Start by marking “Phantom Assassin (Darkling Penitentiary, Part 1)” as Want to Read:
Phantom Assassin (Darkling Penitentiary, Part 1)

Phantom Assassin

(Darkling Penitentiary #1)

Tonight, I killed the Queen of the Starlight Faeries… my grandmother.

I am Zenevieve, the Starlight Princess, and with one glance you’d think nothing else of me, yet there’s another side that no one knows. From the age of five I’ve secretly trained in the dark arts, foreseeing that one day I would be summoned by the God of the Realms.

So, when a burning rose appears on my pi
Published June 26th 2020 by S.W. Creative Publishing co

To ask other readers questions about Phantom Assassin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Phantom Assassin

Start your review of Phantom Assassin (Darkling Penitentiary, Part 1)
Debbie Eyre
Jun 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
OMG what an absolutely fantastic read! I am currently Sitting here trying to put into words how awesome this was! It’s addictive and exciting and totally engrossing and i just couldn’t put it down it was that good! The female MC is strong, snarky and sassy, the storyline full of betrayal, heartbreak, twists and turns and intrigue and had me on the edge of my seat the whole time! I absolutely cannot wait for the next book.
Natalia Navarro
Aug 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic!!! 😍💖

OMG what a fantastic start of a new series: The story line is awesome, the world building amazing, the twist and turns unexpected and shocking, the angst intense!!! 😲😰🤯
All these fantastic elements will keep you on edge, turning pages as crazy, wanting more and more and, after that f'ing cliffhanger, the feeling is even worse!!! #dyinghere #needthenextbook 😩😭
You will love Zenevieve and Aros, two broken souls, slaves to their masters, to their fate... 😔 💔
Now that they have found eac
Lunnaris
Sep 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
"All hail the Starlight Queen"

O.M.G.

The truth is that this book did not appeal to me so much because the idea of ​​a prison did not convince me. I can't explain how glad I was to have read it anyway.

I love this kind of illustrations in books

Zeneviève is a Starlight Faery, a really special kind created by goddess Dalu, and being from the royal family, she can absorb energy from the moon, which can be clearly seen in the shine of her wings. But Zeneviève is even mo
Keryn
Aug 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adored this book! So many twists and turns. Brilliant world building, and very interesting characters. Zenevieve is a royal Starlight faery different from the others. She's not only got the gift of premonition, but is given the immense weight of making sure the visions she sees come to pass. No matter now painful or heartbreaking... If she sees it she can't try to change it. This part of herself is kept secret from all but her beloved grandmother the queen. Woken from nightly horren ...more
Aneesa Bhayat
Shelves: excellent-books
What a book!!! My heart is still recuperating from the onslaught of emotions this storyline brought on. Stephanie Wallace’s ability to create a wonderful new world with beautiful epic detailed descriptions is simply mind-boggling.
Zeneviève is a beautiful Starlight Faery Princess with a pure heart but fate dictates that she becomes a deadly assassin. This ultimately lands her in the feared Darkling Penitentiary, with the Dark Phoenix, Lord Aros as the Warden of the prison. Ooh the witty exchange
Colette Samimi
Jun 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have to start off saying that I love Stephany's writing. She was able to capture a whole new fantasy world in this story that's modern and out of this world while taking you on a ride of emotions. The Phantom Assassin, Zenevieve's story is heartbreaking but hopeful. As she begins to accept her fate and future she learns things might not be as they seem. The Dark Phoenix shows an interest in Zenevieve like no other. Will he overcome his hatred of fairies or will he condemn her to the darkness. ...more
Tayla Mai
Aug 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh my gosh this book was absolutely fantastic! I loved all of the characters it was hard to hate anyone or it was a love hate relationship lol stephany did amazing again! This is only the 2nd series I’ve read by her but it never disappoints.

The main character is so much fun! She’s light and fire in a mix. She won’t let you boss her around and will do things just to spite the dark Phoenix. I admit when she had to give in and accomplish the prophecy it killed me to see so the guards and her famil
Leona
Jun 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Before I start reading, I'm thinking that I'm going to be reading about the Dark Phoenix! But not only do I read about him, I also read about the Starlight Faery!
Man the adventure that Stephany took me on with this book was just breath taking! At one point, I was really mad cause of what happened to the Faery! But then I understood why that happened. So maybe it wasn't too awful, but it was still bad!
Then when the Faery met the Dark Phoenix, that was an interesting adventure! You will de
Maria Arnold
Jun 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Such an amazing book! I have always loved Stephany Wallace's books. She definitely didn't disappoint with this one!

A strong main female character. Zeneviève is so fiesty and snarky! I absolutely love her! The story line is fantastic. My emotions were all over the place like I was on a rollercoaster ride! Plenty of intrigue, heartbreak, twist and turns! It will definitely keep you enthralled!

i can't wait to see what else the next book brings!
Felicia Semmler
Jun 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Refreshingly different

O M G!!! So amazing. Start to finish this boom is thrilling and hits a spot that I didn’t know needed to be hit. Zenevive is hardcore and everything you want a heroin to be. Aros is kind of a dick, who does things that make little to no sense.

The Warden, is a monster so terrifying no one dares speak against it.

What a fantastic start to this series and truly I can’t wait for more. Book 2 can’t come soon enough.
Jeannie
Jul 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
As usual author, Stephany Wallace writes an amazing book. Her new series, Darkling Penitentiary debut book “Phantom Assassin” is a must read. Zenevieve, a Starlight Princess is a strong character and goes a lot during this first book. So much emotions you feel along with the character. Great character development. Once she is at the Darkling Penitentiary, the supporting characters are just as great. Very entertaining reading what happens at the penitentiary for Zenevieve with a few surprises. Th ...more
Lauren
Jul 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Zeneviève is a breath of fresh air. I'm so glad the Darkling Penitntiary is both different and the same as some of Stephany Wallace's other works. I can't wait to read the next one. This one pulls you in so well to the world building, which is honestly my favorite part. I enjoy the Aros mostly because he's such an asshole. I may have a problem with liking bad guys . Well done. I think I'm going to enjoy this series.
Melissa Moody
Jul 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love the way Stephany Wallace thinks. She comes up with the most interesting stories, worlds, and characters! She creates strong characters in every book, and this one is no exception. Zenevieve is a strong character with a lot of sass and attitude that you can't help but love. You will experience all your emotions from the beginning until the end. I can't wait until the next book is out!

I have read all of her books and love them all.
Denise
Jul 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved reading Darkling Penitentiary: Phantom Assassin..
The storyline is beautiful and fantastic. With the main character being the Starlight Princess with her name being Zeneviève. Zeneviève is special and has a secret side to her or a duel identity. Then there is Aro he special and and has a story of his own in how he came to the Darkling Penitentiary.
Both characters are unique and super special in there own way.
I can't wait to read the next book.
Essiery
Jul 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was really sad at the beginning of this book. I really felt for Zenevieve. Still, there's a reason for everything and things start lining up. There's still a lot of mystery to what's going on and things weren't resolved at all in this book, still it's an awesome story that makes me wish all the books were out and I could binge read. This book may feel like an introduction to the bigger going ons but it was a very entertaining ride from beginning to end.
Yarelis Martínez
Jun 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I'm emotionally invested now with this series. Zenevive and Aros are both struggling, one with duty and the other with the past (if you read the prequel you'll understand). Both have deep emotions they need to sort out. They have evolved, and I'm sure they'll keep evolving. And I'll be there waiting to it ♥️.
Be prepared tho, for intense cuteness from an adorable character 😍😍😍
Beth Bequette
Jul 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was unique, amazing, and engrossing! I absolutely adored this book!! You have a strong MFC! You have heartbreak, betrayal, growth, intrigue, and sassiness! Some of my favorite combinations!! This is a new series and I cannot wait for the next book! The ever growing relationships between all characters is extremely well written!! Bring on Book 2

Melodie Custer-luckett
Jun 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book has it all.... All the feels...

How can you go wrong with hot sexy "bad" boy.... Snarky female lead...

Darkling Penitentiary is not your ordinary prison.....

Can't wait to see what comes next!!
Jul 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What can you say? Stephany Wallace captures your attention and draws you right into another world her imagination has created!

Such a thrilling read; with lots of sass, snark and heartbreak - it will wrench your heart out. BUT! The story brings hope as well. Definitely a page turner!!!
Danielle Fleetwood
Aug 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Must read!!!!

Zenevieve and Aros are absolutely wonderful! This is just the beginning of their story. Zenevieve gives up everything to follow fate. Aros has given up on everything. Will they be fated to be together or separate hero and heroine? Book 2 needs to hurry
Desiree
Aug 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Such an amazing book!
A strong main female character. The story line is fantastic. Plenty of intrigue, heartbreak, twist and turns! It will definitely keep you enthralled!

i can't wait to see what else the next book brings!
Christy
Aug 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I’m in love!

Omg! I absolutely love this world & characters! You must read this book, you will not be disappointed.
Stephany Wallace is a new author to me & I’m so thankful that I found her! I will be reading her other books!
Gracie Bustillos
Sep 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It’s an amazing series

Oh my gosh this book was absolutely fantastic!
Stephany Wallace captures your attention and she draws you right into her imagination world That she has created. This is the first series I’ve read by her and I find her writing amazing. I can’t wait for her next book to this series. It’s a must read book.
Melissa
Jun 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Just loved this story! So much sadness and then love and then it starts again. Love Aros he has been through so much. The ending though, Stephany loves those cliff hangers!
Andie Ryder
Fantastic!

All the feels! Snarky chick and mmmm man crush brooding hottie! Everything you want in a book! Can’t wait for the next one!
Sarah Cleaver
Jun 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Gave me chills

Love these characters...
Dark pheonix and aros wow...
Am excited for the next one .
All Hail the starlight queen
Hanna
Jul 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Stephany has done it again with an amazing world build and phenomenal characters! I read this book in a day because I couldn't put it down.
Kimberly McElhenney
Jul 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love reading this and cant wait to read more I couldnt put it down highly recommend reading
Tina SD
Jul 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness what a rush! This story kept me on my toes and kept me turning the pages. It’s dark and light and intense and I need to know how it all ends! Great story and great characters!
Stacy Bradley
Aug 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love it

Stephany is one of my favourite authors and she never disappoints! This book proves that, but the cliff hangers kill me!! I need more!!!

• Harbinger (War Angel Academy Book 1)
  • Dark Fae Cursed (Broken Court, #1)
  • Inferno of Darkness (Divisa Huntress Book 2)
  • Of Blood and Sacrifice (Royal Fae Guardians, #2)
  • Kismet (The Quira Chronicles Book 1)
  • Of Swords and Dragons (Royal Fae Guardians, #0.5)
  • Mortal Scream (Harbingers of Death, #1)
  • Revenge of The Gods (The Titan's Saga #3)
  • Magic is the New Black: A Limited Edition Collection of Supernatural Prison Stories
  • Infernal Dark (Bright Wicked, #3)
  • Poison Throne (Royals of Arbon Academy, #3)
  • Touched by Fire (Demons of New Chicago, #1)
  • Midnight Kisses (Shifter Island, #1)
  • Tainted Magic (The Light Realm Series Book 2)
  • Shifter Wars (Werewolf Dens #1)
  • Face of Danger (Undercover Magic, #2)
  • The Monster Ball Year 3: (A Paranormal Romance Anthology)
  • Wolves' Queen (The Royal Heir, #1)
Stephany Wallace is an International Bestselling Author of Young Adult and New Adult Fantasy Romance, Paranormal Romance, and Urban Fantasy. She has multiple bestselling series including Dynasty of Blood, The Winter Court Chronicles, and Curse of the Lycan.

Stephany writes about headstrong, quirky, bad-ass heroines, and their swoon worthy, alpha male, sweet, or sexy nerdy heroes. She loves writing

News & Interviews