Start by marking “The Counterfeiter's Daughter” as Want to Read:
The Counterfeiter's Daughter

The Counterfeiter's Daughter

An empathetic psychologist, Madelyn Brighton trusts no one. She maintains a solitary and organized life with a serene view of the beach.

Everything changes when bad news forces her to leave sunny California and travel to Bavaria in south Germany. Amid 19th-century castles and dark family secrets, she must deal with the repercussions of her estranged father’s shocking counte
ebook
Published July 5th 2020 by Penhallow Books

To ask other readers questions about The Counterfeiter's Daughter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Counterfeiter's Daughter

Start your review of The Counterfeiter's Daughter
Anna Mocikat
Sep 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a fun read!

The Counterfeiter's Daughter by Victoria Marswell takes you on a journey to Bavaria, where Maddie. the heroine, has to face many adventures and finds the man of her life.

Although I usually don't read romance, I enjoyed this book a lot. Particularly, because Bavaria is my homeland. I spent my childhood in the region around Lake Chiemsee and was delighted to see how well the author described it. I almost felt like at home!

I highly recommend this book to all fans of Christian Romanc
Kelly Miller
Aug 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Madelyn, an American, travels to Bavaria and gets tangled into intrigue, murder, and romance. She meets two mysterious strangers. Can she trust either of them? I enjoyed the surprising turns in this well-written story and highly recommend it for anyone who enjoys mystery, romance, and/or adventure!
A.C. Merkel
Sep 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wild ride!

I get into anything modern yet historically transportive.

Here’s some things you get.
Bavaria.
Composers.
Historical artifacts
Castles
Museums
Cute German dresses. Swoon. Maddie is thoroughly lovable!
Natural wonders of the world
Quaint inns
Fancy 5 star penthouses.
Local cuisine.
Car/bike chases
Betrayal
Forgiveness
Love
Redemption.
Faith. I’m not much on this one But it’s handled with a light and non-judgmental hand.

So packed with iconic places and historical throw backs. Classic fil
Sukaina Majeed
Aug 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I dive into a book the first thing I notice is the sketch of the main characters and sometimes of the lesser known characters too and this my friend is a beautifuly character driven book. As the story moves ahead,the characters start peeling themselves like onion layers.

The usage of the beautiful locations and their detailed description makes it a very lively read. As I move ahead in the book every scenario reminded me of what one would call a ‘masala bollywood movie’, Bollywood being the H
Anya Pavelle
Aug 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is extremely fun. Madelyn, the protagonist, gets news of her stepfather's death and reluctantly travels to Bavaria at the request of her stepfather's widow. Madelyn then finds herself entangled in a struggle for a precious antiquity. She meets two men, Jake and Leon, who force her on an adventure that I enjoyed thoroughly.

The descriptive setting of Bavaria helped satisfy my travel bug in a year when Covid disrupted our vacation plans, and the art historian in me loved the role a valua
Alice
Aug 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I loved the characters that Victoria Marswell created in the novel. Madelyn was a headstrong and brilliant character, I was so happy that she wasn’t the stereotypical helpless female and that she had some great personality traits. I really liked Jake as a character and thought that he was such a great counterpart to bounce off Madelyn. Their dialogue was written well and although slow burning romances aren’t usually my thing, I didn’t mind this one at all.
S.P. O'Farrell
May 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Marvelous Madelyn

I don’t read a lot of romance, but I could not put The Counterfeiter's Daughter down. Marswell weaves a fresh, engrossing tale that follows the intrepid Madelyn Brighton through picturesque Bavaria, as she seeks closure with her ruptured past. This story is beautifully crafted, engaging, and leaves just enough daylight for a possible sequel.

What I particularly enjoyed was the masterful balance between the action, internal conflicts, and budding romance, a la Nora Roberts. Sens
J.J.
Jul 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Marswell paints a rich, immersive picture of Bavaria, south Germany in this book, populated by equally engaging characters.

The mystery/suspense plot is well constructed and will keep you guessing with plenty of interesting music history details. The history of the area and the artifact involved are so vividly rendered that it gives the book a hint of historical romance charm if not for the fact that it's still set in modern day. For me this gave it extra layers of depth and enjoyability.

I espec
Sandra
Jul 09, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
A slow burn to start Marswell's first book took me a while to get into. But by the time the plot started moving I was hooked. Great detail, good characters and a killer ending! ...more
Sarah King
Madelyn definitely gets swept away on a whirlwind adventure in the Counterfeiter’s daughter, though it does take a little time to get into the story. Thankfully a hero in a bomber jacket is my kind of guy any day of the week. Unfortunately for work-focused, fatherless Madelyn, she’s thrust into a world not too unlike Indiana Jones due to her absentee-dad who got in too deep with antique smugglers.

Like any good romance you have to have a handsome hero, and Jake Nolan fits that bill. If Jake is In
Tanweer Dar
Jan 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Counterfeiter's Daughter is a romantic adventure along the lines of Romancing the Stone and the Indiana Jones movies, with a Bond-like villain (complete with accent) and a breathtaking Bavarian setting.

Following the journey of Madelyn Brighton, who travels to Germany for a funeral, the story takes several twists and turns centred around an historic musical artefact and the competing motives and affections of Jake and Leon.

It's not my usual read, and the sometimes intense and extensive descri
Elizabeth Holland
A fun, fast-paced read with lots of unexpected twists. I throughly enjoyed this read with a romance bubbling away throughout. The characters were well written and I felt myself rooting for Madelyn to fulfil her father's wishes and put the past to rest. A brilliant read from a wonderful author. ...more
Elisabeth Huerta
Enjoyable Read

Madelyn finds herself on an unexpected adventure when she meets Jake, with the possibility that her life is in danger she takes a leap of faith and chooses to trust Jake. The romance between them was great to read, overall a very good book.
carol a. vaughn

• The Sun Down Motel
  • The Call of the Wild
  • The De-Coding of Jo: Hall of Ignorance
  • Mark of a Demon
  • London Calling (Lady Dreamscapes Book 2)
  • PRESENTING: The Aftermath (Ready Rocker Series Book 1)
  • The Night Tiger
  • The Package
  • Accusing Mr. Darcy
  • Midnight in Chernobyl: The Untold Story of the World's Greatest Nuclear Disaster
  • Shadow-Stained (Stones of Power #1)
  • A Gambling Man (Archer, #2)
  • The Vintage Bookshop of Memories
  • House of Salt and Sorrows
  • A Winter's Cobalt Kiss (The Vampires of Emberbury, #3,5)
  • The Brothers Karamazov
  • The Forty Rules of Love
Victoria Marswell is a romance suspense author. Victoria started writing poetry and short stories in her early teens. She majored in biblical studies at Hope International University and incorporates inspirational Christian themes into her writings. Victoria is a world traveler and sets her stories in the locations she has visited. At 17, she traveled to Germany and Austria where she was inspired ...more

News & Interviews