate
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jiffykatewr...

French Quarter Collection (4 books)
  • Blue Bayou
  • Come Again
  • Neutral Grounds (French Quarter Collection #3)