Start by marking “100 Afghans to Knit Crochet” as Want to Read:
100 Afghans to Knit  Crochet

100 Afghans to Knit Crochet

3.43  ·  Rating details ·  42 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Avid knitters and crocheters will be overjoyed with this  treasure trove of 100 brand-new designs from two of the most famous names in needlework. From classic to cutting edge, these projects feature all the wonderful new yarns, introduce unusual new ways to do square motifs and unique borders, and include a wide range of designs, not just for crocheters, but for often neg ...more
Published September 28th 2006 by Sterling (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about 100 Afghans to Knit Crochet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 100 Afghans to Knit Crochet

Amanda
Feb 17, 2008 rated it liked it
I've finished #52 Chevrons and Diamonds - very fun pattern! The reverse single crochet edge really pops. I'd say it took me about four months, just working on it here and there.

Recently began working on #59 Renaissance Beauty. If you like crocheting afghans made by putting together a bunch of blocks but you're sick of sewing them together, this is the project for you! The last row of each block includes instructions for attaching the new piece to the rest of your finished blocks. Still a lot of
Trudy
Feb 22, 2009 rated it liked it
This book has a lot of retro-type patterns, which I am kinda into when I want an afghan. I want one like the ones we had at my house growing. The yarn I select and the color of the yarn bear this out. We're talking Lion Brand Wool-Ease. But I think you should be able to spill soda and chips all over an afghan and then pop it in the wash, I don't think an Afghan should cost 100 dollars to knit and thus you can never use it casually. I'm making #20 shaded panels and it is mindless DVD-watching fun ...more
Josie
Once again, the title is misleading.

This is a book that is full of patterns, but the majority ... at least 90%, is crochet .. not knit as the title suggests. I'm a little disappointed in this fact.

The pictures of the afghans are beautiful, and showcase the pattern which is given after the pics.

Still a good book to look at for ideas, but disappointing in not being a "KNIT and Crochet" book.
Rose Ann
Dec 21, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: knitting
This has a really nice pattern for a darling crocheted baby afghan in my favorite color of butter yellow. It could be made larger for a full-size throw.
Christy
May 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
TOO many gorgeous ideas! Fortunately for me, most of the patterns are crochet. I can hardly wait to try out some of them.
Kate
I really enjoyed this book. As I both knit & crochet I enjoyed all the patterns. I am also going to use some of the patterns to make prayer shawls as the patterns seem flexible enough. Grat job!
Saleris
Even though I'm never likely to make the crocheted afghans, I like the patterns for the knitted ones (I picked the book up because it was on DEEP discount).
Kelly
Mar 26, 2013 rated it liked it
The majority of the patterns in this book are for crochet so if you're a knitter, this really isn't worth it. I've used a couple crochet patterns and have had no issues with them.
Anna Hiller
Dec 19, 2007 rated it liked it
Shelves: crafts, crochet, knitting
This book has a *major* kitsch factor, especially for the crocheted items.
Dyah