Start by marking “Hard Fall (Trophy Boyfriends, #2)” as Want to Read:
Hard Fall (Trophy Boyfriends, #2)

Hard Fall

(Trophy Boyfriends #2)

"Hard Fall"

That's what my mom is always saying: "The bigger you are, the harder you fall." She's talking about love—I've never been in it myself, but that doesn't stop me from secretly matchmaking for my friends. Who would suspect me, a world class athlete, of meddling in other people's love lives? I love Love, especially when it’s not me who’s doing the falling…

"No Thanks
Published August 18th 2020 by Three Legacies, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Hard Fall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hard Fall

Start your review of Hard Fall (Trophy Boyfriends, #2)
Christy
Aug 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-four-stars
4 stars

15F3A29D_FEFC_426B_B52A_3A531EDEF2E9_IMG_8063
I need a girl I can bring home to my mother, and Hollis Westbrooke is perfect in every way. Other than the fact that she hates me…

Reading Hard Fall was such a blast. Seriously, this one was so much fun to read. I enjoyed the first book in this series a lot, but I think I liked this one even more. Buzz was such a hilarious hero and I loved getting his perspective.

Trace ‘Buzz’ Wallace meets Hollis Westbrooke at the stadium he plays ball and naturally, he hits on her. He
Syndi
Dec 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is fun. I feel so entertained by Wallace. He is super cute. Perfect boyfriend material. I love how persistent he is pursuing Hollace. Miss Ney brings this book to a different level. Instead of man whore, we got commited hero.

What a fresh breath of air. Hard Fall is the first book I read in this series. Hopefully I can get copy of other books.

Very entertaining reading to start Christmas holiday.

4 stars
Halle Reads
4.5 Stars 🌟

20200819-211410

Hard Fall is the 2nd book in the Trophy Boyfriends Series but can be read as a standalone. This is a laugh out loud romantic comedy between a professional baseball player and the daughter of his Boss with a fake dating element to it.

When it comes to rom coms and any sort of sports romance I have a very specific type of hero I'm always drawn to and Trace 'Buzz' Wallace checks all the boxes. He is loud, obnoxiously funny, a little dorky, he has no boundaries but is a sweetheart, sup
Carmen Rae
I was super excited to see that the second book in the Trophy Boyfriends series was Trace “Buzz” Wallace. I loved him so much in the previous book and I was hoping he would meet his match and cop a heap of trouble from Noah and Miranda as payback for all the Buzzness he put them through because man is he a character and a half.

Even in his own story he was larger than life. In a way that felt like it would be painful if you didn’t know how absolutely caring and sincere he could be. Everything abo
Meredith Wilson
Shelves: 2020-arcs
Hard Fall is the second book in the Trophy Boyfriends series by Sara Ney. Told in dual perspectives, this is Trace 'Buzz' Wallace and Hollis Westbrooke's story.

Now while I enjoyed the first book in this series a lot, I liked this one even more. It was a barrel full of laughs and so much fun to read. Buzz was such a sweet and hilarious hero. His antics in trying to win over the team's general manager's daughter were highly entertaining. The adorableness of these two slayed me, and I can't see an
ABookLover73
Aug 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Review coming soon
Jenn Amy
Mar 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
4.5⭐️

This is the Sara Ney I LOVE. This book is laugh out loud funny. Trace ‘Buzz’ Wallace is one of my favourite hero’s of all time. He made me laugh one minute and swoon the next. He is serious at all the right times, super sweet, funny and just the whole package. He pursued Hollis with so much confidence and never wavered in his pursuit of her.

Hollis Westbrooke is the daughter of the GM for the baseball team Buzz plays for. She is sassy, and sweet and the sexy, flirty banter between her and B
Bookgasms Book Blog
Aug 12, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: shelly, ratula
I love Sara Ney's stories! They are always banterific and full of sass and swoons. But while I thought Hollis and Trace's story was really cute with funny laugh out loud moments, Hard Fall was a bit of a mixed bag for me.

I enjoyed Hollis' sass, independence and wit and the endearing role reversal in the story where we see the hero's vulnerability and how he wore his heart on his sleeve. I just wish I felt more of a connection between the couple. I never really felt the swoons and butterflies in
M
4.5 ⭐

I wasn't very fond of Trace (aka Buzz) in Hard Pass. He came across cocky and a jerk. A player that every woman would want and if you didn't something was obviously wrong with you and not him.

Man OH MAN did he make me fall for him in this book though. He was a swoony and funny baseball player. He wanted to earn the love of his perfect lady. His family was so fun and meddled in everything in his life. (view spoiler)
Giorgia ~ Reads

Better than the first book. I liked the male lead, he was such a ... i have no idea what word would describe him. But unique is one. He was childish but mature when it mattered.
It was a short, sweet read.
Maud
Aug 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Buzz is the book boyfriend I hadn’t expected… But now he is my soulmate *swoon*

When I was reading Hard Pass, I liked Buzz, I thought he was funny and cutely annoying, but I couldn’t imagine an epic love story for him, I was seeing him as too much of a goof or a flirt. How wrong was I…. Trace (aka Buzz) is the ultimate romantic! He is so darn cute and sensitive while being HILARIOUS, you could make a joke book with only the nicknames he gives to Hollis, but the funniest thing is not what he says,
AJ
Aug 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars!

Oh, what a fun read! Sweet, sexy and laugh-out-loud funny, this playful sports romance is a great read with a gorgeous love story, and I loved it!

Trace “Buzz” Wallace was introduced in the first book of this series as the annoyingly over-familiar best friend to Noah (but note that this book can easily be read as a standalone). Trace is a professional baseball player who is as well known for playing off the field as he is for his skill on the field. He doesn’t have the greatest reputati
❃**✿【Yasmine】✿**❃
Definitely a grower! Really enjoyed the silly humoured hero.
Bec (booktineus)
Oct 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5/5

This book made me laugh so much
Sam (AMNReader)

I know that maybe some of you are perplexed with why I keep reading Sara Ney. ME too! I mean, seriously, the height and weight of her athletes should be frustrating enough that I have given up all together (here a 6'3 pitcher tipping the scales at 260, just like his brother (a football player, position TBD), but to be quite honest, she wrote an NA book that has remained one of the stickiest I've ever read in a good way. So I feel like between that and her quick reads, I'll probably always give h
Wendy'sThoughts
Aug 19, 2020 marked it as to-read
Recommends it for: Sarah Ney Fsns, Romance
Recommended to Wendy'sThoughts by: Christy
5 The Best Stars
* * * * * Spoiler Free-A Quick Review
What makes a book feel like the best, one that causes you to have a smile on your face the entire time you are reading it. The one that makes you laugh out loud and want to text someone about how terrific this book is.

Sarah Ney hits this out of the park on every level for me.
It had heart, humor, enough depth, and steam. I really was so taken by it from the start. Trace and his entire family was over the top but worked with the type of cray c
Courtney
Aug 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Hard Fall is the second book in Ney's Trophy Boyfriends. It's Trace "Buzz" Wallace's story and can easily be read as a standalone.

I truly enjoyed reading this story. Literally laughed and smiled my whole way through this one. It is chocked full of humor with a perfect blend of romance and baseball. The humor was never over the top and fit these characters so well and rounded out the plot perfectly.

Buzz and Hollis meet at the stadium unexpectedly. They don't exactly have the best run-in but it's
Treena
This book was just what I needed to get over my Ilona Andrews-Emerald Blaze hangover. And that's all because of Trace, the hero in this book. Trace is an adorable goofball and I just loved him! Oh man, he made me laugh so much.

This story was so totally different from Emerald Blaze and had just the right amount (imo) of absurd comedy without resorting to hi-jinks or stupid situations that I hate. Just great, witty and funny banter between and because of the MC's.

I thought it was the perfect low
Mia
Sep 25, 2020 rated it liked it
I really enjoyed Hard Fall Hollis and Trace are funny and cute and I'm excited for 3th book. ...more
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
5 Stars!

BUZZ IS UP FOR BAT!

Sara Ney is back with the second standalone in the Trophy Boyfriends series and y'all, I was here for it all. We met our hero, the infamous, hilarious, slightly (LOL!!) intrusive Trace "Buzz" in the first book in this series and I was positively buzzing for his story and guess what? EPIC in every single way that is Sara Ney magic.

Hard Fall was just that... a hard fall for the guy who falls for the one girl who wanted nothing to do with him... at first. From the moment
JudyAnnLovesBooks
Aug 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing

OMG! I just can’t.
I love Trace “Buzz” Wallace so much!
I want to fold him up and keep him in my back pocket for a rainy day!
Is there anything hotter than a sexy, silly, man with a body to die for who also happens to be a professional athlete?
The answer is No!
Trace is a mamma’s boy and he’s such a sweetheart. You will adore his dorkiness and snort laugh at the things that fly out of his mouth. His relationship with his brother Tripp is hilarious and his family in general is certifiable in the m
Kari Hansen
Aug 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Trace is a professional baseball player who is close to his family, is a loyal friend and has a way with women. He is quite happy to help his friends find their true loves, but he is quite content to remain single until Hollis walks into his life. The only problem is that he already has two strikes against him being she isn’t interested in his charm and her father is his boss. Will his endgame be a strikeout or a homerun?

Hollis is feisty, fiery and determined to forge her own path. She has been
nikki
Aug 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
After meeting Trace Wallace in HARD PASS I couldn’t wait to get to his book, and I have to telly you that it was everything I’d hoped it to be and more. Trace is a funny one...he come across as a bit of an airhead and a lot slutty, but once you really get to know him you can’t help but fall in love with the person that he really is.

HARD FALL had me laughing so hard and I adore the banter between Trace & Hollis. I’m a huge fan of Sara Ney’s “How to Date...” series, but honestly, I think this has
Rhonda Ziglar
Aug 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 HARD FALL STARS!! Wow, this was perfection. I absolutely loved this story and it gave me all the feels. Buzz and Hollis put a smile on my face all the way through and I know they will for you too. Sara Ney's writing is phenomenal and I can't wait to read more by her. ...more
Ambriehl Khalil
Ahhh cute!! This one was so much more fun than the first and these two characters had great chemistry. This was a super lighthearted, quick read and I’m not even a little bit surprised that our hero was a big cuddly softie.
Raine
Trace is too much!!!

I absolutely LOVE this book! I didn't think too much of Trace in the first book, but in his book he was outstanding. We get to see more sides of Trace than the freeloading friend of Harding. I'm surprised at the many layers of Trace that is unexpected and adorable. I also really like Hollis, but for me, in this book, Trace sole the show. Cute romance and utterly hilarious!
Nadia
This was hilarious, oh man, I was cackling like an idiot the entire time. Buzz is adorable and a sweetheart and must be protected at all cost. Hollis isn't my favorite, she seemed quite self-centered. Generally, I'm loving this series and I'm very excited for the next book. ...more
Izzy ♡ boom, boom, fucking boom
A hero who loves love?!?! I'm so here for that! ...more
Lisa Mandina
Sep 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Okay, Buzz Wallace is now up in my top book boyfriends who make me laugh along with Jason Orson from The Lineup by Meghan Quinn and Mal Ericson from Play by Kylie Scott. In fact, this book kind of cemented for me that I really want a funny guy like this. I mean Hollis’s text replies of lol were weird to me at first, until I realized that I was actually laughing out loud constantly at Buzz. But I also really connected with Hollis in some of the ways she said she wasn’t great with certain things. ...more
Amy [Book Addict Reviews]
Aug 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Hard Fall is EVERYTHING. From the moment Trace “Buzz” Wallace was introduced I was dying for his story and this was everything I could have wanted and so much more.

Buzz is hilarious, kind of dorky, awkward and has a great heart underneath everything. Hollis has some walls up, but she is fully of sass, she is independent, and she is smart. Her and Buzz really balance each other out. I loved their first meeting and things only got better from there.

Buzz and Hollis have amazing chemistry, I LOVED

• Bully King (Kings of High Court College, #1)
  • Somethin' About That Boy
  • Devious Kisses (It's Just High School, #1)
  • Aggro
  • Wicked Billionaire (The Wicked Horse Vegas, #8)
  • Love Unexpected
  • Trick You (Rebel Ink, #2)
  • King of Souls (Verona Legacy, #2)
  • Why Are You Here? (Love Kills #1)
  • Like You Care (Devilbend Dynasty, #1)
  • Sully's Fantasy (Goddess Isles, #5.1)
  • Forsaken (Gritt Family #2)
  • Clutch Player (Cocky Hero Club)
  • Heartbreak You  (Heartbreak Duet, #2)
  • Tame Him (Rebels At Sterling Prep, #2)
  • Taunt Her (Rebels At Sterling Prep #1)
  • Blue is the Color (Blue is the Color, #1-4)
  • King of Nothing (Boys of Almadale, #1)
See top shelves…
Sara Ney is the USA Today Bestselling Author of the How to Date a Douchebag series, and is best known for her sexy, laugh-out-loud New Adult romances. Among her favorite vices, she includes: iced latte's, historical architecture and well-placed sarcasm. She lives colorfully, collects vintage books, art, loves flea markets, and fancies herself British. ...more

Trophy Boyfriends (4 books)
  • Hard Pass (Trophy Boyfriends, #1)
  • Hard Love (Trophy Boyfriends, #3)
  • Hard Luck (Trophy Boyfriends #4)