Start by marking “Gelato Surprise” as Want to Read:
Gelato Surprise

Gelato Surprise

She came to the beach to find herself--and found him.

Forty-two-year-old divorcée Danielle Peters ends up alone on her family's annual beach vacation. Maybe time to herself is exactly what she needs. That and gelato from her favorite ice cream shop. But when the owner's intoxicating young nephew offers more than sweet treats, she's tempted to indulge in a hot summer fling b
ebook
Published June 29th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Gelato Surprise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gelato Surprise

Start your review of Gelato Surprise
Amanda Hupe
"Readers will need LOTS of ice cream to cool down after this spicy concoction!"

Check out my full review at InD'Tale Magazine:
InD'tale Magazine
Rating: 4.5/5.0

Readers will need LOTS of ice cream to cool down after this spicy concoction! This is a short novella, but it packs a lot of punch and flows well despite not being long in length.

Read full review in the 2020 September issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Emma
Aug 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Such a sweet story with lots of heat between the characters. Great when you want a quick read to put you in a good mood.
Jennifer Hines
Jul 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
*I received this book free from the author.*

Danielle was kind of stuck. She'd been cheated on and then through a divorce, and was stuck in the aftermath. She worried about her kids being introduced to another one of their dad's girlfriends. She was upset that the only time he could take them for two weeks was during their annual trip to the beach. So now while he's in Florida with the new girlfriend and their kids, she was convinced by her friends to go to the beach anyway. To take some 'me' tim
Cadence Vonn
Jun 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! Ms. Stone has a knack for describing scenes with a few words that creates vivid pictures without bogging down the story. I could smell the sea air and taste the tang of the gelato. Matteo is the perfect summer book boyfriend. He's kind, loving and super sexy. Danielle is getting over a divorce and is willing to get to know him, even if it's only for two weeks. The sex scenes are hot and Ms. Stone makes camping on the beach an intimate experience. If you want a great beach read ...more
Charlotte O'Shay
Jul 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Forty-two year old Danielle Peters is alone for annual summer beach vacation after her jerk of an ex decides to take their two kids to Disney at the last minute (with his flavor of the month bimbo and her unfortunate children).
Rather than lose her money and because she loves her annual respite from real life at Ocean Haven, Dani decides to use her two week solo trip to reconnect with the relaxed, guitar playing person she was in her younger days.

When Dani meets 31 year old Matteo Verducci, an It
Ashleigh
Jul 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have really enjoyed reading this book, the author did such a great job developing the characters, that I feel like I really know them, and not just the major characters, but the minor ones too.
Also, it caused me to lose quite a bit of sleep while I was reading it, because it was so hard to put down at night.

This review has been voluntarily submitted for your consideration.
Kat Henry
Aug 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
She went to the beach for peace, quiet and healing. What she got was . . . him.

Newly divorced speech therapist Danielle Peters finds herself all alone at the annual family vacation spot in Ocean View, Washington after her ex-husband plays the “one-up card” by taking their kids to Disneyland with his new girlfriend and her two kids. Determined to use the time wisely, Danielle discovers a new side to herself as well as the part-time helper at her favorite gelato shop: Matteo Veducci.
The town
Jamie Jack
Aug 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: p-2020, contemporary
Simple Romantic Fun

Oh, was this book a lot of fun! I always enjoy stories with an older heroine with a complex backstory, but I don't read a lot where the hero is decidedly younger. The author writes in a frothy, flirty style that just pulls you in to her character’s world easily. Loved The opening scene with the girlfriends convincing the heroine to take her normal summer beach trip even though her unpleasant, cheating ex has deprived their kids of their normal vacation. I also loved both Uncle
Anna
Aug 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I gained five pounds reading this story, but it was worth the weight. The ice cream and meals shared by Danielle and Matteo were scrumptious as was rooting for Danielle as she wrestled with her attraction to a younger and very appreciative man. The setting, the secondary characters, the situations, everything worked to suck me into this well-crafted story that evokes the magic and joy of summer by the sea. Oh and did I happen to mention the sex between the Danielle and Matteo was gratifyingly ho ...more
Barbara Kellyn
Apr 29, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This delightfully dreamy read should be subtitled How “Bella” Got Her Groove Back! Following her divorce, Danielle takes her first vacation alone to her family’s usual beachside retreat. There she finds herself in the arms of a hot young Italian local and rediscovers herself and what makes her happy after years of being someone’s wife and mother.
Even if you aren’t able to get to the shore for this perfect beach read, this talented author will whisk you away for a vacation of the mind and heart,
Shirley Goldberg
Jun 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Danielle and Matteo's story was exactly the read I needed. Probably because I live fifteen minutes from the beach, I treasure beachy reads, and soaked this baby up without sunscreen. Of course, the older (slightly) woman with the hot, younger man––way too much fun to resist.

I won’t spoil the plot since I’m a reader who loves self-discovery in movies and especially books. Most of us can relate to Danielle’s plight of being the last to know certain unsavory details once the marriage is over. But
Maria Imbalzano
Jul 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What’s not to love about a gorgeous, young, Italian guy who falls in love with a beautiful older woman who recently had her heart handed to her by her cheating husband? This story is hot and sexy and wonderful. I didn’t want it to end. The characters were charming, sensual, and did I mention hot? Thank you, Ms. Stone, for giving Danielle her Matteo. Even his name is hot.
This book is a delightful novella which is part of the One Scoop or Two Series, and I have to say I haven’t been disappointed
Penny Leidecker
Jun 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is an older woman/younger man story about Danielle and Matteo. Danielle rents a cottage every year at Ocean View, but this year she will be going alone. Her ex-husband, Jason, wants to take their kids to a Disneyland with his new girlfriend and her sons. I really enjoyed this story and the characters. It will have you laughing in parts and crying in other parts. Grab your copy and see if Matteo and Danielle get together or decide to go their separate ways.

I received an advanced reader copy
Brenda Moser
Jul 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a well written summer read with older woman Danielle and younger man Matteo. The author does a great job bringing out all the emotions , both happy and sad , along with strong characters and an entertaining story line. She paints her scenes in vivid detail and weaves a steamy romance. It moves quickly and fluidly and I loved reading.

Cathy Brockman
Gelato Surprise is a fun, fast-paced romance. The main characters are likeable and I loved that the age gap was reversed and Dannielle was the older character. I loved all the matchmaking buy bodies in town and the setting had a fun feel. The storyline was very lifelike and relatable. I enjoyed the story a lot and it was hot enough to melt your icecream!
M Jones
Jun 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
An unplanned and unexpected older woman/younger man romance. The ex-husband tries unsuccessfully to use the children to derail the budding romance. Well written, credible plot, plenty of action, hard to put down.

I received this book free as an advanced reader copy and my review is voluntary.
Kimberly
Jul 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
The book is a good small town romance read. The story has a good story line. The characters are good, and they have good chemistry.

Laurie Ryan
Aug 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story. Sexy, fresh, the perfect summer romance. And Matteo. Wow.
Suanne
Aug 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
A cute second chance romance with an older woman and a younger man. Sadira Stone has a way with writing romance that transcends the genre.
Jan 19, 2021 rated it really liked it
Great book! Well-developed story line and characters. Recommended read! ? I received a free copy of this book and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Laura Baird
Jan 21, 2021
Alicia Dean
Mar 22, 2021

• Always, Almond Fudge
  • Bloodbond (Bloodborn, #2)
  • The Blueberry Swirl Waltz
  • Ravished
  • The Matchmaker's Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelor Mountain Cove)
  • With A Scream (The Last War Series, #4)
  • Kingdom of Wind & Fire (Elemental Kingdoms #1)
  • The Faelti (The Aronia Series)
  • Protecting Her: A Police Officer Mountain Man Second Chance Short Romance (Magnolia Mountain PD Book 1)
  • Fae Incarcerated
  • Long Forgotten Wishes
  • A Twist of the Blade (Shadows and Crowns, #2)
  • Finding Mistletoe
  • Coven of Secrets (The Bayshore Witch Legacy #1)
  • Sprinkle of Snow (Spellbound in Hawthorne #2)
  • Aaravale (Aronia Series #3)
  • The Watcher of the Night Sky
  • Arianna chronicles
Ever since her first kiss, Sadira’s been spinning steamy tales in her head. But it wasn’t until her 50s that she tried her hand at writing one. Now she’s a happy citizen of Romancelandia, penning contemporary romance and cozy mysteries from her home in Washington State. When not writing, which is seldom, she explores the Pacific Northwest with her charming husband, enjoys the local music scene, p ...more

News & Interviews