Start by marking “Nightfall (Devil's Night, #4)” as Want to Read:
Nightfall (Devil's Night, #4)

Nightfall

(Devil's Night #4)

From New York Times bestselling author Penelope Douglas comes the thrilling, final installment in the Devil’s Night series…

What happens when it's five against one and nowhere to run?

EMORY

They call it Blackchurch. A secluded mansion in a remote, undisclosed location where the wealthy and powerful send their misbehaving sons to cool off away from prying eyes.

Will Grayson
Published July 24th 2020 by Penelope Douglas LLC

To ask other readers questions about Nightfall, please sign up.
Tajmasha Yes, Emery is briefly mentioned in "Corrupt" as the girl who rejected Will´s love, and for revenge he burns down her gazebo.

Start your review of Nightfall (Devil's Night, #4)
Penelope Douglas
Jul 19, 2016 marked it as finished-writing  ·  (Review from the author)

“Do you know why I’m here?” I asked Will, circling the island and moving away from him.

“Have you been bad like us?”

My pulse quickened, but I closed my mouth, refusing to answer.

He smiled.

“You know...” I murmured, going cold. “Don’t you?”

He nodded.

Shit.

“Do you want to explain?” he asked.

“Would it matter?”

He shook his head.

I dropped my eyes, clutching the knife in my hand and trying to get closer to the door.

I tightened every muscle in my body. “I wish I’d never met you.”

“Believe me, girl
melissa ☽
Cristina | CristiinaReads
Jan 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The ending that we were all seeking and did not expect coming between two lost lovers that bring the best of each other...

For those whom have read this series already, we know by now what to expect from this corrupted world by Penelope Douglas. But being surprised by her majestic mind is also something you should expect no matter what.

The love for William was right there from that very beginning when he was introduced in Corrupt, and we got little glimpse here and there from Emory. She inst
chan ☆
Jul 23, 2020 marked it as to-read
the ARC gods have sent down a gift

and his name is Will
Phuong ✯
2020 was already bad as it is, I didn't need a (or rather several) group orgy scene(s) to top it off.

I'm a huge Penelope Douglas fan. She wrote some of my all time favorite books (Bully, Until You, Punk 57), but I'm just going to say it: I'm not fond of her Devil's Night series or her latest releases. Nightfall is a case of "expected nothing, but still managed to disappoint".

WARNING : Review contains a lot of spoilers!

Nightfall is divided into "Present" and "9 years ago" chapters. The present
Shirley
Jun 22, 2020 rated it did not like it
Edit: still 1 star after reading it. This book was too long and it felt like a first draft. Her editor did her dirty because this book felt like a watt pad fiction and needs tons of work of edition. Let’s start from the beginning:
-Will and Emmy flashbacks in HS were cute. Will is actually extremely sweet and caring and Emmy pov is extremely hard to tw for abuse, physical abuse and verbal abuse. Be careful. This author doesn’t do trigger warnings so therefore she doesn’t care about sensitive read
Mali Mor ❤️ The Romantic Blogger
ezgif-com-video-to-gif

3.5 STARS!

I love Penelope's writing! she has a talent for writing stories that always manages to take me out of the comfort zone and surprising characters that swing between normalcy and psychopathy - and of course this book was no different... 👏
I must point out that Will was not a character that particularly intrigued me - but the book started with such a crazy bang, that for a moment I got dizzy!!! 💥💣

📚 “𝗜 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝗜 𝗺𝗮𝘆 𝘀𝗲𝗲𝗺 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗻𝗶𝗰𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝗼𝗻𝗲, 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗯𝗮𝗯𝗹𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗸 𝗜 𝗿𝗲𝗴𝗿𝗲𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗵𝗶𝘁 𝗜 𝗴𝗶𝘃𝗲
Tears Of Venus, but humans call me Mina
Update 2: Because I unfortunately have nothing better to do with my time (have tons of work but whatever), (view spoiler)
---------------------------

Update 1 : (view spoiler) and my excitement level just

Still gonna read this because closure 🥺

Ahana M Rao (Heart’s Content)
You can find this review of Nightfall on my blog, Heart's Content!

Warning: This review is going to be long. This book was gigantic and there are a lot of things I have to say. Also, I've tried to put down as many trigger warnings as I could note, but this is my first time writing one because the book does have it so I may have missed out a few, so if you're trying out this series, please do also check out more experienced bloggers' opinions for their trigger warnings. They're probably better at
Jessica
Jul 25, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2020-releases
I absolutely love this series. Will is the horseman who kind of is always in the background and who I've always felt the least connected to. I was really excited for his story and to see how this series would wrap up.

The beginning of this book just dumps you into the story as Emmy wakes up at Blackchurch in a house with five dangerous men. And no way out. Will is one of those guys and I was living for their reconnection after not seeing each other for nine years. In true Penelope Douglas fashio
Jessica ❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥
4.5

The Devil's Night series is one of my favorite dark romance series of all time. Anything I say about it or this particular installment could never do it justice. Penelope Douglas deserves an endless amount of praise for the phenomenal job she did with this series though, so it's only right that I give it my best shot.

5Xdw

Nightfall is more than just one couple's story. It's the end of a complex storyline that has spanned across over 2,000 pages, four books, and a novella. A story that is intric
Mickeysreads
Jul 25, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: two-star
2.5 STARS

TRIGGER WARNING (view spoiler)

So the definition of "LOVE" in this series is that once confessed, they HAVE to fuck/touch/kiss someone from the gang.
Corrupt - Rika uses the word love, threesome with Kai.
Hideaway - The word "Love" was not used yet but still we got a scene where Rika and Banks were making out and then Michael and Kai join them. I didn't want to leave them out of the party.
Kill Switch - Winter uses the word love, threesome with Will. (Wi
Wendy
Dani
One day I will learn to stop going into books with such high hopes, but I digress...

Simply put, this was boring. I was excited during the early chapters when it felt like this would be suspenseful and emotional, but it all just felt flat shortly after. There was a disconnect somewhere.
Emmy in the flashbacks was sarcastic, witty, and endearing for still preserving through all the shit handed to her, but present day Emmy was bitter and someone I found to be unlikeable. Sure, she was resourceful a
Bookadmirer
Jul 25, 2020 rated it it was ok
EmBibliophile
Jul 26, 2020 rated it liked it

And in the end, all that I’ll remember is that I came out of this series loving Damon a little bit more...

Seriously can we appreciate his character growth and development? Can we appreciate how he’s the only one who is not a brat? I don’t care that this is Will’s book, *honestly I don’t think that even Will cared that this is his book* I freakin enjoyed those moments of Damon, him and Emory, and everything he has done. He’s the best thing that has ever happened to this series.

As for Em
Lacey (laceybooklovers)
It took me a whole day but I FINISHED!! This was such a long book but I literally couldn’t put it down! I’m still debating my rating but it’s either 4 or 4.5 stars. This was truly the epic finale we’ve all been waiting for. I’m devastated this is the end for this cast of characters, but epilogue does leave us with a little something to expect in the future 👀

Full review to come!
Samantha Young
Jul 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Maybe it’s easier to see everything as just good or bad, with no shades of gray in between? Maybe that’s why we live in a society that has grown increasingly unforgiving when people make mistakes or are seen as less than perfect? What I love about this series by Penelope Douglas is that she confronts the truth: people are complicated. People are not just good or bad. We all have light and darkness within us. And that can be discomfiting and a little scary.

Sometimes this series (the last two boo
•PerSefone•
Jun 02, 2020 rated it liked it
3 'cause I'm generous and I love Damon and I love Pen and I don't want to be a mean witch stars

Mood : With high expectations comes great disappointment.

Minor Spoilers

Things to know before you read this book:
Nightfall is the kickest (MM, MFMF, FF, MMF, MFMM, MFMFMFFF, 🤣) and most OTT book in this Series.
It has Credence vibes.. If you didn't enjoy Credence you won't enjoy this book.

TW: abuse, domestic violence.

✅ 60-65 (especially past chapters) % + Damon and Winter's scenes --> 4 stars

Past:
Nas
SPOILERS 2.5 stars

WILL AND EMORY??? i fell in love. from the beginning they were so SOFT towards each other, especially will<3 their love was so pure and the flashbacks were precious and everything I didn’t know I needed in this book. (view spoiler)

“But before I could escape from his lap, he grab
Bhavya Marya
Jul 26, 2020 rated it liked it

“They were all here for a reason, and none of them were my friends.”

There were things I liked and disliked about this book so I kinda just divided it :

the good
-The book was engaging, which wasn't really a surprise. It took a lot of strength to put it down and go about my day. I kept thinking about it when I wasn't reading it. Penelope Douglas can build tension like no one else can. She can get my heart beating fast in minutes.
-There were a lot of twists in this book that surprised the
Kim
After thinking about it for a few days I changed my mind about the rating. I skimmed, I sighed, I complained a lot, rolled my eyes and even laughed at scenes that were meant to be very serious. I didn’t like this enough to give it more than 2 stars.

I refuse to give this book 1 star because this has been a favorite author for years but her last two books have both gotten a low rating. I’m hopefull things will turn around again.
alluring B ❄︎
3.25 STARS

It’s really impossible to cover ALL of my notes in here so I’m just gonna highlight a few of em, aight. It’s a mess btw

▪️To say that I didn’t enjoy this last instalment would be a lie bcs I actually really did (to a certain degree heh). Although I didn’t think it was as thrilling and had-me-at-the-edge-of-my-seat as I experienced with Hideaway and maybe bcs of that, I ended up finishing this a little later than I expected. This book was definitely too long for me and I swear I kept doz
Fre06 Begum
Halle Reads
2.25 Stars 🌟

This review will probably contain spoilers so just maybe don't read it if you haven't read the book yet.

600+ pages and the best part of the book was when Damon punched Will, Kai & Michael
And well just Damon in general 😍😍💕

PD said it best herself

"It’s not that I didn’t like books. I just didn’t like old books. Third person, wonky paragraphs a mile long, and some dumb academic trying to force me to believe there’s profound meaning in the author’s overwritten description of a piece o
Ailin
1 star

WHAT THE HELL WAS THIS BOOK???? How the HELL am I back to the rating I gave the first book in the series??? *cries into oblivion*

My feelings and expectations were crushed by it. I'm so disappointed and sad that I want to cry of frustration.

Chapter 34 was a NIGHTMARE.

And even though that clouded and tainted my perception of the rest of the book, no, it wasn't only that. It was everything. There are so many bad and insulting things about this book that I don't even know where to start.

*From
Gemma
Jan 15, 2017 marked it as to-read
WILL'S BOOK. SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
Everyone and their dog knows that Will is my bae (LURVED his cameo in Punk 57 as Misha's cuz by the way) so yeah. Now we wait.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Cardan Greenbriar
Feb 19, 2020 marked it as to-read
HURRY UP PENELOPE THAT EXCERPT WAS SKHGLSIHGWAFBKJFAF SOMEBODY GET ME A LIFE TIME SUPPLY OF VODKA

ok fine but

k
s
niteskycs
𝟑.𝟕𝟓 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐬

❝ 𝙞’𝙙 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙙 𝙚𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙮 𝙨𝙞𝙣𝙘𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙢𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩 𝙞 𝙡𝙖𝙞𝙙 𝙚𝙮𝙚𝙨 𝙤𝙣 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙞 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣. 𝙞 𝙘𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙝𝙚𝙧—𝙨𝙞𝙩𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙤𝙣 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙗𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙤𝙪𝙩𝙨𝙞𝙙𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙞𝙣-𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙠 𝙛𝙚𝙣𝙘𝙚 𝙨𝙪𝙧𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙘𝙝𝙤𝙤𝙡 𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙡𝙤𝙩 𝙖𝙨 𝙨𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙖𝙩𝙘𝙝𝙚𝙙 𝙢𝙮 𝙛𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙢𝙚 𝙤𝙣 𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙨𝙠𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙗𝙤𝙖𝙧𝙙𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙨𝙪𝙢𝙢𝙚𝙧. 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙢 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙢𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩 𝙤𝙣, 𝙞𝙩 𝙨𝙚𝙚𝙢𝙚𝙙 𝙞 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙖𝙡𝙬𝙖𝙮𝙨 𝙖𝙬𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙝𝙚𝙧, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙞 𝙙𝙞𝙙, 𝙞 𝙙𝙞𝙙 𝙞𝙩 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙞𝙩 𝙞𝙣 𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙨𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙬𝙖𝙩𝙘𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜. ❞

OK so this is obviously a super difficult book to rate. honestly, the rating is 100% because of willemmy's relation
Lydia's Romance
FOUR STARS

*****Original Post*****

OMFG
My first question is:
Who is Will having a ménage scene with? 🔥
Maybe this time we’ll get an orgy with the Four Horsemen and their better halves? At this point why not 🤷🏻‍♀️

Regardless, I need this book pronto!
I’m ready for another kickass playlist too.
Damon & Winter’s was AWE-mazing 🖤

*****Review*****

Call me Nostradamus because I was right! Lol PD wrote that scene. I'm not in her FB group or subscribe to her newsletter or whatever, so my statement above was

• Vicious Prince (Royal Elite, #5)
  • Ruthless Empire (Royal Elite, #6)
  • Tempting Devil (Sinners and Saints, #2)
  • Black Knight (Royal Elite, #4)
  • Sicko
  • Wicked Princess (Royal Hearts Academy, #3)
  • The Hunter (Boston Belles, #1)
  • Playing with Fire
  • Angry God (All Saints High, #3)
  • Cruel King (Royal Elite, #0)
  • Ruthless Bishop (Sinners and Saints, #3)
  • Deviant King (Royal Elite, #1)
  • Twisted Kingdom (Royal Elite, #3)
  • The Dare (Briar U, #4)
  • Exodus (The Ravenhood Duet, #2)
  • Steel Princess (Royal Elite, #2)
  • Bound by the Past (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #7)
  • Flock (The Ravenhood Duet, #1)
Penelope Douglas is a New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal bestselling author. Her books have been translated into fifteen languages and include The Fall Away Series, The Devil’s Night Series, and the stand-alones, Misconduct, Punk 57, Birthday Girl, and Credence,. Please look for Tryst Six Venom and Motel, as well as the Hellbent series, coming next.

She lives in Las Vegas with her

Devil's Night (4 books)
  • Corrupt (Devil's Night, #1)
  • Hideaway (Devil's Night, #2)
  • Kill Switch (Devil's Night, #3)