Start by marking “The Magic Ingredient” as Want to Read:
The Magic Ingredient

The Magic Ingredient

The end of summer is approaching, but even at the height of Bar Harbor’s tourist season, Eve Silver is having a hard time keeping enough dough in the bank to sustain the family bakery. Her only hope of paying past due bills is to win the catering bid for the town’s upcoming Harvest Happening festival. Otherwise, it’ll be lights out for Mount Desserts by Christmas.

Widower J
Published October 13th 2020 by Rosewind Books

To ask other readers questions about The Magic Ingredient, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Magic Ingredient

Start your review of The Magic Ingredient
Kassandra Blake
Oct 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
4,7*

It was the title that initially intrigued me. After reading the synopsis, I wanted to read this story.

The story takes place in a small town in Maine, Bar Harbor, and revolves primarily around the Mount Dessert bakery. I have had my mouth watering more than once.

The narration is made from three different points of view by the most important characters: Eve, Jeff and Candace. The characters are endearing and for the first time I liked them all. I admit that Doris is a bit annoying. Everyone fa
Catherine Lowe
Oct 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
During the ups and downs of 2020, readers looking for a feel-good novel may expect Lindy Miller’s THE MAGIC INGREDIENT [Rosewind Books, October 13, 2020] to follow the lines of other romance novels within the genre. However, this romance novel has much more than just the typical elements of romance novels in its respective subgenres. With important themes such as loss, recovery, family, and love mixed in with some humor from Bar Harbor locals—THE MAGIC INGREDIENT appeals to readers of all ages l ...more
zen_s
Dec 02, 2020 added it
Shelves: 1-did-not-finish
Glenda Thedens
Oct 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is inspiring it shows that if you have hope and don't give up dreams can come true.
A small town ambience showing the loyalty love and the belief they show for each other.
Book also shows how it's possible to be happy again after losing someone you love. It also shows how you can find a second chance at love at any age.
Dini - dinipandareads
Oct 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
I read this book as part of the blog tour hosted by Xpresso Book Tours. Special thanks to the author for providing the ARC in exchange for an honest review. 3.5 stars rounded up

If you're looking for a feel-good seasonal romance with the added bonuses of the small-town charm and mouthwateringly delicious baked goods, then this is the book you need to pick up ASAP! The Magic Ingredient is a wholesome and heartwarming read about second chances, family and figuring out what's really important.

Set in
BookTrib.com
Love, in all its humble yet inexplicable power, truly takes the cake in THE MAGIC INGREDIENT. The characters’ demonstrations of this highest virtue — towards each other and their community — prove more enchanting than any Halloween spell or culinary confection. The result is sweet indeed.

Read our full review here:
Heather
Dec 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
This time of year always feels so magical! And if there was ever a year where we could use some extra magic, it's this one.

I added into my mix of December reads, this feel-good holiday romance by Lindy Miller - The Magic Ingredient. It felt very Hallmark movie, and it was a great way to kick off my holiday reading!

Eve is recently single, and struggling financially to keep the doors of her family-owned bakery open in Bar Harbor, Maine. Her last hope for staying in business is to win the town's ca
Nicole
Nov 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: holiday
This is a new to me author and she has gained a reader. I was drawn to this book because Eve is a baker and I love to bake. I'm so glad I read this one. It's jam packed with heart and feels. Jeff and his family are looking for a fresh start to heal in Bar Harbor. Eve is hanging onto her family legacy by a thread, but there is a change in the wind when the Perry family moves in. I loved Jeff's father-in-law Bapo. His mischievous nature and his little bits of wisdom draw you to him. He says Hallow ...more
Megan | Bookstacks 'n Golden Moms
If you're in the mood for a romance with a bit of culinary flair to it, this is a great one to add to your reading pile! While the romance addict in me would have liked to see more of that blossoming in THE MAGIC INGREDIENT, I loved watching the story unfold as Eve and Jeff worked together to save Eve's bakery before her end of the year deadline.

The introduction of this book finds Jeff - a widower - moving his teenage daughter and his father-in-law to a small island community to "start over". I
Ildiko McCabe
Feb 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
After a very rainy summer and a gloomy fall, I really needed this book. I’ve read several “heavy” stories recently and I was looking for a whimsical book that’s good for my soul.
I fell in love with the characters. I wanted to be in the story and participate in the baking, experience the bustle of the bakery. This book made me want to travel to Maine!
I read the book under a cozy blanket, with tea and scone next to me, playing a soundtrack the author put together. I didn’t want the story to end,
Amanda
Dec 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If you’re at all familiar with Maine, and more specifically Bar Harbor, this book is like being curled up with a warm blanket in front of a fire, just pure bliss...with just a bit of magic. Once you read The Magic Ingredient, you’ll know exactly what I mean by that, and who doesn’t need a little magic in their lives right now?
Caroline
Mar 28, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: rwa
Hallmark movie in book form, complete with the only kiss at the end.
Janet Perroni
A fun and interesting romance!
Dec 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a wonderful, feel good small town read. It’s about family, friends and love. I finished reading this book with a smile on my face and tears in my eyes. I loved the time I spent in Bar Harbour and I hope it won’t be too long before I can visit again.
Melissa Cheresnick
Nov 01, 2020
Beth Mcelroy Todd
Nov 12, 2020
Khothy
rated it did not like it
Oct 14, 2020
Goodreads Librari...: Please add award 1 16 Nov 21, 2020 03:20PM

• The Santa Suit
  • Every Last Secret
  • Zikora
  • The Tourist Attraction (Moose Springs, Alaska #1)
  • Horrorstör
  • The Devil and the Dark Water
  • The Mystery of Mrs. Christie
  • Making the Love List (Tall, Dark and Driven #1)
  • Witch in Danger (Blair Wilkes Mystery #3)
  • Country Romance (Millars Crossing #1)
  • The Christmas Spirit
  • Granny Undercover (Secret Agent Granny #2)
  • Hidden in the Keys (Longboat Key Book 6) (Longboat Key Island)
  • Hidden in the Keys (Longboat Key Book 2) (Longboat Key Island)
  • Tempted by Love (The Steeles at Silver Island, #1)
  • Witch in Progress (A Blair Wilkes Mystery #1)
  • Witch in Training (Blair Wilkes Mystery #2)
  • Hidden in the Keys (Longboat Key Book 1)
Lindy Miller is an award-winning author of feel-good love stories that are full of sweet moments and happily ever afters. She believes the best time to fall in love is during the holidays, preferably over a cup of warm tea or a delicious vegan pastry - two things she can't get enough of.

Lindy is represented by Gandolfo Helin & Fountain Literary Management and supported by Smith Publicity. Several