Start by marking “Naughty Needles: Sexy, Saucy Knits for the Bedroom and Beyond (Potter Craft)” as Want to Read:
Naughty Needles: Sexy, Saucy Knits for the Bedroom and Beyond (Potter Craft)

Naughty Needles: Sexy, Saucy Knits for the Bedroom and Beyond (Potter Craft)

3.64  ·  Rating details ·  222 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
Fulfill your sex kitten fantasies and your crafting jones at the same time: knit naughty! Naughty Needles is a fun and feisty knitting adventure filled with designs that can go from bedroom to costume party and back again. Play it sweet in a Fembot babydoll nightie or sex it up in Hootchie Kootchie pasties. When you're feeling frisky, knit up the Baby Blue-Ball Gag or play ...more
Published December 19th 2006 by Potter Craft

To ask other readers questions about Naughty Needles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Naughty Needles

Feb 10, 2009 rated it liked it
The patterns get less stars, because honestly I got this from the library for the ONE pattern I want to make (Into the Woods) and there is nothing else that interests me. The writing and clear easy instructions get more stars though. Her writing is funny and sharp, and she never apologizes for enjoying the "wifely arts" while still being a feminist. She admits that she is a new knitter, and she makes socks look easy because she breaks them into small chunks and even pauses to tell you when it wi ...more
Heather
Dec 01, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: knitting
Better than Sexy Little Knits. Good range of projects. I think the costume/fantasy play ideas are a little lacking, though. Mermaid? Not sure what's sexy about a woman with her legs fused together- kind of defeats the point, right? Well, I guess that might fall under the "to each her/his own" category. And the Red Riding Hood cape? I can pick up a cape pattern in any old book if I wanted to play Little Red Riding Hood and the Big Bad Wolf. When I pick up a book about sexy knits, I'd like to find ...more
Kelly
Nov 22, 2007 rated it really liked it
The photos are great - they actually cause you to have thoughts like, "Hmm, it *would* be a riot to knit a baby-blue ball gag." I haven't made anything from the patterns yet, but once I do, I'll adjust my rating according to the actual process and results of following them...

First on the agenda for me would be either the corset or the red riding hood (but maybe in green). But both involve some serious felting. I mean, I have a washboard and all, but felting a whole corset? Or a riding hood/cape
Mycroft
Jun 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
I bought this for the bikini pattern on the cover and was surprised by how well it turned out and how practical its been. Next I modified one of the sweaters just a little and have gotten so much use out of it! I learned a few techniques from the book about altering patterns and shaping. It's creative and entertaining and, while I don't expect to make every pattern, it's really kinda cool!
Miss Mouse
Feb 16, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: home-crafty
This book has some really fun patterns, but also some that just make me shake my head. These types of patterns are fun to look at, don't take much yarn, but are more tricky to make because many are fitted and gauge is vital.
Ldooley
This book is absolutely hysterical. I want to send a copy to Amy Sedaris -> it's essentially a knitting book for folks into bondage and dressing up -> who knew that was even a category???
Karen
Sep 06, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: knittingbooks
I can't believe I bought a book for two patterns. If you know me at all, you know which ones - but maybe I'll feel brave enough to try the clothing, too.
Siberia
Dec 30, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: knitting
Lots of fun, more hilarious than practical as far as actual projects go.
Addie Cole
May 19, 2007 rated it really liked it
the day I saw the page in this book on "condom critters", cute rad looking little owls for (you guessed it) taking care of your condoms, was the day I wished I had the patience to learn to knit.
Cyndi Beane-Henry
Apr 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A light hearted romp through the bedroom with your knitting needles!

Okay, so this 50+ year old woman was simply looking for a pattern to knit panties, when she came across the listing for this book. And this woman [dare I say it.... Me!] was so intrigued I simply had to purchase it!

Fun patterns for everything from the naughty little negligee to a ball gag!

Patterns to play the dominatrix, and patterns to play the bedroom - uh hum, whore.

Patterns are written in standard American English style, and
  • Anticraft: Knitting Beading & Stitching for the Slightly Sinister
  • Son of Stitch 'n Bitch
  • Big Girl Knits : 25 Big, Bold Projects Shaped for Real Women with Real Curves
  • Knit Kimono
  • Toe-Up Socks for Every Body: Adventurous Lace, Cables, and Colorwork from Wendy Knits
  • The Best of Interweave Knits
  • Scarf Style
  • Alterknits: Imaginative Projects and Creativity Exercises
  • The Vogue® Knitting Stitchionary Volume Three: Color Knitting: The Ultimate Stitch Dictionary from the Editors of Vogue® Knitting Magazine
  • Itty-Bitty Toys: How to Knit Animals, Dolls, and Other Playthings for Kids
  • Pretty in Punk: 25 Punk, Rock, and Goth Knitting Projects
  • Weekend Knitting: 50 Unique Projects and Ideas
  • Vogue Knitting Stitchionary Volume One: Knit & Purl: The Ultimate Stitch Dictionary from the Editors of Vogue Knitting Magazine