Start by marking “Maktub” as Want to Read:
Maktub

Read Book

Maktub

Maktub não é um livro de conselhos, mas uma troca de experiências. A maior parte dos textos se refere a ensinamentos que Paulo Coelho recebeu de seu mestre ao longo de 11 anos. Outros são relatos de amigos ou pessoas desconhecidas que de uma forma ou de outra lhe deixaram uma mensagem inesquecível. Finalmente, existem trechos de livros que ele leu e de histórias que perten ...more
Published February 8th 2005 by Planeta Pub Corp (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Maktub, please sign up.
Marah_Ny93 yes ! the green one in the photo our actually its not photo its the editions

Start your review of Maktub
A. Gulden
Jun 13, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: paulo-coelho
“If you are still living, it’s because you have not yet arrived at the place you should be.”

“A man, who seeks only the light, while shirking his responsibilities, will never find illumination. And one who keeps his eyes fixed upon the sun ends up blind.”

“Life is these walls, and fate is the shout that each of us makes.” said the shepherd. “What we do will be returned to us in the same form. “God acts as the echo of our own deeds.”

“We have been moving along at such a fast pace that we no longer k
Jeenar ژینەر
Oct 13, 2015 rated it it was ok
Honestly I felt like I'm reading a crapy version of Like The Flowing River
Omama.
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Nouran Rostom
Mar 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
A Bunch of articles written by Paulo Coelho in various occasions involving various Eras & Cultures.
A Book full of quotes , lessons and sermons.
I liked it. :)
Ghada Elsawy
Jun 12, 2013 rated it liked it
Good Book,some of my favorite quotes

*God's decisions are mysterious; but they are always in our favor."

*"Make use of every blessing that God gave you today. A blessing cannot be saved. There is no bank where we can deposit blessings received, to use them when we see fit. If you do not use them, they will be irretrievably lost.

*we can never use clay on our canvas, nor pens in sculpture. "Each day has its own miracle. Accept the blessings, work, and create your minor works of art today. "Tomorro
Dz.Book Fairy
Apr 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Full of amazing quotes but it's too much. You feel like you need one page a day because your brain can't process that much of thoughts and ideas about life in general. The kind of quotes that you need to try and work by it or you'll soon forget it.
E. H. Nathasia
Dec 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Contains valuable life lessons presented in short excerpt/paragraph.
SeRRo
Jan 04, 2019 rated it liked it
This does not read like a book in itself but more like a collection of spiritual precepts, maxims and aphorisms. Coelho is good at this game and this book is no surprise.
I liked the concept of a crossroad as a holy place, thought it was beautiful.
Hindooh
Oct 04, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I really wanted to like this book, it's been sitting on my shelf for three years now.
But after finishing each chapter I found myself thinking: "that was stupid. why did you think it was a good idea to share this with the world!?"
Rao Javed
Aug 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ficion-books

MIND BLOWING

This book was really mind blowing in a lot of ways. I just picked it up thinking its a very small book I can read it in a day, but i read it slowly as i did enjoy myself reading it.

It was not like a story but rather some small individual, inspiration, motivational, religious and thoughtful stuff. After reading this I feel like saying something that there is no such thing as my genre your genre types of books...books are just good or brilliant that's all.
Cristina Mazilu
May 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
Paulo Coelho has been and still is one of my favorite authors. He has an interesting approach to religion, witch craft, magic, and whatnot but I adore the way he writes. It's so smooth and so easy to read. Maktub, in particular was very inspiration to me. It was an incredibly touching book. Maktub is more of a collection of short stories rather than one cohesive story. It does, however bring to light many interesting facts and words of wisdom. I even wept at a couple of stories, and to me that s ...more
Edita
Nov 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paulo-coelho
“Maktub” means “It is written.” The Arabs feel that “It is written” is not really a good translation, because, although everything is already written, God is compassionate, and wrote it all down just to help us.
Jama Jack
May 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
I'm glad I found this book right when I needed most of the things it offered. A boost in faith, a reminder of my purpose, an affirmation of my selfworth, the encouragement to love, a restoration of my trust in God and an acceptance of whatever fate I may be dealt with. Coelho has not yet disappointed me.
Ima.lotus
Jun 07, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: cohelo
A nice book to read every once and a while. I love the fact that there is no order to follow. You can pick up any page and read it. I can't say it is about spirituality, it is more about the wisdom collected over the years by many people. A book to be kept somewhere near.
Nermy
Dec 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A collection of Paulo thoughts, views and philosophy about life and other short legendary and folklore stories about wisdom; life, love, will, courage, faith, happiness and attitude. Inspiring and calming. Actually I enjoyed reading it :)
Rana Kadry
Feb 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed every minute reading this book!
It's the kind of book I will want to read over and over again...
Full of quotes and philosophy, you keep thinking about your own life while reading.
Barbara
May 26, 2010 rated it really liked it
MAKTUB means ’It is written..."I think its an excellent title for very short incidents descibed in this book ,all of them carry deep messages about life.
Elaine Oliveira
Oct 06, 2010 rated it really liked it
One of those books to keep close by. You never know when you'´ll need it.
R7ma
Mar 17, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
reading it in English is much better cuz the arabic translation didnt submit the whole issues introduced in the English copy
Assala Mihoubi
Sep 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
You always speak to my soul, understand what is life is all about!
Wisdom at its peak!
Thank you! Paulo Coelho
Leyla Taran
Jun 19, 2008 rated it really liked it
very nice quotes that I 'll try to use them in my life.
Ron
Oct 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Thought it was too preachy and finished another book. Went back to it and then it pulsed to life, offering its wisdom. I'm glad I went back to it.

The arts of divination were developed in order to counsel people, never to predict the future. They provide good advice, but poor prophecy.
Prakash Yadav
Dec 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Quick staccato anecdotes and micro fables make this work a comfortable travel read. Like a disembodied head the reader follows the wanderer witnessing a multitude of unconnected yet somewhat related stories and often they are accompanied by morals. There are some not-so-obvious similarities between the oriental and the occidental philosophies and they have been subtly highlighted here, giving the reader something to do while they hop from one tale to the next.
Surprisingly I haven't come across m
Elena Balena
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was ok
This book has been a challenge for me.
I'm 61% of the way through on my kindle and rather than having a storyline, it is a collection of preachy religious fables.

They are nice to consider as great life lessons, but I prefer Paulo Coehlo's other books where the fable assists or accentuates the story.
Kiran Sandhu
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
beautiful writing...food for the soul... an excellent read...
Satine Walter
Oct 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Easy to read, good food for thought.
Liene Bričonoka
Oct 05, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: paulo-coelho
I was not enjoying this book a lit. some of the stories got me thinking and I could relate to them however the majority of them is about God.
Belle
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was ok
It was alright. Little passages with different messages. Chill read.
Naj
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Paul Coelho is a genius. This book is a collection of short stories / anecdotes which are really life lessons to all.
Ralph N
Jun 29, 2018 rated it liked it
One of his worst works I’ve had read
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Paulo Coelho Group 2 68 Jan 04, 2015 04:59AM

• No es cuestión de leche, es cuestión de actitud
  • الأجنحة المتكسرة (Arabic Edition)
  • أفكار من وحي الحياة
  • Paulo Coelho: A Warrior's Life - The Authorized Biography
  • لا يوجد لصوص في هذه المدينة
  • Mes amis, mes amours
  • سلمى
  • هشت کتاب
  • صديقي ما أعظمك
  • NADA QUE PERDER. ME DECIA CONSUELO
  • Nada que perder. Me decía Consuelo.
  • La vida es una sola
  • Nada que perder. Me decía Consuelo
  • وحين يجمعنا القدر
  • Letter to a Child Never Born
  • لا تصالح
  • بیشعوری، راهنمای تشخیص و درمان خطرناکترین بیماری تاریخ بشریت
  • كن لنفسك كل شيء
The Brazilian author PAULO COELHO was born in 1947 in the city of Rio de Janeiro. Before dedicating his life completely to literature, he worked as theatre director and actor, lyricist and journalist. In 1986, PAULO COELHO did the pilgrimage to Saint James of Compostella, an experience later to be documented in his book The Pilgrimage. In the following year, COELHO published The Alchemist. Slow in ...more

Related Articles

Married with children, a dissatisfied woman recklessly rekindles an old flame in Adultery, the latest novel from the international bestselling auth...
“Certain things in life simply have to be experienced -and never explained. Love is such a thing.” 1075 likes
“A man who seeks only the light, while shirking his responsibilities, will never find illumination. And one who keep his eyes fixed upon the sun ends up blind..."
"It doesn't matter what others think -because that's what they will think, in any case. So, relax. Let the universe move about. Discover the joy of surprising yourself."
"The master says: “Make use of every blessing that God gave you today. A blessing cannot be saved. There is no bank where we can deposit blessings received, to use them when we see fit. If you do not use them, they will be irretrievably lost. God knows that we are creative artists when it comes to our lives. On one day, he gives us clay for sculpting, on another, brushes and canvas, or a pen. But we can never use clay on our canvas, nor pens in sculpture. Each day has its own miracle. Accept the blessings, work, and create your minor works of art today. Tomorrow you will receive others.”
“You are together because a forest is always stronger than a solitary tree,” the master answered. "The forest conserves humidity, resists the hurricane and helps the soil to be fertile. But what makes a tree strong is its roots. And the roots of a plant cannot help another plant to grow. To be joined together in the same purpose is to allow each person to grow in his own fashion, and that is the path of those who wish to commune with God.”
“If you must cry, cry like a child. You were once a child, and one of the first things you learned in life was to cry, because crying is a part of life. Never forget that you are free, and that to show your emotions is not shameful. Scream, sob loudly, make as much noise as you like. Because that is how children cry, and they know the fastest way to put their hearts at ease. Have you ever noticed how children stop crying? They stop because something distracts them. Something calls them to the next adventure. Children stop crying very quickly. And that's how it will be for you. But only if you can cry as children do.”
“If you are traveling the road of your dreams, be committed to it. Do not leave an open door to be used as an excuse such as, 'Well, this isn't exactly what I wanted. ' Therein are contained the seeds of defeat. “Walk your path. Even if your steps have to be uncertain, even if you know that you could be doing it better. If you accept your possibilities in the present, there is no doubt that you will improve in the future. But if you deny that you have limitations, you will never be rid of them. “Confront your path with courage, and don't be afraid of the criticism of others. And, above all, don't allow yourself to become paralyzed by self-criticism. “God will be with you on your sleepless nights, and will dry your tears with His love. God is for the valiant.”
"Certain things in life simply have to be experienced -and never explained. Love is such a thing."
"There is a moment in every day when it is difficult to see clearly: evening time. Light and darkness blend, and nothing is completely clear nor completely dark."
"But it's not important what we think, or what we do or what we believe in: each of us will die one day. Better to do as the old Yaqui Indians did: regard death as an advisor. Always ask: 'Since I'm going to die, what should I be doing now?'”
"When we follow our dreams, we may give the impression to others that we are miserable and unhappy. But what others think is not important. What is important is the joy in our heart.”
“There is a work of art each of us was destined to create. That is the central point of our life, and -no matter how we try to deceive ourselves -we know how important it is to our happiness. Usually, that work of art is covered by years of fears, guilt and indecision. But, if we decide to remove those things that do not belong, if we have no doubt as to our capability, we are capable of going forward with the mission that is our destiny. That is the only way to live with honor.”
237 likes